TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, December 10, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAustin City Limits [#3606H] Steve Martin/Sarah Jarosz Bluegrass is the order of the night with Steve Martin and Sarah Jarosz. Comedian Martin picks up his banjo with the Steep Canyon Rangers for new tunes in the old tradition. Young Texan Jarosz rewrites the bluegrass rules with her original songs and style. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
1:00 amNobel Peace Prize Concert 2011 This musical celebration is hosted by Helen Mirren and Rosario Dawson, and features top musical performers including David Gray, Jill Scott, Evanescence, Janelle Mone Sugarland, Angelique Kidjo and the World Youth Choir. The concert honors Nobel Peace Prize laureates Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Leymah Gbowee of Liberia and Tawakkul Karman of Yemen for their non-violent struggle for the safety of women and women's rights. duration 56:46 STEREO TVG
2:00 amNature [#2705] Hummingbirds: Magic in the Air Hummingbirds represent one of nature's most interesting paradoxes -- they are the tiniest of birds, yet they qualify as some of the toughest and most energetic creatures on the planet. New knowledge gained from scientists currently making great breakthroughs in hummingbird biology makes this a perfect time to focus on these shimmering, flashing jewels of the natural world. Stunningly beautiful high-definition, high speed footage of hummingbirds in the wild combined with high-tech presentations of their remarkable abilities help us to understand the world of hummingbirds as we never have before. duration 1:21:24 SRND51 TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:00 amMasterpiece Mystery! [#3919Z] Poirot: Mrs. McGinty's Dead Mrs. McGinty was killed by a brutal blow to the head, and her lodger James Bentley (Joe Absolom) is sentenced to hang for the murder. As Poirot joins forces with famed crime novelist Ariadne Oliver (Zoe Wanamaker) to save Bentley from the gallows, he doesn't realize his own life is in danger. The cast includes Amanda Root . duration 1:26:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amImageMakers [#1010H] Innocence Lost CROSSING SALWEEN - Ireland
Along the Thailand border in Eastern Burma, nine-year-old Ko Reh finds herself orphaned after the massacre of her village and family by the military junta. She must now make the arduous journey with the help of a mysterious stranger to the Salween River that separates the horrors of Burma from the safety of Thailand. Will her late father's enduring love and promise of assistance from a forest spirit be enough to shepherd her across the river where so many others have fallen? Written and directed by Brian O'Malley and based on a short story by Gary Moore. Principal cast: Ronnachai Wijitto, Thanawut Kedsaro, and Danai Thiengtham. The little girl (Ronnachai) is a refugee. What is also amazing is the she had never acted before and beat out many trained actors for the role.
FENCES - Australia
Eight-year-old Lucas' father is a forensic crime scene detective. He argues with his ex-wife to look after Lucas while called to a crime scene, but she's too busy. Forced to take the boy, will Lucas stay put in the car or will he discover what his daddy does for a living? Directed by Tim Dean. Principal cast: Trent Heath, Brett Swain, Nicole Nabout, and Victoria Eagger. duration 27:39 STEREO TVPGV
5:00 amIn The Life [#2202H] Foster Care's Invisible Youth duration 28:00 STEREO TVPG
5:30 amIn The Life [#2203H] duration 26:47 STEREO TVPG
6:00 amRaggs [#208H] Try New Things It is Try New Food Tuesday and Pido wants everyone to try Whole Grain Doggie Puffs, but B. Max likes it so much - it is the only thing he wants to eat. Pido wants a new set of drums because he thinks new must be best, but he learns a very different lesson when he starts to miss his old drums. Will Pido find some new drums that he loves? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#104H] A Plan for Sand/Whale Music * A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#109H] A Trip To The Enchanted Garden/A Trip To The Crayon Factory A Trip to the Enchanted Garden - The Tiger family is making strawberry pancakes for breakfast this morning, but when Mom looks more closely in the kitchen, she realizes there are no more strawberries left. They all head to the Enchanted Garden, where Mom Tiger shows Daniel the strawberry patch. Daniel is very curious, and learns that if he looks closely, he may be able to answer his own questions about how strawberries grow and learn something new. A Trip to the Crayon Factory - Daniel Tiger, Miss Elaina, and Katerina Kittycat take a fun trip to the factory to see how crayons are made but, O the Owl can't come because he's sick. At the factory, the kids watch the crayons being made, and Daniel looks and listens closely. Daniel has an idea to take pictures at the factory and give them to O at the end of the day, so that O can learn about crayons too! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#317] Caillou The Helper * Caillou the Patient - While pretending to be a jet pilot Caillou falls down and scrapes his knees. Even though it hurts, he likes the extra attention from Mommy and Rosie. He's not sure he can run anymore, until he looks out the window and sees Leo and Clementine heading to the park!
* Caillou the Police Officer - When the traffic lights near school stop working a policeman comes to direct traffic. Caillou loves watching him and learns from Miss Martin about lots of different ways that police officers help people. Caillou decides he wants to help people too, and finds a whistle for directing traffic. Unfortunately his friends aren't very willing to be directed, but he does get to put Leo the bank robber in jail under the slide. He even finds a way to help the police officer... by bringing him a cool drink when he's done his work.
* Grandpa's Friend - Grandpa takes Caillou to the park one find day to meet his friend George. George has lots of funny stories about Grandpa when he was young. Caillou learns to play croquet, and even convinces the elderly pair to play one of his games - hide and seek! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#308] Wheels on the Bus/Seed Trouble * Wheels on the Bus - Running late for an important meeting at the Glass Palace, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat decide to take the bus rather than walk. But when George and the Man get off at the wrong stop, the bus leaves with the Man's portfolio still inside! Determined to retrieve the important drawings AND make it to the meeting on time, George jumps in a basket on a bicycle. The Man orders a baffled taxi driver to follow that monkey on the bicycle to catch the bus to get his portfolio! With the clock ticking, will either of them catch up to the bus and arrive at the meeting in time?
* Seed Trouble - George loves eating at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant! When Chef explains that he can't grow enough vegetables to keep his customers fed, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat offer to start their own garden to help the Chef out. The garden is ready to be planted, when Compass and his pigeon friends eat some of the seeds! George dumps the seeds into one jar to keep them safe... and learns too late that different seeds can't be planted together. Can George figure out how to separate and identify the seeds, and keep Chef Pisghetti in business? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#107H] Trees Company/Now You See Me * Trees Company - Sally and Nick are playing up in their treehouse when Nick's mom calls them for lunch. Nick wonders what it would be like to stay up in that tree all the time! The Cat in the Hat knows! Or at least he has friends that do. In Jimmer Jammer Jungle the kids learn how different animals spend their entire lives in trees. As neat as that is, there's one thing those trees don't have, and that's mom's home cooking!
* Now You See Me - Nick and Sally are playing hide and go seek, but Sally keeps getting found! The Cat takes the kids to meet the best hider ever, his friend Gecko! Through a game of hide and go seek in the jungle, the kids learn how Gecko not only hides, but how he runs and climbs. Now Sally knows how to camouflage herself so she won't be so easily found! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#113] The Ant and the Grasshopper Littlest Pig is on a picnic and he is starving! Problem is, he didn't plan ahead and pack a snack! The Super Readers fly into the story of Ant and Grasshopper where the jovial grasshopper finds himself equally unprepared for the onset of winter. Will his responsible friend Ant teach him (and Pig) a lesson about planning ahead? Or will the two friends be left out in the cold?
Educational Objectives: To learn about planning ahead and letter identification. Young viewers will experiment with spelling and use the power to read to change the story.