TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Sunday, September 16, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCary Grant: The Leading Man [#501] Tells the story of Archibald Leach's transformation from working class English boy to Hollywood legend. Discovered on Broadway by Mae West, Grant's combination of comic style and leading man charisma soon won him roles in the classic films "An Affair to Remember" and Alfred Hitchcock's "North by Northwest" and "Notorious." Narrated by Richard Kiley. duration 59:42 TVG
1:00 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#610H] La Mexicana, Kabuto Sushi, Pazzia Diners recommend the fresh hand-made tortillas and traditional menu at La Mexicana Restaurant in Oakland, new sushi combinations that will make your mouth water at cozy Kabuto Sushi in San Francisco, and Florentine and Northern Italian dishes at their best in San Francisco at a place called Pazzia Restaurant & Pizzeria. duration 26:47 STEREO TVG
1:30 amImageMakers [#904H] A Higher Power GLENN OWEN DODDS - Australia
Who is Glenn Owen Dodds? Conman? Charlatan? Or is he as he says - the creator and ruler of the universe? A skeptical young man has serious doubts until Glenn starts revealing facts the young man has never told anyone. He may in fact be meeting his maker, but his meeting is only going to last five minutes. If you only had a few minutes with God, what would you ask him? Directed by Frazer Bailey. Principal cast: David Wenham, Abe Forsythe and Bella Heathcote.
TOUCH - USA
Sometimes standing on the edge can be very inviting. Everyday millions of people pass each another by walking to work oblivious to one another. While waiting for a subway train, a commuter makes a shocking statement to the person next to her and learns how a simple act of kindness can alter one's life. Sometimes the most important connection in your life happens with a complete stranger. Directed by Jen McGowan. Principal cast: Lily Knight and Rachel Kanouse. duration 27:25 STEREO TVG
2:00 amMarilyn Monroe: Beyond The Legend [#502] Narrated by Richard Widmark, this program features highlights from Marilyn Monroe's greatest moments on film - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, How to Marry A Millionaire, The Seven-Year Itch, Some Like it Hot, Bus Stop and The Misfits. It also includes clips from some of her earliest films as well as home movies and archival footage. Those who knew her best, including Robert Mitchum, Shelley Winters, Sheree North, Susan Strasberg, Don Murray, Celeste Holm and Josh Logan, share their fond memories. duration 59:46 TVG
3:00 amMuch Ado About Nothing [#1045H] (1993) Young lovers Hero (Kate Beckinsale) and Claudio (Robert Sean Leondard) , soon to wed, conspire to get verbal sparring partners and confirmed singles Benedick (Kenneth Branagh) and Beatrice (Emma Thompson) to wed as well. The all-star cast also features Denzel Washington, Imelda Staunton, Richard Briers, Phyllida Law, Keanu Reeves, Patrick Doyle, Michael Keaton. Branagh also directed and co-produced. duration 1:50:57 STEREO TVPG
5:00 amAmerican Masters [#2107] You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story - A Living Tradition 1998-2008 Tent-pole films. Weekend grosses. Megabudgets. The 1980s usher in modern moviemaking and marketing. Box-office smashes Superman, Batman and The Matrix become franchises. The Harry Potter series enthralls the world. Clint Eastwood creates a succession of Oscar-winning instant classics. And studio collaborations with George Clooney and more new talents pave the way to a future as fabled as the past. Key interviews: George Clooney, Tim Burton, Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese Key films: The Color Purple, Mystic River, The Departed, Michael Clayton and Unforgiven. duration 56:46 STEREO TV14
6:00 amRaggs [#144] Building Razzles keeps the others up all night designing a new cubby-house, but they learn the results aren't quite what they expected. Pido combines his building and cooking skills to create a Gingerbread House for the Puppy Preschool Building Show. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#201H] Jumping on the Moon/Sneezy Riders * Jumping on the Moon - Nick and Sally are trying to jump high enough to touch the moon, but "what goes up must come down" says the Cat. That's gravity! And to show them just what gravity is, that means a trip to the moon! That's where they meet Astronaut Audrey who takes them for a space walk to learn all about gravity.
* Sneezy Riders - Sally and Nick are playing hide and seek, but Nick keeps sneezing! How can they stop it from happening? Good thing Cat's friend Cluey Looey will be able to help them! At Muddyfeet Waterhole they discover that Louie is having the same problem! Nothing a trip inside Louie's nose can't solve! Inside a super shrunken Thingamajigger, Nick, Sally and Cat discover what causes sneezing and what they can do to avoid it from happening! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#107H] Friends Help Each Other/Daniel Helps O Tell A Story Friends Help Each Other - Daniel spends the day at Katerina Kittycat's house. Katerina is excited to show Daniel a birthday tea-party she set up all by herself for her stuffed animals! Katerina accidentally knocks the tea set on the floor, and is very upset that she ruined the party. Luckily, Daniel is a helpful friend and they reassemble the party together. Daniel Helps O Tell a Story - O the Owl wants to show Daniel all his books. The boys choose a very special book about dinosaurs, but they realize that the last page of the story is missing! O gets very flustered, but Daniel is a good friend and uses his imagination to make up the end of the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#309] Caillou The Explorer * Caillou of the Antarctic - Caillou is playing with Jeffrey and Jason when he gets accidentally pushed down. He is a little upset about it until he realizes it was an accident. Since it's so hot out Daddy treats them to ice cream and Caillou imagines he's down at the cool cool south pole playing with the penguins!
* Deep Sea Caillou - There's a new girl named Lee Wun in playschool, but she's so shy she won't talk to anybody. Miss Martin brings in a fish tank to show the class. After imagining he's a tiny deep sea diver swimming in the fishtank, Caillou discovers that Lee Wun knows a lot about fish! Encouraged to tell the others what she knows, Lee Wun is able to start making new friends.
* Caillou in the Bayou - The whole family is on the way to the beach but accidentally end up on a trail through a swamp. Caillou is disappointed, he doesn't think a swamp could be very interesting, until he takes a closer look at the creatures who live there. He imagines he's in the Bayou searching for alligators. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#404] The Inside Story/A Monkey, A Plan, A Canal * The Inside Story - George doesn't feel so well. He's sneezing and can't taste Chef Pisghetti's sauce. He learns that he has a germ inside that's given him a cold. George wishes he could make the germ go away so he could feel better. Gnocchi curls up with George and they both go to sleep. In his dream, George wakes up inside himself, with Gnocchi at his side. They are facing that pesky germ - the bluesy, singing Toots and his Germettes, who have set up camp inside George. George wants them to leave, but they are having a wonderful time and never want to go! George and Gnocchi chase Toots through George's body (nose, stomach and lungs) in an effort to evict him. Will they succeed? And if so, how?
* A Monkey, A Plan, A Canal - Oh no! George and Allie find that a dry spell has lowered the water level of Lake Wanasink Lake and one of their fish friends got trapped in a small pond away from it's family! What's a monkey and girl to do? Trying to put the fish in a pail to carry it over doesn't work. George decides to dig a canal between the lake and the little pond. This would work except that the small pond is downhill from the lake and fish can't swim up hill. With some help from Bill, George realizes his canal needs a lock. Even though this is big work for a little monkey, George is up to it! Once George figures out how to build it, will the fish use it and swim back to his family? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#204H] No Night Today/Fun in the Sun * No Night Today - Nick and Sally want to keep playing, but it's getting dark. Why does nighttime have to come? The Cat knows someone who can answer that question - Astronaut Audrey! With a trip to her International Space Station and a large model of the solar system, the kids learn that it's the earth's spinning near the sun that makes it night or day
* Fun in the Sun - Phew it's hot! Too hot to play outside. Not according to The Cat! His friend Hilda the Hippo knows all about having fun in the sun. A visit to Muddymoo River teaches them that hippos make their very own sunscreen to protect them from the hot sun.Now that they all have their sunscreen on, it's time for some fun in the sun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#143Z] Peter Rabbit Red wants to find the perfect present to show Grandma she cares, but she is absolutely stumped! The Super Readers pay a storybook visit to Peter Rabbit and chase after the mischievous little cottontail bunny, who's on the hunt for some delicious fresh vegetables for his Mama. The Super Readers must help Peter find what he's looking for before his big appetite for veggies lands him in hot water! Educational Objectives: To learn how to show someone you care, investigate the alphabet, practice spelling skills and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#116H] Night Train/Fossil Fred * Night Train - Dad, Buddy and Tiny take a special ride on the Dinosaur Train at night, learning about animals that are active after dark, culminating at the Big Pond for a nature walk under the full moon.
* Fossil Fred - Buddy, Tiny and Don play "detective" and search around the Big Pond for fossils. The kids end up finding an entire skeleton of a Jurassic dinosaur. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#103] Birdy Makes Three/Home Is Where The Fun Is * And Birdy Makes Three - When Emily finds a baby bird, she decides to take care of it until it learns to fly. Clifford learns that even when she's busy with other things Emily never stops loving him.
* Home Is Where the Fun Is - First, Emily feels jealous that Jetta gets to go and see the amazing Titanic Tower in the exciting big city. But she soon learns that there are some pretty amazing things right in her own backyard. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#124] Lights, Camera, Action/Basketball Babysitter * Lights, Camera, Action - Inspired by a classroom visit by Ken Burns, Emily Elizabeth, Nina and Shun try to make a documentary highlighting people in their neighborhood. But they're so busy trying to do their jobs that they don't realize how they're messing up their interviews. After they learn a lesson from Clifford about having respect for others, they make a successful documentary.
* Basketball Babysitter - Evan get tickets to see his hero, Allan Houston, play basketball, and he's really excited. Emily Elizabeth and Clifford come along, and they strike up a friendship with Allan Houston's daughter, Remie, and her beagle puppy, Hoops. Evan winds up babysitting for Remie and Hoops during the game. He's happy to do it, but he winds up missing most of the game. But he's a good sport about it, and when Allan Houston makes it up to him by playing some one-on-one basketball with him - it's his dream come true!