TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, December 5, 2013
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19248] (original broadcast date: 12/04/13)
* Peter Lynch, investor, bestselling author and philanthropist
* Malcolm Gladwell on his book "David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants"
* Canon's "Project Imagination" with Ron Howard, Bryce Dallas Howard and James Murphy duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32261] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, does today's strong economic data mean the Fed will cut back on stimulus sooner rather than later? And, are pensions as we know it about to change? What the Detroit bankruptcy ruling and Illinois' overhaul may mean for future retirees. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amBlenko Glass: Behind The Scenes Journey to the hills of Milton, West Virginia, into the heat of Blenko Glassworks and see first-hand how Blenko handmade glass is created, from start to finish. Each step in the Blenko glass-making process is accomplished by human hand, eyes, and he arts, not by impersonal machines. duration 1:29:30 STEREO TVG
3:00 amNature [#3101H] Saving Otter 501 On a typical late summer day a baby sea otter washes up on the beach in Monterey, California - hungry, lost, injured. It's a tragic event, but not surprising. California sea otters are struggling. For decades marine biologist Karl Mayer and his small staff have worked unceasingly - one otter at a time - to bring this "keystone" species back from the brink of extinction so it can play its important role in the local marine environment. But the effort has stalled, and no one knows why.
This is the story of the Monterey Bay Aquarium's 501st attempt to save an orphan otter. From her discovery as a stranded newborn pup crying on the beach through her rehabilitation in secret roof tanks atop the Aquarium, we follow as Otter 501 learns how to dive, hunt, eat, and fend for herself in the wild, where survival is a long shot at best. duration 55:46 SRND51 TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amAgeless Skin: Secrets from Dr. Denese The founder of the Manhattan Anti-Aging Clinic shares her comprehensive 8-week plan for repairing and rejuvenating aging skin. Dr. Denese puts viewers on the path to dewy, radiant, more youthful skin with her 8-step process for improving skin's appearance and texture. The program also separates skin care myths from the facts and reveals secrets of the cosmetic industry, including the reasons why so many products are ineffective. Dr. Denese's credentials include a Ph.D. in neuroscience, post-doctoral fellowships at the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard and an M.D. from Cornell Medical College. duration 1:27:52 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#105H] The Circus Problem/The Buried Treasure Problem The Circus Problem - The Circus. When Peg and Cat find themselves in the center ring, they climb, swing, swoop and juggle their way over amazing heights and lengths. Primary Content: Measuring height, measuring length; Secondary Content: Counting by twos.
The Buried Treasure Problem - Pirate Island. Peg and Cat measure their way to buried treasure using Cat as a measuring stick! Primary Content: Non-standard units of measurement; Secondary Content: Mapping. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102H] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#106H] Daniel And Miss Elaina Play Rocketship/Daniel Plays At The Castle * Daniel and Miss Elaina Play Rocketship - Daniel has come to play with Miss Elaina today! They decide to play "outer space," but Miss Elaina gets upset when her cardboard telescope and spaceship accidentally break. Lady Elaine helps the friends see that they can still have fun together, even without the toys - because they're friends! They use their imaginations to keep playing, which is just as much fun!
* Daniel Plays at the Castle - Daniel is visiting Prince Wednesday and the boys are excited to explore Prince Wednesday's rock collection. Daniel is saddened when Prince Wednesday tells him the rocks are too delicate to play with. Daniel and Prince Wednesday learn that friendship is about more than just playing with each other's toys - it's about being together! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#412] Knowing I'm Growing Caillou is getting bigger! Caillou's feet are growing, so Mommy takes him to the shoe store where the salesman measures his feet, and Caillou gets a new pair of shoes. But he's not as big as Andre, who can ride a big bike, or Sarah, who is losing a tooth and waiting for the Tooth Fairy. Caillou is reassured he's growing when the growth chart shows how tall he has become. And, Caillou is too big for his favorite shirt, so he gives it to his favorite teddy bear to wear. On another day, Sarah invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun. duration 28:55 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#206] All-New Hundley/Signs Up * All-New Hundley: Although they are friends, George and Hundley are quite different. George loves nothing better than bounding about and exploring new things, while Hundley loves to guard his lobby and maintain order. So on one morning George is very surprised to find Hundley bouncing, running and playing all around the apartment building. And when this "new fun" Hundley makes a total mess of his beloved lobby, George knows that all is not what it seems. But how can he prove it? Using his camera and his sharp investigative skills, George sets out to solve the mystery. Has George's proud friend changed personalities - or could there be a look-a-like Hundley on the premises?
* Signs Up: Deciding that a collection of signs would make a cool display for his room, George sets out to gather them from all around town. But when people start losing their way and go in the wrong directions, George realizes how important signs are and starts putting them back - but not quite in their proper places. As a result, things get even more chaotic. Can George figure out where the signs are supposed to go so that the picnickers stop eating in the bears' den and the bicyclists don't run over the ducks in the animal crossing?