TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Sunday, February 17, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amRevolutionaries [#205H] Doing Well By Doing Good Can one turn a successful career in technology into a life as a social entrepreneur? Meet Matt Flannery, former programmer at TiVo and founder of Kiva, and John Wood, former Microsoft executive and founder of Room to Read. KQED's Dave Iverson moderates an inspiring conversation with the two men, who have found a way to make a difference in the world with their successes in Silicon Valley. duration 53:14 STEREO TVG
1:00 amJoseph Campbell & The Power of Myth with Bill Moyers [#104B] Sacrifice & Bliss / Love & The Goddess / Masks of Eternity Sacrifice And Bliss
This program examines planting cultures and their emphasis on death, sacrifice, and rebirth. Also discussed are the importance of sacred places and the creative imagination to psychological well-being.
Love And The Goddess
This programexamines the importance of romantic love, the holy grail, and marriag e as sacrifice in human history. Also discussed was the symbolic significance of the virgin birth in relation to the importance of the goddess image.
Masks of Eternity
This program offers insights into the emotions associated with art, eastern versus western religions, the idea of god, the meaning of human suffering, and experiencing the rapture of being alive. duration 3:53:43 STEREO
5:00 amEasy Yoga for Arthritis with Peggy Cappy This program offers a fabulous anti-stress yoga sequence, presented in Peggy's gentle style that everybody can do. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the US, affecting some 37 million people. Peggy shows how yoga can relieve stiffness, reduce pain and fatigue, and improve muscle and bone strength. duration 58:25 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#104] Who Am I? It's Razzles' birthday and the others have to learn more about her so they can pick the perfect present. Plus, Pido can't stop pretending to be Super Pido. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#137H] Minnie Meerkat/Leaves * Minnie Meerkat - Sally and Nick are planning to camp out in the backyard, but there are some scary noises out there! Not to worry, The Cat's friend Minnie Meerkat can teach them all about camping safe. Off to Peekaboo Plains where a group of meerkats show them how they make their camp safe every night. Now Sally and Nick know what to do to feel safe in the backyard. And it doesn't hurt to have the best lookout ever - The Cat in the Hat!
* Leaves - Nick and Sally are going to make a leaf collage of Cat, but the leaves they have aren't the right shape, they need different ones.It's off to Kaloo-Kalee for some leaf collecting! There, they learn that leaves help trees make food, and that's why it's best not to pick the leaves from the branches. They collect fallen leaves from three different trees with very different leaves. Now they have everything they need to make their picture of Cat, and even one for Fish! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#118H] Daniel Plays Ball/O Builds A Tower * Daniel Plays Ball - Daniel, Miss Elaina and Prince Wednesday are at the park with Prince Tuesday. They decide to play a game with a ball. Daniel struggles to catch the ball and gets very frustrated. All of his friends remind him to keep on trying.
* O Builds a Tower - In the block corner at school, O the Owl is determined to use all of the blocks to build the tallest tower in the world. After many failed attempts, he is frustrated, but Teacher Harriet and O's friends encourage him to try once again. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#301] Caillou The Detective * Where's Gilbert? - Gilbert has gone missing and Caillou is very concerned. A search of the neighbourhood and the local animal shelter turns up nothing. Caillou thinks about what it would be like to have other kinds of pets, but concludes that Gilbert is the perfect pet and he wants him back! Luckily when they return home Gilbert is waiting for them on the porch.
* Where I Saw it Last - After a day in the park and a visit to an ice cream parlour with Jeffrey and Jason, Caillou realizes that he has misplaced his new toy car. Mom encourages him to remember where he saw it last. The last place Caillou remembers having it is in the ice cream parlour. When they return Caillou is happy to find that the waitress has his missing car!
* Lost in the Jungle - Caillou learns all about the jungle at playschool, and decides it would be an exciting place for a game of hide and seek. The other children join in - Leo hides, and the others pretend to be birds, snakes, monkeys and even a lion. Caillou follows the clues until he finally finds Leo, and the brave explorer is happy to see his friend. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#301] Ice Station Monkey/The Perfect Carrot * Ice Station Monkey: George and the Man with the Yellow Hat are having a blast on their research assignment in the Antarctic! Professor Wiseman has enlisted the pair to help find the nesting grounds of the Chinstrap penguins. Our explorers set out in different directions. George meets a Chinstrap penguin, but loses his camera to a pesky sea otter who swims away. When the Man finds George, they chase the sea otter by jumping ice floes...but discover too late that a blizzard is approaching! George and the Man find refuge in a cave. When the blizzard passes, they emerge on the other side of the island in the middle of the penguins' nesting ground! Mission accomplished! Educational Objective: To be introduced to the idea of building a shelter using natural available materials.
* The Perfect Carrot: George and Bill are feeding the rabbits, when suddenly they run out of carrots. George can't believe it when Bill pulls a carrot out of the ground. George wants to grow his own carrots. Armed with a packet of seeds and instructions from Bill, George plants his garden. After 66 days of tending, watering and keeping Jumpy away, George has a prize-winning carrot! It's so perfect that George carries it around in a fancy telescope case to protect it. George visits Bill's house to show it off, but learns that the bunnies have gone missing! George finds the bunnies in a cave, hungry and scared. It's a hard decision to make, but George sacrifices his perfect carrot for the bunnies to eat while he finds help. Thanks to George and his "carroty hero," the bunnies are both saved and fed. Educational Objective: To make a connection between plants, and the food people and animals eat. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#138H] Hooray for Hair/Ice Is Nice * Hooray for Hair - Sally and Nick are getting their hair cut today; maybe they should try new hairstyles! A trip to meet three of Cat's friends (and some styling help from the Wig-o-lator) will help them decide! Should they have Yak hair? No, too hot! How about hair like a fur seal? Not quite, too short. A porcupine? No way! How will they ever get a hug from their moms with hair that spiky? They decide that the hair they have is what's perfect for them!
* Ice is Nice - Nick and Sally want some nice cold lemonade, but there's no more ice cubes in Sally's fridge! A trip to Freeze-your-knees Snowland will fix that! They meet Cat's friend Polly the polar bear who introduces Sally and Nick to all the different kinds of ice that make up her home. After trying many types of ice, they find the kind that will be perfect for their lemonade! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#149Z] The Three Little Pigs: The Return of the Wolf Pig and his brothers are trying to make a picnic table for their yard, but it all goes terribly wrong! So Super Why and his friends visit the tale of The Three Little Pigs, hoping to find out a little bit about building from the young Poppa Pig. Will they learn how to construct something sturdy, or will the Big Bad Wolf huff, puff and ruin their plans? Educational Objectives: To learn the importance of following instructions. Kids will sing the alphabet, rhyme with ICKS words, and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#133] An Armored Tail Tale/Pterasaur Flying Club An Armored Tail Tale - The Pteranodons tag along as Hank Ankylosaurus visits the Big Pond to scout a Dinoball talent named Eugene Euoplocephalus. Eugene is a smaller version of Hank, an armored dinosaur with a giant tail-club. Hank and Eugene really hit it off, and after they all play Dinoball, Hank recruits Eugene to play on his team! Pterosaur Flying Club - Tiny and Shiny practice their swoop-de-loops and other flying moves in anticipation of their play-date with fellow Pterosaurs Petey Peteinosaurus and Quincy Quetzalcoatlus. With Buddy helping with the choreography, the Pterosaur Flying Club puts on a flying show! duration 28:55 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#208] Embarrassing Moments/Lucky Charm * In "Embarrassing Moments" Vaz rips his pants during a soccer game and everyone helps him feel better by telling their own tales of embarrassing moments. However, Jetta insists these things never happen to her.
* In the second story, when Emily Elizabeth loses her lucky stone, she loses her self confidence. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#117] Time Out/Sniff Sniff * Time Out - Nina loses her date book. Jorge doesn't help her find it, thinking she will have more time to play with him. The plan backfires, and Jorge learns to respect Nina's commitments.
* Sniff Sniff - When Emily Elizabeth wakes up with a cold, Clifford does everything he can to make her feel better. He tries playing with a pop up book, playing ball, and getting her to dance. Finally he realizes that one of the best things you can do for someone who isn't feeling well doesn't feel like much at all. He goes into her room and snuggles with her, and she couldn't be happier.