This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Speaks Previous Broadcasts
Martha Goes to School/Td and the Light Bulb of Doom (Episode #133H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 -- 5:30 PM
* Martha Goes to School - TD thinks it would be funny to put Martha's name on the list for substitute teachers. What started out as a joke, turns into a nightmare for Helen, Alice, and TD, when Martha gets the job and takes it very seriously.
* TD and the Light Bulb of Doom - TD swears he'll start working on his report just as soon as he watches the "Harry Blotter, Boy Wizard" movie marathon, all nine parts! As Helen predicted, TD winds up in a panic until he has a moment of inspiration. Can he pull off his project in time?
- KQED Kids: Wed, Sep 17, 2014 -- 4:30 AM
- KQED Kids: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 -- 10:30 PM
Martha Speaks Martha's Dirty Habit/Helen's All Thumbs (Episode #130H)
KQED Kids: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 -- 2:00 PM
* Martha's Dirty Habit - Every spring, Martha gets an urge to dig that she just can't control. When Martha's habit gets her in trouble with the whole neighborhood, the family decides they need to put her desire to dig to good use.
* Helen's All Thumbs - Ronald gives Helen his old gamekid, and pretty soon she's hooked! She forgets to walk Martha, neglects her homework, and becomes completely preoccupied. When Helen forgets to feed Martha and Skits again, and misses the fieldtrip because she forgot her permission slip, she turns to Martha for help. Can Helen break the habit?
Martha Speaks Martha The Witness/Martha Takes A Stand (Episode #132H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 -- 5:30 PM
* Martha the Witness - Mrs. Demson hates dogs and blames them for everything, which is a problem since she lives right down the street from Martha. But she changes her tune after Martha witnesses an accident that destroys Mrs. Demson's lawn furniture. Now Mrs. Demson will do anything to get Martha to appear as her witness in court.
* Martha Takes a Stand - Something smells bad and it's Martha. Faced with yet another bath, Martha makes a stand for her right to, well, stink. But if Martha is going to stand up for her rights, Dad says she can do it outside. Will Martha be an outside dog forever?
- KQED Kids: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 -- 6:00 AM
- KQED Kids: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 -- 4:30 AM
- KQED Kids: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 -- 10:30 PM
Virtually Martha/Martha Vs. Robot (Episode #129H)
KQED Kids: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 -- 2:00 PM
* Virtually Martha - While playing with Alice's laptop computer, Martha accidentally hits the wrong button and gets zapped inside! Will Helen figure out a way to get her out of there before those marauding video monsters gobble her up?
* Martha vs. Robot - Alice's family gets a robotic pet called Dynamo who can do everything a real dog can do and help you with your math homework. Martha decides to show that she's even more perfect than the perfect pet, so Helen won't replace her with a mechanical mutt. If that fails, can she work with Nelson to get rid of Dynamo?
Martha Bakes/Martha Makes Scents (Episode #131H)
KQED Kids: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 -- 6:00 AM
* Martha Bakes - Helen is sad when her drawing doesn't win the art competition, so Mom decides to bake her a cake to cheer her up. But when a last-minute order comes in at the flower shop, Martha and Skits decide to take over. Do two dogs with no thumbs (and a cookbook) have what it takes to bake?
* Martha Makes Scents - Always on the lookout for a way to avoid bathing, Martha decides TD's dad OG should invent a perfume that will cover up her doggy scent. After a few tries, he concocts the perfect pooch perfume. So why is Martha begging for a bath?
TD and the Steak Tree/TD and Martha Gopher Broke (Episode #128H)
KQED Kids: Sun, Sep 14, 2014 -- 10:30 PM
* TD and the Steak Tree - TD gets hoodwinked by Weaselgraft and Pablum into buying a steak tree. He's sure if he takes good care of it, soon he'll be harvesting freshly blossomed steaks. But when the buds open to reveal flowers instead of sirloins, TD has to think fast before he's humiliated in front of his friends.
* TD and Martha Gopher Broke - Martha, TD, and TD's dad spend the weekend at CK's farm, trying to keep a gopher from eating all the crops. After many failed schemes to catch the gluttonous gopher, they realize the best way to keep him from eating the crops is by offering him a better meal elsewhere!
- KQED Kids: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 -- 4:30 AM
Martha Sings/Td Makes The Band (Episode #125H)
KQED Kids: Sun, Sep 14, 2014 -- 2:00 PM
* Martha Sings - Martha wakes up singing and not just because she's happy. She can't stop! Helen and Martha visit the vet, some musicians, and an opera singer, trying to discover the source of her musical malady to no avail. Will Martha ever be able to talk without a tempo again?
* TD Makes the Band - Everybody's singing about Shecky the Sea Lion and it's driving TD nuts! He could write a better song than that, and that's just what he's going to do! He recruits the gang to join his band and then sets out to write a hit song. - about Belgium? Inspiration strikes, but what will they do for an encore?
Martha in the Doghouse/Martha Models (Episode #127H)
KQED Kids: Sat, Sep 13, 2014 -- 10:30 PM
* Martha in the Doghouse - Martha just wants a nice quiet place to take a nap. All she needs is for everybody to be quiet for, oh, 16 hours a day. Is that too much to ask? Helen and the gang try to help by designing a doghouse for Martha.
* Martha Models - Carolina is over the moon when she finds out that Mindy Munchhausen, host of "Operation Catwalk," will be judging Wagstaff City's dog costume parade. She teams up with Helen to design outfits for Martha and Skits, sure that this will be her big break. Is Carolina on her way to Fashion Avenue?
- KQED Kids: Sun, Sep 14, 2014 -- 6:00 AM
- KQED Kids: Sun, Sep 14, 2014 -- 4:30 AM
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat/Grandpa Bernie Cleans (Episode #603H)
KQED Kids: Sat, Sep 13, 2014 -- 2:00 PM
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat: No cat is stronger than a Bookbot... unless the Bookbots are out of shape! And with little crime to fight, our heroes have become just that. Will they be able to get fit in time to stop a new literacy-loathing villain on the rise? Vocabulary: (E) fitness, in shape, lazy, sluggish, strength. Grandpa Bernie Cleans Up: When the dogs join Helen and T.D. to clean Grandpa Bernie's garage, they meet Candy, an elderly dog who claims she was bit by a ball from outer space! As Bernie's trash becomes T.D. 's treasure, Martha and Skits dig through Candy's yard for the truth behind the fanged space ball. Vocabulary: (E) achey, elderly, mobility, vigor, youthful.
Skits under the Weather/Martha the Weather Dog (Episode #126H)
KQED Kids: Sat, Sep 13, 2014 -- 6:00 AM
* Skits under the Weather - Martha and Skits hate the sound of thunder. One day Skits gets fed up and tries to outrun the storm, but soon discovers that all roads somehow lead back home.
* Martha the Weather Dog - Windy McCloud, Wagstaff City's meteorologist, wants Martha to be her weather dog. Martha's thrilled that she'll be able to change the weather to suit Helen and her friends, until she finds out she's not going to make the weather, she's going to predict it. But all her predictions are way off. What should she tell Windy?