TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, June 13, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19123H] (original broadcast date: 6/12/13)
Fashion designer John Galliano's first television interview since his 2010 hate speech incident at a Parisian bar. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32136Z] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, are the world's biggest economics undergoing a major shift that could impact your investments? NBR will look at everything from stocks to bonds and commodities. And, are the cards stacked against the little guy? We'll tell you why some traders have access to a closely watched, market moving consumer confidence number before it's released to the public and individual investors. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amIl Volo We Are Love The three, young Italian tenors, Piero Barone (19), Ignazio Boschetto (18) and Gianluca Ginoble (17) of Il Volo proved to win the hearts of PBS viewers nationwide with broadcasts of their special from the Detroit Opera House, "Il Volo Takes Flight." Now, they return with their second special, "Il Volo We Are Love," at The Fillmore Theatre in Miami, Florida.
Aside from providing a stunning vocal framework, "We Are Love," by songwriter/producer Mark Portmann (Celine Dion, Josh Groban) and Latin Grammy winner Edgar Cortazar, also allows Il Volo to show off their multilingual prowess, as they sing it in English, Spanish, French and Italian. Il Volo and album producer, Humberto Gatica again turned to Diane Warren for the album's lead track "Questo Amore." Besides being the perfect vocal opener it's a fresh Italian take on Warren's huge hit for Aerosmith, "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing". Warren also supplied the exquisitely sensitive English song "I Bring You To My Senses." The special also features a film song in "Historia De Un Amor," by Panamanian songwriter Carlos Eleta Almaran. A choice of many international artists including Nana Mouskouri and Cesaria Evora, it appeared in the 1956 Mexican movie of the same name. duration 1:29:50 STEREO TVG
3:00 amJoe Bonamassa: An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House On July 3, 2012, Joe Bonamassa brought a very special and exclusive acoustic presentation to the Vienna Opera House, a sublime cultural iconic venue steeped in history and heritage, and the perfect backdrop for such a dramatic and original music presentation. Supporting Joe on his vintage acoustic instruments, an eclectic assortment of craftsmen of disparate World flavors, provided by top artists from around the globe, including: music historian and traditional Irish fiddler Gerry O'Connor; Swedish multi-instrumentalist Mats Wester playing the Nyckelharpa; Los Angeles Keyboard maestro Arlan Schierbaum; and legendary Puerto Rican percussionist Lenny Castro. duration 1:29:18 STEREO TVG
4:30 amProtect Your Memory with Dr. Neal Barnard Nothing is more important than your health, family and loved ones. Your connections with other people, entire relationships, and everything your loved ones have ever meant to you could be entirely wiped out, if you run the risk of memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer's disease, based on family history and lifestyle.
In this program, Dr. Neal Barnard proves with groundbreaking research that there is in fact, lots you can do to protect your brain and memory! He dives into 3 simple steps you can take to derail the degenerative processes that could otherwise derail you and your memory: Skip "bad fat," Knock out free radicals, Exercise your brain. Dr. Barnard also warns against potential threats to the brain, including medications, drug interactions, sleep deprivation and physical conditions that can put your memory at risk.
While research has led to clear answers about how to prevent lung cancer and reduce heart attacks, most people have absolutely no idea that it is possible to protect their memory, brain and connections with loved ones. Dr. Barnard provides viewers with the researched-backed information, giving them the power to protect their memory, beyond simply "waiting and seeing." duration 1:29:56 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#141] Manners The dogs help teach Raggs and his teddy bear how to have good manners at their Teddy Bear Picnic. At their Fancy Dress Party, the dogs help teach Rude Pirate Razzles that it is important to be polite, have good manners and follow the rules when you play together. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#108H] Rain Game/No Sssweater Is Better * Rain Game - Sally wants to water the plants in her backyard, but it's hot and sunny outside. They need rain, and lots of it! Good thing the Cat in the Hat knows exactly where to go to get some: the rain forest! With the assistance of some toucans and the singing of howler monkeys, they explore each level of the rain forest, eventually reaching the top and the rain!
* No SSSweater is Better - Nick's favorite sweater is too small and he doesn't want to change it. The Cat in the Hat has a friend with the exact same problem! He brings them to meet Slyde the snake who shows Nick and Sally how he sheds his skin when it gets too small for him. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#114H] Thank You, Grandpere Tiger!/Neighborhood Thank You Day Thank You, Grandpere Tiger! - Grandpere Tiger comes to visit, but is only in town for a short while. Daniel is sad that Grandpere can't come to the special Thank You Day celebration later that day. Daniel learns to be thankful for the time they DO have together, and is then surprised when Grandpere appears at the celebration after all! Neighborhood Thank You Day - The neighborhood celebrates Thank You Day by putting notes in the Thank You Tree. Daniel has trouble deciding what to put in his note. Then, when a gust of wind blows the notes off of the tree, Mr. McFeely saves the day by catching and delivering everybody's thank you notes! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#502H] Can Do Caillou Caillou Roller Skates: Caillou wants to learn how to roller skate... until he realizes roller skating is very difficult. With a little help and guidance from his pre-teen friend, Daniel, Caillou decides to keep practicing, so his skills will improve - just like Daniel's did! Educational Objective: Perseverance; the importance of practicing skills in order to improve. Say Lettuce!: Caillou wants to take a picture of a bunny rabbit in Grandma's garden, but it proves a harder task then he originally thought. With a little perseverance (and a little lettuce from the garden) he finally sees the task through to the end - and gets a photo he's proud of! Educational Objective: Perseverance. ' Caillou Tries to Whistle: Clementine can whistle, and Caillou can't! Caillou tries his best to learn and practices every where he goes... but he just can't seem to get the hang of it and this embarrasses him. Mommy and Daddy reassure him this skill will come with time, but Caillou feels much better when he realizes there are things he can do that Clementine can't do - like wiggling his ears! Educational Objective: It's okay to admit you can't do something. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#206] All-New Hundley/Signs Up * All-New Hundley: Although they are friends, George and Hundley are quite different. George loves nothing better than bounding about and exploring new things, while Hundley loves to guard his lobby and maintain order. So on one morning George is very surprised to find Hundley bouncing, running and playing all around the apartment building. And when this "new fun" Hundley makes a total mess of his beloved lobby, George knows that all is not what it seems. But how can he prove it? Using his camera and his sharp investigative skills, George sets out to solve the mystery. Has George's proud friend changed personalities - or could there be a look-a-like Hundley on the premises?
* Signs Up: Deciding that a collection of signs would make a cool display for his room, George sets out to gather them from all around town. But when people start losing their way and go in the wrong directions, George realizes how important signs are and starts putting them back - but not quite in their proper places. As a result, things get even more chaotic. Can George figure out where the signs are supposed to go so that the picnickers stop eating in the bears' den and the bicyclists don't run over the ducks in the animal crossing?? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#109H] A Tale About Tails/Sticky Situation * A Tale About Tails - Nick and Sally are playing "Tape the Tail on the Donkey" when they wish they had tails of their own! Well it just so happens that the Cat knows a lot about tails! He brings them to the Jungle of Wagga-Tag-Tail where they meet a number of animals with very different tails. When Nick and Sally get to test out all of these tails for themselves, they learn that different tails can do different things!
* Sticky Situation - Sally and Nick are playing the drums on overturned buckets when Nick breaks his drumstick! Luckily, the Cat knows someone who is a stick expert, his friend Betty Beaver! She finds Nick the perfect drumstick, but when her dam springs a leak, Nick, Sally and the Cat help her fix it, using Nick's new stick. He doesn't have a stick anymore, but Nick learns an even better way to drum: using a home-made beaver tail! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#146Z] Hansel and Gretel: A Healthy Adventure Red and her friends are having a picnic in the park, but she has no energy to join in the fun. Could it have something to do with her unhealthy snack choices? Super Why and his friends head into the story of Hansel and Gretel to meet the equally tired and grouchy witch. They convince the witch to trade in her gingerbread house for something both delicious and nutritious - and Red learns what kinds of foods will help her go the distance so she can play with her friends for a super long time! Educational Objectives: To learn which foods taste great while providing long-lasting energy! Young viewers will play interactive alphabet games, practice the magic of spelling, and use healthy eating choices to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#203H] Stargazing on the Night Train/Get Into Nature! * The Pteranodon family rides a special 'Night Train" to another part of the Cretaceous Time Period, where they meet a Troodontid "cousin" of the Conductor's, Sidney Sinovenator, who knows more about the stars than anyone. Sidney takes the family up to his favorite stargazing spot, "Starry Hill," and teaches the kids why the stars seem to move across the night sky.
* When the kids build their own version of a nest on the beach, below their actual family nest up on the cliff, they get the idea to turn their beach nest into a clubhouse. Shiny thinks that a clubhouse needs a club, and "the Nature Trackers" club is born! The kids decide to make their club about getting outside, getting into nature, and making new discoveries. The only problem is: which kid is in charge of the club? duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#104] Clifford's Carnival/Clifford's Doggy Reunion * Clifford's Carnival - Everyone, including Clifford, knows to work as a team to put on this year's Fall Carnival. Jetta sees herself as a boss rather than a team player but soon learns the importance of being a team player.
* Clifford's Doggy Reunion - Clifford and Emily are excited - Cousin Laura and her dog Rex are coming to visit! They haven't seen each other since Clifford was a little puppy! When they arrive, Emily and Clifford find Laura and Rex are different than they remember them. They learn that people change and adjustments have to be made. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#122] Grooming Gloom/The Letter * Grooming Gloom" - Jorge is excited to learn that Nina will be taking him to the Grooming Shop - until he gets some misinformation about what a grooming shop is. At first his friends try to help him find a way to get out of the experience. But Daffodil helps him realize that he should trust Nina to do what is best for him.
* The Letter - Evan and Emily Elizabeth offer to mail a letter for Mr. Solomon on their way to buy tickets to a concert by their favorite band, the Zippers. But the kids' plans are disrupted by their own generosity and helpful nature. When they finally arrive at the park where the concert is taking place, the tickets have been sold out. But the other members of the community are so grateful to the kids for all of their help that day that they all pitch in and make sure that Evan and Emily Elizabeth attend the concert.