Clifford The Big Red Dog
Based on the popular Scholastic book series by Norman Bridwell about the lovable oversized canine with his head in the clouds but four paws planted firmly on the ground, Clifford presents a larger-than-life view of the world. With his loving human, Emily Elizabeth, and dog pals, Cleo and T-Bone, Clifford inhabits a colorful island community, inviting viewers on a fun-filled journey through childhood, navigating the dips and curves along the way. The series emphasizes good citizenship and the importance of community. Each episode concludes with a component of Clifford's Big Ideas" - 10 different attributes children learn to embrace - which leaves them with something to think about and practice in their lives.
Clifford The Big Red Dog Previous Broadcasts
That's Snow Lie/A Friend In Need (Episode #201)
KQED Kids: Tue, May 3, 2016 -- 10:30 AM
* That's Snow Lie - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself Cleo pretends to hurt her paw so she won't have to embarrass herself on the ice rink
* A Friend In Need - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Jetta insists on taking on a big job without help so she can be a " hero."
Who Moved My Bone/Clifford The Pirate King (Episode #216)
KQED Plus: Tue, May 3, 2016 -- 7:00 AM
* Who Moved My Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be A Good Friend When Cleo accuses T-Bone of trying to steal her bone, Clifford gets caught in the middle of his two feuding friends. His efforts finally pay off when Cleo and T-Bone realize that their friendship is worth more than a silly old bone.
* Clifford the Pirate King - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together After reading the book Treasure Island in school, the kids decide to throw a "Treasure Island" theme party. Clifford helps them prepare for the festivities on Charley's houseboat. But once the party begins, they discover Clifford is too big for the boat. The kids choose to relocate the party rather than let Clifford feel left out.
Blanket Blues/Dino Clifford (Episode #140)
KQED Kids: Mon, May 2, 2016 -- 10:30 AM
* Blanket Blues - Cleo spies Clifford's favorite blanket - one he has had since he was a puppy - and proclaims it the perfect cape for Super T-bone. Clifford reluctantly allows his friends to use the blanket, if they promise to bevery careful. The game turns rambunctious, the blanket gets dirty and Clifford gets upset. Cleo and T-bone realize that to be a good friend you should listen to and respect the wishes and property of others.
* Dino Clifford - Vaz's big sister Teresa is home from college and ready to dig for dinosaur bones & fossils on Birdwell Island! Who more perfect to help her dig than Clifford and his dog friends? Everybody has great luck digging up fossils that will complete a dinosaur skeleton that Teresa is piecing together - everybody but T-bone that is. But by believing in himself, T-bone ultimately comes up with one of the most important bones needed to complete the job.
Another Fine Mess/King Mac (Episode #215)
KQED Plus: Mon, May 2, 2016 -- 7:00 AM
* Another Fine Mess - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible When Emily Elizabeth puts off the responsibility of cleaning her room, the mess grows until she can't find anything. She spends so much time trying to find things that she misses out on fun activities like reading to Clifford and playing with her friends. She soon learns that taking care of responsibility now can save a lot of trouble later.
* King Mac - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful When T-Bone thinks he is responsible for getting Mac in trouble, he goes overboard to help Mac in any way he can. But Mac shows a lack of respect for their friendship by taking advantage of his little friend's guilt.
Potluck Party Pooper/The Best Gift (Episode #136)
KQED Kids: Sun, May 1, 2016 -- 10:30 AM
* Potluck Party Pooper - The Howards are having a party and everyone they know will be attending. Everyone but Mr. Bleakman, that is. The old party pooper insists that he'd rather stay home and do his usual Saturday afternoon routine. But Clifford and Emily Elizabeth and her friends wont give up on trying to convince Mr. Bleakman that trying something new can be fun! Finally they are able to convince him to join them and a great time is had by all.
* The Best Gift - Emily Elizabeth believes she has the perfect gift for her mothers birthday. She plans to spend the entire afternoon with her mother and the reading of a poem written just for her mom. Charley agrees that the gift is perfect, but Jetta has other ideas. Emily Elizabeth agrees to at least try some of Jetta's ideas. But in the end she realizes that the gift she created from her heart really is the best gift.