Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps
Based on the original best-selling children's book series by author Katharine Holabird and illustrator Helen Craig, this series follows the now 8-year-old Angelina as she embarks on the next stage in her life at a performing arts school, Camembert Academy. This new series finds Angelina making new friends and experiencing various forms of music and dance including ballet, modern, tap, jazz, opera, ballroom, and hip hop, as well as ethnic music and dance from around the world. In addition, each episode includes Camembert's Shining Stars, a live-action interstitial featuring talented young performers who demonstrate their love of music and dance.
Angelina and Gracie's Creative Day/Angelina's Big Part
* Angelina and Gracie's Creative Day - When Gracie can't come up with an original dance for Make-It-All-Up Day, she attempts to use something that already exists and pass it off as her own. With a little ingenuity and help from Angelina, Gracie gains the confidence to improvise her own dance in front of the class. She learns that it's much easier than she thought to create something that's not only creative, but can easily be repeated by others.
* Angelina's Big Part - Angelina's heart is set on being the prima ballerina of Once Upon a Pillow, as the character of "Fairy Fern." When Angelina learns that her character is the victim of a magic spell and spends most of the performance sleeping, she tries to convince Ms. Mimi that she cast the wrong dancer. Ms. Mimi promises Angelina that if after the first rehearsal she still doesn't want the role of the fairy, she'll let her be a firefly instead. Angelina is delighted to learn that at the end of the show the spell is broken and she gets to dance the grand finale.
Angelina and the Tummy Butterflies/Angelina and the Magician
* Angelina and the Tummy Butterflies - The mouselings are learning about jazz dance, improvisation, and poetry. Ms. Mimi asks them to share the poems they're creating with the entire class. But Alice become anxious every time she thinks about presenting her poem to the rest of the students and can't understand why she feels like she has "tummy butterflies." Angelina finds a creative way to help Alice through her fears and in the end, Alice performs perfectly!
* Angelina and the Magician - As all of her friends work on mastering basic tap steps, Gracie proclaims that she has been tapping for years. Instead she focuses on trying out elaborate magic tricks. But her tricks fall flat and she discovers that it's good to start with the fundamentals before mastering the feats of a seasoned magician. As her friends advance from soft to tap shoes, Gracie is left behind and learns that her tap dancing can benefit from practicing the basic steps as well.
Angelina Cheerleader/Angelina's Ballet School
* Angelina Cheerleader - When Marco is chosen to run in the Chipping Cheddar Marathon, nobody is more delighted than Angelina. But her overenthusiastic support, which includes forming a cheerleading team, makes Marco so nervous that instead of running in the race, he ends up running away from all the fuss and attention.
* Angelina's Ballet School - Angelina opens her very own ballet school in the attic and enlists Polly as her first - and only - pupil. With great enthusiasm, Angelina teaches her sister the five ballet positions; the building blocks for all ballet moves. Polly, however, is hard to wrangle, and Angelina turns into a strict and bossy teacher. This approach backfires and Polly quits. At first, Angelina blames Polly for not working hard enough. Ms. Mimi helps Angelina realize that a good teacher must not only encourage her students to practice, but should make things fun, and know when to take a break!
Angelina's Holiday Treats/Angelina and the Front Row Ticket
* Angelina's Holiday Treats - Angelina is anticipating her performance in "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" at the holiday showcase. She also can't wait for the holiday party afterwards. But in between final rehearsal and the performance, she and Marco overindulge in candy canes and a few too many slices of Mum's fruitcake. They soon feel rather uncomfortable and realize they should have followed AZ's example of eating healthy snacks before the performance. They make it through their dance in the holiday showcase - just barely - and are determined to exercise a little more moderation in the future!
* Angelina and the Front Row Ticket - In her excitement, Angelina invites Alice and Vici to see The Nutcracker. But there's one problem:her Mum bought only one extra ticket for only one of her friends! In an effort to make things right and not hurt either friend's feelings, Angelina gives the tickets to both Alice and Vici, and misses the show herself - or, at least that's what she thinks is going to happen.
Angelina Keeps The Peace/Angelina and Alice Mousikova
* Angelina Keeps the Peace - Ms. Mimi organizes her students into groups of four, asking them to work together to come up with a dance by the end of the day. Angelina, Vici, Gracie, and AZ begin the task, but soon AZ and Gracie disagree about what style of dance they should perform. Vici and Angelina are stuck in the middle of their argument and can't get them to collaborate. With Marco's help, Angelina uses a square dance to bring harmony to the group.
* Angelina and Alice Mousikova - Miss Mimi asks the mouselings to give a report to the class about their hero. Alice announces her fascination with Anna Mousikova, the famous Russian gymnast, and adopts Anna's mannerisms, culture, and rigorous practice schedule. But in trying to be like her hero, she loses a lot of herself and ends up not having too much fun. She finally realizes that she can appreciate Anna Mousikova without sacrificing herself.
Angelina and Roquefort's Rhythmic Ghost/Angelina's Lunch Table
* Angelina and Roquefort's Rhythmic Ghost - When Gracie hears a mysterious tapping in Roquefort Hall, she is afraid that the place is haunted. But soon Gracie, Angelina, Vici, and AZ are inspired to tap and hip hop to the sound, building on the rhythmic pattern each time they dance. With a little help from Ms. Mimi, they learn the truth about the "ghost" of Roquefort Hall!
* Angelina's Lunch Table - All of Angelina's friends are dying for her individual attention. During chorus, they all want to be her partner, and at lunch time they want to share their various projects with her. When they can't all fit at the same lunch table, Gracie's feelings end up being hurt. Angelina realizes that by working together as a group, just like they do in a chorus, she can create harmony and be a good friend to all.
Sat, Jun 6, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Big News/Angelina's Secret Valentine
* Angelina and the Big News - Angelina, Vici, and Marco mistakenly think Ms. Mimi is getting married. They go to great lengths to make her wedding day special - and learn about wedding marches and organ music in the process. In the end, they realize they made a big mistake. But it's okay - everyone makes mistakes!
* Angelina's Secret Valentine - Angelina finds a Valentine's card from a secret admirer on her door step. She and Polly seek out their friends in an attempt to solve the mystery of who sent the card. They are pleasantly surprised to find that Ms. Mimi, the culprit, gave cards to all the Camembert Mouselings. They repay her with their own special Valentine - a dance expressing their appreciation.
Sun, Jun 7, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Front Page/Angelina's Cheese Roll
* Angelina and the Front Page - Mr. Mouseling, who often takes photographs for the Mouseland Herald, is spending the day at Camembert Academy to do a story about the school's world dance program. Angelina gets to be his assistant! But as Angelina helps her dad take action photos of students dancing, they're constantly interrupted by Gracie, who is determined to be featured in every picture. Angelina gets increasingly frustrated, until she comes up with a great idea: getting Gracie involved behind the scenes. Gracie and Angelina are both thrilled the next day to see their names in print credited as additional photographers!
* Angelina's Cheese Roll - AZ boasts that he can perform the complicated "Cheese Roll" dance that his grandfather taught him. He quickly realizes that this dance that has been passed down through generations is a lot more difficult than he expected. Vici, who's working on mastering the drum roll on a snare drum, learns that by simplifying each step, she's able to conquer the overall piece. Angelina takes Vici's lead and helps AZ do the same with the Cheese Roll dance. AZ excels at a performance that would make his grandfather very proud!
Angelina and the Musical Plant/Angelina's Hip Hop Boys Show
* Angelina and the Musical Plant - Angelina and her friends can't agree on the music for their Spring Fling show - Marco wants flamenco, AZ prefers hip hop, Angelina votes for classical, and Vici wants jazz. At the same time, Angelina is caring for a plant as part of her science project. With Mum's help, Angelina discovers that caring for living things takes hard work and a lot of nurturing. Angelina decided to apply that same kind of care to listening to her friends - and she arrives at the perfect solution. They perform an ensemble piece that includes all the different styles of music!
* Angelina's Hip Hop Boys Show - Angelina is very excited to be directing her very first hip hop show when suddenly her star, AZ, falls and hurts his foot! Who can step into his shoes at the last minute? Marco is the number one choice. However, although he can play hip hop music, dancing hip hop is another thing. The show is in danger of not going on... unless Angelina can come up with a solution in time!
Angelina and the Cheddar Cheese Slide/Angelina and the Case of the Missing Music
* Angelina and the Cheddar Cheese Slide - Angelina and her friends need one more person to dance the "Cheddar Cheese Slide." When Gracie joins in, they thought she knew the dance as they know it, but instead she introduces everyone to the French version of the dance. Eventually, the friends learn a lesson in problem solving, while discovering a new dance along the way!
* Angelina and the Case of the Missing Music - After reading a detective story, Vici is determined to become a good detective herself. When Marco's sheet music disappears, it's the perfect opportunity for her to practice her detective skills and try to find the missing music!
Angelina, The Pet Sitter/Angelina and the Music Box
* Angelina the Pet Sitter - Angelina persuades Ms. Mimi to let her take care of her pet canary when she goes away for the weekend. Despite Angelina's good intentions, the bird escapes from its cage and Angelina spends most of the weekend searching for him. She learns a valuable lesson that pets can be lots of hard work!
* Angelina and the Music Box - Polly gets a music box in the mail from her grandmother, and she falls in love with the waltz music it plays. When Angelina accidentally breaks the special box, she replaces it, but the new music box plays a different type of music. In the end, Polly realizes she can still dance her favorite waltz to the music from her new music box.
Sat, Jun 13, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Dance-Athon/Angelina and the Art Show
* Angelina and the Dance-a-thon - Angelina and her friends organize a marathon for the Chipping Cheddar Earth Club as part of their "Camembert Cares" school project. After Gracie accidentally recycles the pledge sheet, Angelina uses her ingenuity to save the day!
*Angelina and the Art Show - Vici is trying to paint a picture of Angelina and Gracie for Camembert's Art Show, but they just can't stay still long enough for her to finish the painting. Vici can't complete the project with moving models! In the end, Vici uses her imagination to turn her "ruined" project into something even better.
Sun, Jun 14, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina's Hiccups/Angelina and the Must-Have Bag
* Angelina's Hiccups - Angelina and her friends are preparing to go onstage for a performance when Angelina comes down with a bad case of the hiccups. Through a series of comical events, her friends do everything to try to help cure her!
* Angelina and the Must Have Bag - When all her friends have an "Eva the Diva" bag, Angelina desperately wants one too. After working hard to earn enough money for one, she discovers that being original and creative is much more exciting than following the crowd!
Angelina's Room/Angelina's Camembert Parade
* Angelina's Room - Angelina is so excited to have Gracie stay at her house for a few days. Unfortunately, they discover that being roommates isn't always easy. After several disagreements, the friends learn an important lesson in problem solving, compromise and friendship.
* Angelina's Camembert Parade - When Angelina tries to organize her friends in a parade, everything goes wrong! Nobody is working together and the parade is chaotic! Through her resourcefulness, Angelina finds a way to gain control to keep everyone on track.
Angelina's Nature Dance/Angelina's Spring Fling
* Angelina's Nature Dance - Angelina and her classmates are given the assignment to create a nature-inspired dance routine. When Polly tags along, Angelina is annoyed because she feels like it's difficult for the mouslings to successfully complete their assignment until she realizes Polly is missing. In the end, Angelina discovers a new appreciation for her little sister and discovers the perfect inspiration for her nature dance.
* Angelina's Spring Fling - It's winter and Angelina and her friends are tired of being inside. To make spring come faster, Angelina and the mouselings try spring traditions from around the world. They learn about other cultures, have fun inside on a snowy day, and end up having a wonderful wintry day!
Angelina and the Bandleader/Angelina and Polly's Two-Hour Show
* Angelina and the Band Leader - Angelina's musical ensemble needs to rehearse, and everything is going wrong! To make matters worse, AZ has broken one of his drumsticks and is unable to keep the beat for the ensemble. When AZ discovers another way to keep them on tempo, rehearsal continues without missing a beat!
* Angelina and Polly's Two Hour Show - Angelina and Polly want to treat their parents to some entertainment so they put on a show. Unfortunately, when Mr. and Mrs. Mouseling settle in the living room to watch the show, they just can't keep their eyes open no matter how exciting the performance is!
Sat, Jun 20, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Marcel Mouseau Mime Challenge/Angelina and the Disco Dance Craze
* Angelina and the Marcel Mouseau Mime Challenge - Marco's favorite mime artist is coming to town and Marco enters a radio drawing to win two free tickets to see the show. Radio Cheddar calls to say Marco has won the tickets, if only he can answer questions over the phone! Marco made a bet with Angelina and if he answers the questions, he loses his bet, but if he doesn't he won't get to go to the Marcel Mouseau show. What will he do?
* Angelina and the Dance Craze - Gracie discovers the joys of Disco Dancing and just can't stop! She even puts dancing over her responsibilities to help her friends. In the end, Gracie learns that she can still dance, have fun, AND help others!
Sun, Jun 21, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Mouselinghood of the Dancing Shoes/Angelina and Her Parents' Dance Lesson
* Angelina and the Mouselinghoood of the Dancing Shoes - When Angelina, Gracie, Vici and Alice create a girls' club, the boys want to join. At first the girls decide their club should be for girls only, but in the end, they realize the club will be much more fun when everyone is included.
* Angelina and Her Parents' Dance Lesson - Angelina's parents are taking swing dance lessons. They get frustrated when they discover that it's not as easy as it looks. When Angelina encourages them to stick with it, they are thankful that they stuck with it and eventually, they really get the "swing" of dance lessons!
Angelina and the New Jeans/Angelina and the Poster
* Angelina's New Jeans - AZ is having trouble dancing in his new jeans, because they are just so uncomfortable! Angelina and Alice help out by creating a whole new way to dance!
* Angelina and the Poster - The students in Ms. Mimi's class are supposed to work with a friend to design posters telling what Camembert Academy means to them. When Angelina and Marco are paired together, they just can't seem to agree on anything. After many attempts, they finally cooperate and complete the perfect Camembert Poster!
Angelina's Fancy Tutu/Angelina and the Musical Theater
* Angelina's Fancy Tutu - Angelina recounts the story of how she found a fancy new tutu. Not only does she entertain her friends with her Cinderella parody, but she also has to do some creative problem solving to find the tutu's rightful owner. Who could it be?
* Angelina and the Musical Theater - When the stars of "Mousical the Musical" from New Cheese City have to cancel their scheduled performance at Camembert, Viki convinces her friends they can put on their own show. The mouselings' disappointment quickly vanishes as they realize that in some ways, Viki's routine is even better than the real thing - and, they get a very special surprise at the end!
Angelina and the Hearts On Ice/Angelina's Kitchen Band
* Angelina and the Hearts on Ice - It's Valentine's Day! Angelina and Alice are excited to perform a love-themed skating show during halftime at Chipping Cheddar's big hockey game. Marco thinks he is being asked to join the hockey team and is less than enthusiastic when he finds out that he has to participate in Angelina and Viki's performance. Eventually, Marco realizes the importance of his part and, in the end, learns to make the best of an uncomfortable situation.
* Angelina's Kitchen Band - Ms. Mimi takes the mouselings on a field trip to show them that music is everywhere: lots of things can be used to make music! Gracie doesn't see the point in finding other ways to make music when they have such great instruments at school. With the help of her friends and Mrs. Thimble, she discovers that learning can be fun and inspiration can be found even in the most unlikely of places!
Sat, Jun 27, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Carnival/Angelina Jumps The River
* Angelina and the Carnival - When Marco feels nostalgic about the annual Costa Mousa Carnival, Viki decides to surprise him by bringing the Carnival to Chipping Cheddar. Unfortunately, the day of the festivities falls on Polly's birthday. Angelina is torn between celebrating with her sister and attending the Carnival. Luckily, Viki offers a solution to help Angelina, surprise Marco, and make Polly feel like royalty on this special day!
* Angelina Jumps the River - Ms. Mimi gives the mouselings the assignment of finding a prop to help them increase their fitness levels. Angelina mistakenly thinks the project is easy and procrastinates. By the end of the day, she has nothing to show her class. When she learns to swallow her pride and ask her little sister for help, she comes up with the perfect prop!
Sun, Jun 28, 2015 -- 12:30am
Angelina and the Windy Children's Day/Angelina And Ms. Mimi's Dance
* Angelina and the Windy Children's Day - It's the mouselings' annual Children's Day celebration! When things go awry, the mouselings are disappointed and ready to throw in the towel. All of a sudden, something wonderful happens and Children's Day ends up being a huge success after all!
* Angelina and Ms. Mimi's Dance - Ms. Mimi performs a special modern dance for the school. Angelina and her friends are very impressed! They can only dream of a day when dancing comes so easily. In a comic flashback, Ms. Mimi assures them that the dance wasn't nearly as easy as it looked!
Angelina and the Mini-Mouseling/Angelina's Helpful Friend
* Angelina and the Mini-Mouseling - Polly becomes obsessed with her height, attempting schemes and gimmicks to become taller. When Angelina, A.Z., and Alice need someone to play a very important role in their school production of Goldilocks and the Three Mice, she realizes the value of her size and that she is special just the way she is!
* Angelina's Helpful Friend - Viki makes the mistake of agreeing to help too many people at the same time. By trying to help so many people, she isn't really helping anyone! Luckily she figures out an ingenious and fun way to keep her promises without letting anyone down! Educational Objectives:
Angelina's Mother's Day/Angelina and the Father's Day Surprise
* Angelina's Mother's Day - Ms. Mimi teaches the class about dynamics in music and dance. Loud sounds suit big, theatrical movements. Quiet music works well with smaller movements. Angelina uses what she learns to make her chores more fun, and in the meantime gives her mother the best Mother's Day gift of all!
* Angelina and the Father's Day Surprise - As Angelina and Polly decorate Dad's store for Father's Day, they find sheet music written by Mr. Mouseling. They learn that the music compositions are Klezmer, which is a kind of music used at celebrations. Since today is Father's Day, they play Klezmer to celebrate the best dad of all!
Angelina and Polly's Big Day/Angelina and the Smelly Cheese
* Angelina and Polly's Big Day - When Alice baby-sits Polly, Angelina begins to think that her baby sister likes Alice more. Angelina exhausts herself trying to prove that she's the better baby-sitter, but in the end, Angelina learns she will always be #1 for her little sister!
* Angelina and the Smelly Cheese - When Mrs. Thimble makes a special dish for the Fete Francaise, she uses an incredibly smelly cheese! Angelina and her friends fear that the cheese will drive everyone away. After several comical tries to persuade Mrs. Thimble to serve a different French delicacy, the mouselings finally decide that honesty is always the best policy!
Angelina's Indian Lunchtime/Angelina, Az, and Cheezy Z
* Angelina's Indian Lunchtime - Marco wants to perform the Indian epic, the Ramayana, for the school. But his friends want to perform "Mouselina." However, the mouselings learn the story of the Ramayana and are inspired. They surprise Marco by learning an Indian song and choreography. The Indian performance is so catchy that soon everyone joins in and Marco is thankful to have such wonderful friends.
* Angelina, AZ, and Cheezy Z - A.Z.'s birthday is quickly approaching and he can't stop dropping hints. His friends play dumb to his clues because they have an idea of their own for his special day! His persistence almost disrupts their plans, but, fortunately, Angelina, Marco, and Viki are one step ahead and throw the best surprise birthday ever!