TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18246H] (original broadcast date: 12/03/12)
* an update on Syria with Eric Schmitt of The New York Times
* former Prime Minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert on Gaza, Hamas and the upcoming Israeli elections. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31371Z] duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amImageMakers [#901H] Lost and Found THE LOST THING - Australia
A boy discovers a bizarre looking creature while out collecting bottle caps one day at the beach. Realizing it is lost, he tries to find out where it belongs, but everyone else is too busy or wrapped up in their own life to care. The boy decides it is up to him to find its home. The surreal animation comes from the mind of children's book writer Shaun Tan who also directed this 2011 Academy Award winning film. A beautiful allegory exploring how we take for granted the world around us and how we ourselves at times feel like we don't belong.
INK - Australia
A graffiti artist uses art to come to terms with a long lost toy and a stolen childhood. As she reflects back on what might have been, she struggles to trust or get close to anyone. One day her work attracts the attention of a young man. He identifies with the image and feels a strong bond with her. Tracking her down will not be easy. Can two wounded souls find the courage to piece together the confusing fragments of the past that may lead to some resolution and healing? Written and directed by Justine Wallace. Narrated by Cassandra Magrath. duration 27:06 STEREO TVG
2:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1203H] Baltimore, Maryland - Hour Three AR caps its sojourn in Baltimore, Maryland, at Geppi's Entertainment Museum, where appraiser Phil Weiss gives host Mark L. Walberg a collector's eye view of comic strip art. At the Baltimore Convention Center, AR draws a wide array of objects, including a magnificent bench crafted by master woodworker George Nakashima; a unique two-sided painting by B.J.O. Nordfelt; and a rare violin made in 1798 by renowned French violinmaker Nicolas Lupot, accompanied by a bow crafted in the style of Dominique Peccatte, one of the most influential bow makers in history. Together, violin and bow make beautiful music, to the tune of $140,000 and $20,000 respectively. duration 55:04 STEREO TVG
3:00 amDonner Party: American Experience [#503] Of all the 19th-century pioneer stories, none exerts so powerful a hold on the American imagination as the tale of the Donner Party in the high Sierra Nevadas in the winter of 1846. That June, along with thousands of others, George and Jacob Donner and James Frazier Reed led their families west out of Springfield, Illinois, and headed for the "Promised Land" in California, 2000 miles away. Theirs was a prosperous caravan that would swell to more than 87 men, women and children. They packed huge wagons (one was two stories high), took food, hired servants and even sewed money between the covers of a quilt. When family leaders made the fateful decision to take an untried short cut to beat the coming winter, only half of them would come out alive. What began as a trek to the Western paradise became a terrifying tale of misery, death, madness and cannibalism. But there was also extraordinary bravery, as survivors made their way to California, after enduring the worst winter ever recorded in the high Sierras. Through family journals, newspaper accounts and interviews with historians and descendants of the party, the film recreates the Donner Party's now legendary journey. duration 1:26:16 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amIndependent Lens [#1326] We Were Here When AIDS came to San Francisco in the early 1980s, the city became a war zone. Friends and family members were struck down in their prime by a mostly mysterious illness for which there was no cure. But the community -- hippies, drag queens, lesbians, moms and dads, doctors and nurses -- came together when the nation's leaders looked the other way and built an unprecedented system of love, care, and compassion. Their tireless fight is a testament to the capacity of people working together to rise to an unthinkable occasion. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TV14-L (Secondary audio: none)
6:00 amRaggs [#204] Love Its Puppy Love Day (Valentine's Day) and Razzles wants to find an extra special way to show her friends how much she loves them. All the dogs explore different ways to express love for their friends. < br />Pido loves his new surfboard so much he does everything with it, except surfing. But when he accidentally breaks it, the other pups show Pido the best way to love a surfboard is to actually use it to catch a wave. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#101H] Show Me The Honey/Migration Vacation * Show Me the Honey - Sally and Nick have run out of honey! Luckily the Cat knows just where to go to get more. They visit Queen Priscilla Buzzoo who invites them to join in the bee dance to learn how to make honey.
* Migration Vacation - The purple martin swallow that lives in Sally's backyard has gone missing! The Cat, with the help of a variety of forest creatures, help Nick and Sally track down the bird, and learn how and why birds migrate. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#106H] Daniel And Miss Elaina Play Rocketship/Daniel Plays At The Castle Daniel and Miss Elaina Play Rocketship - Daniel has come to play with Miss Elaina today! They decide to play "outer space," but Miss Elaina gets upset when her cardboard telescope and spaceship accidentally break. Lady Elaine helps the friends see that they can still have fun together, even without the toys - because they're friends! They use their imaginations to keep playing, which is just as much fun!
Daniel Plays at the Castle - Daniel is visiting Prince Wednesday and the boys are excited to explore Prince Wednesday's rock collection. Daniel is saddened when Prince Wednesday tells him the rocks are too delicate to play with. Daniel and Prince Wednesday learn that friendship is about more than just playing with each other's toys - it's about being together! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#312] Caillou The Artiste * A Present for Mommy - Mommy's having a bad day - first she can't find her car keys, then she and Caillou have to shovel the car out, and then the car won't start! At playschool Caillou decides to make her a present to cheer her up. His first two attempts don't turn out but he perseveres and makes her a picture of a sun - to melt all the snow!
* Caillou the Chef - Jeffrey and Jason are coming over for dinner - it's a make-your-own pizza party! Caillou feels he is an expert at this and starts to show them how to do it. When the twins both opt for less-than-traditional ingredients Caillou is upset that they're doing it all wrong. In the end, however, their pizzas turn out just fine and Caillou learns that everyone has their own unique way of doing things.
* Caillou the Painter - Caillou's got a brand new painting shirt and decides to paint something for Grandma. He has a little trouble deciding what to paint. He wants to use all his colours and paint all his favourite shapes. Mommy tells him that paintings don't have to be about something and he proceeds to make his own abstract painting! Meanwhile Rosie and Daddy are pressing a flower for Grandma. When Grandma arrives she is thrilled with her very artistic gifts. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#702H] We Otter Be Friends/Sir George and the Dragon * We Otter Be Friends - After an otter swims away with Mr. Quint's boat keys, a stranded George tries everything he can to retrieve them. But the otter is a faster swimmer, a quicker runner, and a better hider than George. Can George out-otter the otter and get the keys back?
* Sir George and the Dragon - George is starring in his first play. Under the hot stage lights, George falls asleep and dreams he's a guarding a medieval castle! Can the clever monkey figure out how to keep Dragon Charkie out of the castle and be the hero of the play? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102H] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#109] The Ugly Duckling Princess Pea's twirls are falling flat, and her dance recital is fast approaching! The Super Readers soar into the story of the Ugly Duckling, who's having just as much trouble trying to swim! With a little hard work, the Ugly Duckling hits his stride, and Princess Pea learns that practice makes perfect! Educational Objectives: To learn about practice and persistence, play with the alphabet, practice spelling skills and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#113H] Hootin' Hadrosaurs!/Hatching Party * Hootin' Hadrosaurs! - Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don meet Perry Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur with a crest on his head who teaches them a new way to hoot some hip music.
* Hatching Party - Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon attend an egg hatching party and meet their friend Cory Corythosaurus's new brothers and sisters. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#223] Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck * Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright.