Bob the Builder
This stop frame, animated series for preschoolers follows the adventures of Bob and his machines: Scoop, Muck, Dizzy, Lofty and Roley. Bob's business partner, Wendy, and Pilchard the cat also help out in the builder's yard.
Bob the Builder Previous Broadcasts
Share Your Problem (Episode #805H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Roley and the Fox - The team is building a jungle themed mini golf course! As wild animal decorations arrive, Bob explains to Roley that wild animals live away from their friends. When a wild fox turns up, Roley is convinced that this wild animal must have lost his friends! Roley and the fox play a game. When the fox begins to act upset Roley takes him to see the decorations, thinking they'll comfort him. The fox is terrified, and knocks them into the mud! Roley finally tells Bob about the fox, and realizes he has to take him back into the wild where he belongs. When he does, the fox's parents are waiting, and Roley knows he's done the right thing. Bob and the Trampoline - Bob and the team are building a trampoline. A problem soon arises when Scoop can't carry all the materials. Instead of asking Bob, Scoop thinks for a moment and solves the problem by himself. Scratch wishes he could solve problems by himself too, just like Scoop. When Scratch finds a broken trampoline spring, instead of showing it to Bob, he decides to fix it all by himself. But Scratch doesn't realize that a broken spring won't work. When the trampoline is finished, Bob has the first bounce. But the repaired spring snaps, and Bob is bounced off the trampoline! Scratch admits his mistake and Bob explains the problem. But now, they can't stretch the trampoline material back across! Scratch has learned that some problems are best shared, and comes up with a solution by getting everyone to work together. When they all pull at once, they manage to get the trampoline fixed!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Take Your Time! (Episode #804H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Whizzy Dizzy - The team is building a new workshop for Bob, and Dizzy decides to show him she is the fastest machine on the job! As Bob and Wendy clear out the old workshop, Bob finds some things that are precious to him! Whizzing around to prove her speedy usefulness, Dizzy spills paint on the ground - and concrete into the tin of Grandpa Billy's tools! Then she quickly speeds off to recycle Bob's old frame! But when she returns, she discovers that not only has she set Grandpa Billy's tools into concrete; she's also thrown away Bob's precious frame! Dizzy has an idea to make up for the mistakes she's made. Wendy helps to mount the concreted tools in the rescued frame, and hang it over the door of the new workshop. When Bob sees his new sign, he's over the moon! Travis' New Garage - The team has a big job today, building Travis a surprise garage. As Roley tries to find other lost things, he knocks over a pile of wood and then moves Wendy's saw without telling her. He even manages to whizz off into the fields and get himself lost! Bob and the team have to put down their tools and look for Roley. It's great to find lost things but not if it slows down the build. Now it looks like Travis's new garage won't be finished in time. Farmer Pickles had left a list of Travis' favorite things, to be put in his new garage to make him feel at home - but it's gone! When Roley puts the lost property skills to the test, he finds the list! Soon everything is gathered and Travis gets the garage he's always dreamed of!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
The Big Dino Dig Special (Pt. 3) (Episode #803H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Muck's Track to Trouble - Today's job is to build a railway that will travel around the Dinosaur Fun Park. Scoop, Muck and Scratch are asked to dig out the route, and lay the track. Muck hits a rock that is large and oddly fin-shaped, which forces him to build a rickety bridge over it! A test run begins and as soon as the train is on its way, the rickety bridge begins to crumble! Faced with disaster, Muck swallows his pride and asks for help from the others. Together, they manage to fix the rickety bridge, before it collapses into a pile of rocks and timber! Scratch recognizes the fin-shaped rocks are part of a huge Stegosaurus skeleton! Muck and the other diggers excavate the skeleton and construct a properly designed bridge. When Tony Toberomi gives the train its first passenger test, the Stegosaurus Bridge is the highlight of the ride! A Dinosaur for Scratch - It's the last day of the Dinosaur Fun Park build. The team is building a fence around the park and turning the huge Diplodocus skeleton into the gate. Bob and Wendy assign Scratch important jobs. But Scratch isn't convinced and slips away to search for his own dinosaur skeleton. Rubble is horrified when he sees he hasn't done any of his jobs! With Rubble's help, Scratch realizes that the most important thing about being on a team is doing your jobs! Finally, Bob and the others reveal they've been building Scratch his very own dinosaur - the Scratchosaurus! To show Scratch just how much they love having him on their team!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
The Big Dino Dig Special (Pt. 2) (Episode #802H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Rubble and the Seagull Surprise - Bob and the team are building a flying ride at the park. Rubble has been called in to help, although big and strong, he's not very fast. Rubble worries that Bob won't think he's fast enough to be part of the team, and wants to prove he can be! As Rubble zooms over uneven ground, the designs for the flying ride fall out of his cab. Before he can retrieve the plans, a cheeky seagull snatches them! Bob and Wendy encourage Rubble to wait patiently - as they may turn up. But Rubble doesn't think waiting patiently will prove he's fast! Once he's learned that sometimes waiting is the best thing to do, Rubble helps Bob clear everything up. In the process, Rubble discovers a Pterodactyl skeleton! He comes up with a new design for the flying ride - based on Rubble's Pterodactyl! Roley and the Impossible Lump - Roley is flattered when Scratch tells him he thinks he's the best flattener in the world! So flattered, that he becomes determined to live up to Scratch's expectations. Roley thinks Scratch will be disappointed, if he discovers he's not so accomplished after all. Roley finds one bump that is impossible to flatten. Instead of hiding his problem, Roley should have asked for help in the first place. When Bob and the others rally around, Roley discovers the reason the bump is so stubborn - it's the very tip of a triceratops dinosaur skeleton! The triceratops makes the perfect frame for the new slide at the Dinosaur Fun Park and Scratch still thinks Roley is the best!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
The Big Dino Dig Special (Pt. 1) (Episode #801H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Lofty and the Diggers Three - Lofty is jealous of the camaraderie between the three diggers, Scoop, Muck and Scratch. When he overhears them talking about 'The Diggers Three', he is eager to join their club. Bob announces the team is to build a park full of rides and games for children. When the park's manager, Toby Toberomi outlines the project, Lofty sees that it's all digging. Rubble, a giant dump truck is introduced - and he seems to instantly join the diggers' club! Perhaps, if Lofty thinks of a theme for the park, he can be in "The Diggers Three" as well! Finally, the diggers ask Lofty to join them. A huge dinosaur skeleton is discovered and Lofty comes up with a theme! Tony Toberomi is delighted - "Fixham will have its very own Dinosaur Fun Park!" Scoop and the Roller Coaster _ Today's job is to build a roller coaster at the theme park, and Scratch is desperate to find his own dinosaur. Scoop tells him that he has a plan to do just that. The machines hunt for dinosaurs, following Scoop's lead. But his plans don't go quite as expected! The team begins to get fed up with Scoop's plans, and when he mistakes fake rocks for real ones- it's the last straw. Scoop isn't listening and only wants to do things his way. When Scoop realizes what's happened, he feels terrible. Scoop apologizes to the others for not listening and agrees to do things their way! As Scoop begins to dig, he discovers the skeleton of a T-Rex! Bob congratulates Scoop, but Scoop gives all the credit to his friends!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Part of the Team (Episode #710H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Here Comes Muck - Bob is building a new garage for the team. His design includes roll-up doors for each machine's berth and Muck is particularly thrilled and decides that she wants to be 'first out the door'! Her big opportunity comes when her old garage shed, complete with doors, is left in a field to serve as a sty for Farmer Pickles' pigs. Muck happily goes in and out of it, practicing her entrance. Bob completes the garage, including the new doors, and the machines all join together to perform their spectacular entrance, with Muck at the center! Scrambler Gets Clean - Scrambler is impressed with himself and feeling very brave today - but the feeling doesn't last long. A machine wash is to be built at the yard and Scrambler doesn't think that it sounds amazing like everyone else does; he secretly thinks it sounds pretty scary! When he sees all the huge fixtures and fittings, Scrambler's fears grow - he must avoid getting washed! But on his way back, Scrambler skids and the shower head gets dropped in a large puddle of mud. Scrambler bravely ventures in to the mud, knowing he'll need a wash! But in the end the bravest thing Scrambler does is to own up to everyone about his fears. With the others' encouragement he has a wash and it's not scary at all.... it's totally wicked!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Being Yourself (Episode #709H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Dizzy and the Wheely - Dizzy is excited when the team heads to the lighthouse to pave the ramps that lead down to the beach and up to the harbor. Dizzy loves doing wheelies on those ramps! Scrambler and Scratch are impressed, they can't wait to see Dizzy's wheelies! When they get to the ramp, Scrambler accidentally does an amazing wheelie of his own. When Dizzy attempts a wheelie, her wheels clip a stone and she messes up. Dizzy is determined to show everybody that she is the best at wheelies. Bob and Wendy tell Dizzy that it doesn't matter who is the best. But now that she's knocked over all the paving slabs, one has gone missing. She accidentally bumps into it and rises up in the first great wheelie she's managed all day. Now Scrambler and Dizzy are both great at wheelies! Scratch Goes Solo - Ela, the teacher, finds the old school bell, and Bob builds a new bell tower for the school roof. Scratch asks Bob if he can be sent on a job solo, and Bob agrees. But the rest of the team worry that Scratch will get lonely and told Scratch to take the bell, and ring it if he feels too alone. Scratch does miss his friends, so he devises a new plan: he sculpts the pile of mud he's dug out into the shape of another machine! Unfortunately, his mud machine collapses on him and Scratch gets trapped! He really needs to ring the bell now, but it's out of reach! The squirrels ring the bell and the team rescues Scratch. Scratch asks his friends to help him finish the digging job so that he doesn't get lonely. Bob finishes the tower, the bell is hung, and Scratch is the first one to ring it, bringing all the children running in to hug him.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Having Fun (Episode #708H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Muck's Beach Tower - It's a day at the beach and Muck decides to build a castle! Bob realizes that the lifeguard tower needs a foundation made out of boulders so he calls Muck for help. Muck is determined to do both her job and build the castle. Muck mistakenly thinks she must have put her extra boulders in the lifeguard tower foundation and so takes some out to build her castle with. When Brad tries out the finished tower, it tips over! She demolishes her castle and uses the wood and extra boulders to build a ramp for Lofty to rescue Brad. Well done, Muck! Scrambler's Stage Surprise - The storm has damaged the control booth and lighting rig at the theatre. The play opens tonight, so the team has to work fast to get them repaired! The new control desk arrives at the theatre. When Lofty is on the stage, they start pressing buttons. First, scenery moves, then smoke billows from the wings and Lofty is terrified! The stage is too scary! He whizzes off to get away! Scrambler arrives, and he goes onto the stage to see what has frightened Lofty. At that moment, Bob and Wendy test the new control desk! The machines are frightened, especially Scrambler! He realizes it must have been him that frightened Lofty! He has to find him! In the countryside, Lofty hears Scrambler, and zooms out, scaring him to death! Scrambler said it was him making all those things happen on stage. They return to the theatre, and Lofty finishes the job. The show will go on!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Fun at the Beach (Episode #707H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Scoops' Sea Rescue - Scoop dreams he's a brave sea captain. He's so excited his mind is elsewhere! He doesn't hear Bob asking him to collect the special fixings for the new lens for the lighthouse. Later, Bob asks Scoop to collect a special tool. He has to get back quickly, as Splasher will be arriving soon with the new lens. But Scoop doesn't listen again. Scoop rushes guiltily back, unaware that Splasher is on his way. Splasher sees Scoop and swerves but the lens topples from his trailer into the sea! Bob is confused- Wendy warned Scoop that Splasher was coming so why didn't Scoop see him? Scoop confesses he wasn't listening. Scoop hurtles onto the beach, and scoops out the lens, moments before it hits the rocks! The team finishes the job, and the lighthouse beams light across the sea. Scoop promises to start listening! Scratch's Star Turn - Today is Fixham History Day, a day when everybody celebrates Fixham's past. Bob and the team are turning an old ship into a stage for the show. Scratch is thrilled when he lands a part in the play but is worried he won't be any good at acting. Scratch decides he must find out all about 'Ships, Pirates and Fixham" and disappears off on his own adventure. But it's only when Scratch sees Bob and the team working hard in the distance that he remembers he was supposed to be helping! And when Scratch looks for the special poster, he finds it lying in a nearby puddle - ruined! Scratch races back to Bob and the team, with the ruined poster. There's no time to make a new poster. Scratch has learned about it! And with the children's drawing skills, they make a brand new poster just in time.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Staying Cool (Episode #706H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Wendy's Birthday Surprise - Bob and the team have to make the town well safe. But it's also Wendy's birthday - and Bob wants to arrange a surprise party for her. Scoop asks Bob to let him help with both things. Bob has to hide Wendy's present - a beautiful necklace, so eventually he agrees. Scoop is ecstatic! They start work, and Bob goes to hide the present. Bob returns with the necklace, but before they can hide it, Wendy arrives! But disaster strikes Scoop is in such a fluster, the necklace flies into the well! How is he going to get it out? Scoop makes a wish at the well - he wishes he could get out of this mess... Scoop realizes he's taken on too much and asks for help from the team to save Wendy's present. Wendy turns up and thinks they've forgotten her birthday! Scoop takes her back to the Yard, where she finds her friends waiting for her! Bob gives her the necklace, and Wendy is thrilled! Maybe the well really is a wishing well? Pineapple Scratch - Bob and the team are building Brad Rad's new Surf School beach cafe and Scratch in particular is very excited - he thinks Brad is soooo cool Eager to impress his hero, Scratch volunteers to get Brad's missing items for the beach party. Bob is unsure - it's a long way. But Scratch insists he knows the way there and back - he's cool! Scratch picks up the items from Mr Bentley but then gets lost on the way back! Meanwhile, the surf cafe job is put on hold so that everyone can search for Scratch. Scratch remembers what Brad did - he took a big breath and had a think. Scratch remembers the way back and the cafe is finished just in time for the party to begin!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Being Your Best (Episode #705H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Night Time Scratch - Scratch is so excited about today's job, installing the floodlights at the football ground, that he has hardly slept a wink the night before. During the build, Scratch is disappointed to find out that the floodlights will be tested after his bedtime. Frantic to be allowed to stay up, Scratch asks if he can have a nap during the day so he will be rested for that night. Bob agrees. Finally, Scratch does nap - but not for nearly long enough. And when he is entrusted with the job of getting a cable for the floodlights, he falls asleep on the way! He realizes how important having enough sleep is and after being impressed at seeing the floodlights being tested, it's home - and straight to bed! High Time for Lofty - After a wild and windy night in Fixham, Bob and his team are clearing up in the yard. Lofty is trying to avoid getting splashed by Muck and Dizzy, who are having fun in the puddles. Dizzy teases Lofty that he's afraid of water, but Lofty pretends he isn't! At the harbor, Lofty hurries to finish his job. Dizzy drives out onto the new pier, and notices the water is getting closer. She gets trapped and Lofty tries to save her. Dizzy thinks Lofty was very brave to rescue her, and he even manages to play a bit of the splashing game, now he's happy to get wet!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Compromise & Competition (Episode #704H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
Scrambler's Best Idea - The machines wonder whose idea will win the school playtime build competition. Scrambler is sure his tree house idea is the best! When the winner is announced, Roley's Timber Trail, Scrambler can't believe it! He decides to build his tree house on his own! Scrambler sneaks off to search for the perfect tree for his tree house, and comes across the materials for the Timber Trail. Surely no one will notice if he takes just a little? Scrambler tries to build his tree house but it's much harder than he thought. The Timber Trail is almost finished but there are some things missing! Scrambler sees how upset Roley is and it's his fault! Scrambler tells Roley the truth and suggests that they could make it into a living area for the children! What a great idea! Start from Scratch - Before the team heads off to fix the old stand at the soccer field, Scoop shows Scratch how to kick a soccer ball. Bob is impressed with Scoop's skills and Scratch wants to impress Bob too! Bob puts the job stages into the right order and they get to work. Scratch finishes his part of the job early so he can practice with the soccer ball. Soon the job grinds to a halt. The soccer ball smashes into the construction, and Bob will be back any moment. Scratch sadly admits that he had prioritized his soccer ball practice over the job. Bob is impressed with Scratch for admitting wrong, making things right and for his soccer ball skills!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Being Helpful (Episode #703H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
* Dizzy in Charge - Bob and the team are about to head off to pick up new building supplies, when Bob notices that the yard needs tidying and the driveway needs fixing. He asks Dizzy to stay behind with Scratch to do this important job. Scratch is worried about being at the yard without Bob. It's a big responsibility; Dizzy will be like Scratch's big sister! Enjoying being a fun big sister so much, Dizzy fails to guide Scratch in his work. It's only when he makes a huge mistake that Dizzy realizes how she has let Scratch down. As he panics, Dizzy finally takes responsibility and calms Scratch down. She shows him how they can work together to fix the mess before Bob and the team return. Well done, big sister!
* Lofty's Helpful Day - Mrs. Toosey wants an outside staircase built, and some tiles need replacing on Mr. Bentley's roof. There's a lot to do, so Lofty decides he's going to be super helpful! On his way, Lofty comes across others who need his help, and in his quest to be super helpful - he accepts. Lofty tries to do his jobs, but each time he arrives somewhere, he's asked to do something else! Poor Lofty, he's in a terrible state! He's taken on far too much, and now he's let everyone down. What's he going to do? He asks the team to help with different jobs, and they are happy to help. Lofty finishes the staircase, and all the jobs are done - thanks to everyone's help!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Fun at Work (Episode #702H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 2:30 PM
* Scoop the Artist - Today's job is to build a new wing on the museum, before the grand exhibition opening. At the museum, Scoop decides he wants to be a great artist too! Scoop asks David, the artist, to teach him how to paint! At the museum, Bob wonders where Scoop is - they really need his help to get finished before the grand opening! As it was getting dark, Scoop rushes to the Supplier's Yard only to find it shut! He wanted to be an artist as well as a digger, but he didn't actually paint anything! Back at the museum, Bob asks Scoop to dig some flowerbeds. Scoop works extra fast, to make up for being out so long! When they are done, Scoop and David survey the work.... Scoop has dug the flowerbed out - in the shape of a beautiful flower! Now David doesn't need to paint his picture -Scoop is pleased - he's a digger, and an artist!
* Roley's Rovers - There is much excitement at the Yard. The machines find an old soccer ball and toss it around. Roley gets interested in the idea of a mascot, just as Bob arrives with Mr Bentley. He announces that the team are going to be fixing up the old Fixham Rovers soccerball field in time for the school's first game that afternoon! Mr Bentley points out that the Fixham Rovers club green exactly matches Roley's color - making him perfect for being the team mascot! Bob shows Roley the plans. But Roley is too wrapped up in his new world of chants to take them in and absent-mindedly agrees to be in charge of the job! Roley has to save the day. He uses his talent for inspirational chants to encourage the team to work faster than ever before - and re-build the field to be the new home of Fixham Rovers.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
Developing Confidence (Episode #701H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 9:30 AM
* Scratch's Hidden Treasures - It's Scratch's first day, and he's a bit scared - he wants to fit in! Today they are helping by working on the Fixham Museum gardens. However, instead of giving Scratch a job to do,Bob asks him to watch everyone else - you can learn a lot from watching! Scratch spends the day watching the other machines but still isn't satisfied - he wants to do something! He decides to practice digging by himself... While digging Scratch's bucket hits something! He's found treasure! Concentrating hard, Scratch remembers everything he's learned from watching the other machines and manages to dig up the great treasure! Scratch is really pleased and admits that Bob was right - he did learn a lot from watching!
* Lofty and the Monster - Bob and the team are rebuilding an old shack on the beach and transforming it into a surf school with Brad Rad, the awesome new surf instructor. Meanwhile, Scoop, Dizzy and Scrambler are playing a game of monster chase. However, Lofty doesn't realize that it's only a game. He thinks there's a real monster coming to get them! As the build progresses, Scoop, Dizzy and Scrambler take turns to be the monster. But every time they whiz past,screaming with excitement, Lofty closes his eyes tight. Bob and Wendy reassure him that there's no such thing as monsters. Lofty is relieved to find out it is only a game. However, when Brad Rad emerges from the water in his diver's mask and snorkel, Scoop, Dizzy and Scrambler think he's a real monster! But this time Lofty who keeps his cool - there's no such things as monsters - remember!