To The Contrary with Bonnie Erbe
This all-female news analysis program, hosted by Bonnie Erbe, examines major issues of the day with participants of all ethnic and political backgrounds.
To The Contrary with Bonnie Erbe Previous Broadcasts
KQED World: Sat, May 26, 2012 -- 10:30 AM
REPUBLICAN WOMEN SHIFT FOCUS: House Republicans launched the "Women's Policy Committee," a caucus to showcase female lawmakers. Panelists discuss how this new perspective will get more women involved.
PINK COLLAR GOES BLUE: In today's unstable economy, more men are finding job security in fields previously dominated by women. Panelists debate what this means for gender roles, particularly in the job market.
MODEL ALLIANCE: A new organization lobbies for better working conditions of models in the United States.
Panelists: Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC); Republican Commentator Mercy Viana Schlapp; Conservative Blogger Crystal Wright; Former Judge and Federal Prosecutor Debra Carnahan.
- KQED World: Sun, May 27, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
KQED World: Sat, May 19, 2012 -- 10:30 AM
MAJORITY MINORITY: For the first time in US history, white newborns are outnumbered by babies of color.
WOMEN ON THE FRONT LINES: The US Army recently made history by officially opening jobs in combat battalions to women, but direct ground combat roles are still exclusive to men.
FOREIGN SERVICE: TTC travels to China to explore the role the US Foreign Service plays in diplomacy overseas.
Panelists: Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC); Public Notice Executive Director Gretchen Hamel; Politic365 Senior Editor Alicia Menendez; Independent Women's Forum Senior Fellow Nicole Kurokawa Neily; Assistant Secretary of State Janice Jacobs.
- KQED World: Sun, May 20, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
KQED World: Sat, May 12, 2012 -- 10:30 AM
* President Obama endorses gay-marriage. How will voters respond?
* More women are paying alimony and child support. A sign of progress?
* Mother's Day and Single Motherhood. Interview with Former US Treasurer Bay Buchanan about her book "Bay and her Boys." < br />Panelists: Former Judge and Federal Prosecutor Debra Carnahan, Former EEOC Chair Cari Dominguez, Republican Strategist Cheri Jacobus, Voto Latino Executive Director Maria Teresa Kumar.
- KQED World: Sun, May 13, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
KQED World: Sat, May 5, 2012 -- 10:30 AM
WOMEN: OBAMA OR ROMNEY?: As President Obama reminds women about his commitment in a new online graphic, Romney tells women the President's policies are hostile towards them.
"RADICAL" NUNS?: The Vatican releases a letter scolding American nuns for themes of radical feminism.
NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNERS 2011: Women's rights advocates and Nobel Peace Prize recipients reflect on their work and stress the need for women globally to speak up against inequality.
Panelists: Former US Treasurer Bay Buchanan; Global Summit of Women President Irene Natividad; Conservative Commentator Tara Setmayer; NOW Action Vice President Erin Matson.
- KQED World: Sun, May 6, 2012 -- 2:00 PM