This series is based on the best-selling children's books by Marc Brown. It revolves around an 8-year-old aardvark, his 4-year-old sister DW, and their family and friends. It is a show about being a kid, exploring the world, and finding your place in it. It's about kids finding inner strengths, learning to make choices for themselves, taking responsibility for them and of course, having fun. In each episode, Arthur and his gang guide us through stories that deal with real "kid issues" - timeless difficulties and joys that all kids experience.
Arthur Previous Broadcasts
The Friend Who Wasn't There/Surprise! (Episode #1802H)
KQED 9: Wed, Jul 1, 2015 -- 6:30 AM
* The Friend Who Wasn't There - Muffy embarks on an epic quest to find her long lost imaginary friend. But she has to be careful - the Crosswire basement is full of bewitched boxes and gadgets and dolls - oh my! Educational Objective: Muffy discovers the value and power of having an imagination.
* Surprise! - It's Catherine's 16th birthday, and Francine has been cordially UN-invited to the party. With the help of her friends, Francine whips up the perfect present for her big sister - a sneaky surprise with a side of payback! Educational Objective: Francine learns the value of forgiveness.
The Butler Did....What?/The Trouble with Trophies (Episode #1510)
KQED Kids: Wed, Jul 1, 2015 -- 3:30 AM
* The Butler Did What? - Bailey is missing! He just left, leaving no note. With the help of the Baxter Detective Agency, Muffy discovers a series of clues - an old class picture, a receipt for a trumpet and old jazz albums. And Muffy is left wondering, who exactly IS Bailey? And - will he ever come back!
* The Trouble with Trophies - Everyone loves getting trophies, right? It turns out that Fern could not care less about them. Yet Muffy is convinced that Fern must be despairing about never having won anything, and she sets out to give Fern a prize no matter what - whether Fern wants it or not.
Buster's Garden of Grief/Through The Looking Glasses (Episode #1509)
KQED Kids: Wed, Jul 1, 2015 -- 3:00 AM
* Buster's Garden of Grief - With Fritz gone, Buster is in charge of the community garden, but it proves to be too much for just one person. Can Buster and his friends put the "community" back in community gardening or will it end up getting paved over?
* Through the Looking Glasses - Arthur can't find his glasses and has to get new ones, but all the attention he is getting from these new hipper glasses has gone straight to his head! Buster figures that it's up to him to get the old Arthur back.