This weekly news series features award-winning journalists Thuy Vu and Scott Shafer. It includes engaging roundtable discussions, in-depth reporting and analysis from all KQED News sources, and interviews with newsmakers and Bay Area innovators. It premieres Fridays at 8pm on KQED Public Television 9, repeats over the weekend on several KQED TV channels. It also airs Sundays at 6pm on KQED Public Radio 88.5 FM, and online at kqed.org/newsroom.
KQED NEWSROOM Previous Broadcasts
Bernie Sanders Interview, Immigration Discussion (Episode #408H)
KQED 9: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 -- 8:00 PM
Bernie Sanders Interview
As Democrats struggle to regroup following Donald Trump's win, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders says the party needs to stand up for the kind of working class voters who abandoned Hillary Clinton in the election. Senator Sanders sat down with KQED Senior Editor for California Politics and Government Scott Shafer.
President-elect Donald Trump says he plans to deport up to three million undocumented immigrants with criminal records. He's also threatened to cut federal funding for so-called sanctuary cities, such as San Francisco, for refusing to help federal immigration officials. Hoover Institution research fellow Jeremy Carl and Immigrant Legal Resource Center supervising attorney Angie Junck join Thuy Vu to discuss.
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 4, 2016 -- 6:30 PM
- KQED Life: Sun, Dec 4, 2016 -- 5:00 PM
- KQED 9: Sun, Dec 4, 2016 -- 5:00 PM
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 4, 2016 -- 11:00 AM
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 4, 2016 -- 8:00 AM
- KQED World: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 -- 12:00 PM
- KQED World: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 -- 9:30 AM
- KQED Life: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED 9: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED Life: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 -- 8:00 PM