TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, March 4, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAustin City Limits [#3703H] Widespread Panic Georgian jam band Widespread Panic celebrates its 25th anniversary with songs from across its career. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
1:00 amGreat Performances [#3713B] Andrea Bocelli: Love In Portofino International superstar Andrea Bocelli returns once again to delight fans with a concert special of classical favorites, pop standards and Brazilian jazz, this time from the breathtaking coastal setting of Portofino, Italy. With 16-time Grammy-winner David Foster as music director and at the keyboard, Bocelli is joined by trumpeter Chris Botti to perform a select collection of the world's most famous love songs. duration 1:57:06 STEREO TVG
3:00 amAlbert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session The famed live jam session by two of the greatest musicians ever to have played the blues on electric guitar. Originally recorded for the Canadian television program In Session in 1983, this was a historic meeting of two artists that has proven to be a very special moment of time in the careers of each musician.
(Note: this program, recorded in Standard Definition, will appear "breadboxed" [black bars on all 4 sides] when aired on our High Definition channel) duration 1:28:44 STEREO TVG
4:30 amJohn Denver Rocky Mountain High Live In Japan Arguably one of the most beloved American performers of the 20th century, John Denver had a career that saw him sell more than 40 million albums worldwide while winning numerous awards, including 2 Grammy Awards, 3 American Music Awards, 1 Emmy and 2 Country Music Awards. This program is a 1981 concert from his 7-show tour of Japan and features a wonderful selection of hits from his career, including 4 of his 5 #1 hits: "Annie's Song," "Calypso," "Sunshine On My Shoulders" and "Thank God I'm A Country Boy." This performance finds Denver and his band in terrific form, delighting an enthusiastic audience that included Japan's Royal Family. duration 1:29:44 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#148] Park When B. Max finds out the local park is closed, the dogs invent their own park in the garden. Pido's adventure to a national park with the Puppy Patrol Club is so great, that he pretends to be a park ranger. He encourages the rest of the dogs to follow the park rules. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#215H] Top of the Sky/Jiggle Bones * Top of the Sky: Nick, Sally and Cat are playing with their toy rocket.Using the Cat's "Whoa-Look-At-It-Go-Launcher," he shoots the rocket up up and up! But now they need to go find it. Off to the top of the sky! They pass the treetops, and the mountains. Where is the top of the sky? They keep going higher until they're in space! They meet Audrey the Astronaut who explains that there is no top to the sky. The sky turns into space and space goes on forever! Just when the kids think their rocket is lost, they find it in Audrey's space station. Though they can't launch their rocket to the top of the sky, launching it to the moon is just as cool!
* Jiggle Bones: Nick and Sally are wiggling and jiggling like the jelly mould in front of them. But they can't quite widdle the same way. How come? Bones, of course! announces the Cat. Bones keep their bodies from being wiggly and jiggle. But why do they need bones? A visit to Dr. Giggles will answer that question! They learn about the big strong bones that help us stand and walk, the small bones that help us bend and move, and all the important bones that help protect our squishy bits. Even though they won't let you wiggle and jiggle like jelly, bones are important! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#116H] Be A Vegetable Taster!/Daniel Tries A New Food Be a Vegetable Taster! - Teacher Harriet introduces Daniel and his friends to the school's vegetable garden and convinces them to pick out some healthy veggies for their snack. They explore the garden, picking and trying different vegetables...with mixed results! Daniel Tries a New Food - Miss Elaina is having dinner with the Tiger family and she encourages Daniel to try some new food: Veggie Spaghetti and Banana Swirl. Daniel is convinced he won't like Veggie Spaghettit, even though he's never tried it before. Miss Elaina encourages him to be adventurous and try the new food. She does the same herself, and even though she doesn't like all of it, she's proud of herself for trying. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#320] Caillou Can Do It! * A Sweet and Sour Day - Caillou is helping Grandma water her flowers and fill the birdbath. When they get thirsty and need a break from gardening, Grandma finds there's no juice to be found in the fridge. No matter, Grandma shows Caillou how to make fruit juice from scratch, and it tastes so good that Mommy asks for seconds.
* Caillou's Puppet Show - Caillou and his friends Jason and Jeffrey make finger puppets at playschool and decide to put on a puppet show for the rest of the class the next day. The next morning, however, Caillou is disappointed to find that he's caught the measles from Rosie and can't go to playschool. All is saved when the whole class comes to wish him well and the puppet show goes on as planned - through the living room window!
* Caillou's Collection - In the park Caillou starts a new hobby - collecting rocks! He finds out that Grandpa has a rock collection too, and they go to the quarry where Caillou watches a worker break up big stones into smaller ones. Caillou gets to pick out a rock for Grandpa that ends up in Grandpa's new rock garden. Which gives Caillou an idea for the perfect spot to put his own rocks. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#102] Curious George's Home for Pigeons/Out of Order * Curious George's Home for Pigeons: Compass may be a homing pigeon but sometimes he has trouble finding his way home. George decides to make him a place to stay on their balcony. After much experimentation, George creates a tree that The Man with the Yellow Hat might not recognize but in Compass's eyes is the perfect pigeon perch.
* Out of Order: When George sees a very nice lady leaving packages behind everywhere she goes, he figures she must be very forgetful. He decides to be helpful by gathering up all the packages for her. When Betsy explains to George that the nice lady is actually the mail carrier, they have to figure out a system to match the packages up with the correct address and return them fast! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#104] A Plan for Sand/Whale Music * A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#153Z] George and the Dragon FE FI FO FUM! The Giant has stepped on Pig's toy, and he's scared to ask for it back! The super readers venture into a classic tale to meet intrepid Knight George, who is about to face his own fears and battle a dragon to rescue a princess! But it turns out that George isn't quite so brave, and needs a little help...from an unexpected source!
Educational Objectives: To learn to appreciate where you're from. Kids will experiment with the alphabet, celebrate spelling and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#206] That's Not A Dinosaur/Tiny's Garden * The kids visit the Big Pond to attend the Biome Block Party. While attempting to win the leaf-necklace contest, Keenan Chirostemotes claims the Pteranodon sibs can't compete for the prize for "dinosaur" with the most leaves because they are not dinosaurs. This launches the kids into a song called "That's Not a Dinosaur", as all the non-dinosaurs sing their piece. In the end, the game rules are changed to include all creatures, even non-dinosaurs, in all the contests!
* The Nature Trackers go on a visit to the Big Pond, where Tiny hopes to see her favorite flowers. The Conductor tells her that if the kids gather seeds at the pond, they can bring them home and plant a garden full of those same flowers at the family nest! The kids all get into it, gathering seeds and bringing them home, where they plant a garden,and meet its new inhabitants, including Sammy, a friendly slug, who explains that slugs, spiders, and butterflies all help to make a garden complete. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#221] Led Astray/Wedding Bell Blues * Led Astray: Clifford's new friend Artie is up to no good - and he talks Clifford into joining him. He "borrows" Cleo's favorite toy and helps digs a big hole. Clifford soon realizes that being friends with Artie isn't worth getting in trouble.
* Wedding Bell Blues: The children's teacher, Miss Carrington, is getting married and leaving the school. The kids imagine what their new, "interesting" teacher Mrs. Grumbly will be like.