TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, January 13, 2014
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amTruly CA: Our State, Our Stories [#802H] Brush with the Tenderloin What happens when a soft-spoken artist decides to paint a fanciful mural on one of San Francisco's diciest street corners? A colorful collection of locals interact with artist Mona Caron and end up playing key roles in the mural's evolution in this fascinating cinema verite documentary. duration 24:30 STEREO TVG
12:30 amWilliam and Kate: Into The Future This program draws upon a number of new strands to create a comprehensive account of both William and Kate, providing a look at a wonderful partnership, and a memorable royal celebration. It includes interviews from key royal observers and friends. duration 48:54 STEREO TVPG
1:30 amBorn to Royalty When Prince William married Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011, millions of people watched the couple take their vows in Westminster Abbey. When, 19 months later, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child - a child that will one day be King - the news made headlines around the World. In this insightful documentary, we celebrate the birth of William and Kate's baby, the great-grandchild of Elizabeth II with a fascinating portrait of the life that lies ahead for the child who is born to reign. duration 1:19:03 STEREO
3:00 amMasterpiece Classic [#4402] Downton Abbey Season 4, Part 2 The fates of several characters converge at an opulent house party where a famous guest performs and a new friendship forms. But the flurry of guests and their servants put Mrs. Patmore on edge, Branson ill-at-ease, and Anna in peril.
NOTE: This episode contains scenes which may not be suitable for all audiences. Viewer discretion is advised. duration 1:14:18 STEREO
4:00 amUnlocking Sherlock This program is a behind-the-scenes look into the world of Sherlock Holmes and the making of the latest series. duration 56:46 STEREO TV14
5:00 amImageMakers [#1105H] Dead Last Option TRUE LOVE - Australia
A woman has suffered years of psychological and physical abuse at the hands of her husband. When he starts focusing his rage on her daughter, she snaps and kills him. She never thought she had it in her to kill somebody. Now does she have it in her to bury the evidence? The original and unpredictable thriller that will have you guessing up to its shocking climax. Directed by Robert Braiden. Principal cast: Niki J Price and Jamie Dunn.
CURFEW - USA
At the lowest point in his life, Richie gets a call from his estranged sister, asking him to look after his 9-year-old niece. Years may exaggerate the distance separating brothers and sisters, but blood ties run too deep and cannot be ignored. Written, directed and edited by Shawn Christensen. Principal cast: Shawn Christensen, Fatima Ptacek and Kim Allen. duration 29:05 STEREO TVPGV
5:30 amImageMakers [#1111H] You Should Be Paranoid OUT OF ERASERS - Sweden / Denmark
A woman becomes the victim of a strange "scribble" infection whose only cure is to physically erase the virus. Hysteria results when the town's eraser factory goes up in flames. After struggling to keep safe from the virus's reach, she must deal with the possibility that things will never be the same. A creative and arresting live action/animation blend which updates classic cold war paranoia with contemporary obsessions with viral attacks. Written, edited and directed by Eric Rosenlund.
88:88 - USA
Val has lost control of her life and has cut herself off from family and friends. She feels they are all in denial about the events happening in the world today. Despite her pleas, her warnings have fallen on deaf ears. Realizing she must take a stand, she has only one remaining option - fight back. What starts as the ramblings of a crazy woman turns in to an intense and suspenseful validation of her fears. Directed by Joey Ciccoline. Principal cast: Rachel Kahne. duration 27:46 STEREO TVPGV
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#102H] The Messy Room Problem/The Golden Pyramid Problem The Messy Room Problem - Peg's Room. Peg and Cat sort through the mess in Peg's room just in time for company to come over and see Cat's masterpiece, "The Circles." Primary Content: Sorting; Secondary Content: Shapes.
The Golden Pyramid Problem - Magical Forest. Peg the Bold and Brave Sir Cat, Knights of the Round Table, search far and wide to retrieve the Mermaid's golden pyramids. Primary Content: Solid shapes; Secondary Content: Counting by twos. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#116H] Chasing Rainbows/Follow The Prints * Chasing Rainbows: The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow but can't remember all the colours to use. Luckily for them, Cat takes them to Colour-ga-lore to meet King Kaleidoscope, an expert on rainbows! A musical number teaches them the proper colour order, and a silly spray of water leads them to discover how to make their very own rainbow!
* Follow the Prints: Nick and Sally are enjoying a backyard picnic when they discover their last strawberry has gone missing! Who could have taken it? Cat's friend Cluey Looey can help them! They head to Muddyfeet Waterhole where they learn about how different animals make different types of footprints. Back home, they follow the prints and discover their strawberry was taken by a squirrel! Luckily, the Cat has some more! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#122H] Clean Up Time/Neighborhood Clean Up * Neighborhood Clean Up: A wind storm has made a mess of the Neighborhood playground and no one can play. When King Friday proclaims that it is Clean Up Day, everyone helps restore the playground by throwing out and recycling the trash. The children learn that by working together, the playground can be ready for play again in no time
* Clean Up Time: Daniel and O the Owl are playing "farm" at Daniel's house. They are having a lot of fun, but are making quite a mess! After losing his watch in a messy room, Daniel realizes that cleaning up and putting his toys away will help him find it. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#506H] Caillou Explores Caillou's Shadow: Caillou likes it when Miss Martin calls him a "shadow scientist"...so much so, he's afraid to admit he doesn't know everything about shadows! When Caillou's curiosity gets the better of him, he learns it's much easier to find the answers you're looking for when you ask questions. Educational Objective: Not being afraid to ask questions; deductive reasoning. High Flyers: Daniel comes for a visit and thinks he knows how to put together a model plane...without the instructions. When the plane doesn't fly properly, Caillou finally gets the courage to point out a poorly connected piece. They fix the plane and Daniel acknowledges that Caillou knows a lot for a little kid! Educational Objective: Learning to speak up and express opinions. Caillou's Leaf Pile: Caillou has fun jumping in the fall leaves with Daddy. When Daddy cleans up all the leaves, Caillou still wants to jump. He tries a few options, but doesn't get the results he was hoping for. Finally, Caillou realizes he make his own jumping pile... out of pillows! Educational Objective: Creativity; being resourceful. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#218] King Doggie/The Lucky Cap * King Doggie: When a limo pulls up to the doorman's lobby, the Princess of Bratvia steps out and scoops up Hundley, claiming that he is in fact a Royal Doggie! To verify this, the Princess's Aide measures him and sure enough, Hundley's head is three buckles high, his body is four stripes long and, most importantly, he has the purple mark of Bratvian royalty on his proud chest. So her Highness takes Hundley, aka Barkington the Fifteenth, off to his new palace but soon the princely pup grows weary of luxury and longs for his old lobby. So it's up to his friend George to help convince the royals that Hundley, although very dignified, is just a regular dog of the people. True, Hundley's precise measurements are indeed those of a King Doggie - but could the leftover grape jelly on his chest be a clue to his real identity?
* The Lucky Cap: George's day goes from bad to worse. He spills a bowl of milk, gets caught in a torrential downpour, and just can't get past that seven square in hopscotch. But then the Man with the Yellow Hat gives George a new cap, and the moment George puts it on his misfortunes turn into windfalls - he finds a shiny quarter, gets a free shopping spree at Dolson's toy store, and wins his first hopscotch game ever! When the Man washes the hat, however, George's bad luck returns -it's shrunk so small that it barely fits on his head! Without the hat, George needs to figure out how to count to 25 in order to win Steve's Ultra Extreme Hopscotch Challenge. Will George discover that brainpower is a force more powerful than luck? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#119H] Thump/Squirreled Away * Thump: Nick is trying to make his mother a surprise lunch, but she keeps coming into the kitchen! If only there was a way for him to know when she was coming. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his friend Twitch the rabbit. Twitch and her bunnies teach Nick and Sally how to stop, look and listen. Now Sally that can warn Nick when his mom is coming, they're able to surprise her with lunch!
* Squirreled Away: Nick can't remember where he put his yo-yo. Cat offers to take the kids to meet his friend Bucky the Squirrel who is good at both hiding and finding things! Nick and Sally learn how to use markers to help them remember where they put things. Back at home Nick thinks like Bucky then is able to find his yo-yo! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#109] The Honey Problem/The Penguin Problem The Honey Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. The 3 Bees will produce honey for Peg and Cat's super-popular honey cake - but only if Peg and Cat will dance for the Bees in a certain pattern! Primary Content: Weight. The Penguin Problem - The South Pole. Peg and Cat coach a team of skiing penguins, who would have a shot at the Olympic gold medal if only they knew "over," "under," and "in between." Primary Content: Over, under, in between; Secondary Content: Balance. duration 28:55 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#225H] Dinosaur Train Submarine: Maisie Mosasaurus/Date Night The Pteranodon family goes back underwater in the Dinosaur Train Submarine and meet Maisie and Marvin Mosasaurus, a daughter and father who are huge, fast-swimming lizards with flippers. Maisie and Shiny bond when they discover neither likes to go down deep in the water. The Pteranodons and Mosasaurus have a great time up near the ocean's surface, each family showing the other how they hunt and catch fish to eat. When Mrs. Pteranodon announces that she and Mr. Pteranodon are going on a special anniversary date that night, and the Pteranodon kids will have their first babysitter ever, the kids are not very happy. The babysitter is Keira Chirostenotes, a responsible, patient teenager. Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, and Don each take almost the whole evening to warm up to her. While Mom and Dad are on their date on the Dinosaur Night Train, Mom is relaxed, but Dad really misses the kids and can't stop thinking about them. In the end, Mom and Dad rush back to the nest to find all the kids and Keira having a great time! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#121] Good-Bye T-Bone/The Truth About Dogs and Cats * Good-Bye T-Bone - Sheriff Lewis and T-Bone are moving. Cleo and Clifford think that they are leaving Birdwell Island entirely so they set out to give T-Bone the best day of his life.
* The Truth About Dogs and Cats - T-Bone can't have cats in his tree, everyone says so. The dogs' attempts to scare the cats away don't work very well. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#118] A Promise Is A Promise/Share and Share Alike * A Promise is a Promise" - Evan promises to give Emily Elizabeth skateboarding lessons, but repeatedly breaks their plans when the captain of the basketball team, Bill Mazer, invites him to play ball. Evan learns the importance of keeping a promise.
* Share and Share Alike - The Community Center is having a book drive and the student who collects the most books will win a full set of Sarah Solver mysteries. Determined to win, Nina comes up with the perfect action plan for her and her teammates, Emily Elizabeth and Shun. But when the big day comes, she comes down with a bad cold and is unable to participate. Using Nina's plan, Shun and Emily Elizabeth set out without her and end up winning the set of mystery books. In the end, they realize that it was Nina's plan that enabled them to collect the record number of books, and they decide to share the prize with her.