Voces On PBS
Celebrate the rich diversity of Latino life in this showcase of outstanding documentaries.
Voces On PBS Previous Broadcasts
Lemon (Episode #104H)
KQED 9: Mon, Oct 22, 2012 -- 11:00 PM
When Lemon Andersen held a Tony Award in his hands for his work in Russell Simmons' Def Poetry Jam on Broadway, it was close to a miracle. This poet/performer was a three-time felon who'd achieved more than anyone could have ever imagined. But when the show closed, he lost everything and moved his wife and two small daughters back to the projects. In desperation, he turned to the only thing he had left - his pen and his past. Lemon follows one man's journey to bring his life story to the New York stage while battling his darkest demons.
- KQED Life: Wed, Oct 24, 2012 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Life: Tue, Oct 23, 2012 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Tue, Oct 23, 2012 -- 5:00 AM
Unfinished Spaces (Episode #103)
KQED 9: Mon, Oct 15, 2012 -- 11:00 PM
Fifty years after the Cuban Revolution, three architects resume their first project -- Cuba's National Art Schools -- left unfinished in 1965 when their creative visions came head to head with the political realities of the Revolution.
- KQED Life: Wed, Oct 17, 2012 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Life: Tue, Oct 16, 2012 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Tue, Oct 16, 2012 -- 5:00 AM
Escaramuza: Riding from the Heart (Episode #102)
KQED 9: Sat, Oct 6, 2012 -- 6:00 PM
A team of first-generation Mexican American girls construct their identities through a romanticized equestrian tradition, while facing challenges at home, and escalating violence in Mexico.
- KQED World: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 -- 11:00 AM
- KQED World: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 -- 8:00 AM
- KQED World: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 -- 1:00 AM
- KQED World: Sun, Oct 7, 2012 -- 7:00 PM
Tales of Masked Men (Episode #101H)
KQED 9: Thu, Oct 4, 2012 -- 1:00 AM
This documentary explores "Lucha Libre" (Mexican wrestling) and its role in Latino communities in the United States and Mexico.
- KQED World: Sat, Oct 6, 2012 -- 3:00 PM