Pompeii: The Last Day
Pompeii: The Last Day Previous Broadcasts
KQED 9: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 -- 9:00 PM
The terrifying last moments of a city caught in a volcanic death trap. On August 24, 79CE the city of Pompeii came to a devastating end as the mighty Vesuvius erupted, showering inhabitants with ash, smoke and rock. Some escaped, but those who remained were entombed forever as they fell. Combining dramatic reconstructions, expert investigations, and lavish CGIs, following a cast of key characters including lovers, soldiers, slaves, and families, this film recreates a vivid and engaging account of the last day of Pompeii.
- KQED 9: Mon, Jan 17, 2011 -- 1:00 AM
- KQED 9: Sun, Jan 16, 2011 -- 7:00 PM
- KQED World: Sun, Jan 16, 2011 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED World: Sat, Jan 15, 2011 -- 11:00 PM
- KQED World: Thu, Jan 13, 2011 -- 12:00 PM
- KQED World: Thu, Jan 13, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
- KQED Life: Thu, Jan 13, 2011 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED Life: Wed, Jan 12, 2011 -- 8:00 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Jan 12, 2011 -- 3:00 AM
Also on KQED.org this week ...
"The Bay Bridged" Music for June
Listen the The Bay Bridged mix of bands performing live in the Bay Area this month, including The Mantles, Cold Cave, The Spyrals, Blitzen Trapper, Monster Rally, and more. Enjoy the podcast and then go see some concerts!
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business, here in California.