Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones Live
Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones Live Previous Broadcasts
KQED Plus: Sun, Dec 2, 2012 -- 7:00 PM
On November 22, 1981, in the middle of their mammoth American tour, the Rolling Stones arrived in Chicago prior to playing 3 nights at the Rosemont Horizon. Long influenced by the Chicago blues, the band paid a visit to Muddy Waters' club, the Checkerboard Lounge, to see the legendary bluesman perform. It didn't take long before Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Ian Stewart were joining in on stage, and later Buddy Guy and Lefty Dizz also played their part. It was a unique occasion that was fortunately captured on camera.
- KQED Life: Thu, Dec 20, 2012 -- 4:30 AM
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 20, 2012 -- 4:30 AM
- KQED Life: Wed, Dec 19, 2012 -- 10:30 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Dec 19, 2012 -- 10:30 PM
- KQED Life: Fri, Dec 7, 2012 -- 4:30 AM
- KQED 9: Fri, Dec 7, 2012 -- 4:30 AM
- KQED Life: Thu, Dec 6, 2012 -- 10:30 PM
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 6, 2012 -- 10:30 PM
- KQED Plus: Thu, Dec 6, 2012 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Wed, Dec 5, 2012 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED Plus: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 -- 1:00 AM
Also on KQED.org this week ...
"The Bay Bridged" Music for June
Listen the The Bay Bridged mix of bands performing live in the Bay Area this month, including The Mantles, Cold Cave, The Spyrals, Blitzen Trapper, Monster Rally, and more. Enjoy the podcast and then go see some concerts!
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business, here in California.