TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, September 3, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAustin City Limits [#3501H] Dave Matthews Band Rock superstars the Dave Matthews Band kick off ACL's 35th season with hits and songs from their album Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
1:00 amShirley Temple: America's Little Darling [#506] By the age of four, Shirley Temple had become a film star adored by adults and children alike, and had already broken records at the box office. Her golden locks, rosy cheeks and million dollar smile were irresistible, and the only thing that surpassed the charm of those qualities was her rare talent for acting and entertaining. This program is a wonderful retrospective of Temple's life and times. Tommy Tune hosts this fun-filled, toe-tapping documentary about the amazingly precocious child star whose films saved a movie studio from bankruptcy, and arguably raised the morale of Depression-weary Americans. duration 59:27 STEREO TVG
2:00 amRoyal Memories: Prince Charles' Tribute to the Queen Prince Charles leads this touching tribute to his mother, adding insight and commentary and sharing never-before-seen home movies, including those of a young Prince Charles and his sister Princess Anne on a family holiday filmed by Queen Elizabeth herself. Archival news reels and previously unseen photographs from Her Majesty's private collection tell the story of the family during and after the Queen's Coronation in 1952. Exclusive footage taken behind the scenes on Coronation Day at Buckingham Palace of Queen Elizabeth in her dual role as both the Queen of England and loving mother is among the many glimpses into the private life of the royal family throughout her 60-year reign. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVG
3:00 amMasterpiece Mystery! [#4223#] Inspector Lewis, Series V: The Indelible Stain A controversial American academic is found strangled after a guest lecture at Oxford, leading Lewis and Hathaway to narrow down a list of motives that includes politics, ambition and vengeance, in order to find their culprit. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TV14 (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amImageMakers [#1006H] That's Just Love Sneakin' Up On You TABLE 7 - USA
A couple with relationship issues has an intimate conversation in an Asian restaurant, unaware that their every word is secretly being monitored. Directed by Marko Slavnic and Andrew McDonald. Principal cast: Ray Rosales, Stephanie Lozos and Isaac Kim.
CATAPLEXY - USA
Sidney suffers from cataplexy, an unusual medical condition where he becomes literally paralyzed when he is overcome with emotion. Rather than take that chance, he relies on impersonal sexual encounters to meet his physical needs. One night he is embarrassed to discover the call girl at his front door is an old friend from high school. The film was done as part of a competition where the film went from concept to screen in just 72 hours. Directed by John Salcido. Principal cast: Dave Tenenbaum and Michelle Noh.
CROSSWORD - Ireland
Heather is single with very few friends except for the barmaid in the pub she frequents after work everyday. Her favorite pastime is doing crossword puzzles. On the eve of her 40th birthday, she has a strange experience when all the answers to the day's crossword seem to be around her. Is it magic, coincidence or something else? In a crossword -- just like in life -- when lines meet and paths converge it is not a matter of luck, but rather part of a greater plan. The film was directed by Vincent Gallagher. Principle cast: Louise Lewis, Mark O'Shaughnessy, Maire Hastings, Andrew Bennett, and Kevin McDonough. duration 26:30 STEREO TVG
5:00 amSister Wendy at the Norton Simon Museum Sister Wendy Beckett, the world-famous "art nun," offers her unique and personal guide to one of the most extraordinary collections of Old Master, Impressionist, Modern and Asian art in America. Sister Wendy explores the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena, California which bears the hallmark of one private collector, its founder, Norton Simon. In her trademark manner, she offers her own inimitable reflections on some of the collection's most famous works and some of its lesser-known gems. She points out her personal favorites and reflects on Norton Simon's choices as well. duration 57:42 STEREO TV14
6:00 amRaggs [#129] Safety Razzles gets carried away with safety gear for playing at the park. Plus, Pido doesn't play safely with his teddy and Dr. B. Max tends to him at Teddy Hospital! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#140H] Seasons - Spring and Summer/Seasons - Fall and Winter * Seasons - Spring and Summer - For Show and Tell at school, Nick and Sally must bring something from their favourite season. But how can they choose which is their favourite? The Cat in the Hat takes them to the magical Garden of Seasons, where they can visit any season they like, any time they like! They meet three young animals and journey with them as they begin to grow up. Sally decides that she has two favourite seasons, and with the pictures taken from the Snaparama camera, she now has a scrapbook of pictures to show why! < br />* Seasons - Fall and Winter - It's Nick's turn to choose a favourite season. Back to the Garden of Seasons to visit Fall and Winter! In Fall, they meet up with their friends from Spring and Summer to have a going away party for Candy the goose who's about to fly south. In Winter, they have a great time playing with Sam the hare while all his other friends hibernate. Nick can't decide on just one season, so he makes a picture of all the fun they had in both seasons! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#101H] Daniel's Birthday/Daniel's Picnic Daniel's Birthday - It's Daniel's Birthday! Daniel is very excited to go to Baker Aker's Bakery with his mom to pick out a cake for his party. When they arrive home after a bumpy ride on Trolley, Daniel is disappointed to find that his cake is smushed. It turns out...smushed cake is yummy too! Daniel's Picnic - Daniel, Prince Wednesday and Miss Elaina are having a picnic in front of the clock factory. When it starts to rain, the picnic is ruined, leaving them very disappointed. The friends turn this around by having their picnic inside the clock factory instead. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#304] Caillou to the Rescue * Caillou Helps Out - Rosie is teething and just can't seem to fall asleep, so big brother Caillou decides to help. He sings her a song and finds her favourite bunny, but it isn't until he tells her a very imaginative bedtime story that she finally drifts off into the land of dreams.
* Caillou the Firefighter - The Fire chief visits Caillou's playschool to teach the children about fire drills. When Caillou is lifted up for a turn sitting in the big fire truck he imagines he is a firefighter himself hurrying though town to save the day. At the end of his turn Caillou announces he will be a firefighter when he grows up! The Fire Chief says he'd be glad to have Caillou on the team.
* Caillou to the Rescue - After a mischievous Rosie hides Caillou's cars between the cushions on the sofa, Leo and Caillou have a grand adventure pretending that they are tow truck drivers and crane operators rescuing the cars from their hiding places. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#402] The Big Picture/Juicy George * The Big Picture - George loves imitating the Cerulean Warbler's distinct chirp and is aghast when the Man with the Yellow Hat tells him that his favorite bird is on the endangered species list. Not to worry, the Man just wrote a book to make people aware that the bird needs assistance. But unfortunately, stores don't want to carry the book because, at 1,400 pages, it looks like a boring scientific tome. Fortunately, George runs into Steve who has lots of idea for promoting his lemonade stand. This prompts George to come up with an idea of his own -- paint an empty billboard with a razzle-dazzle picture to help promote the book. Easier said than done and even when done, will it help sell the book and spread the bird word?
* Juicy George - George has never seen a farmer's market before and finding one on his doorstep is just about the best thing ever -- until he drinks Juicy Jay's special blended juice and then that's the best thing ever! When the farmer's market leaves and there's no more juice, the Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide they need their own juicer. As they start to unpack their new purchase, the Man gets called away. A smart monkey can figure out a juicer on his own and recreate the special juice, right? It's certainly not as easy as it seems and certainly not a mess-free process! Although he has a few missteps (amazing how mushed vegetables can fly all the way to the ceiling), George masters the juicer. But will he be able to make the juice he and the Man think is the best ever? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102H] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#165] The Beach Day Mystery Whyatt and the other fairytale buddies have found a clue leading to treasure and they need a little help! So the superhero readers fly into The Beach Day Mystery where they set off on a swashbuckling scavenger hunt adventure filled with clues, pirates, and of course, treasure! Will Super Why and his friends be able to outsmart the trickiest pirate of them all? Educational Objectives: To learn how to figure out clues. Kids will follow the alphabet, rhyme with AIL words, and use the power to read to change the story! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#112H] One Small Dinosaur/T. Rex Migration * One Small Dinosaur - Mrs. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny to visit a Mikey Microraptor, one of the smallest of dinosaurs ever. Tiny is annoyed that Mikey is even smaller than she is, but Mikey looks up to Tiny as a role model.
* T. rex Migration - Buddy and Tiny go to visit their friend Annie Tyrannosaurus and discover she isn't home, so they follow clues and find her on a migration with her family. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#223] Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck * Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#118] A Promise Is A Promise/Share and Share Alike * A Promise is a Promise" - Evan promises to give Emily Elizabeth skateboarding lessons, but repeatedly breaks their plans when the captain of the basketball team, Bill Mazer, invites him to play ball. Evan learns the importance of keeping a promise.
* Share and Share Alike - The Community Center is having a book drive and the student who collects the most books will win a full set of Sarah Solver mysteries. Determined to win, Nina comes up with the perfect action plan for her and her teammates, Emily Elizabeth and Shun. But when the big day comes, she comes down with a bad cold and is unable to participate. Using Nina's plan, Shun and Emily Elizabeth set out without her and end up winning the set of mystery books. In the end, they realize that it was Nina's plan that enabled them to collect the record number of books, and they decide to share the prize with her.