TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, September 14, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18189H] (original broadcast date: 9/13/12)
* a discussion about foreign policy in the Presidential race with John Dickerson, political correspondent for Slate magazine and political director of CBS News.
* David Brooks of The New York Times continues on the Presidential race
* coverage of the protests in Egypt and Libya with Lara Logan, chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS news and Bobby Ghosh, editor-at-large for Time Magazine duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31314Z] Stocks soar as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke launches a new round of stimulus to boost the economy. NBR's Susie Gharib speaks with Former Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke described today's move as quote "a main street policy." NBR's Washington Bureau Chief Darren Gersh looks at what that means. Does the world really need another gaming console? Nintendo launches its latest version of the Wii. NBR"s New York Correspondent Suzanne Pratt explains. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#706H] Phnom Penh House, Pho VI Hoa and Grand Cafe Phnom Penh House (Oakland), Pho Vi Hoa (Los Altos) and Grand Cafe (San Francisco) are the eateries selected by local diners. Will the three guests agree on their Bay Area favorites? duration 26:46 STEREO TVG
2:00 amLost Treasures of the Ancient World [#205] Empires in the Americas This fascinating program highlights the amazing parallels between the two great American societies of the Aztecs and the Incas. duration 49:41 STEREO TVG
2:51 amMontezuma Montezuma inherited an empire of five million people from his uncle, stretching from present-day Mexico to Nicaragua. At the time, the empire was made up of semi-independent city-states. One of the Aztec King's greatest achievements was to expand and centralize this empire. Within months of taking the throne in 1502, he changed from a man of good reason into a pitiless autocrat who declared himself a god. He wanted people to be afraid of him, as he believed that fear and ruthlessness were the only ways to stop the empire falling apart. duration 51:48 STEREO TVG
4:00 amStorm That Swept Mexico The Mexican Revolution, the first major political and social revolution of the 20th century, not only changed the course of Mexican history, but also profoundly impacted its relationships with the rest of the world. This program looks at the complex historical, social, political, economic and cultural forces that shaped the Mexican Revolution, influenced its course, and determined its consequences and legacy. duration 1:56:46 STEREO TVPG-V
6:00 amRaggs [#147H] Sports Trilby gets so worn out training the dogs for Doggy Sports Day that the dogs have to help her get ready, too. When it is too rainy to play outside, Pido invents an indoor sports game for everyone to play instead. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#202H] The Surprising Bean/Hear Here * The Surprising Bean - Nick keeps trying to surprise Sally, but he just can't do it! The Cat takes them to find a real surprise in the Skippylarito Fields! Once there, Cat shows them a special bean - that suddenly moves! With a shrunken Thingamajigger, they go inside the bean and meet the moth larvae that lives there. They learn that it's really the moth that causes the bean to move. What a neat surprise indeed
* Hear Here - The kids hear chirping but can't find where it's coming from. If only they had better ears. Ears like an elephant? Or maybe an owl or even a fox? Not a problem when the Cat's around! He takes them to meet these animals with amazing ears. Back home the kids used what they learned from their new friends to find the sound - a teeny tiny cricket! What other great sounds are around? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#110H] Daniel Shares His Tigertastic Car/Katerina Shares Her Tutu Daniel Shares his Tigertastic Car - Daniel and his friends are playing together in the park. Daniel has a new toy car and struggles to share it with the others. But in the end, Daniel learns that sharing is easy when he knows he will get his special toy back. Katerina Shares her Tutu - Daniel is playing at Katerina's house and the friends decide to perform a Jungle Dance show. Daniel wants to be a lion, while Katerina decides to be a dancing flower, but both need the same tutu for their costume. Luckily, with Henrietta's help they find a way to share the tutu and perform a grr-ific Jungle Dance show! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#312] Caillou The Artiste * A Present for Mommy - Mommy's having a bad day - first she can't find her car keys, then she and Caillou have to shovel the car out, and then the car won't start! At playschool Caillou decides to make her a present to cheer her up. His first two attempts don't turn out but he perseveres and makes her a picture of a sun - to melt all the snow!
* Caillou the Chef - Jeffrey and Jason are coming over for dinner - it's a make-your-own pizza party! Caillou feels he is an expert at this and starts to show them how to do it. When the twins both opt for less-than-traditional ingredients Caillou is upset that they're doing it all wrong. In the end, however, their pizzas turn out just fine and Caillou learns that everyone has their own unique way of doing things.
* Caillou the Painter - Caillou's got a brand new painting shirt and decides to paint something for Grandma. He has a little trouble deciding what to paint. He wants to use all his colours and paint all his favourite shapes. Mommy tells him that paintings don't have to be about something and he proceeds to make his own abstract painting! Meanwhile Rosie and Daddy are pressing a flower for Grandma. When Grandma arrives she is thrilled with her very artistic gifts. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#405] Guest Monkey/Charkie Goes to School * Guest Monkey - George is almost as excited as Allie on her first day of school, but is ecstatic when she invites him to school the next day as a special guest monkey! He soon learns, though, that kindergarten has a lot of special rules that he's not used to - like not climbing on the furniture or standing in the sand table. Will George get extra credit for trying to follow the rules, or will his effort create one big mess?
* Charkie Goes to School - Charkie's building has a new rule - all dogs must have a good-behavior diploma from obedience school. After seeing Charkie struggle with the obstacle course, George recruits the academy's top alumni, Hundley, to help prepare Charkie for the final exam. Can George and Hundley figure out a way to get Charkie to cross the finish line amid all the distractions? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#132H] Stripy Safari/Wool * Stripy Safari - Nick and Sally set off on a safari with The Cat in the Hat to find all kinds of stripes. Along the way, Sally and Nick discover that stripes mean different things to different animals - the stripes of Jake the coral snake tells other animals to stay away, and Zelda and Zoran's zebra stripes help them to identify each other. And best of all, Cat discovers that his stripes are just right for him!
* Wool - Nick wants to learn how to knit a scarf like Sally, but they've run out of wool! A visit to Finola's Farm is the perfect place to get more. The Cat, Nick and Sally have fun helping Finola get the wool from Feleecia the sheep and then turning it into yarn. Now Sally can teach Nick how to knit his own scarf! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#146Z] Hansel and Gretel: A Healthy Adventure Red and her friends are having a picnic in the park, but she has no energy to join in the fun. Could it have something to do with her unhealthy snack choices? Super Why and his friends head into the story of Hansel and Gretel to meet the equally tired and grouchy witch. They convince the witch to trade in her gingerbread house for something both delicious and nutritious - and Red learns what kinds of foods will help her go the distance so she can play with her friends for a super long time! Educational Objectives: To learn which foods taste great while providing long-lasting energy! Young viewers will play interactive alphabet games, practice the magic of spelling, and use healthy eating choices to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#119H] King Cryolophosaurus/Buddy The Tracker * King Cryolophosaurus - Buddy, Tiny, Don and Mom meet a reclusive, singing dinosaur named King who has a big swooping crest on his head and a voice that sounds an awful lot like Elvis Presley.
* Buddy the Tracker - Buddy and Don are "footprint detectives" as they track and find creatures they know at the Big Pond. The plot thickens when they discover fossilized tracks that are millions of years old! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#106L] Cleo Comes to Town/False Friends * Cleo Comes To Town - In flashback, we see how Cleo shook everybody up when she first moved to Birdwell Island. T-Bone learns to accept her as a new friend, and also how to share an old friend (Clifford) with a new one.
* False Friends - When Cleo gets a new doggie playground and suddenly Mac is her new best friend, she starts ignoring Clifford and T-Bone! But Cleo soon learns that good friends stick by you through thick and thin.