Barney & Friends
A unique blending of education and entertainment for preschool children. Each episode emphasizes language and cognitive development, physical activity and social interaction.
Barney & Friends Previous Broadcasts
Rabbits/Listen (Episode #1410H)
KQED Kids: Fri, Feb 5, 2016 -- 10:00 AM
* Rabbits - BJ is pretending to be a great detective. But all great detectives need a mystery to solve! One quickly comes his way when an animal nibbles on one of Baby Bop's healthy snacks. BJ, Barney, and Baby Bop uncover several clues along the way and soon realize the animal is someone's pet rabbit.
* Listen - When Riff hears a mysterious sound in the park, he plays detective, trying to solve the mystery. Barney and the children join in the fun. Along the way, they explore the sense of sound while identifying sounds of nature and the neighborhood.
China/Welcome, Cousin Riff (Episode #1409H)
KQED Kids: Thu, Feb 4, 2016 -- 10:00 AM
* China - BJ is waiting for a very special letter from his pen pal in China. The letter reveals that his pen pal is coming for a visit. With the help of friends in the park, BJ hurries to get the park ready. He wants it decorated so his pen pal feels right at home. But, BJ learns that his pen pal wants to see how BJ really lives!
* Welcome, Cousin Riff - Barney has a big surprise for BJ and Baby Bop! Their cousin Riff is moving to town. BJ and Baby Bop discover Cousin Riff is nothing like what they thought he'd be...he's even better!
Butterflies/The Nature of Things (Episode #1408H)
KQED Kids: Wed, Feb 3, 2016 -- 10:00 AM
* Butterflies - Baby Bop is sad because she lost her pet caterpillar, Monty. Barney and the others try to help her find it. Baby Bop is surprised to discover Monty inside a chrysalis. Everyone is excited to find Monty-now a beautiful butterfly!
* The Nature of Things - Rachel enters the park and carelessly throws her trash on the ground. Later, when she falls asleep in the caboose, she has a dream that the park animals can talk. Through the animals' and Barney's help, Rachel learns that the park is home to many creatures. She learns the importance of nature and of keeping our earth clean!
Little Red Rockin' Hood/Differences (Episode #1407H)
KQED Kids: Tue, Feb 2, 2016 -- 10:00 AM
* Little Red Rockin' Hood - Baby Bop is having a hard time finding a story she hasn't heard before. Barney and the little dinos decide to tell her an old story with a new twist! They tell the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" in a whole new way...by singing it!
* Differences - When a wheelchair-bound child is unintentionally neglected by his friends, Barney steps in to help. He gently reminds the others to include the child by showing them that even Barney feels excluded sometimes. It isn't always easy being a big, purple dinosaur. In the end, everyone is included for a day of fun!
Bop 'til You Drop/Sharing (Episode #1406H)
KQED Kids: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 -- 10:00 AM
* Bop 'til You Drop - The park is especially full of kids today, but all of them are busy playing. Baby Bop can't find anyone to play what she wants to play. When the others notice she is sad, they tell her they will play whatever she suggests. This works well at first, until Baby Bop becomes a little bossy. Barney helps her understand that being bossy isn't a nice way to treat your friends.
* Sharing - When Riff accidentally wrecks BJ's beloved scooter, he feels terrible! BJ loved that scooter more than almost anything! Riff and Baby Bop decide to have a sale in the park to raise money to buy BJ a new scooter.