Barney & Friends
A unique blending of education and entertainment for preschool children. Each episode emphasizes language and cognitive development, physical activity and social interaction.
Barney & Friends Previous Broadcasts
The Big Garden/Get Happy! (Episode #1411H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 21, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* The Big Garden - Baby Bop wants Barney, BJ and the kids to play with her instead of working in their garden. They promise to play with her as soon as they finish. Baby Bop can't wait, and tries many ways to get them to come play with her now, none of which work. When her friends do come to play, they have a tea party and enjoy some of the fresh vegetables from the garden. Baby Bop discovers that some things are worth the wait!
* Get Happy! - Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and Riff discover a sad little girl in the park one day and try to cheer her up. Nothing seems to work, so Riff invents a Happiness Machine. In the end, it is her friends who make her happy, not the machine at all!
Rabbits/Listen (Episode #1410H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 20, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* Rabbits - BJ is pretending to be a great detective. But all great detectives need a mystery to solve! One quickly comes his way when an animal nibbles on one of Baby Bop's healthy snacks. BJ, Barney, and Baby Bop uncover several clues along the way and soon realize the animal is someone's pet rabbit.
* Listen - When Riff hears a mysterious sound in the park, he plays detective, trying to solve the mystery. Barney and the children join in the fun. Along the way, they explore the sense of sound while identifying sounds of nature and the neighborhood.
China/Welcome, Cousin Riff (Episode #1409H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 19, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* China - BJ is waiting for a very special letter from his pen pal in China. The letter reveals that his pen pal is coming for a visit. With the help of friends in the park, BJ hurries to get the park ready. He wants it decorated so his pen pal feels right at home. But, BJ learns that his pen pal wants to see how BJ really lives!
* Welcome, Cousin Riff - Barney has a big surprise for BJ and Baby Bop! Their cousin Riff is moving to town. BJ and Baby Bop discover Cousin Riff is nothing like what they thought he'd be...he's even better!
Butterflies/The Nature of Things (Episode #1408H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 18, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* Butterflies - Baby Bop is sad because she lost her pet caterpillar, Monty. Barney and the others try to help her find it. Baby Bop is surprised to discover Monty inside a chrysalis. Everyone is excited to find Monty-now a beautiful butterfly!
* The Nature of Things - Rachel enters the park and carelessly throws her trash on the ground. Later, when she falls asleep in the caboose, she has a dream that the park animals can talk. Through the animals' and Barney's help, Rachel learns that the park is home to many creatures. She learns the importance of nature and of keeping our earth clean!
Little Red Rockin' Hood/Differences (Episode #1407H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 17, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* Little Red Rockin' Hood - Baby Bop is having a hard time finding a story she hasn't heard before. Barney and the little dinos decide to tell her an old story with a new twist! They tell the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" in a whole new way...by singing it!
* Differences - When a wheelchair-bound child is unintentionally neglected by his friends, Barney steps in to help. He gently reminds the others to include the child by showing them that even Barney feels excluded sometimes. It isn't always easy being a big, purple dinosaur. In the end, everyone is included for a day of fun!
Bop 'til You Drop/Sharing (Episode #1406H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 14, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* Bop 'til You Drop - The park is especially full of kids today, but all of them are busy playing. Baby Bop can't find anyone to play what she wants to play. When the others notice she is sad, they tell her they will play whatever she suggests. This works well at first, until Baby Bop becomes a little bossy. Barney helps her understand that being bossy isn't a nice way to treat your friends.
* Sharing - When Riff accidentally wrecks BJ's beloved scooter, he feels terrible! BJ loved that scooter more than almost anything! Riff and Baby Bop decide to have a sale in the park to raise money to buy BJ a new scooter.
Pistachio/Bj's Snack Attack (Episode #1405H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 13, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* Pistachio - Barney is snacking on pistachios...and just can't seem to stop! His young friends try to help by hiding them from Barney. When that doesn't work, they tell him a story to help him stop eating pistachios. An unexpected avalanche of pistachios convinces Barney that the others may be right. Sometimes, even Barney can learn a lesson from his caring friends!
* BJ's Snack Attack - BJ starts to feel sick after eating too many sweets. He lies down in hopes of feeling better. He has a dream about a snack fantasyland where he eats as many sweets as he wants and ends up with a big stomachache. He wakes, happy to find out it was only a dream. When he asks for a healthy snack, his friends are happy to oblige!
Movement/Separation (Episode #1404H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 12, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
* Movement - When some children in the park invite Barney to join them for a race, BJ and Baby Bop decide he'll need their help. They show him several ways to get ready for the big race by warming up and stretching. By the end of the day, everyone finds out that there are many fun ways to exercise.
* Separation - Baby Bop can't wait for BJ and Riff to go on their camping trip so she can have Barney and the park all to herself! But, once they're gone, she discovers she misses them. As time goes on, she misses them more and more! Barney shows Baby Bop ways to keep friends close in our hearts while they're away.
Home, Sweet Home: The Rainforest (Episode #1310H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 11, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
It's Earth Day, a great time for everyone to learn how to help take care of our world, but Ben is wasting paper while BJ isn't too concerned about cutting down a tree to make room for a new playground. After a trip to the rainforest and a meeting with Mother Nature, everyone learns the importance of taking care of our world. As Earth Day comes to an end, Barney reminds us all that taking good care of our Earth is the natural thing to do...for the people we love.
Bonjour Barney!: France (Episode #1309H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 10, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
Emma wants to paint an award-winning painting for the "Art In The Park Show," but she is just isn't satisfied with her artwork. Barney takes her to France to learn how to paint from his friend Pierre. While there, they learn about France and how to paint by following your heart!
A Bird of a Different Feather: Hawaii (Episode #1308H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 7, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
Barney takes the kids to Hawaii on a quest for a bird of paradise. While there, they meet some friends, learn new Hawaiian words, make a Hawaiian lei and dance a hula! Eventually, Barney and his friends find a bird of paradise, but it's not quite what they were expecting!
The Good Egg: Kenya (Episode #1307H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 6, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
When the kids find a mysterious, colorful egg in the park, Barney takes them on a trip to Kenya to try to find out what kind of animal could have laid the egg. While in Kenya, they meet Ayira who introduces them to many people, cultures and animals of Kenya!
The Music Box: Switzerland (Episode #1306H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 5, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
The kids are having a yard sale, getting rid of old toys, books and clothes. Kioko shows up holding a prized possession-a music box from Switzerland. By accident, Ben includes the music box in a cardboard box of yard sale items-and the music box is sold! Kioko is sad and Ben wants to make things right, so he and Barney travel to Switzerland in search of a replacement gift. While there, they sample Swiss food, customs and games-but no music box! Luckily when Ben returns the music box is returned!
Sweeter Than Candy: Greece (Episode #1305H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 4, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
Barney, Baby Bop and BJ are helping the park kids get ready for a school play. When Barney tells everyone that putting on shows began in Greece, they want to go visit! While there, they meet some friends and decide to put on a play in an amphitheatre. Barney knows a great story that originated in Greece called "King Midas." By the end of the day, everyone has experienced another country and learned that wanting too much is not a good thing!
Venice, Anyone?: Italy (Episode #1304H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 3, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
Emma can't play with her friends because she has to complete a school project about her family. Before you know it, Barney brings Emma on a trip to Venice to learn more about her great granddad. While there, the kids learn about the culture and geography. Emma learns that a big task can be made simpler and lots more fun if you break it down into smaller tasks and take them one at a time. By the time she gets home, Emma is eager to tackle her big school project.
Bienvenido, Barney: Mexico (Episode #1301H)
KQED Plus: Sat, Nov 1, 2014 -- 7:30 AM
Baby Bop's friend Monty the butterfly passes through the park with a flock of friends on their way to Mexico. When Monty gets left behind by his insect friends and family, Barney takes everyone on a visit to Mexico, where Baby Bop will say good-bye to her butterfly friend.