TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, June 6, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19118H] (original broadcast date: 6/05/13)
* A discussion about President Obama's new foreign policy team with David Ignatius of the Washington Post and Les Gelb, President Emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations
* Jonathan Alter on "The Center Holds: Obama and his Enemies"
* Cuba Gooding Jr. on his upcoming role in "The Butler" by Lee Daniels duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32131Z] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, another big day of selling on Wall Street. What's pressuring stocks and should long term investors ignore all the recent volatility? And, Chrysler refuses to recall millions of cars the government says are a safety hazard. Is the automaker putting its reputation at risk? NBR will ask the former head of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 am70s & 80s Soul Rewind (My Music) More classic soul, R&B and dance from the 1970s and early 1980s! This program presents the smooth, sexy and sophisticated sounds of the greatest groups and solo performers from the My Music and other worldwide archives. Hosted by Whoopi Goldberg. duration 1:58:13 STEREO TVG
3:30 amOmni Health Revolution with Tana Amen, RN and Dr. Daniel Amen, MD This program features psychiatrist Daniel Amen and his wife, neurosurgical intensive care nurse Tana Amen. It is designed to help viewers take control of their physical and mental health using the science of nutragenomics - a big word, but it's very simple.
Nutragenomics tells us that the foods you eat talk directly to your genes. You have the choice to eat in a way that turns on genes that keep you healthy or make you sick. Most people think of their genes like an evil monarchy that condemned them to be sick. Daniel and Tana Amen turn that notion on its head to give viewers much more control over the health of their bodies and minds. The Omni Health Revolution is a bipartisan plan that bridges the gap between strict vegetarian diets and extreme high protein diets, with a program that is based on 70% plant based foods and 30% high quality protein. duration 1:57:18 STEREO TVG
5:30 amImageMakers [#1001H] The Golden Years THE BIRTHDAY CIRCLE - England
Two young children defiantly claim independence in their own home, but are implored by their frustrated elders to consider external care. This unique film places mature dialogue literally in the mouths of babes making for an uncomfortable, but illuminating look at the cruel irony of aging. What results is a role reversal dark comedy of brutal honesty. Directed and produced by Philip Lepherd. Principal cast: Matthew Marsh, Orson Lepherd, Rafe Lepherd, and Rosemary Smith.
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT - England
It's not everyday you fall in love, but in 70-year-old Arthur's case he can and does. When he spots Ruth in the retirement home, he knows in his heart he has finally found his soul mate. Directed by Michael Davies, the short film shows that you are never too old to fall in love. Principal cast: John Hurt, Phyllida Law, and Barry McCarthy. Love at First Sight won the top prize at six film festivals and was shortlisted for a 2012 Academy Award.
DANNY & ANNIE - USA
In a simple analogy, the old Brooklynite Danny Perasa says that marriage is like color TV. Once you have it, you never want to go back to black and white. He has been married to Annie for 25 years. The couple recounts their life together from their first date (on which Danny proposed) to Danny's final days with terminal cancer. This remarkable couple personifies the eloquence, grace, and poetry that can be found in the voices of everyday people. Directed and animated by brothers Mike and Tim Rauch. duration 25:06 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#118] Rain A hole in the roof has the dogs trying to figure out how to catch the rain drops. Plus, Raggs wants to paint the mailbox, but the weather interrupts his plans. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#103H] Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing * Many Ants Make Light Work - Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together!
* Nest Best Thing - Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#109H] A Trip To The Enchanted Garden/A Trip To The Crayon Factory * A Trip to the Enchanted Garden - The Tiger family is making strawberry pancakes for breakfast this morning, but when Mom looks more closely in the kitchen, she realizes there are no more strawberries left. They all head to the Enchanted Garden, where Mom Tiger shows Daniel the strawberry patch. Daniel is very curious, and learns that if he looks closely, he may be able to answer his own questions about how strawberries grow and learn something new
* A Trip to the Crayon Factory - Daniel Tiger, Miss Elaina, and Katerina Kittycat take a fun trip to the factory to see how crayons are made but, O the Owl can't come because he's sick. At the factory, the kids watch the crayons being made, and Daniel looks and listens closely. Daniel has an idea to take pictures at the factory and give them to O at the end of the day, so that O can learn about crayons too! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#411] Nature Today Caillou discovers the wonders of the natural world. Grandma introduces Caillou to the many birds that live in the park, and then gives him a bird house for his own backyard. That's why Caillou's prepared when he and Sarah find a baby bird that's fallen from its nest, and they nurse it back to health. Later, Caillou and his daycare buddies have a treasure hunt in the forest. With Sarah and a magnifying glass, Caillou pretends to be a jungle explorer, hunting "big game" in the garden. On another day, Caillou and his family go away for a weekend of camping in the woods. He climbs a mountain with Daddy and really, really hopes he will get to see a moose before it is time to go home. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#601H] School of Dance/Curious George Sounds Off * School of Dance - Little monkeys love to dance, which is why George can't wait for Allie's dance party. When Bill announces he's leaving town because he doesn't know how to dance the box step, George creates a footsteps dance step map to help. But you can't take a dance map to a party! How will Bill keep from stepping on toes without one?
* Curious George Sounds Off - Chef Pisghetti is distraught: his chickens won't lay any eggs! After spending a night in the chicken coop, George discovers that the chickens aren't sleeping and are too tired to lay eggs. The noisy alley is the culprit. Will George's efforts to soundproof the chicken coop with recycled materials pay off with egg-cellent results? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#104H] A Plan for Sand/Whale Music * A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#144Z] The Boy Who Drew Cats Whyatt's big brother Jack is sick, and Whyatt wants to give him a picture to make him feel better. But even though he thinks and thinks, Whyatt still doesn't know what to draw! So the Super Readers soar into the Japanese folktale The Boy Who Drew Cats and encounter a little boy struggling to sketch a picture for the emperor. The Super Readers inspire the boy so much that his drawings take on a life of their own...literally! Educational Objectives: To learn about creativity. Preschoolers will build the alphabet, rhyme with AT words and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#131H] The Wing Kings/The Big Mud Pit The Wing Kings - The Pteranodon family stretches their wings at Quetzalcoatlus Canyon, where Mr. Pteranodon flew when he was younger and nicknamed, the "Wing King." Now, the Pteranodons and Buddy meet Quincy Quetzalcoatlus and his Dad, another Wing King, a huge flying bird. Together, the two "Wing Kings" wow their kids with some sensational aerial acrobatics. The Big Mud Pit - There's big trouble at the Big Pond when Dad and Larry Lambeosaurus get stuck in the mud. Buddy and Leroy Lambeosaurus devise a plan to pull their dads out before they sink deeper into the mud! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#223] Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck * Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#117] Time Out/Sniff Sniff * Time Out - Nina loses her date book. Jorge doesn't help her find it, thinking she will have more time to play with him. The plan backfires, and Jorge learns to respect Nina's commitments.
* Sniff Sniff - When Emily Elizabeth wakes up with a cold, Clifford does everything he can to make her feel better. He tries playing with a pop up book, playing ball, and getting her to dance. Finally he realizes that one of the best things you can do for someone who isn't feeling well doesn't feel like much at all. He goes into her room and snuggles with her, and she couldn't be happier.