TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Sunday, November 10, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amRoadtrip Nation [#1008H] It Doesn't End Here After traveling over 5,000 miles in 45 days, the Roadtrippers reach Massachusetts for the final week of their journey. There, they meet with Jeremy England, an MIT biophysicist, and Juan Enriquez, the CEO of Biotechnonomy LLC. Change is the topic of discussion with Juan, who tells the Roadtrippers to 'scare the hell' out of themselves sometimes because stagnancy is the enemy of personal growth. Moving onto the last interview of the trip, the Roadtrippers meet with Lydia Villa-Komaroff, an internationally-acclaimed molecular biologist and Chief Scientific Officer at CytonomeST. Lydia discusses the challenges of being a Mexican-American woman in a male-dominated field, and credits her passion for helping her to overcome obstacles. Afterwards, the team heads to the airport where they reflect on their personal growth and future paths before sharing one last group hug. duration 26:46 STEREO TVPG
12:30 amStart Up [#102] Two Girls, A Guy, and a Pizza Tour! Gary Bredow and the crew start in Chicago to meet with John, who created "Chicago Pizza Tours," a business that's taking a bite out of Chicago. Then they head to Pittsburgh to meet with Lori and Marybeth, who started the hip youth clothing line "Yo Bro," apparel for little dudes! Then they swing by Milwaukee to meet with Tim, the seasoned contractor and designer who built the "Iron Horse Hotel." duration 26:41 STEREO TVG
1:00 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#706H] Phnom Penh House, Pho VI Hoa and Grand Cafe Phnom Penh House (Oakland), Pho Vi Hoa (Los Altos) and Grand Cafe (San Francisco) are the eateries selected by local diners. Will the three guests agree on their Bay Area favorites? duration 26:46 STEREO TVG
1:30 amImageMakers [#1112H] End of the World As We Know It ABIOGENESIS - New Zealand
In this ingenious science fiction short animation, a mysterious mechanical device lands on a desolate world and use the planet to undergo a startling transformation that has profound implications for an entire galaxy. Directed by Richard Mans.
ARMADINGEN - Germany
Walter lives with his wife Helga on an isolated farm in northern Germany. The marriage has grown cold over the years, their love having been long since replaced by routine. One late summer morning, Walter hears on his tractor radio news of an enormous asteroid hurtling towards the earth. All attempts to prevent impact are futile. Mankind will be annihilated in sixteen hours. Suddenly facing his own mortality, Walter finds himself contemplating the love for his wife he had all but forgotten. He decides to hide the news of the end of the world from her. Tormented by his dishonesty, Walter struggles to restore his marriage by giving Helga the best possible last day on earth. Written and directed by Philipp Kassbohrer. Principal cast: Gernot Hertel and Karin Graf. duration 27:52 STEREO TVG
2:00 amGiant [#1083H] (1956) George Stevens won an Academy Award for his direction of this legendary film based on Edna Ferber's novel. Featuring an all-star cast including Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, James Dean, Carroll Baker, Dennis Hopper and Sal Mineo, it's about a wealthy Texan who marries a strong-willed beautiful girl. Their adjustments to life on their ranch are interwoven with problems of Mexican workers and an ambitious young ranch hand who becomes an oil tycoon. Recently selected by the American Film Institute as one of the 100 greatest American films of all time, it received nine other Oscar nominations, including Best Actor nods for both Dean and Hudson. duration 3:18:28 TVG
5:20 amImageMakers [#1105H] Dead Last Option TRUE LOVE - Australia
A woman has suffered years of psychological and physical abuse at the hands of her husband. When he starts focusing his rage on her daughter, she snaps and kills him. She never thought she had it in her to kill somebody. Now does she have it in her to bury the evidence? The original and unpredictable thriller that will have you guessing up to its shocking climax. Directed by Robert Braiden. Principal cast: Niki J Price and Jamie Dunn.
CURFEW - USA
At the lowest point in his life, Richie gets a call from his estranged sister, asking him to look after his 9-year-old niece. Years may exaggerate the distance separating brothers and sisters, but blood ties run too deep and cannot be ignored. Written, directed and edited by Shawn Christensen. Principal cast: Shawn Christensen, Fatima Ptacek and Kim Allen. duration 29:05 STEREO TVPGV
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#108H] The Dinosaur Problem/The Beethoven Problem The Dinosaur Problem - Prehistoric Valley. When Peg and Cat get lost riding dinosaurs through a prehistoric forest, they use a diagram to find their way to safety before the Baby T-Rex catches up to them. Primary Content: Following diagrams; Secondary Content: Patterns.
The Beethoven Problem - Vienna, circa 1800. When Peg and Cat are helping their pal Ludwig Van Beethoven write a symphony, Cat laughs in a certain pattern that gives Beethoven a great idea. Primary Content: Patterns; Secondary Content: Ordinal Numbers. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#130H] Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom * Help With Kelp - It's Fish's birthday and Nick and Sally want to get him a special present, but who can they ask for ideas? Cat's friend Gary the Garibaldi fish might have an idea! Off to the Briny Blue Sea where they meet a variety of creatures in a kelp forest who use the kelp for both food and protection. Back at home they make a picture of the kelp forest for Fish. It's the best present he could ever hope for!
* Treetop Tom - Nick and Sally are playing when their ball gets caught up high in the branches of a tree. Oh how they wish they were tall! Being tall is something Cat's friend Treetop Tom knows all about. They meet the giraffe in the So Sunny Savannah, and with the help of Cat's "tallerizers", Nick and Sally are as tall as Tom! They soon learn that being small has its disadvantages. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#116H] Be A Vegetable Taster!/Daniel Tries A New Food Be a Vegetable Taster! - Teacher Harriet introduces Daniel and his friends to the school's vegetable garden and convinces them to pick out some healthy veggies for their snack. They explore the garden, picking and trying different vegetables...with mixed results! Daniel Tries a New Food - Miss Elaina is having dinner with the Tiger family and she encourages Daniel to try some new food: Veggie Spaghetti and Banana Swirl. Daniel is convinced he won't like Veggie Spaghettit, even though he's never tried it before. Miss Elaina encourages him to be adventurous and try the new food. She does the same herself, and even though she doesn't like all of it, she's proud of herself for trying. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#302] Caillou The Sports Star * Everyone's Best - When Clementine shows up with a swimming ribbon on her chest, Caillou really wants to have one too. Grandma comes up with some very silly games with ribbons for prizes. Winning isn't that easy, Caillou soon finds out, but he imagines he's an Olympic Athlete and has a lot fun trying his best. He finally does win a ribbon in the straight face contest!
* Stronger Every Day - When a new, longer set of monkey bars is installed at the park, Caillou is disappointed that he can't climb as far as Leo. He asks his Daddy how he can get bigger and stronger and finds out that eating right, exercising and getting lots of sleep is the best way. Later, when Clementine and Billy join them Caillou finds he can lift up Billy's bike. He couldn't do that last year! Caillou realizes he's getting stronger every day!
* No More Training Wheels - With training wheels on his bike, Caillou is having trouble keeping up with Sarah. After imagining himself riding in a real grownup bike race Caillou decides he's ready to try riding without his training wheels. It proves to be harder than he thought, however, and he quits in frustration. Daddy explains it's okay to wait until he's really ready. He goes back to his training wheels and the next day Sarah shows up on her new roller blades - now she's travelling at his speed. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#123] Ski Monkey/George The Grocer * Ski Monkey - When a blizzard covers the country house with a foot of snow, George can't wait to get outside to play. But he soon learns that such deep snow isn't easy for a monkey to play in, until he learns how much fun it can be to ski, snowshoe and sled.
* George the Grocer - George really wants the toy oven he sees in the window at the toy store, but first, he has to find a job to earn money to buy it. Since neither Chef Pisghetti nor Mr. Glass need help,George decides to go to work at the Grocery Store. While George is pretty proud of the job he does helping customers, the grocer is pretty confused about who is causing such chaos in the aisles. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#132H] Stripy Safari/Wool * Stripy Safari - Nick and Sally set off on a safari with The Cat in the Hat to find all kinds of stripes. Along the way, Sally and Nick discover that stripes mean different things to different animals - the stripes of Jake the coral snake tells other animals to stay away, and Zelda and Zoran's zebra stripes help them to identify each other. And best of all, Cat discovers that his stripes are just right for him!
* Wool - Nick wants to learn how to knit a scarf like Sally, but they've run out of wool! A visit to Finola's Farm is the perfect place to get more. The Cat, Nick and Sally have fun helping Finola get the wool from Feleecia the sheep and then turning it into yarn. Now Sally can teach Nick how to knit his own scarf! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#109] The Honey Problem/The Penguin Problem The Honey Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. The 3 Bees will produce honey for Peg and Cat's super-popular honey cake - but only if Peg and Cat will dance for the Bees in a certain pattern! Primary Content: Weight.
The Penguin Problem - The South Pole. Peg and Cat coach a team of skiing penguins, who would have a shot at the Olympic gold medal if only they knew "over," "under," and "in between." Primary Content: Over, under, in between; Secondary Content: Balance. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#103] Beating The Heat/Flowers for Mom * Beating the Heat - Buddy and Tiny travel to the Jurassic to make a new friend, Morris Stegosaurus, and discover how this huge dinosaur keeps cool in the heat.
* Flowers for Mom - The kids go to the Big Pond to look for flowers to give to Mom on her special Mothers Day. They find many different flowers while following a very busy bee. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#139] Forgive & Forget/Mimi's Back In Town * Forgive & Forget - When Clifford forgets a play date, Cleo gets really upset. After all, she would never do that to a friend. Cleo wont even accept Clifford's apologies. But T-bone points out to Cleo that maybe she is the one who isn't being a good friend. After all, Clifford did apologize and a good friend would never hold a grudge. Cleo learns that good friends forgive (and forget!).
* Mimi-s Back in Town - T-bone really likes Mimi, the little brown poodle who visits the Island on occasion, and is very excited to hear she's coming back again! But when Cleo starts teasing him about how much he likes Mimi, T-bone feels embarrassed and uncomfortable. He finally confronts Cleo about it and Cleo learns that teasing can be anything that makes someone feel uncomfortable. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#108] Nina's Perfect Party/Just The Right Size * Nina's Perfect Party - Nina's perfectly planned birthday party gets flooded out at the T-shirt shop. Can Emily Elizabeth come up with a great idea to save Nina's birthday?
* Just The Right Size - Mrs. Howard can't find her car keys before Emily Elizabeth's recital, and Daffodil tells Clifford he is too small to help.