Produced by KQED Public Television, this series is about Bay Area artists and arts organizations/ It is a weekly television show, an educational outreach program and a website. More than a showcase for art objects and the artists who make them, SPARK* takes the audience inside the creative process to witness the challenges, opportunities and rewards of making art.
Spark! Previous Broadcasts
Playwright Carlos Baron, and Other Stories (Episode #508H)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 20, 2012 -- 7:30 PM
* Head to Chile with playwright Carlos Baron along with his cast of actors, dancers and musicians from "Poeta Pan."
* Visit Yosemite where Julia Parker is helping to revive the art form of basket weaving.
* Get a deeper look at the haunting drawings of Josephine Taylor.
- KQED 9: Sat, Nov 24, 2012 -- 5:30 AM
- KQED 9: Fri, Nov 23, 2012 -- 11:30 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 -- 1:30 AM
Through The Lens (Episode #302)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 13, 2012 -- 7:30 PM
This episode features artists who use the camera to reveal hidden realities.
* Catherine Wagner, Photographer - Wagner's stark, pristine images present startling new perspectives on the worlds of science,nature, and material culture.
* Kerry Laitala, Film Artist - La itala creates works of handmade cinematic art, one frame at a time.
* Ben Wood, Video Artist - Wood uses digital technology to retrieve and restore a centuries-old mural painted by Indian artists in San Francisco's Mission Dolores.
- KQED Life: Sun, Nov 18, 2012 -- 6:30 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 -- 5:30 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 -- 5:30 AM
- KQED 9: Fri, Nov 16, 2012 -- 11:30 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 -- 2:00 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 -- 1:30 AM
Playwright Philip Kan Gotanda, and Other Stories (Episode #507H)
KQED 9: Fri, Nov 2, 2012 -- 11:30 PM
* Explore the relationship between jazz and the Japanese American internment with playwright Philip Kan Gotanda and A.C.T.
* See why choreographer and dance educator Janice Garrett is attracting the best local dancers and critical acclaim in the Bay Area dance scene.
* Meet Jess Curtis and his company Gravity as they work on "Under the Radar."
- KQED Life: Sun, Nov 4, 2012 -- 6:30 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Nov 3, 2012 -- 5:30 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Nov 3, 2012 -- 5:30 AM