Revised California Budget, Latest Bay Bridge Safety Concerns
Revised California Budget
The state has taken in $6.7 billion dollars in additional revenue since January. Governor Jerry Brown said the surplus is not as big as it seems. Scott Shafer hosts a discussion.
• John Myers, senior editor of KQED's California Politics and Government Desk
• David Crane, lecturer at Stanford and president of Govern for California
• Jill Tucker, education reporter for San Francisco Chronicle
Latest Bay Bridge Safety Concerns
One of the hundreds of rods that hold the Bay Bridge together failed a key structural integrity test last week. The test results suggest that salt water may be causing the rods to corrode, threatening the new eastern span's foundation. Thuy Vu hosts a discussion.
• Jaxon Van Derbeken, investigative reporter for San Francisco Chronicle
• Steve Heminger, executive director of Metropolitan Transportation Commission
• Brian Maroney, chief bridge engineer at Caltrans
Faux Stone Panels generously donated by:
KQED NEWSROOM is a production of KQED.
Watch Fridays at 8pm on KQED Public Television 9, listen on Sundays at 6pm on KQED Public Radio 88.5 FM and watch on demand here. Repeat television broadcasts can be seen on KQED's digital channels.