This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Speaks Previous Broadcasts
Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!/Martha and Truman Get Lost (Episode #117H)
PBS Kids: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 -- 7:30 PM
* Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey! - Professor Monkey is coming to town to promote his craft books with co-author Beppo. But his directions to the bookstore end up under Bob the dog's fiercely guarded porch. Can Martha help Professor Monkey find the bookstore before Beppo turns in her banana suit?
* Martha and Truman Get Lost - Truman needs Martha to help him find something he lost at Dog Head Lake. The only problem is he won't tell Martha what they're looking for because he's too embarrassed. After getting lost deep in the forest and coming face-to-face with his fears, Truman learns a valuable lesson about himself and his . . . whatsit.
Myth Me?/TD's Myth Take (Episode #310H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 -- 5:00 PM
* Myth Me? - On a rainy, boring day, the gang does what everybody does on a rainy day: act out Greek myths! And, as always, they are really better with dogs! Vocabulary: (E) myth, legend, moral, reflection, fate (I) point, ending, setting, over, greek.
* TD's Myth Take - TD isn't satisfied with any Greek myth, so he decides to write his own version. With the help of Martha and Truman, he puts on a performance that exceeds everyone's expectations... Vocabulary: (E) version, alter, revis(e)(ing), adaptation, dramatize (I) change, fix, perfect, plot, nymph.
Raiders of the Lost Art/Martha Says It with Flowers (Episode #116H)
PBS Kids: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 -- 9:30 AM
* Raiders of the Lost Art - After TD passes in the wrong drawing in art class (a caricature of his art teacher instead of a perfectly good drawing of the back of Chuck Smith's head), he panics. With Truman and Martha keeping an eye out for the janitor, Helen and TD sneak into the school after hours to switch the drawings. But will they get caught, or worse still, eaten by a desert mountain snow wolf?
* Martha Says It with Flowers - Martha always seems to do the wrong thing around Grandma Lucille. To prove that she's really considerate, she decides to do something really special for Grandma's birthday. But finding the perfect present for a human is a lot harder than it looks.
- PBS Kids: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 -- 2:00 PM
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur!/Carolina Tackles Football (Episode #403H)
PBS Kids: Sun, Sep 29, 2013 -- 9:30 AM
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur! - T.D. ponders the age-old question: what's more powerful, a bulldozer or a dinosaur? The kids can't come to an agreement, so T.D. does what any boy faced with this question would do. He uses a time machine to bring a dinosaur back from the late Cretaceous period. Let the competition begin. Vocabulary: (E) match, force, equal, contend(er), clash. Carolina Tackles Football - The Wagstaff Dogs are tired of losing every game. In their search for new leadership, the gang is shocked to discover a fanatical football coach in...Carolina? Can the girly-girl protect her image and still bring the team to victory? Vocabulary: (E) pass, tackle, fumble, huddle, intercept(ion).
- PBS Kids: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
- PBS Kids: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 -- 1:30 AM
- PBS Kids: Sun, Sep 29, 2013 -- 7:30 PM
- PBS Kids: Sun, Sep 29, 2013 -- 2:00 PM
Verb Dog, When Action Calls!/Martha's Adverb Adventures (Episode #402H)
PBS Kids: Sat, Sep 28, 2013 -- 7:30 PM
Verb Dog, When Action Calls! - Struck by a falling book of five-hundred-and-one English Verbs, Martha instantly becomes - Verb Dog! Using her unique superpower to control people with verbs, Martha sniffs out trouble and defends the town from evil. Vocabulary: (E) verb, amublate, elevate, descend, (un)petrify. Martha's Adverb Adventure - Weaselgraft and Pablum have a new invention that is sure to make them rich again. The Adverbalizer activates adverbs - giving the user the ability to make things happen completely, sloppily, instantly... Of course T.D. orders one... immediately! Vocabulary: (E) sloppily, instantly, immediately, completely, adverb.
- PBS Kids: Sun, Sep 29, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
- PBS Kids: Sun, Sep 29, 2013 -- 1:30 AM
Martha Ain't Nothin' But A Pound Dog, Part 1 & Part 2 (Episode #115H)
PBS Kids: Sat, Sep 28, 2013 -- 2:00 PM
* Martha Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, Part 1 - Martha loses her collar and winds up in the animal shelter. She leads an escape attempt, only to find that freedom isn't much without a family. (1st of two parts). Vocabulary - (E) abandon, deserted, neglected, overlooked, (un) fortunate (I) alone, forgot, harsh, lonely, tough, rough.
* Martha Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, Part 2 - When Martha's family comes to take her home, she decides she can't leave her shelter friends behind. Adopting that many dogs is out of the question, so Martha, Helen, and TD cook up a plan to find families for the pound pooches. (2nd of two parts). Vocabulary - (E) adopt, affection, devoted, embrace, loyal. (I) adore, belong, care, dream, hope.