This series follows Fred, a house cat who dreams of exploring the great outdoors. In each episode, once his family leaves for the day, Fred transforms into Nature Cat, "backyard explorer extraordinaire."
Nature Cat can't wait to get outside for a day of backyard nature excursions and bravery, but there's one problem: He's still a house cat with no instincts for nature. Like many of today's kids, Nature Cat is eager and enthusiastic about outside activities, but is at times intimidated by them.
With the help of his animal friends, Nature Cat embarks on action-packed adventures that include exciting missions full of nature investigation, "aha" discovery moments and humor, all while inspiring children to go outside and "play the show."
Playground-Palooza/Small But Big (#120) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Playground-Palooza - When Nature Cat, Squeeks, Daisy and Hal learn that their city dog friend Sadie is sad because she really misses playing with her friends out in nature, Nature Cat has a great idea to make her feel better. They will bring the nature fun to Sadie right in the middle of the city! The gang loves the idea, but there is one small question: how are they going to bring nature into the city?! Small But Big - Squeeks is so excited because today is The Small But Big Art Fair, and she is making a small but big masterpiece for it! The others are excited to go see it, but getting there proves to be difficult because the directions are really for small creatures and will require Daisy, Nature Cat and Hal to use magnifying glasses to help them get there.
Stop That Squirrel/Onward and Pondward (#125H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Stop That Squirrel - Oh yeah! Nature Cat and his pals can't wait for a day of backyard bird watching! And Nature Cat has a sure-fire way to attract the birds - the bird feeder! But things take a turn when a grey squirrel named Cruiser breaks into the birdfeed and takes all the birdseed for himself. Squirrel Power! Can Nature Cat and the gang build a bird feeder that Cruiser can't conquer and save their day of backyard bird watching? Onward and Pondward - Nature Cat and his pals meet a Little Duckling who's in a hurry to leave his pond home - for good! But why would a Duckling want to leave such a beautiful place? It's pond-tastic! The truth is, the Duckling is scared of water! Water...why'd it have to be water? Maybe Nature Cat and the Duckling can try to overcome their fear of water together? Tally ho!
Slime Time/Rock Stars (#121) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Slime Time - Nature Cat can't wait to play with his favorite yarn ball! But when he goes to take it out of its super secret hiding spot? ...it's gone?! Where could it be? The gang sets out to find the culprit and rescue Nature Cat's favorite toy. Along they way they find help from an unlikely slimey source. Onward and Yarnward! Rock Stars - Squeeks can't wait to show off her favorite rock at her Rock Stars meeting. She thinks she has a good chance to become The Rock Star of the Month! But things don't go as planned when Hal mistakes Squeeks' rock for a ball, causing the rock to roll away. Get that rock!
Appily Ever After/Sound Off (#126H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Appily Ever After - It's Fall! Apple picking season! But Hal wants to know - how did the apples get up in the trees? An apple fairy? A magic spell? The internet? And how long does it take? Long time? Short time? No time? So many questions! That reminds Nature Cat of his all-time favorite nature story, which will help answer all of Hal's apple questions. It's time to tell Nature Cat's version of Johnny Appleseed! Sound Off - Man-oh-man! What's that noise?! Daisy keeps hearing the most annoying beeping sound and it's coming from across the lake. The terrible sound is even upsetting the lake fish and if it doesn't stop soon, the fish could be in big trouble! Can Nature Cat and his pals find where the rogue sound is coming from and stop the boisterous blaring beeps? Onward and soundward!
Gimme Shelter/Goin' Batty (#122H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Gimme Shelter - The gang cannot wait to get to Lookout Point, the premiere spot to watch sunsets! It's supposed to be beautiful and colorful! They run on, nothing can stop them now! Uh oh, spoke to soon! A change in the weather does stop them, as it gets really cloudy and windy! Squeeks thinks it's going to rain! Can the gang find shelter before the dastardly downpour? Tally ho!
* Goin' Batty - Nature Cat can't wait to get to Cocono Cave! At dusk the bats fly out all together into the early evening sky! It's supposed to be an amazing nature sight! But getting there proves to be a big problem for Nature Cat, who has a series of mishaps, leaving him to question his love of nature. Gasp! Oh no, say it isn't so!
The Great Grasshopper Race/Fall for Hal (#119) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
The Great Grasshopper Race - Hal's grasshopper buddy Dustin Hopman will be competing today in the Great Grasshopper Race. Hal has been training him, and now there is no doubt that Dustin is ready to go! But before the race starts, Dustin inexplicably hops off into the woods. It's up to the gang to find Dustin and bring him back before the race starts. But looking for a small green bug turns out to be more easily said than done! Fall For Hal - The first day of fall is Hal's favorite day of the year. It's when he always goes on his First Day of Fall Scavenger Hunt. But there is a big problem this year. Hal is sick and can't get out of bed! When it looks like Hal is in for some major disappointment today, Nature Cat comes up with a great idea: they will bring fall, and all the items on his scavenger list, to Hal!
- PBS Kids: Sat, Apr 1, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 2, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Mon, May 15, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Fri, May 26, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, May 27, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, May 28, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, May 29, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
Ice Is Nice/Bird's Eye View (#124H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Ice is Nice - A fun-filled day of ice-skating takes a turn when Nature Cat's beloved hot cocoa Hug Mug mysteriously breaks. But wait Ronald's favorite Bug Mug breaks too. Who would want to break not one but TWO mugs? Hal thinks there is a mug breaker around! Will the gang track down the Mug Breaker? Or will Ronald and Nature Cat never be able to enjoy hot cocoa on a cold day again?
* Bird's Eye View - Hal wakes from the greatest dream ever, he was a real live birdie, flying through the sky, diving into treetops, perching on branches! It was bird-errific! Hal would do anything to be a bird for just one day and Nature Cat will do anything to make his buddy's dream come true, but making Hal a bird won't be as easy as it seems!
The Shell Game/Heron Food Blues (#129H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* The Shell Game - Nature Cat and his pals are ready to play Ronald in their five-player volleyball championship match of the world! They've been practicing all week and are so ready! There's only one problem: their fifth player, Herbert the Hermit Crab, is having a little shell trouble. His shell doesn't fit anymore and he can't play volleyball without one. Can Nature Cat and the gang find the perfect shell to protect Herbert's little crabby belly in time for the game? Or will they be forced to forfeit, making Ronald the champion?
* Heron Food Blues - It's the annual Net-A-Fish-And-Toss-It-Back-A-Thon over at the pond! But something's not right - Nature Cat and his pals have netted exactly...no fish. Last year there were so many fish they couldn't net 'em fast enough. Where did all the fish go? The answer comes from an unlikely source - Flo the Heron, who lives at the pond and hasn't had a good fish dinner in days. Nature Cat will do whatever it takes to find some fish for Flo. Onward and fishward!
Heartthrob Hamster/Astronuts (#101H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
*Heartthrob Hampster - Nature Cat's family is pet-sitting their neighbor's super cute hamster, Sir Galahad. But when Hal "accidentally" knocks the top off the cage, Sir Galahad runs away, claiming he'll never go back in the cage, ever! It's up to Nature Cat and the gang to track down Sir Galahad, and get him in his cage before the owners get back.
* Astronuts - Nature Cat has a dream, to be the first cat to walk on the moon. Daisy, Squeeks and Hal have always wanted to go to the moon too, so they're in! But there's one slight problem - how do they get to the moon? Daisy has an idea - they can build a rocket ship! Onward to the moon!
The Legend of Gold Gardens/Winter Dance Party (#123H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* The Legend of Gold Gardens - Nature Cat and the gang uncover a map to The Gardens of Gold! Some say it's just a neighborhood legend, others say, it's "Sparkly gold as far as eyes can see, endless riches for you and me." There's only one way to find out the truth! Time for an adventure! But the adventure won't be easy, the way to The Gardens of Gold looks physically challenging there are a lot of tough obstacles. Will the gang make it to the treasure? Or will the Wall of Tall stand in their way? Tally ho!
* Winter Dance Party - Today is the Winter Solstice! It's the shortest day of the year! Daisy's family always celebrates the return of longer days with the Winter Solstice Dance Party, but there's one slight problem. Daisy forgot to get ready for the party and there's so much to do and so little time to do it! Will Daisy get the party ready for the Bunny Family to celebrate the Winter Solstice?!
Muck Amok/Follow Those Footprints (#102H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Muck Amok - Squeeks' cousin Marvin needs big-time help, right away! His marsh home is in danger of flooding! Tally ho! Nature Cat and his pals are called into action to investigate and figure out how to stop the flooding before more animals are forced to leave their marsh homes.
* Follow Those Footprints - Tally ho, it's Nature Art Day! An extremely excited Nature Cat proudly unveils his latest nature masterpiece - a statue of himself made out of acorns. But there's a slight problem: the statue's acorn head is gone! Uh-oh, where'd it go? !
Breezy Rider/Swamp Thing (#103H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Breezy Rider - Nature Cat and his pals are enjoying a windy day by flying kites in the park. But the merriment takes a turn when a strong gust of wind blows Squeeks' kite up into the sky with Squeeks still holding onto it! Nature Cat, Daisy and Hal snap to action, chasing the kite to get Squeeks, tally ho!
* Swamp Thing - Daisy is determined to find out once and for all if the legendary creature, Swamp Thing, is real or not. Squeeks, Hal, Daisy and a terrified Nature Cat head out to the swamp to investigate the sights, sounds and smells to get actual proof if Swamp Thing really exists. Yikes!
The Treasure of Bad Dog Bart/Pet Sounds (#104H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* The Treasure of Bad Dog Bart - While digging a hole to bury his bone, Hal uncovers Bad Dog Bart's treasure map. Legend has it that Bag Dog Bart stole the neighborhood dogs' toys, and buried them in a treasure chest for himself! No fair! Nature Cat and his pals must decipher the map so they can right this wrong, find Bad Dog Bart's treasure chest and return all of the stolen dog toys!
* Pet Sounds - The Nature Cat Band is ready for The Battle of the Pet Bands! They've been practicing for weeks and cannot wait to compete! But right before the band battle is set to begin, a mishap launches all of their instruments into the ocean! How can they make music and compete with no instruments? Oh no!
Spring Hunter 3000/The Case of the Missing Moon (#127H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Spring Hunter 3000 - Spring has sprung! And it's now time for Daisy's favorite online game: Spring Hunter 3000! The goal of the game is to try and find as many signs of spring as possible: birds, flowers, you name it. The more you find, the more points you get. And whoever gets the most points is deemed the Queen or King of spring! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!
* The Case of the Missing Moon - Hal is so so so sad! When he went to howl at the moon, like he does every night, the moon was? gone! But that's impossible! How does a moon just disappear? There has to be a logical explanation, right? Can Nature Cat and his pals find the missing moon? Or will Hal's nightly howls come to an end for good?
- KQED 9: Mon, Apr 10, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, Apr 10, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, Apr 18, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Tue, Apr 18, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, Apr 22, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, May 23, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Tue, May 30, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Wed, May 31, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
Mighty Mountain Climbers/Bug Eating Plants! (#130H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Mighty Mountain Climbers - On a dare from Ronald, Nature Cat and his pals try to climb all the way up to The Mighty Mountain Peak. They get all the supplies they need, and head out, led by Nature Cat. But they soon find out that hiking up a mountain is hard, and poses many problems no matter how prepared you are. Will they make it all the way to the peak?!
* Bug Eating Plants! - A super excited Squeeks shows her brand-new, homemade comic "Bug Eating Plants of The Swamp!" to her pals. As Squeeks begins to read the story, we see this action packed adventure played out, as tiny Nature Cat, Hal, Daisy and Squeeks must make their way through the swamp while trying to stay away from the Bug Eating Plants, which proves difficult for Tiny Hal!
- KQED 9: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Wed, Apr 12, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Thu, Apr 20, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Fri, Apr 21, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, Apr 24, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, May 30, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
Flight of the Firefly/Thunderstruck (#134H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
The Flight of The Firefly - While looking for fireflies in the backyard, Hal catches one so the gang can look closely at it and watch it glow. Hal names the firefly George and promises to watch it and hug it and then set it free which he does, but for some reason George doesn't want to fly away and hangs around Hal. George seems to have something on his mind. Since no one can communicate with a firefly, they call in Houston. With the help of his firefly communicator, they find out that George is lost and needs help finding the Firefly Fiesta! Thunderstruck - It's Nature Scrapbook Day today! Nature Cat and his pals are out in nature, taking photos, drawing pictures and collecting various aspects of nature to put in their nature scrapbook. Suddenly, a thunderstorm causes the gang to seek shelter in Hal's doghouse. As Nature Cat and his friends learn thunderstorms are nothing to be scared of, they also are able to see the beauty of thunderstorms, which become the last entry in their scrapbook.
- KQED 9: Wed, Apr 12, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Wed, Apr 12, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Thu, Apr 13, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, Apr 15, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 16, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Apr 20, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Fri, Apr 21, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, Apr 22, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Wed, May 31, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
Plants Got The Moves/Magnet Mania (#135H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Plants Got the Moves - Daisy has being getting ready for months for the Animal Science Fair, which is later on in the woods. Man-oh-man is Daisy ready with her terrific exhibit, which shows how bean seeds grow. But before going to the fair, a gust of wind blows, knocking over her science fair project and ruining it. Daisy needs help to try and find another science project to exhibit at the Animal Science Fair and gets inspiration from an unlikely source: plants that move! Magnet Mania - You ever hear of Ole' Lucky the Lodestone? Well, it's only the biggest magnetic rock the word's ever seen that can attract things with iron in it, and the final destination for the gang's celebration of Magnet Mania! But there is one problem, how do they go North to get to Ole' Lucky when they have no compass?
- KQED 9: Thu, Apr 13, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Thu, Apr 13, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Fri, Apr 14, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 16, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, Apr 17, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Mon, Apr 24, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, Apr 24, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Tue, Apr 25, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, Apr 29, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 30, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
Return to Mighty Mountain/Welcome to the Vernal Pond (#138H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Return To Mighty Mountain - There is no giving up for Nature Cat and his pals. After failing to reach the peak of the Mighty Mountains, they are going to try to hike all the way up again! But this time, they have a surprise: help from an unlikely, yet extremely experienced, mountain climber to guide them - Granny Bunny! Welcome to the Vernal Pond - While playing in the woods, Nature Cat and his pals come across Fern, a spotted salamander who just so happens to be pregnant, and ready to have her babies! But she needs help getting to the safest spot in the woods to have her babies, the vernal pond. Nature Cat knows these woods like the back of his hand, and he has never heard of or seen the vernal pond. Fern cannot wait to show them why!
- KQED 9: Fri, Apr 14, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Fri, Apr 14, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, Apr 15, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, Apr 25, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Thu, Apr 27, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Sun, Apr 30, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, Apr 30, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, May 1, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
Earth Day Today/Earth Day Every Day (#117H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Earth Day Today - It's Earth Day today! Hooray! To celebrate, Nature Cat, Squeeks, Daisy and Hal go on a nature hike over to Butterfly Hills. But they don't get too far because they keep running into plastic bags blowing in the wind. Upon closer inspection, they see these plastic bags come from a local supermarket, so Nature Cat calls for a change in Earth Day plans. Now they will celebrate Earth Day by alerting the supermarket of their plastic bag problem!
* Earth Day Every Day - With an earth-friendly alternative in place for the supermarket plastic bag problem, Nature Cat and his pals look to get back to their Earth Day hike celebration but are once again sidetracked. This time it's by a plastic bottle floating in a stream. Trying to get this one plastic bottle out of nature and into a recycling can takes them on a perilous, action-packed journey through the waterways, ending up in the ocean where they see more plastic waste! But it's also where they learn that Earth Day is every day.
Runaway Pumpkin/Lady Bug Tough (#128H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Runaway Pumpkin - Daisy has grown the biggest, most beautiful pumpkin and wants to get it to the Halloween Party. But getting this huge pumpkin there is easier said than done. Travel trouble isn't the only problem; their biggest challenge ends up being what to do with the pumpkins after Halloween.
* Lady Bug Tough - Uh oh, there is big trouble in Daisy's rose garden! The rose bushes should bloom into gorgeous, colorful roses but they're not, and it's all because of these tiny little aphids that are eating the leaves and damaging the roses! Noooooo! How do they stop them? Daisy calls in the expert - Granny Bunny - who says they need to find some tiny beetles called ladybugs. That should do the trick!
Cave Conundrum/Daisy's Colossal Fossil (#105H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Cave Conundrum - While playing catch, Hal's beloved flying disc Harold is accidentally flung into a cave. Oh no! Hal is so worried for his toy! Nature Cat, Squeeks, Daisy and Hal must venture into the cave to find Harold, and along the way learn a little bit about cave exploration.
* Daisy's Colossal Fossil - While digging in her garden, Daisy unearths a giant fossil, which belonged to a Wooly Mammoth! Wondering about what life was like back then leads Daisy's imagination to take over as she and her pals go back to explore prehistoric times!
There's Gold in Them Thar Hills/Nature Cat and Mr. Hide (#106H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* There's Gold in Them Thar Hills - Squeeks accidentally finds a small nugget of gold in the park stream, but then she inadvertently loses it! To make her feel better, Nature Cat ventures back to the stream to do all he can to try and find another piece of gold for Squeeks.
* Nature Cat and Mr. Hide - Nature Cat hopes to finally beat Ronald at the Neighborhood Hide 'N' Seek Championship - Cat Edition. His chances for victory improve when his pals introduce him to what a lot of animals use in the wild: camouflage. Can Nature Cat master camouflage and stay hidden in plain sight to capture the crown? Not if Ronald has his say!
Where Have All the Butterflies Gone?!/For the Birdies! (#107H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Where Have All the Butterflies Gone?! Oh no! A long-awaited play date with Daisy's butterfly friends is at risk because there are no flowers around for the butterflies to feed on. When all seems lost, Nature Cat steps up to save the day. He and his pals decide to build a new butterfly garden before the butterflies have to fly off.
* For the Birdies! - With winter approaching, and the neighborhood birds' food sources dwindling, Nature Cat, Squeeks, Hal and Daisy set out to build bird feeders, to give the birds a much needed food boost for the winter months. But building the feeders and setting out the food is much easier said than done!
Ants Revolution/Tide Pool Tough (#108) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Ants Revolution - A surprise picnic for Squeeks turns into a cheesecake chase scene, as ants steal Squeeks' surprise dessert! Nature Cat and his pals try to get the dessert back for Squeeks, but watch as the ants bring the cheesecake down into their ant hill! Oh no! Tide Pool Tough - A day at the beach is not so fun for Nature Cat as he watches his pals having tons of fun surfing in the ocean. Nature Cat would love to join them but he is scared of the water! Possible help for Nature Cat comes from an unlikely source - the tide pool creatures who try to get him to feel more comfortable in the water. Can Nature Cat become tide pool tough, and then join his friends surfing?
Stream and Shout/Hal's Day Off (#109) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Stream and Shout - Nature Cat goes to his Nature Curiosity List for inspiration, and finds number 73: "Where do streams begin?" This seemingly simple question leads the gang on an action-packed adventure, as they follow the stream uphill, exploring new environments and meeting all sorts of friendly critters. When they finally find out where the stream begins they are whoa-ho-ho amazed! Hal's Day Off - After a silly mishap leaves Hal alone in the big city (well, he does have his chew-toy Mr. Chewinsky with him), it's up to Nature Cat, Squeeks and Daisy to make their way to the city and find Hal! Tally ho! Even though Hal is having so much fun sightseeing, he will need to get home somehow. When Nature Cat, Squeeks and Daisy can't locate Hal, they turn to animals that they never even knew lived in the city for help!
Tally Ho! A Rainbow/Travelin' Seeds (#110) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Tally Ho! A Rainbow - After a rainstorm (Nature Cat is sure glad it's over!) Daisy wants to capture a picture of a rainbow for her Granny Bunny who just loves rainbows! But finding a rainbow is easier said than done, as the four friends trek all over in search of it! Travelin' Seeds - When Daisy finds a beautiful flower in her garden that she didn't plant, it's up to Nature Cat and his pals to find out where the flower came from. Their investigation leads them through the park and into the woods where the clues show them that seeds can actually travel far distances and grow where they land.
Hooray, It's Arbor Day/Goodnight, Gracie (#111) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Hooray, It's Arbor Day - While celebrating Arbor Day and their love for trees in the forest, a heavy wind blows Squeeks' favorite climbing tree halfway over. How could something like this happen, and on Arbor Day no less?! It's up to Nature Cat and his pals to try and save the tree, for Squeeks, for all the critters that live in the tree and for Arbor Day! Goodnight, Gracie - Squeeks' play date with her pal Gracie the toad has to be cut short because it's time for Gracie to hibernate for the spring. When Gracie needs help getting ready for hibernating, Nature Cat is there to lead the way. If he can just stop calling her a frog instead of a toad, Nature Cat might be able to save the day.
Ze Worm Whisperer/Love You, Michael Bluejay (#112) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
* Ze Worm Whisperer - Daisy needs help getting her new garden ready for planting! She needs worms, lots of them, to live in the soil to keep it healthy! But since Nature Cat is scared of worms (and we are talking really scared!) another superhero comes on the scene to lend a paw in finding worms, Hal's alter-ego Ze Worm Whisperer! Curriculum: When you need to improve your soil so healthy plants will grow, add earthworms and decaying plant material.
* Love You, Michael Bluejay - When Nature Cat and his pals hear that their favorite singer Michael Bluejay will be performing a concert later in the day, they are so there! But the concert is all the way at the end of Sundown hiking path, and they've never been there. Nature Cat leads his pals on an adventure to get to the concert, but forgets about rule number one: don't stray from the hiking path! Curriculum: When you are going for a hike to explore a new place, plan ahead; you may get thirsty, hungry, tired and maybe even lost!
Star Gazers/A Jump to Remember (#113) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Star Gazers = Nature Cat, Daisy, Squeeks and Hal are so excited for tonight! They are going star gazing and are hoping to see some shooting stars! They are all ready, they have their blankets and pillows and hot cocoa and a star map of the sky! There's only one thing they didn't count on - Nature Cat falling asleep! A Jump To Remember - Nature Cat has been trying to get into the Animal Book of World Records forever, and it looks like he is down to his last chance as he tries to be the champion animal snow ski jumper. But there is just one slight problem: there is no snow on the ground on this winter's day! He can't snow ski jump without snow! When all seems lost, and Nature Cat's dream seems dashed, the gang has an idea - is it possible to actually create their own snow? Tally ho!
- KQED 9: Mon, May 8, 2017 -- 8:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Fri, May 19, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, May 20, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sat, May 20, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, May 21, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
- PBS Kids: Sun, May 21, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- PBS Kids: Mon, May 22, 2017 -- 2:00am Remind me
Happy Halentine's Day/The Groundhog Way (#114H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Happy Halentine's Day - Tah-dee! It's Valentine's Day, Hal's most favorite holiday of all! And to celebrate, every year Hal shows his love by handing out cards, flowers and candy to all of his Valentines, ending with a super special delivery of love to his mommy! But there's a slight problem this year, Hal forgot to buy the gifts! Oh no, Valentine's Day is ruined! Never fear! Nature Cat has an idea - they can reuse items found in nature and quickly make their very own Nature Valentines!
* The Groundhog Way - It's Groundhog Day! Today the Groundhog should tell our pals if Spring will come early or if Winter will stay around longer. But the Groundhog has a different plan for this year, do nothing! He is not going to come out of his burrow to make a weather prediction! Oh no! Why? Because in the last ten years he's been right only five times. He can't stand the pressure and thinks it's time for someone else to do his job. Without the Groundhog, how will anyone know if spring will come early this year? It's up to Nature Cat to save the day, to fill in for the Groundhog and make his very own weather prediction! Wait, how is he going to do that?!
Kingdom of Rotting Log/Can You Dig It? (#115) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Kingdom of Rotting Log - Sound the royal horns! Baa-baaa-baaaa! Today, Nature Cat, Squeeks, Hal and Daisy want to build their royal castle in the woods, for a day of royal play! But the build doesn't go so smoothly because there is a rotting log in the way of where they want to put their castle. In trying to remove the log, our gang finds out how important rotting logs are. Can You Dig It? - Today, Nature Cat and his pals look to answer question number 73 on Nature Cat's Nature Curiosity List: if they keep digging a hole deeper and deeper, where will they end up? With the help of Daisy's homemade Earthbreaker One machine and their imaginations, our gang goes onward and downward, through the earth, and winds up somewhere very surprising.
Mud Love/Call It A Night (#116) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Mud Love - To bring Hal's dream of Mud Appreciation Day to fruition, all his pals must lend a muddy hand, collecting different kinds of mud and setting up for the super fun and super messy celebration. But there is one slight problem, Nature Cat doesn't like mud and really wants no part of any of it! Call It a Night - While playing flashlight tag at night, Nature Cat's hat falls off his head onto the ground, and then surprises everyone by scattering off into the dark night! An already scared Nature Cat is now sad, worried that he will never wear his beloved Nature Cat hat again! They'll never be able to find it, it's so dark! Squeeks comes to the rescue with a great idea: to act like other nighttime animals and use some of their other senses to find it.
Woodpecker Picks A Place/Here Comes The Sun (#118) Duration: 28:55 STEREO TVY
Woodpecker Picks a Place - Nature Cat's band practice keeps getting interrupted by a loud knocking on Hal's doghouse. Upon investigating, the gang finds a woodpecker pecking away at Hal's roof! In trying to stop the woodpecker to save Hal's roof, and allow them to get back to band practice, the gang finds out more about woodpeckers and what exactly this one is looking for. Here Comes the Sun - Tally ho! Today Nature Cat leads his pals on an amazing adventure, to go see the Golden Sunstone! All is going well on the trek over until Nature Cat accidentally breaks the compass! Uh oh, now how are they going to tell which direction to go in? As Nature Cat panics, Squeeks, Daisy and Hal find other ways to determine which direction to go and save the day!