TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, February 15, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19039] (original broadcast date: 02/14/13)
* Tony Kushner discusses writing the Oscar nominated screenplay for Steven Spielberg's Lincoln
* Oscar nominee Christoph Waltz on his role in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained. duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32052] Warren Buffett partners up to buy ketchup maker HJ Heinz in a deal worth $28 Billion dollars. NBR's Ruben Ramirez takes a look at why Buffett may have chosen Brazil's 3G Capital. The American Airlines-US Airways merger is ready for take-off and the companies say they see no turbulence ahead from Washington regulators. NBR's Suzanne Pratt has a look at the impact fewer airlines will have on ticket prices. Senate Democrats offer their plan to head-off the sequester's sharp spending cuts. NBR's Darren Gersh speaks with Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amDr. Wayne Dyer - Wishes Fulfilled Dr. Wayne Dyer presents his Five Wishes Fulfilled Foundations: the five steps to living from your "highest self" and thereby attracting your deepest desires. Using his trademark humor, combined with source material drawn from some of the most original American New Thought philosophers of the 20th century, Dr. Dyer outlines a program for mastering the tools necessary for living a profoundly extraordinary life. Viewers learn how to use Imagination, Living from the End, Assuming the Feeling of the Wish Fulfilled, Attention and the Last 5 Minutes of Each Day to create new and astonishing thought patterns, while defeating unproductive and recurring habits. He also introduces viewers to the philosophies of influential metaphysics teacher of the 20th Century, Neville Goddard.
Special guest Anita Moorjani joins Dr. Dyer on stage in part 3 of Wishes Fulfilled. Anita is the survivor of a near-death experience and shares her perceptions of the event with Dr. Dyer. The program concludes with a moving performance of "Amazing Grace" by the San Diego Children's Choir. duration 2:56:54 STEREO TVG
4:30 amADD & Mastering It! From the team of comedians behind the ground breaking documentary ADD & Loving It!?! comes a new, entertaining and empowering film. Patrick McKenna and Rick Green make it clear that there is much that can be done to not just manage this disorder, but turn it to your advantage. The program goes through 36 practical tips for managing one's ADD or ADHD.
The program is fast and funny. As adults with ADHD Patrick and Rick keep it light. The 36 Tips are specifically chosen to be ADHD/ADD-friendly. What works for most people is often counter-productive for ADDers. For example, meditation is challenging enough for the average person; for the ADDer it's daunting. But experts explain "the walking meditation," and Rick shows how to seize small moments throughout the day to recover and relax. Some of the tips are simple tricks that help focus and motivation: Choose Your Distraction, Chunk It Up, Keep Stuff Together.
Backing up Patrick and Rick are many experts, who explain the neurology and psychology of this condition. The list of experts is a who's who of psychiatrists, psychologists and authors. From the opening moments of the film the viewer will be laughing and engaged - because that's how ADHD/ADD folks learn best. duration 1:26:59 STEREO
6:00 amRaggs [#120] Sleep Raggs' dreams are keeping him awake and Pido can't sleep because he's too excited about the upcoming Tail-Chasing Championships. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#140H] Seasons - Spring and Summer/Seasons - Fall and Winter * Seasons - Spring and Summer - For Show and Tell at school, Nick and Sally must bring something from their favourite season. But how can they choose which is their favourite? The Cat in the Hat takes them to the magical Garden of Seasons, where they can visit any season they like, any time they like! They meet three young animals and journey with them as they begin to grow up. Sally decides that she has two favourite seasons, and with the pictures taken from the Snaparama camera, she now has a scrapbook of pictures to show why! < br />* Seasons - Fall and Winter - It's Nick's turn to choose a favourite season. Back to the Garden of Seasons to visit Fall and Winter! In Fall, they meet up with their friends from Spring and Summer to have a going away party for Candy the goose who's about to fly south. In Winter, they have a great time playing with Sam the hare while all his other friends hibernate. Nick can't decide on just one season, so he makes a picture of all the fun they had in both seasons! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#121H] You Are Special/Daniel Is Special * You are Special: The children are putting on a show at school today, each doing something that makes them special. O the Owl wants to be just like the others and, with a little encouragement, he learns that owls are special too.
* Daniel is Special: Daniel and Dad take a fall walk through the neighborhood, admiring the colors of the leaves. On their way, they meet Miss Elaina and O the Owl who each do special things that make Daniel wonder if he is as special as they are. Dad reminds Daniel of the things that make him special, like his whimsical imagination! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#304] Caillou to the Rescue * Caillou Helps Out - Rosie is teething and just can't seem to fall asleep, so big brother Caillou decides to help. He sings her a song and finds her favourite bunny, but it isn't until he tells her a very imaginative bedtime story that she finally drifts off into the land of dreams.
* Caillou the Firefighter - The Fire chief visits Caillou's playschool to teach the children about fire drills. When Caillou is lifted up for a turn sitting in the big fire truck he imagines he is a firefighter himself hurrying though town to save the day. At the end of his turn Caillou announces he will be a firefighter when he grows up! The Fire Chief says he'd be glad to have Caillou on the team.
* Caillou to the Rescue - After a mischievous Rosie hides Caillou's cars between the cushions on the sofa, Leo and Caillou have a grand adventure pretending that they are tow truck drivers and crane operators rescuing the cars from their hiding places. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#602H] George Buys A Kite/Train of Light * Curious George Buys a Kite - After a gust of wind destroys their kite,George and Bill are determined to buy the Ultimate Kite on display at Ada & Luke's country store. Luckily, Bill & George's Excellent Job Service finds enough work to keep their weekend schedule filled with money making chores--until rain prevents the duo from completing their outdoor tasks. Can their precise schedule be rearranged to do the inside chores while it's raining and complete the outdoor tasks when it's sunny or will Bill and George's Excellent Job Service go out of business?
* Train of Light - During a trip to Mabel's Department Store, George helps wrap presents, watches himself on TV, rides the escalator, and becomes fascinated by a lamp that casts a shadow of a moving train onto the wall. When George tries to leave the store, the door is locked and the lights shut off. George is trapped inside, so he gets to work creating his own signature lampshade that he hopes will grab the attention of the Man with the Yellow Hat. Will George's plan work or will George be spending the night in the store? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#201H] Jumping on the Moon/Sneezy Riders * Jumping on the Moon - Nick and Sally are trying to jump high enough to touch the moon, but "what goes up must come down" says the Cat. That's gravity! And to show them just what gravity is, that means a trip to the moon! That's where they meet Astronaut Audrey who takes them for a space walk to learn all about gravity.
* Sneezy Riders - Sally and Nick are playing hide and seek, but Nick keeps sneezing! How can they stop it from happening? Good thing Cat's friend Cluey Looey will be able to help them! At Muddyfeet Waterhole they discover that Louie is having the same problem! Nothing a trip inside Louie's nose can't solve! Inside a super shrunken Thingamajigger, Nick, Sally and Cat discover what causes sneezing and what they can do to avoid it from happening! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#148Z] Cinderella: The Prince's Side of the Story Red and Little Boy Blue are playing some music together when Little Boy Blue suddenly disappears! This is just like when Cinderella left the ball without finishing her dance. To solve the mystery, Super Why and his friends soar into Cinderella's fairytale once again, and this time they talk to the prince! Educational Objectives: To learn about thinking creatively, investigate the alphabet, practice the magic of spelling, and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#134H] Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet!/Diamond Anniversary * Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet! - Tiny is very worried after she loses Shiny's favorite shiny shell, and enlists Dad and Buddy to help find a new one. As Tiny becomes more frantic, she begins stomping with frustration. Then the kids meet Daphne, a Daspletosaurus kid who shows them how to make stomping a fun dance instead of a temper tantrum.
* Diamond Anniversary - Mr. and Mrs. Pteranodon decide to surprise each other with gifts on their anniversary. Despite some close calls, the kids help each of them to keep their gifts a secret until the perfect moment when the whole family can celebrate. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#209] Princess Cleo/Basketball Stories * Princess Cleo - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Cleo discovers her grandmother was a Queen - and that makes her a Princess! She begins to enjoy all the privileges she believes come with being a Princess - but soon learns that her friends are more important to her than any crown or title could ever be. In the end, she discovers that it's more fun to read about being a princess than to be one in real life. * Basketball Stories - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Skyscraper Jackson has come to Birdwell Island for a big exhibition game, which Charley wouldn't miss for anything - except a bad cold. But Emily, Vaz and Jetta each write a story about the game for Charley from their different points of view. Charley gets to relive the game through his friend's stories and they have a lot of fun writing and reading them to him. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#119] Fall Feast/Norville's New Game * Fall Feast - It's the Fall Feast holiday and the Howards are planning to visit Emily Elizabeth's grandparents. But a huge snow storm leaves them snowed in at the train station, along with many of their friends and neighbors. At first, everyone's spirits are very low but Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth realize that the group can celebrate the Fall Feast together and rejoice in its spirit of sharing.
* Norville's New Game - The animals are in the courtyard making up games. When it's Norville's turn to invent a game he consistently reinvents the rules so that each time emerges as the winner. Each time this happens, he further alienates his friends until they eventually refuse to play with him anymore. In the end, Norville realizes the importance of playing fair.