TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19086] (original broadcast date: 4/22/13)
* David Remnick, editor of the New Yorker, discusses the Boston Marathon bombing investigation and capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
* Rebecca Miller on her book "Jacob's Folly: A Novel"
* part two of Charlie's conversation with Richard Levin, President of Yale University. duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32099] Tonight on Nightly Business Report - Earnings and the economy. Sales of existing homes fall in March. Is a shortage of inventory creating a speed bump on the economy's road to recovery? And we'll talk to Caterpillar CEO Douglas Oberhelman about his company's weak earnings and what the numbers say about the health of the global economy. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amImageMakers [#1102H] Frozen In Time DILEMMA - Holland
A jogger and a boy on a bicycle challenge each other to a race. The runner stops at a busy intersection a truck approaches. The runner stops but the small boy pedals on. For a couple of minutes the world comes to a standstill as the jogger discovers he has the power over life and death - but whatever he decides comes with a price. Written and directed by Boris Pavel Conen. Principal cast: Marcel Hensema, Thom Van Seijen and Jack Bontekoe.
THE SPEED OF THE PAST - France
Margo and Joseph move into a new house in need of TLC. Joseph slips from the roof as he is making a repair. Time literally stops and he is stuck in mid-air. While he is frozen in time, Margo's life continues on. Her loss not only stays with her emotionally, but physically, as she is reminded of it every day. How long must she wait until the day things return as to how they once were? Directed by Dominique Rocher. Principal cast: Melanie Thierry, Nicolas Giraud and Alban Lenoir. duration 27:05 STEREO TVG
2:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1713H] Rapid City, Hour One AR visits one of South Dakota's greatest treasures, Mount Rushmore National Memorial, to look at presidential prints. Some notable finds in Rapid City include a suite of furniture by Thomas Molesworth from the famous "Ranch A," and signed military documents of Elvis Presley, valued at $4000-$5500. duration 56:46 STEREO TVG
3:00 amMarket Warriors [#120H] Antiquing In Liberty, Nc The pickers travel to Liberty, North Carolina, to the Liberty Antique Festival where twice a year, more than 400 dealers pack a farm with antiques and collectibles. The challenge to find a 20th-century American item puts one of the pickers up against the clock. One picker's decision not to budge from a bottom line price point is a game changer. Off-screen host Mark L. Walberg injects quick wit as a rainstorm creates an added challenge for the pickers. Some key finds include two cast iron doorstops, a blanket chest and a metal folk art box. The warriors are additionally challenged when they have less than 24 hours between market and their items hitting the auction block at Ken Farmer Auctions in Radford, Virginia. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
4:00 amIndependent Lens [#1412] The Island President President Mohamed Nasheed of the Maldives is a man with a bigger problem than any other world leader has ever faced -- the literal survival of his country and everyone in it. After bringing democracy to the Maldives, he must now ensure that his tiny country doesn't disappear under rising sea levels. That means capturing the attention of global superpowers, forging alliances, persuading the skeptical, and learning the ropes of international political horse-trading. Despite the size of his country and his political challenges at home, Mohamed Nasheed has become one of the leading international voices for urgent action on climate change. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TVPG-V (Secondary audio: none)
5:30 amFilm School Shorts [#102H] Growing Pains I Feel Stupid (UCLA) - Lein is an awkward, pre-pubescent 15 year old who is obsessed with pigeons. When her overly confident and more experienced childhood friend, Amber, comes to visit for the summer, Lein's world opens far beyond the pigeon coup, leading her to question her lifestyle and values
My Name Is Your First Love (Columbia) - Christian, a broke teen in 1980's suburbia, is employed as a gardener by his new neighbor, Geena.He allows his growing love for her to show through his care for her garden. When Geena recognizes the level of his devotion, a moment of reckoning will transform them in ways neither could have anticipated. duration 28:58 STEREO TVPG-SL
6:00 amRaggs [#144H] Building Razzles keeps the others up all night designing a new cubby-house, but they learn the results aren't quite what they expected. Pido combines his building and cooking skills to create a Gingerbread House for the Puppy Preschool Building Show. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#209H] Little Lemmings/Keep The Beat * Little Lemmings - It's cold outside, but Nick and Sally want to keep playing. Is there a way to stay warm out in the cold? Cat's friend Lars the Lemming will know! He lives in the Wundra-Bundra-Tundra. It's cold out, but with Lars' fur coat, he doesn't even notice! They help Lars find a new home, one where there's more food for him and his family and they discover that he uses the snow to help keep him warm! Back at home the kids wear two winter coats to help them keep warm. But what's even warmer than that, hot chocolate
* Keep the Beat - Nick and Sally have been running around the backyard and now their chests are thumpity thumping! The Cat explains that that is their hearts boom boom booming! But why? wonders Sally. A visit to Dr. Giggles will answer that question. By shrinking down super small, they follow Dr. Giggles' directions to follow the path that blood takes, learning about how the heart is a pump. They watch Thing 2's heart beat faster when he runs, and slows down when he stops. With all this running around, their bodies are now making another sound - rumbling tummies! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#122H] Clean Up Time/Neighborhood Clean Up Neighborhood Clean Up: A wind storm has made a mess of the Neighborhood playground and no one can play. When King Friday proclaims that it is Clean Up Day, everyone helps restore the playground by throwing out and recycling the trash. The children learn that by working together, the playground can be ready for play again in no time! Clean Up Time: Daniel and O the Owl are playing "farm" at Daniel's house. They are having a lot of fun, but are making quite a mess! After losing his watch in a messy room, Daniel realizes that cleaning up and putting his toys away will help him find it. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#416] Springtime! Caillou is excited that spring is coming, but is disappointed when he finds out there will be no more snow. Caillou and Sarah find a way to save a patch of snow they find under the porch, but soon learn they can't keep it forever. Mom and Dad are busy with spring-cleaning and Caillou wants to help. After a couple of ill-fated attempts, Mom and Dad give Caillou his very own chore to do. Then, Caillou's excited because it's raining and he's looking forward to puddle splashing when he goes out with his Mommy. It seems like forever before they can leave because there's always something else he has to do. By the time they're ready to go the rain has stopped, but there are still plenty of puddles for Caillou to jump in! Caillou is very excited about the neighborhood rummage sale until he's asked to figure out what he'd like to contribute. He's not so sure he wants to part with any of his toys. But in the end he's pretty happy with the new stuff he comes home with. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#705H] Honey of a Monkey/Curious George's Egg Hunt * Honey of a Monkey - George and Steve are in a sticky situation when they accidentally eat all of Betsy's honeycomb. Will their homemade beehive produce enough honeycomb in time for Betsy's Earth Day presentation, or will she be buzzing mad?
* Curious George's Egg Hunt - George and Allie have discovered an egg in the grass with no nest in sight. Where is the egg's mother? They search high and low to find the right bird's nest but no egg will match. Could it be another kind of animal is inside the tiny round shell? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#214H] Gorillas in the Nest/Tale of a Dragon * Gorillas in the Nest - Sally and Nick have made a sleepover tent on the floor. But it's not very comfortable. The Cat's friend Gordon the Gorilla knows how to make a comfortable bed. Off to the Twisty-Misty Mountains to meet him! They discover that gorillas build nests to sleep in, with the dads sleeping on the ground and the moms and kids sleeping in a tree! Now Nick and Sally know how to make their own comfy cozy "nests" at home!
* Tale of a Dragon - Dragons don't really exist, but Cat knows some lizard friends who are oh-so like dragons! They can show Nick and Sally how to pretend to be dragons. The first one they meet is Ignacio the green iguana who shows them his spikes and dewlap. Then it's off to meet Draco the flying lizard who has wings! Kimora the komodo dragon is the last stop, she shows the kids her long wiggly tongue. Now, with some help from things around the house, Nick and Sally know just what they need to be dragons! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#112] Cinderella Red doesn't feel like much of a Princess, so how will she fit in at Sleeping Beauty's princess party? The Super Readers magically leap into the book of Cinderella who has a party of her own to get to! When the clock strikes midnight, Red learns that she doesn't need the help of a fairy godmother to feel great about who she is! Educational Objectives: To learn about feeling good about oneself, find the letters of the alphabet and practice the magic of spelling. Opposite words are used to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#112H] One Small Dinosaur/T. Rex Migration * One Small Dinosaur - Mrs. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny to visit a Mikey Microraptor, one of the smallest of dinosaurs ever. Tiny is annoyed that Mikey is even smaller than she is, but Mikey looks up to Tiny as a role model.
* T. rex Migration - Buddy and Tiny go to visit their friend Annie Tyrannosaurus and discover she isn't home, so they follow clues and find her on a migration with her family. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#133] Clifford's Hiccups/It's My Party *Clifford's Hiccups - Clifford gets a bad case of the hiccups and that's a real problem with a dog the size of Clifford! His dog friends work together to come up with various remedies for Clifford.
* It's My Party - When Jetta throws a movie-watching party, she expects everyone to do things her way which in this case means watching home-movies of herself. The other kids try their best, but are soon bored and take a vote to go outside and make their own movie with Vaz's movie camera. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#125] The Halloween Bandit/An Honest Spin * The Halloween Bandit - When the dessert buffet is raided at the apartment building's annual Halloween party and havoc is wreaked by a small puppy, all the evidence points to Clifford. But the small red puppy is supported by his loyal animal friends and, of course, Emily Elizabeth. Using a bit of detective work, the animals unmask the real culprit - a stray little puppy that sneaked into the party. Ultimately, this hungry little puppy is adopted by a neighborhood family and given a home.
* An Honest Spin - When Clifford accidentally breaks Daffodil's spinning top, he thinks the right thing to do is to tell her, but instead, he follows Norville's advice and goes to great lengths to keep Daffodil from finding out.