TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19226H] (original broadcast date: 11/04/13)
* Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader of the House of Representatives
* James Toback on "Seduced and Abandoned," which follows his friend Alec Baldwin as they try to finance a movie. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32239] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, BlackBerry's tentative deal collapses, the CEO leaves and the stock plunges. What happens next to the company that put the 'smart' in smartphone? And SAC, one of the largest and most profitable hedge funds in the country, agrees to plead guilty to insider trading and pay a record fine. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amFilm School Shorts [#107H] Sum of Its Parts CRAZY GLUE (NYU) - A story about love and glue, and its extraordinary bonding properties for a husband and wife whose relationship has lost its magic.
BICYCLE (JITENSHA) (Biola University) - Mamoru Amagaya, a young man struggling to find meaning in life, is humiliated by a co-worker and leaves his job. Now alone and without work, parts of Mamoru's bicycle begin to disappear, one by one. At last, when the only remaining piece of the bicycle is a lonely bell, Mamoru receives an envelope, containing addresses at which each piece of the bicycle might be retrieved. duration 27:34 STEREO TVPG-V
2:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1721#] Junk in the Trunk 3 AR packed a trunkful of treasures to share from the six cities visited during the Season 17 tour. "Junk in the Trunk 3" includes never-before-seen appraisals from AR's 2013 season, including a Myrtle Beach guest with a sports collection that would make any Celtics fan turn green with envy, a diamond and platinum ring in Corpus Christi, and in Rapid City, a valuable old book with a mysterious past that is valued at $35,000 to $50,000. duration 56:46 STEREO TVG
3:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1306#] Dallas, TX - Hour Three In Dallas, Texas, Mark L. Walberg and appraiser Stuart Whitehurst mine a rich vein of silver objects at the Dallas Museum of Art, looking for examples of 20th-century modernism. At the Dallas Convention Center, it's high noon when a guns-a-blazing, Western-themed painting by Saturday Evening Post illustrator William H.D. Koerner draws an estimate of $150,000. duration 55:45 STEREO TVG
4:00 amIndependent Lens [#1502] The Graduates This mini-series is a journey into the heart of American education. More than a survey of contemporary policy challenges, it is an intimate and honest exploration of how students, their families and teachers are faring in a stressed public education system, during a politically complex climate, and during an unforgiving global economy. This is a story about how Latino students are faring in our nation's public education system, but it is also a story about the American future. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG-L (Secondary audio: none)
5:00 amThick Dark Fog Walter Littlemoon attended a federal Indian boarding school in South Dakota sixty years ago. The mission of many of these schools in 1950, was still to "kill the Indian and save the man." The children were not allowed to be Indians - to speak their language or express their culture or native identity in any way at the risk of being severely beaten, humiliated or abused. What effects did these actions cause? Many Indians, like Walter, lived with this unresolved trauma into adulthood, acting it out through alcoholism and domestic violence. At age 58, Walter decided to write and publish his memoirs as a way to explain his past abusive behaviors to his estranged children. But dealing with the memories of his boarding school days nearly put an end to it. "The Thick Dark Fog" tells the story of how Walter confronted the "thick dark fog" of his past so that he could renew himself and his community. duration 56:30 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#104H] The Three Bears Problem/The Giant Problem The Three Bears Problem - Fairytale Land. Peg and Cat bring the Three Bears, the Three Little Pigs, and the Three Billy Goats Gruff together to form a super group: "The Electric Eleven." Primary Content: Adding 1; Secondary Content: Counting to 11.
The Giant Problem - Giant Land. Peg and Cat must attempt a great escape when they think the Giants want to eat them and their 8 fairy tale friends for lunch. Primary Content: Combinations that add up to 10; Secondary Content: Circle. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#130H] Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom * Help With Kelp - It's Fish's birthday and Nick and Sally want to get him a special present, but who can they ask for ideas? Cat's friend Gary the Garibaldi fish might have an idea! Off to the Briny Blue Sea where they meet a variety of creatures in a kelp forest who use the kelp for both food and protection. Back at home they make a picture of the kelp forest for Fish. It's the best present he could ever hope for!
* Treetop Tom - Nick and Sally are playing when their ball gets caught up high in the branches of a tree. Oh how they wish they were tall! Being tall is something Cat's friend Treetop Tom knows all about. They meet the giraffe in the So Sunny Savannah, and with the help of Cat's "tallerizers", Nick and Sally are as tall as Tom! They soon learn that being small has its disadvantages. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#116H] Be A Vegetable Taster!/Daniel Tries A New Food Be a Vegetable Taster! - Teacher Harriet introduces Daniel and his friends to the school's vegetable garden and convinces them to pick out some healthy veggies for their snack. They explore the garden, picking and trying different vegetables...with mixed results! Daniel Tries a New Food - Miss Elaina is having dinner with the Tiger family and she encourages Daniel to try some new food: Veggie Spaghetti and Banana Swirl. Daniel is convinced he won't like Veggie Spaghettit, even though he's never tried it before. Miss Elaina encourages him to be adventurous and try the new food. She does the same herself, and even though she doesn't like all of it, she's proud of herself for trying. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#302] Caillou The Sports Star * Everyone's Best - When Clementine shows up with a swimming ribbon on her chest, Caillou really wants to have one too. Grandma comes up with some very silly games with ribbons for prizes. Winning isn't that easy, Caillou soon finds out, but he imagines he's an Olympic Athlete and has a lot fun trying his best. He finally does win a ribbon in the straight face contest!
* Stronger Every Day - When a new, longer set of monkey bars is installed at the park, Caillou is disappointed that he can't climb as far as Leo. He asks his Daddy how he can get bigger and stronger and finds out that eating right, exercising and getting lots of sleep is the best way. Later, when Clementine and Billy join them Caillou finds he can lift up Billy's bike. He couldn't do that last year! Caillou realizes he's getting stronger every day!
* No More Training Wheels - With training wheels on his bike, Caillou is having trouble keeping up with Sarah. After imagining himself riding in a real grownup bike race Caillou decides he's ready to try riding without his training wheels. It proves to be harder than he thought, however, and he quits in frustration. Daddy explains it's okay to wait until he's really ready. He goes back to his training wheels and the next day Sarah shows up on her new roller blades - now she's travelling at his speed. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#123] Ski Monkey/George The Grocer * Ski Monkey - When a blizzard covers the country house with a foot of snow, George can't wait to get outside to play. But he soon learns that such deep snow isn't easy for a monkey to play in, until he learns how much fun it can be to ski, snowshoe and sled.
* George the Grocer - George really wants the toy oven he sees in the window at the toy store, but first, he has to find a job to earn money to buy it. Since neither Chef Pisghetti nor Mr. Glass need help,George decides to go to work at the Grocery Store. While George is pretty proud of the job he does helping customers, the grocer is pretty confused about who is causing such chaos in the aisles. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#132H] Stripy Safari/Wool * Stripy Safari - Nick and Sally set off on a safari with The Cat in the Hat to find all kinds of stripes. Along the way, Sally and Nick discover that stripes mean different things to different animals - the stripes of Jake the coral snake tells other animals to stay away, and Zelda and Zoran's zebra stripes help them to identify each other. And best of all, Cat discovers that his stripes are just right for him!
* Wool - Nick wants to learn how to knit a scarf like Sally, but they've run out of wool! A visit to Finola's Farm is the perfect place to get more. The Cat, Nick and Sally have fun helping Finola get the wool from Feleecia the sheep and then turning it into yarn. Now Sally can teach Nick how to knit his own scarf! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#109H] The Honey Problem/The Penguin Problem The Honey Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. The 3 Bees will produce honey for Peg and Cat's super-popular honey cake - but only if Peg and Cat will dance for the Bees in a certain pattern! Primary Content: Weight.
The Penguin Problem - The South Pole. Peg and Cat coach a team of skiing penguins, who would have a shot at the Olympic gold medal if only they knew "over," "under," and "in between." Primary Content: Over, under, in between; Secondary Content: Balance. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#108H] One Big Dinosaur/Play Date with Annie * One Big Dinosaur - Tiny and Buddy visit a dinosaur family called Argentinosaurus, some of the biggest land creatures ever! The kids find out there are great things about being really big, and that it's also great being their own size.
* Play Date with Annie - Buddy is excited that his friend Annie Tyrannosaurus is coming to the Pteranodon nest to visit and play with them. After Tiny feels left out, Buddy and Annie show her that they can all be friends! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#139] Forgive & Forget/Mimi's Back In Town * Forgive & Forget - When Clifford forgets a play date, Cleo gets really upset. After all, she would never do that to a friend. Cleo wont even accept Clifford's apologies. But T-bone points out to Cleo that maybe she is the one who isn't being a good friend. After all, Clifford did apologize and a good friend would never hold a grudge. Cleo learns that good friends forgive (and forget!).
* Mimi-s Back in Town - T-bone really likes Mimi, the little brown poodle who visits the Island on occasion, and is very excited to hear she's coming back again! But when Cleo starts teasing him about how much he likes Mimi, T-bone feels embarrassed and uncomfortable. He finally confronts Cleo about it and Cleo learns that teasing can be anything that makes someone feel uncomfortable. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#108] Nina's Perfect Party/Just The Right Size * Nina's Perfect Party - Nina's perfectly planned birthday party gets flooded out at the T-shirt shop. Can Emily Elizabeth come up with a great idea to save Nina's birthday?
* Just The Right Size - Mrs. Howard can't find her car keys before Emily Elizabeth's recital, and Daffodil tells Clifford he is too small to help.