Big Band Magic!
Big Band Magic! Previous Broadcasts
KQED 9: Mon, Dec 26, 2011 -- 10:00 PM
War and the Depression melted away when the big bands started to play, and a generation forgot its troubles on the dance floor. This KQED-produced special takes a nostalgic look back at the dance halls and ballrooms that live only in memories - El Patio at Market and Van Ness, the Mural Room in the St. Francis Hotel, Sweet's Ballroom in Oakland, and many more. Filled with music, photos, archival films and dance sequences that recall the spirit of the age, the program tells a story that has remained untold for too long, revives the fondest memories of a generation, and treats viewers to a glimpse of this fabled past.
- KQED 9: Sat, Dec 31, 2011 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Dec 31, 2011 -- 6:00 PM
- KQED Life: Wed, Dec 28, 2011 -- 3:00 AM
- KQED Life: Tue, Dec 27, 2011 -- 9:00 PM
- KQED 9: Tue, Dec 27, 2011 -- 4:00 AM