This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
Oh What A Tangled Knot You Tie, Amazing Rope Guy/Kid Action News
* Oh What A Tangled Knot You Tie, Amazing Rope Guy - As a villain, the Amazing Rope Guy is not so amazing. He discovers that his true talent is mimicking others. When he goes on a crime spree impersonating all of the villains of the city WordGirl must find a way to end his career as an imposter. Vocabulary Words: Imposter, Untangle.
* Kid Action News - This just in: Becky, Scoops, and Violet won a chance to host Kids Action News at Noon. While covering a story of the largest grilled cheese sandwich, WordGirl swoops in to stop Chuck and Dr. Two Brains from snagging the sandwich. WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face team up again to save the sandwich, the city, and the news hour. Vocabulary Words: Tantalizing, United.
Thu, Mar 5, 2015 -- 1:30am
Leslie Makes It Big/Mouse Brain Take-Over
* Leslie Makes it Big - When Mr. Big gets hauled off to jail, his assistant, Leslie, takes over to carry out their latest evil plan-building the most powerful mind control device ever! Will Mr. Big help WordGirl defeat Leslie, or will Leslie become bigger than Mr. Big? Vocabulary Words: Ridiculous, Assume.
* Mouse Brain Take-over - Just as WordGirl is about to give TJ, the winner of the "WordGirl Synonym Contest," a tour of her secret hide-out, she discovers Dr. Two-Brains' is going on an all-out cheese rampage. This time he's more evil (and more mousy) than ever! Vocabulary Words: Abandon, Dilemma.
Thu, Mar 5, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Mar 9, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sonny Days with a Chance of Showers/Seymour....Right After This
SONNY DAYS WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS - Just when meteorologist, Sonny Days, is about to deliver the eagerly-awaited forecast, The Birthday Girl kidnaps him demanding that he announce her birthday on TV. Will WordGirl be able to free Sonny from the clutches of The Birthday Girl? Is it possible that today could be her real birthday? Vocabulary Words: Precipitation, Meteorologist. SEYMOUR-RIGHT AFTER THIS - When Seymour Smooth delays announcing his new show's winning ticket numbers, Becky gets suspicious. While the entire town is captivated by Seymour's exciting show, WordGirl must find a way to stop him and his evil band of robbers. Vocabulary Words: Delay, Captivated.
Fri, Mar 6, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 7, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 5:30am
Chuck with a Sidekick of Brent/Yarn-4-Gold
CHUCK WITH A SIDEKICK OF BRENT - Once again Chuck teams up with his successful brother, Brent who attempts to organize Chuck's robberies. But when Chuck rebels against the system he sets out to turn the city into a giant sandwich-unless WordGirl can stop him. Vocabulary Words: Accomplish, Schedule. YARN-4-GOLD - WordGirl and Bampy team up to take down the villainous Granny May and stop her newest criminal enterprise-exchanging gold jewelry for one-of-a-kind purple yarn replacements. Vocabulary Words: Rubbish, Swap.
Fri, Mar 6, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Mar 11, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Mar 16, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Fill-In/Word (Hicc)Up!
THE FILL-IN - The Butcher volunteers to fill in when one of Dr. Two Brains' henchmen, Charlie, goes on vacation. But instead of giving him orders, Dr. Two Brains tries to convince him to team up to create the ultimate ham and cheese duo. It's up to WordGirl to intervene and still find time to go to the Around the Moon dance. Vocabulary Words: Surrender, Temporary. WORD (HICC)UP! - While WordGirl tries to find a remedy for the hiccups, Chuck tries to get his condiment ray fixed by Hal Hardbargain. Can WordGirl stop Chuck's latest crime spree or will her hiccups stop her? And who is this new guy, Hal Hardbargain? Vocabulary Words: Remedy, Glitch.
Sat, Mar 7, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Mar 9, 2015 -- 5:30am
Whammer Anniversary/Rat Trap
WHAMMER ANNIVERSARY - Mr. and Mrs. Bots ford leave Becky to babysit TJ so they can celebrate their anniversary at a local ice cream parlor. When the Whammed can't get the sundae he orders he starts whamming. Becky has to find a way to save her parents, babysit TJ, and keep her secret identity intact. Vocabulary Words: Glimpse, Occasion. RAT TRAP - After an anonymous source tips off Word Girl, Dr. Two Brains smells a rat and his name is Hal Hard bargain! In order to get revenge, he forces Hal to create the ultimate weapon, a ray that turns superheroes into cheese! Vocabulary Words: Confiscate, Whiz.
Sat, Mar 7, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Mar 11, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Mar 12, 2015 -- 1:30am
Wishful Thinking/Lady Redundant Woman Gets The Blues
* Be Careful What You Wish For - Seymour Orlando Smooth is hoodwinking the audience members of his new show "Wishful Thinking." When he tricks Violet and TJ into giving him their money, Becky has had enough. She teams up with TJ to bring Smooth down and save the whole city from being tricked. Vocabulary Words: Gleaming, Hoodwinked.
* Lady Redundant Woman Gets the Blues - Beatrice Bixby is trying to prove a point: she thinks copies are just as good as the original. She helps the character from a painting, Royal Dandy, to become a real life kid and he's the most spoiled child the town has ever seen. WordGirl needs to help Lady Redundant Woman and the city stop his greedy rampage and return the original painting to the museum. Vocabulary Words: Admirer, Greed.
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 1:30am
Quiz Show/The People Vs. Ms. Question
* Quiz Show - Mrs. Botsford is a contestant on Seymour Smooth's new show "Win a Shiny New Car." When Becky realizes the other contestants are cheating for Smooth, she has to save her Mom from being tricked again. Can Becky help her mom win the challenge and defeat Seymour Smooth? Vocabulary Words: Legitimate, Elated.
* The People Vs. Ms. Question - When WordGirl puts Ms. Question on the stand, she confuses District Attorney Botsford so much that she forgets why she became a lawyer. WordGirl has to help her mom return to her quest for justice and stop Ms. Questions' tirade of inquiries. Vocabulary Words: Befuddled, Justice.
Mon, Mar 9, 2015 -- 1:30am
Wordgirl and Bobbleboy/Crime in the Key of V
* WordGirl and BobbleBoy - TJ decides to make and sell his own WordGirl bobblehead dolls at all of her crime scenes. Unfortunately, the booming sales distract WordGirl so much that she loses her battle with Chuck! Will the bobblehead dolls put WordGirl out of business? Vocabulary Words: Bobble, Souvenir.
* Crime in the Key of V - Determined to be the best at everything, the villainous Victoria Best sets out to be the best superhero in the city and put WordGirl out of commission for good. When Victoria captures Amazing Rope Guy with her tractor beam eyes will WordGirl have to settle for second best? Vocabulary Words: Exceptional, Meddle.
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Mar 12, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Mar 13, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 5:30am
Where Have All The Villains Gone?/Captain Tangent Returns
* Where Have All the Villians Gone? - Ms. Question comes up with a brilliant plan to get rid of WordGirl: eliminate all of the city's villains so WordGirl is no longer needed. Will Ms. Question be able to keep WordGirl away? Or will a villian-less city need her after all. Vocabulary Words: Eliminate, Entire.
* Captain Tangent Returns - With hopes of having an article published in the Big City Times, Scoops decides to go undercover and become part of Captain Tangent's pirate crew. After leaking Captain Tangent's plans to rob a vessel, will WordGirl make it time to save the day? Vocabulary Words: Vessel, Publish.
Wed, Mar 11, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Mar 13, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Mar 16, 2015 -- 5:30am
Have Snob, Will Travel/Tobey's Playground Calamity
* Have Snob, Will Travel - Unable to choose the most valuable items to steal, The Butcher kidnaps Reginald the jeweler and uses him for his knowledge of fine artifacts. Amidst a fence painting contest, Becky must put her paint brush down so that WordGirl can rescue Reginald and stop the Butcher's stealing spree. Vocabulary Words: Formal, Fret.
* Tobey's PlayGround Calamity - Ms. Davis holds a recycling fundraiser contest to raise money for a new playground, which was destroyed by villains over the weekend. It will be dedicated in honor of the winner. Will Becky finally be recognized for her merits over WordGirl?Or will Tobey and his evil robots destroy the city in his quest to win? Vocabulary Words: Dedicate, Calamity.
Thu, Mar 12, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Mar 16, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Mar 17, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift/Hal The Haggler
* The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift - After being captured by WordGirl and locked safely in a jar on the hottest day of the year, The Energy Monster convinces Eileen to free and feed him so that he is able to continue terrorizing the city and ruin the Summer Winter Carnival. WordGirl must recapture The Energy Monster but will she be able to do so when an angry Eileen turns into The Birthday Girl after her new pet is taken from her? Vocabulary Words: Guzzle, Monstrous. < br />* Hal the Haggler - While doing chores to save money for a new unicorn figurine, WordGirl must stop Granny May from stealing Cleopatra's Bed out of the museum. After a number of attempts, Granny May and WordGirl realize they are both being swindled by Hal. Will WordGirl team up with a villain in order to bring a swindler to justice? Vocabulary Words: Defend, Haggle.
Fri, Mar 13, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Mar 17, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Mar 18, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Learnerer/Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam
* The Learnerer - Using his talent to see things once and learn them immediately, The Learnerer is able to steal the giant Santa Tortuga diamond from Ms. Von Hoosinghaus. When WordGirl arrives to save the day, all of her moves are thwarted by The Learnerer, who has been studying her every move. Will she come up with a new move or will The Learnerer get away with the diamond? Vocabulary Words: Suffix, Misjudge.
* Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam - Mr. Big uses a mind control machine to convince an audience that his dinner theater show is a masterpiece worthy of big bucks, when in reality, it's the farthest thing from that. WordGirl must destroy the mind control machine and expose Mr. Big before he is able to empty the audiences' pocketbooks. Vocabulary Words: Embellish, Leery.
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Mar 18, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 -- 1:30am
Wordbot/Mount Rush Here
* Wordbot - In order to get back at WordGirl for destroying his robots, Tobey builds a robot replica of WordGirl named WordBot. When WordBot gets jealous and turns against Tobey, WordGirl and Tobey are forced to team-up in order to defeat WordBot. Vocabulary Words: Devoted, Backfire.
* Mount Rush Here - When all the grown-ups suddenly go missing, the kids take full advantage of an adult-free world. But as it starts to take a toll on them, WordGirl discovers that Mr. Big is using yet another mind control device to make all the adults build a tribute in his honor. WordGirl must destroy the machine and rescue the adults, but can she do it without Mr. Big's help? Vocabulary Words: Advantage,Tribute.
Tue, Mar 17, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Mar 20, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 5:30am
Road Rage, Anger, and Fury/By Jove, You've Wrecked My Robots!
*By Jove, You've Wrecked My Robots! - With the hopes of exposing WordGirl's true identity, Tobey takes a game about evil robots to Becky's house. When the game turns out to be a real battle between actual robots, Becky must do what she can to save the city and keep WordGirl's true identity a secret. Vocabulary Words: Savvy, Realize.
* Road Rage, Anger, and Fury - Feeling at the end of her rope and fed up with all of the city's traffic, Lady Redundant Woman creates an army of copies in order to block all of the other cars and get her own carried out of traffic. Can Becky successfully trick her family into believing that a Becky balloon is actually her so that WordGirl can get out into traffic to defeat Lady Redundant Woman? Vocabulary Words: Obstacle, Rant.
Wed, Mar 18, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Mar 20, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 -- 5:30am
Seize The Cheese/Ms. Question's Riddle Rampage!
* Seize the Cheese - It's a beautiful Fall day and Mr. and Mrs. Botsford drag Becky and TJ away from their video game to enjoy a family hike. Dr. Two-Brains is also outside apple picking with his henchmen -- of course his plans involve seizing cheese, as well. Will Becky be able to sneak away from her family and become WordGirl to save the city's cheese? Vocabulary Words: Seize, Savor.
* Ms. Question's Riddle Rampage! - On their way to the beach, the Botsford family gets stuck in traffic - Ms. Question has put up a toll that citizens must answer a riddle to get through, otherwise, they'll be stranded! Will WordGirl be able to defeat Ms. Question by answering her most difficult riddle? Vocabulary Words: Stranded, Puzzled.
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Mar 24, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Meaty Dimension/The Case of the Copied Mrs. Botsford
* The Meaty Dimension - The Butcher discovers the portal where all of his meat is stored and concocts a plan to trap Huggy and WordGirl so that he can take over the city. Will WordGirl and Huggy be able to outsmart the butcher and get rid of his meat portal for good? Vocabulary Words: Portal, Overpower.
* The Case of the Copied Mrs. Botsford - LRW has made copies of all the important city officials and has sent them out into the city to do all of her dirty work. A copy of Mrs. Botsford has robbed the bank sending the real Mrs. Botsford to run from the police. Will WordGirl be able to prove her mom innocent? Vocabulary Words: Grip, Convince.
Fri, Mar 20, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Mar 24, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Good, The Bad, and the Chucky/Granny's Pet Plan
* The Good, the Bad, and the Chucky - Chuck is finally fulfilling his dream and selling grilled cheese sandwiches out of the back of his station wagon - a totally legitimate, non-villainous plan. But when Dr. Two-Brains smells cheese, he can't resist. Will Chuck be able to pursue his dream or will it be foiled by Dr. Two-Brains? Vocabulary Words: Pursue, Yearn.
* Granny's Pet Plan - It seems as though Granny May has given up a life of crime to knit cute little scarves for pets. But when everyone in the city begins to misplace their things, will WordGirl be able to figure out if people are really misplacing things or if someone else is responsible? Vocabulary Words: Accessory, Misplace(d).
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 -- 1:30am
Hard-Learned Money/Gift Pony
* Hard-Learned Money - After helping him break out of jail multiple times, The Learnerer uses Amazing Rope Guy to learn how to be an efficient criminal. Will he have learned too much by the time WordGirl figures out his plan and possibly be able to defeat her? Vocabulary Words: Divvy, Repetitive.
* Gift Pony - When Violet gives Becky a brooch made of mysterious gemstones, Becky/WordGirl begins to feel woozy. Will WordGirl figure out that the brooch is made of Lexonite, a stone that drains her power, before the Whammer destroys the city? Vocabulary Words: Brooch,Woozy.
Tue, Mar 24, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Mar 27, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 5:30am
Scary with a Side of Butter/Talent Show Tobey
*Scary with a Side of Butter - After telling the tale of the giant evil artichoke, Bampy Botsford sparks a panic throughout the city. Mr. Big uses this opportunity to do, what else, become even richer and more powerful! Will the giant artichoke really show up or will Mr. Big finally find a way to control the minds of citizens? Vocabulary Words: Fable, Artichoke.
* Talent Show Tobey - Becky volunteers to be Scoops' assistant for his magic act in the talent show. But when Tobey tricks WordGirl into performing his poetry at the talent show, she has to find a way to be on stage as Becky and WordGirl at the same time - all while saving the city from Tobey's latest robot. Vocabulary Words: Discombobulated,Essential.
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Mar 27, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 5:30am
Don't Mess with the Best/Peanut Butter Battles
* Don't Mess with the Best - Since Victoria Best couldn't outdo WordGirl at being a superhero she decides to become the cities' best villain. Using her magic recorder, she steals all the villains' weapons and lures WordGirl to the bank. Will WordGirl be able to stop her or will Victoria be the one villain who takes down WordGirl once and for all? Vocabulary Words: Defeat, Unstoppable.
* Peanut Butter Battles - Chuck adds a new condiment to his arsenal - peanut butter! The highly sticky substance envelops its victims in a giant ball of peanut butter. Since Huggy has to roll a peanut butter covered WordGirl around town, will she be able to stop him? Vocabulary Words: Envelop, Hinder.
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 1:30am
Plain Old Mischief Makers/House Arrest
* Plain Old Mischief Makers - When best friends Big Left Hand Guy and InvisiBill risk losing their super villain status, they decide to pull off their biggest heist to date. Can WordGirl stop this determined duo who always manage to escape her at the last minute? Vocabulary Words: Diminish, Declare.
* House Arrest - While Chuck's jail cell is being painted, he's put under house arrest at the Botsford's. Becky is stuck spending more time waiting on Chuck rather than fighting the other villains. Vocabulary Words: Release, Rowdy.
Fri, Mar 27, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Father's Day Dance-A-Thon/Big Is Botsford's Boss
PLAIN OLD MISCHIEF MAKERS - When best friends Big Left Hand Guy and InvisiBill risk losing their super villain status, they decide to pull off their biggest heist to date. Can WordGirl stop this determined duo who always manage to escape her at the last minute? Vocabulary Words: Diminish, Declare. HOUSE ARREST - While Chuck's jail cell is being painted, he's put under house arrest at the Botsford's. Becky is stuck spending more time waiting on Chuck rather than fighting the other villains. Vocabulary Words: Release, Rowdy.
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 5:30am
Monkey Business/Say It Again, Eileen
* Monkey Business - After a battle, WordGirl accidentally leaves Captain Huggy Face behind (again). So he spends the day doing all of his favorite things. When an overzealous Chuck strikes, it's up to Captain Huggy Face to single-handedly save the day. Vocabulary Words: Recall, Zeal.
* Say It Again, Eileen - Eileen won't stop copying Becky - and it's driving Becky nuts! Can WordGirl stop Eileen from transforming into the Birthday Girl before the bake sale (and Becky's treasured crumpets) are ruined? Vocabulary Words: Stymie, Guidance.
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 5:30am
The Rise of Miss Power, Part 1/The Rise of Miss Power, Part 2
* Part 1 - There's a new super hero in town! Miss Power has come to earth from outer space along with her sidekick,Captain Giggle Cheeks. WordGirl is excited for Miss Power to teach her everything she knows. But is Miss Power really a super hero? Or could she be a super villain? Vocabulary Words: Harsh, Vigor, Encourage, Ploy.
* Part 2 - Besides using her super strength and super speed to defeat villains, Miss Power has another secret weapon: using mean words against others. WordGirl would rather not use her words harshly...but after giving it a shot, she feels empowered. Soon,everyone starts wondering "what has gotten into WordGirl?" And the Botsford's are beginning to wonder "What has gotten into Becky?" Vocabulary Words: Harsh, Vigor, Encourage, Ploy.