TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
KQED 9: Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18052] (original broadcast date: 03/06/12)
* Coverage of Super Tuesday with Al Hunt of Bloomberg News, Mike Murphy of Time and Revolution Agency and Matthew Dowd of Bloomberg News & ABC News
* Jason Kilar, CEO of Hulu on the future of online video duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31177Z] This year's solid stock rally comes at a halt for now, thanks to worries about Greece and the economy. New York Correspondent Suzanne Pratt reports. Analysis of today's stock market drop. Wealth Manager John Taft talks to NBR Co-Anchor Susie Gharib. Super Tuesday is living up to its name, with one out of every five republican delegates at stake. Washington Bureau Chief Darren Gersh explains what today could mean for the rest of the campaign. What the health care industry wants to hear from President Obama. Universal Health CEO Alan Miller talks to NBR Co-Anchor Susie Gharib. Former financier Allen Stanford is found guilty of fraud. Houston Public Radio's Andrew Schneider reports. Alternative fuels take the spotlight as gas prices continue rise. Midwest Bureau Chief Diane Eastabrook reports from a major energy conference. The "Tiger Woods Effect." Ratings were up more than 75% thanks to his return to The Honda Classic. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amBig Band Vocalists This special looks back at the greatest "crooners" and "canaries" of the 1940s, featuring the greatest vocalists of the period when they started their careers performing with orchestras and dance bands, with the most popular singers ultimately becoming stars on their own. Among the legendary artists and timeless hits included in the rare, vintage footage are Louis Armstrong, Perry Como, Doris Day, Helen Forest with the Harry James Orchestra, Peggy Lee with The Benny Goodman Orchestra, Johnny Mercer & Margaret Whiting, Jo Stafford & The Pied Pipers with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, and many more favorites from the World War II era. Hosted by Nick Clooney & Peter Marshall. duration 1:57:53 STEREO TVG
3:30 amSuperstars of Seventies Soul Live (My Music) An exciting once-in-a-lifetime gathering with the legends of 1970s Motown, R&B, soul and disco artists - all original performers, singing their greatest "Jammin Oldies" hits. Soul diva Patti LaBelle hosts this special, recorded at the Borgata Ballroom in Atlantic City in 2003.
Preliminary Song List:
* Act One: Lady Marmelade - Patti LaBelle; Brick House - Commodores; Best Of My Love - Emotions; Oh Girl / Have You Seen Her - Chi Lites Reunion
* Act Two: Turn Back The Hands Of Time - Tyrone Davis; Right Back Where We Started From - Maxine Nightingale; You Are Everything / Betcha By Golly Wow - Stylistics; You Make Me Feel Brand New - Stylistics
* Act Three: If You Don't Know Me By Now - Harold Melvin's Blue Notes; Disco Inferno - Trammps; If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman; Boogie Nights - Heatwave; Always and Forever - Heatwave
* Act Four: Rock Your Baby - George McCrae; Love On A Two Way Street - Moments; Shining Star - Manhattans; We Are Family - Sister Sledge duration 2:29:02 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#156H] Space Raggs sees a falling star from the sky and when the dogs go to look for it, they find a Space Dog helmet - however, turns out it was Dumpster's bowl. The dogs help Razzles make a rocket project for Open House at Puppy Preschool - together they have to figure out what is in outer space. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amWild Kratts [#136H] A Bat in the Brownies When a little brown bat crashlands into a plate of Jimmy Z's famous brownies, Martin and Chris out set out to convince Aviva, Jimmy Z and Koki that bats are nothing to be afraid of. With bat activated Creature Power Suits, the bros follow join their new friend on a nocturnal fly about, and the entire crew must come to the rescue when the bat colony's roost is destroyed by a lightning bolt. In the end the Wild Kratts crew "goes batty," as they gain a new appreciation for bat ecology, predators and insects and echolocation, and learn to love bats. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
7:00 amArthur [#315] Arthur and D.W. Clean Up/The Long, Dull Winter Arthur just might make it to Happy Crazy Wow Day at the park--if he and D.W. can work together to clean both their rooms! In the second story, what's wrong with Arthur? Is he bored? In love? Arthur--and the rest of the gang--realize they are suffering from the January doldrums brought on by an acute lack of holidays. What's the cure? The kids decide to invent their own holiday. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#316] Caillou's Surprise * Caillou's Surprise - When Caillou accidentally breaks Mommy's favourite cup, Grandma suggests they make her a new one. Caillou goes to Grandma's pottery class where he learns how to make a cup, paint it with glaze and fire it. He's a little impatient about waiting overnight for it to be ready, but the final result is worth the wait. And Mommy loves her new cup!
* A Surprise for Miss Martin - When Caillou finds out that Miss Martin's birthday is coming up, he wants to do something very special for her. He, Leo and Clementine decide to throw her a surprise birthday party. Mommy helps them make cupcakes, then shows them how to make flowers out of coloured paper. The party is a huge success - Miss Martin is very surprised, she loves her flowers, and the cupcakes are delicious!
* A Surprise Sleepover - Sarah is playing at Caillou's house when a sudden rainstorm causes a power outage. It's a little scary at first, but when the candles are lit the situation turns into a fun adventure. Sarah's mom says she can sleep over so they make a little tent and pretend they're camping. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#127] The All-Animal Recycled Band/The Times of Sand * The All-Animal Recycled Band - George recruits Charkie, Gnocchi, Hundley and Compass to play in a band inspired by the firefighters at Rescue Squad 86. For instruments, George gets creative and uses keys, rice in a milk carton, a birdseed canister with rubber bands, and a pie tin. Now all he has to do is figure out a way to get two dogs, a cat, and a bird to play music together.
* The Times of Sand - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat have a sand castle building contest at the beach. With the help of Bill and Momma Bunny, George builds a great castle and learns about how to avoid losing your castle to the incoming tide. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#106H] Dress Up Day/Bathtime * Dress Up Day - Nick and Sally are playing dress up, but oh no! Sally's princess dress has torn, and mom doesn't have any silk thread to fix it. Cat takes them to his good friend Mindy, the silk caterpillar. Mindy shows them how she makes silk. Sally uses the silk thread to fix her swirly twirly princess dress!
* Bathtime - Nick and Sally have been playing in the mud, and now they need to get clean! The Cat in the Hat knows some friends who have some very wonderful ways to bathe! In Bana Bana Savanah, they meet three different animals who all keep clean in very different ways. Even though it was fun to try bathing how the animals do, Sally and Nick decide that good old soap and water works best for them! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#153Z] George and the Dragon FE FI FO FUM! The Giant has stepped on Pig's toy, and he's scared to ask for it back! The super readers venture into a classic tale to meet intrepid Knight George, who is about to face his own fears and battle a dragon to rescue a princess! But it turns out that George isn't quite so brave, and needs a little help...from an unexpected source!
Educational Objectives: To learn to appreciate where you're from. Kids will experiment with the alphabet, celebrate spelling and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#113H] Hootin' Hadrosaurs!/Hatching Party * Hootin' Hadrosaurs! - Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don meet Perry Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur with a crest on his head who teaches them a new way to hoot some hip music.
* Hatching Party - Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon attend an egg hatching party and meet their friend Cory Corythosaurus's new brothers and sisters. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#217] Clifford's Cookie Craving/Jetta's Friend Clifford's Cookie Craving - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Mr. Bleakman bakes a giant cookie for the Birdwell Fair, then leaves it unattended. Clifford gets one whiff of it and, try as he might, simply can't resist the temptation to taste it. Mr. Bleakman forgives the Big Dog when he realizes that everyone makes mistakes - including the mistake of leaving too big of a temptation in front of a child. Jetta's Friend - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend When her pen pal visits the island, nothing goes as Jetta planned, but to her own surprise, she has fun anyway! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#212] Heroes and Friends/The Cookie Crumbles * When I Grow Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful.
When Jetta hears that Charley wants to be a Martial Arts Master when he grows up, she gives him a hard time about it. But Jetta soon learns that everyone's dreams are valuable and worthy.
* Not Now, I'm Busy - Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others.
Clifford, Cleo and T-Bone go to KC's house to visit him, but K.C. tells the gang he's too busy to play and Cleo feels slighted. Later, when the dogs walk by K.C.'s house and see K.C.'s owner reading to him, Cleo's hurt is compounded. Eventually the dogs learn that K.C. is moving to the island to be an assistance dog. The dogs learn that even though sometimes friends aren't always available, they're still friends.