Wild Animal Baby Explorers
This series combines loveable 3-D animated characters with high-definition footage of real-life animals to introduce preschoolers to pandas and penguins, bears and butterflies, dolphins and daddy longlegs-and much, much more. Every episode is packed with fascinating facts presented from a child's perspective. The show will not only entertain your child, it will also increase your preschooler's observation, listening, and problem-solving skills.
Wild Animal Baby Explorers Previous Broadcasts
Missing Berries/Marsh Music (Episode #110H)
KQED Plus: Sat, Sep 29, 2012 -- 7:00 AM
* Missing Berries - The berries Izzy and Benita hid up in a tree have gone missing. Where could they be? With only a tuft of brown hair and a paw print, the Explorers go on a quest to find the berry snatcher.
* Marsh Music - When the Explorers decide they want to start a band, they embark on a quest to find Benita an instrument to play. They discover that many animals in the marsh make beautiful sounds. They also find out that a reed can make a wonderful instrument.
Good Grips/Monkey Around (Episode #108H)
KQED Plus: Sat, Sep 15, 2012 -- 7:00 AM
* Good Grips - When Skip has trouble making it up a snowy hill without slipping, the Explorers decide to search out animals that have "grips" well suited for the environments they live in.
* Monkey Around - In search of bananas, the Explorers remember that monkeys like to eat bananas. If they can find a monkey, then maybe they can find bananas. That quest leads them to observe many different kinds of monkeys.
Side By Side/Picky Eaters (Episode #107H)
KQED Plus: Sat, Sep 8, 2012 -- 7:00 AM
* Side by Side - When the Explorers spot a gigantic "fish bird" fly out of the water, they decide to investigate. In the process, they stumble across a coral reef teaming with life and discover how that animals that live there get along.
* Picky Eaters - After a delicious picnic, Miss Sally poses the question, "Can you imagine if you only ate just about one thing only? " So the Explorers set out to find animals that only eat one or two things to survive.
Also on KQED.org this week ...
"The Bay Bridged" Music for June
Listen the The Bay Bridged mix of bands performing live in the Bay Area this month, including The Mantles, Cold Cave, The Spyrals, Blitzen Trapper, Monster Rally, and more. Enjoy the podcast and then go see some concerts!
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business, here in California.