An inspiring series that celebrates shelter pets with positive and uplifting stories about people's lives being improved when they adopt a shelter pet.
Shelter Me Previous Broadcasts
KQED 9: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 -- 11:00 PM
This family-friendly film celebrates the human-animal bond with positive, uplifting stories about shelter pets and their new homes. Every year, more than 4 million dogs and cats are euthanized in America's shelters. It focuses on the success stories to bring more people into the shelters to give these incredible animals a second chance. This program shows how shelter pets are helping our returning War Veterans cope with debilitating injuries; how shelter pets are teaching inmates new life lessons and follows a shelter pet being rescued from the streets and his journey through the shelters to his new home. Shelter Me is a show about redemption, hope, helping others and making a difference.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 28, 2013 -- 1:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Sun, Jan 27, 2013 -- 7:00 PM
- KQED World: Sat, Jan 26, 2013 -- 2:00 PM
- KQED Life: Thu, Jan 24, 2013 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Life: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 -- 5:00 AM