Digital TV FAQ
- How do I receive KQED's Digital Channels?
- Do I need a high definition (HD)TV set to get KQED's Digital Channels through Comcast cable?
- Can I get KQED's Digital Channels if I subscribe to Satellite TV?
- Will my cable bill go up if I get digital cable?
- Is there any charge to receive KQED Digital Channels over-the-air?
- How much will all of this cost KQED?
- How is KQED financing this?
- Does KQED get any money from what I pay Comcast for this extra service?
- What is multicasting?
- What is datacasting: enhanced and interactive DTV?
- Why do I need an antenna? Do I need a new one?
- What is the viewing area for the new digital channels?
- Why does digital technology change the shape of the picture?
- Does KQED HD broadcast in 1080i or 720p?
- What is the difference between DT-9.1, and DT-9.2 & 9.3?
- What are the basic DTV requirements?
Receiving KQED's Digital Channels
Questions about Costs for Digital Service
Other Frequently Asked Questions about KQED TV's Digital Conversion
KQED has put together a glossary of terms you're likely to see and hear over the upcoming months.
Also on KQED.org this week ...
KQED Celebrates the Earth
April 22 is Earth Day, but KQED is celebrating our planet all month long. Tune in for special programs, attend special events, and find more resources online.
Where's the Rain?
KQED covers news about California's drought, offers water-saving tips, and more.