This series presents an array of groundbreaking and distinctive perspectives on contemporary life as chronicled by some of America' s and Europe's most visionary non-fiction filmmakers.
POV Previous Broadcasts
Sun Kissed (Episode #2511H)
KQED 9: Mon, Nov 12, 2012 -- 11:00 PM
When a Navajo couple discovers their children have a disorder that makes exposure to sunlight fatal, they also learn their reservation is a hotbed for this rare genetic disease. Why? "Sun Kissed" follows Dorey and Yolanda Nez as they confront cultural taboos, tribal history and their own unconventional choices to learn the shocking truth: the consequences of the Navajos' Long Walk -- their forced relocation by the U.S. military in 1864 --are far from over.
- KQED World: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 -- 3:00 AM
- KQED World: Sun, Nov 18, 2012 -- 9:00 PM
- KQED Life: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Life: Tue, Nov 13, 2012 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Tue, Nov 13, 2012 -- 5:00 AM