Calling Tokyo Previous Broadcasts
KQED World: Mon, Jun 1, 2015 -- 12:30 AM
This documentary tells the unheralded story about a group of Japanese Americans, who as civilians served America during World War II, even as their families and friends were incarcerated in concentration camps. While the unequaled battle records of Japanese American soldiers are now legendary, little is known about the vital role played by these US citizens who did language translation work and short wave radio broadcasting to Japan, assisting in the war efforts of Britain and the USA. Through actual recordings and first-person interviews with the participants of those broadcasts, this is a fascinating story about a unique effort to help hasten the end of the war.
- KQED World: Fri, Jun 5, 2015 -- 8:30 AM
- KQED World: Fri, Jun 5, 2015 -- 2:30 AM
- KQED World: Tue, Jun 2, 2015 -- 1:30 PM
- KQED World: Tue, Jun 2, 2015 -- 7:30 AM
- KQED World: Mon, Jun 1, 2015 -- 8:30 AM