Produced by KQED, this series is about Bay Area artists and arts organizations. It is a weekly television show, an educational outreach program and a website. More than a showcase for art objects and the artists who make them, SPARK* takes the audience inside the creative process to witness the challenges, opportunities and rewards of making art.
Spark! Previous Broadcasts
Running Crew (Episode #514H)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 17, 2015 -- 7:30 PM
Follow teens in the Running Crew, Brava's 3-month intensive job training program in theatrical technical skills.
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 18, 2015 -- 1:30 AM
Amy X Neuburg, Shuji Ikeda , Stanlee Gatti (Episode #502H)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 10, 2015 -- 7:30 PM
Avant-garde songstress Amy X Neuburg creates a new song cycle with her Cello Chixtet. Ceramicist Shuji Ikeda fires his woven clay baskets in a kiln that must burn for seven days. Designer Stanlee Gatti creates a floral masterpiece at the Conservatory of Flowers.
- KQED Life: Sun, Nov 15, 2015 -- 6:30 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Nov 14, 2015 -- 5:30 PM
- KQED 9: Wed, Nov 11, 2015 -- 1:30 AM
Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Shailja Patel, and Ronn Guidi (Episode #501H)
KQED 9: Tue, Nov 3, 2015 -- 7:30 PM
* Meet the Lawrence Ferlinghetti you didn't know - you might already know him as a poet, but did you also know that he's a painter, too?
* Then visit Kenyan-born Indian American Shailja Patel as she performs her spoken word piece about migration and personal history.
* See how Oakland Ballet artistic director Ronn Guidi comes out of retirement to save the dance company he loves.
* And finally see how Rene Garcia Jr.'s glitter portraits shine.