Money and Medicine
Money and Medicine Previous Broadcasts
KQED 9: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 -- 11:00 PM
As rising health care costs threaten to bankrupt the country, this documentary tackles the medical, ethical and financial challenges of containing runaway health care spending. In addition to illuminating the so-called waste and overtreatment that pervade our medical system, it explores promising ways to reduce health care expenditures while improving the overall quality of medical care. The film captures the painful end-of-life treatment choices made by patients and their families, ranging from very aggressive interventions in the ICU to palliative care at home. It also investigates the controversy surrounding diagnostic testing and screening as well as the shocking treatment variations among patients receiving a variety of elective procedures.
- KQED World: Sun, Sep 30, 2012 -- 9:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Sep 28, 2012 -- 10:00 AM
- KQED World: Fri, Sep 28, 2012 -- 7:00 AM
- KQED Life: Thu, Sep 27, 2012 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Life: Wed, Sep 26, 2012 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED Channel 9: Wed, Sep 26, 2012 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED 9: Wed, Sep 26, 2012 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED Channel 9: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 -- 11:00 PM
Also on KQED.org this week ...
We Need You!
Volunteer during our current on-air radio fundraising drive. It's a great way to support KQED Radio with your time. You can really make a difference!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.