This series includes a TV show, segments for "This Week in Northern California", an educational outreach program and a website featuring Bay Area artists and arts organizations. More than a showcase for art objects and the artists who make them, Spark takes the audience inside the creative process to witness the challenges, opportunities and rewards of making art. Produced by KQED TV.
Spark! Previous Broadcasts
Playwright Carlos Baron, and Other Stories (Episode #508H)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 20, 2012 -- 7:30 PM
* Head to Chile with playwright Carlos Baron along with his cast of actors, dancers and musicians from "Poeta Pan."
* Visit Yosemite where Julia Parker is helping to revive the art form of basket weaving.
* Get a deeper look at the haunting drawings of Josephine Taylor.
- KQED 9: Sat, Nov 24, 2012 -- 5:30 AM
- KQED 9: Fri, Nov 23, 2012 -- 11:30 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 -- 1:30 AM
Through The Lens (Episode #302)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 13, 2012 -- 7:30 PM
This episode features artists who use the camera to reveal hidden realities.
* Catherine Wagner, Photographer - Wagner's stark, pristine images present startling new perspectives on the worlds of science,nature, and material culture.
* Kerry Laitala, Film Artist - La itala creates works of handmade cinematic art, one frame at a time.
* Ben Wood, Video Artist - Wood uses digital technology to retrieve and restore a centuries-old mural painted by Indian artists in San Francisco's Mission Dolores.
- KQED Life: Sun, Nov 18, 2012 -- 6:30 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 -- 5:30 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 -- 5:30 AM
- KQED 9: Fri, Nov 16, 2012 -- 11:30 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 -- 1:30 AM
Playwright Philip Kan Gotanda, and Other Stories (Episode #507H)
KQED 9: Fri, Nov 2, 2012 -- 11:30 PM
* Explore the relationship between jazz and the Japanese American internment with playwright Philip Kan Gotanda and A.C.T.
* See why choreographer and dance educator Janice Garrett is attracting the best local dancers and critical acclaim in the Bay Area dance scene.
* Meet Jess Curtis and his company Gravity as they work on "Under the Radar."
- KQED Life: Sun, Nov 4, 2012 -- 6:30 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Nov 3, 2012 -- 5:30 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Nov 3, 2012 -- 5:30 AM
Also on KQED.org this week ...
We Need You!
Volunteer during our current on-air radio fundraising drive. It's a great way to support KQED Radio with your time. You can really make a difference!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.