Secrets of Highclere Castle
Duration: 56:46 STEREO TVPG
It may be more famous now than any time in its 1300-year history as the setting of "Downton Abbey," but England's Highclere Castle has its own stories to tell. In its heyday, Highclere was the social epicenter of Edwardian England. See how all the inhabitants of Highclere lived, from the aristocrats who enjoyed a life of luxury to the army of servants toiling "below stairs." Also find out how the current inhabitants, Lord and Lady Carnarvon, spend $1 million in annual upkeep funds and what life in a fairytale castle is like today.
- KQED 9: Sun, Jul 21, 2013 -- 8:00pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Mon, Jul 22, 2013 -- 2:00am email reminder
- KQED Life: Sat, Jul 27, 2013 -- 10:30pm email reminder
- KQED Life: Sun, Jul 28, 2013 -- 4:30am email reminder
- KQED 9: Sun, Jul 28, 2013 -- 7:00pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 -- 1:00am email reminder
Also on KQED.org this week ...
"The Bay Bridged" Music for June
Listen the The Bay Bridged mix of bands performing live in the Bay Area this month, including The Mantles, Cold Cave, The Spyrals, Blitzen Trapper, Monster Rally, and more. Enjoy the podcast and then go see some concerts!
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business, here in California.