This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Speaks Previous Broadcasts
Puppy Skits/Dinosaurs In Trouble! (Episode #501H)
KQED Kids: Tue, Mar 3, 2015 -- 10:30 PM
Puppy Skits - Can a dog break through the space-time continuum? T.D. thinks so. As Martha recounts the tale of how T.D. first found Skits, we learn that innocent, easy-going Skits may in fact have been a time-traveling puppy! Vocabulary: (E) paleontologist, expedition, past, era, age, museum. Dinosaurs in Trouble! - Due to a lack of funds, the museum's fossil exhibit is closing and Milo and Truman are devastated. What's more fun than fossils? Can the Mesozoic enthusiasts find a way to save the dinos? Vocabulary: (E) museum, fossil, funds, exhibit, archaeologist.
- KQED Kids: Wed, Mar 4, 2015 -- 6:00 AM
- KQED Kids: Wed, Mar 4, 2015 -- 4:30 AM
Martha Goes to School/Td and the Light Bulb of Doom (Episode #133H)
KQED Kids: Tue, Mar 3, 2015 -- 2:00 PM
* Martha Goes to School - TD thinks it would be funny to put Martha's name on the list for substitute teachers. What started out as a joke, turns into a nightmare for Helen, Alice, and TD, when Martha gets the job and takes it very seriously.
* TD and the Light Bulb of Doom - TD swears he'll start working on his report just as soon as he watches the "Harry Blotter, Boy Wizard" movie marathon, all nine parts! As Helen predicted, TD winds up in a panic until he has a moment of inspiration. Can he pull off his project in time?
Martha Speaks Martha Treads The Boards/Martha's Pack (Episode #134H)
KQED Kids: Mon, Mar 2, 2015 -- 10:30 PM
* Martha Treads the Boards - Helen's mom and dad are starring in the community theater production, and Helen's the stage manager. Even Martha gets a part... as a bull. When the big night finally comes, Mom and Dad get trapped in their dressing room. The play must go on, but now the bull is the bullfighter and the bullfighter is... her sister? What will they do for an encore?
* Martha's Pack - When Helen leaves Martha off her family tree, Martha decides to make her own pack. However, the call of the wild becomes the call of the can opener for her pack mates, and soon Martha is left alone at Doghead Lake, hunting for dinner. But can she really eat that poor wounded duck?
- KQED Kids: Tue, Mar 3, 2015 -- 6:00 AM
- KQED Kids: Tue, Mar 3, 2015 -- 4:30 AM
Martha Speaks Martha The Witness/Martha Takes A Stand (Episode #132H)
KQED Kids: Mon, Mar 2, 2015 -- 2:00 PM
* Martha the Witness - Mrs. Demson hates dogs and blames them for everything, which is a problem since she lives right down the street from Martha. But she changes her tune after Martha witnesses an accident that destroys Mrs. Demson's lawn furniture. Now Mrs. Demson will do anything to get Martha to appear as her witness in court.
* Martha Takes a Stand - Something smells bad and it's Martha. Faced with yet another bath, Martha makes a stand for her right to, well, stink. But if Martha is going to stand up for her rights, Dad says she can do it outside. Will Martha be an outside dog forever?
Too Many Marthas/Too Much Martha (Episode #410H)
KQED Kids: Mon, Mar 2, 2015 -- 6:00 AM
Too Many Marthas - When Martha is asked to sing at an animal rescue fundraiser, she's thrilled. But on the day of the concert, Martha gets mixed up with another Martha - a dog belonging to a lady named Jennifer (Jennifer Garner). Can Martha help Jennifer locate her missing pup before it's time to sing? Vocabulary: (E) number, diva, solo, aria, a cappella. Too Much Martha - Martha's constant pursuit of snacks has added some extra pounds and the vet says she needs to lose some weight. The family resolves to help Martha control her portions and maintain a balanced diet, but when Martha learns what this means, she's pretty fed up. No more late-night pizza? Vocabulary: (E) weight, portion, restrict, nutrition, balanced diet.
Martha Bakes/Martha Makes Scents (Episode #131H)
KQED Kids: Sun, Mar 1, 2015 -- 10:30 PM
* Martha Bakes - Helen is sad when her drawing doesn't win the art competition, so Mom decides to bake her a cake to cheer her up. But when a last-minute order comes in at the flower shop, Martha and Skits decide to take over. Do two dogs with no thumbs (and a cookbook) have what it takes to bake?
* Martha Makes Scents - Always on the lookout for a way to avoid bathing, Martha decides TD's dad OG should invent a perfume that will cover up her doggy scent. After a few tries, he concocts the perfect pooch perfume. So why is Martha begging for a bath?
- KQED Kids: Mon, Mar 2, 2015 -- 4:30 AM
Virtually Martha/Martha Vs. Robot (Episode #129H)
KQED Kids: Sun, Mar 1, 2015 -- 2:00 PM
* Virtually Martha - While playing with Alice's laptop computer, Martha accidentally hits the wrong button and gets zapped inside! Will Helen figure out a way to get her out of there before those marauding video monsters gobble her up?
* Martha vs. Robot - Alice's family gets a robotic pet called Dynamo who can do everything a real dog can do and help you with your math homework. Martha decides to show that she's even more perfect than the perfect pet, so Helen won't replace her with a mechanical mutt. If that fails, can she work with Nelson to get rid of Dynamo?
Martha Speaks Martha's Dirty Habit/Helen's All Thumbs (Episode #130H)
KQED Kids: Sun, Mar 1, 2015 -- 4:30 AM
* Martha's Dirty Habit - Every spring, Martha gets an urge to dig that she just can't control. When Martha's habit gets her in trouble with the whole neighborhood, the family decides they need to put her desire to dig to good use.
* Helen's All Thumbs - Ronald gives Helen his old gamekid, and pretty soon she's hooked! She forgets to walk Martha, neglects her homework, and becomes completely preoccupied. When Helen forgets to feed Martha and Skits again, and misses the fieldtrip because she forgot her permission slip, she turns to Martha for help. Can Helen break the habit?
- KQED Kids: Sun, Mar 1, 2015 -- 6:00 AM