Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!
This animated series whisks pre-schoolers on a voyage of scientific discovery. It features 6-year-olds Sally & Nick, best friends and next door neighbors, who are transported on magical journeys to all corners of the globe where the natural world becomes their playground. With the Cat as their guide, his two energetic helpers, the zany duo, Thing One and Thing Two and the enigmatic Fish along for the ride, every outing becomes an unpredictable adventure. In each episode, Sally and Nick head off with the Cat in his one-of-a-kind custom vehicle, the Thinga-ma-jigger, a quintessentially Seussian contraption that instantly transforms from plane to boat to submarine with just a flick of the jigger-ma-whizzer or a honk of the shrinkamadoodle. The Cat in the Hat "knows a lot," but he doesn't know everything, making him the perfect guide for learning and fun.
Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! Previous Broadcasts
Flutter By Butterfly/Pretty In Pink (Episode #128H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 3:00 PM
* Flutter By Butterfly - Sally and Nick are pretending to be butterflies, but they're not very good at it. The Cat takes them to meet Bernadette the Monarch butterfly, who can teach them all about fluttering. Following Bernadette from Milky Weed Meadow to Prickly Pines forest they learn that butterfly wings are used for so much more than just fluttering!
* Pretty in Pink - Sally and Nick are having fun trying out different moves when the Cat arrives to show them some cool moves of his own. He learned them from Pinkie the flamingo. The kids want to learn too, so off they go to Gooney Goon Lagoon! There they learn all about flamingos - fun moves and all! Back at home Cat, Nick and Sally all move together - the flamingo way!
Secret Super Digger/Pucker Up and Blow (Episode #124H)
KQED Kids: Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 12:00 PM
* Secret Super Digger - Sally is trying to grow a flower for her mom, but it just won't grow. Time to see Finola! At Finola's Farm, she introduces Cat, Sally and Nick to her secret super digger - Diggery the earthworm. Diggery shows them how plant roots need water air and compost, which Diggery helps to make. Sally's flower is sure to grow once she gets some of her own secret super diggers to help!
* Pucker Up and Blow - Nick and Sally are trying to whistle but they just can't seem to get it right! The Cat takes them to visit his friend, Rocky the Winter Wren, who is an expert whistler. Rocky, and his son Ricky, offer this advice: if you want to whistle, start with one note and practice.
Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom (Episode #130H)
KQED 9: Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 10:00 AM
* Help With Kelp - It's Fish's birthday and Nick and Sally want to get him a special present, but who can they ask for ideas? Cat's friend Gary the Garibaldi fish might have an idea! Off to the Briny Blue Sea where they meet a variety of creatures in a kelp forest who use the kelp for both food and protection. Back at home they make a picture of the kelp forest for Fish. It's the best present he could ever hope for!
* Treetop Tom - Nick and Sally are playing when their ball gets caught up high in the branches of a tree. Oh how they wish they were tall! Being tall is something Cat's friend Treetop Tom knows all about. They meet the giraffe in the So Sunny Savannah, and with the help of Cat's "tallerizers", Nick and Sally are as tall as Tom! They soon learn that being small has its disadvantages.
Teeny Weeny Adventure/I See Seeds (Episode #122H)
KQED Kids: Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 7:00 AM
* Teeny Weeny Adventure - Nick has spotted a tiny ladybug, but Sally has found an even smaller ant! And there's nothing smaller than an ant. Or is there? Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet a variety of single-celled creatures, the smallest anywhere! Nick and Sally soon learn that a drop of water holds a whole lot more than they ever realized!
* I See Seeds - Sally and Nick are going on an adventure, but how are they going to get there? Skateboard? Train? Rocketship? They just can't decide, until Cat suggests they see how trees send their seeds on trips. They follow different seeds as they travel through the air, float on the water and hitch rides on animals.
Be Cool/Elephant Walk (Episode #127H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 3:00 PM
* Be Cool - Phew, it's hot outside! How are Sally and Nick going to stay cool? Cat suggests that they should visit some friends in the Dizzle-dazzle Desert to learn how to keep cool. They learn that some animals are light coloured, some stay out of the sun, and some, like Tommy the coolest toad around, just mooove sloooow. Nick and Sally take their advice, but Cat has an even better idea - run through a sprinkler!
* Elephant Walk - When building a toy construction set, Nick and Sally wonder if there's such thing as a one-thing-does-it-all tool. Well, the Cat knows just who to visit to find out - Themba the African elephant! Themba, and her daughter Efia, show the Cat and the kids all the different things their trunks can do. Nick and Sally realize that elephant trucks are just like hands, so they already have a one-thing-does-it-all tool!
Surprise Surprise/A Howling Good Time (Episode #123H)
KQED Kids: Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 12:00 PM
* Surprise Surprise - Try as they might, Nick and Sally just can't learn to do a somersault. Luckily Cat's friend Luis the Armadillo is the king of the roly polys! But when they find Luis, they learn that he only rolls when he gets surprised. They take turns trying to surprise him, and when they finally do, they're the ones surprised when they learn that not only can Luis roll, but he can even run underwater! Back at home, they follow Luis' advice and are now able to somersault!
* A Howling Good Time - Nick and Sally are pretending to be lost adventurers when Sally wonders what to do if you really do get lost. The Cat in the Hat knows a wolf pup who knows all about getting lost and found! In the Hooty Howly Woods Grayson shows them how wolves howl to communicate and to find each other. Now Sally and Nick know one thing to do if they get lost - howl for mom!
Digging The Deep/Puddle Puzzle (Episode #129H)
KQED 9: Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 10:00 AM
* Digging The Deep - Nick and Sally are exploring how deep they can dig in the sandbox. The Cat arrives to whisk them away to the deepest place he knows - the bottom of the Swirly Whirly Ocean! They meet up with Aurilia the Angler fish who guides them to the very bottom of the ocean floor. Now that they've gone as deep as deep can be, it's off to find the next adventure!
* Puddle Puzzle - Nick and Sally are excited to jump in the giant puddle in their backyard - but it's gone! Where did it go? With the help of Cat's Seussian camera, they see that the puddle has turned into water vapour. Off they go to the Bluey Blue Sky to follow their puddle. They discover that the water vapour rises high into the sky, then cools off and falls as rain. They go back home and are delighted to see that their puddle is back.
Reindeer Games/Along Came A Spider (Episode #121H)
KQED Kids: Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 7:00 AM