This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
Go Gadget Go/Emergency Plan #999
* Go Gadget Go - TJ and his friend Johnson both think they are WordGirl's #1 fan and they compete to prove it! When WordGirl challenges them to each come up with a new gadget to help her fight crime, Johnson accepts help from Tobey! Will the device made by Johnson and Tobey help WordGirl or will it be another one of Tobey's tricks to try to control her? Vocabulary Words: Brainstorm, Gadget. < br />* Emergency Plan #999 - It's TJ to the rescue!?! When Dr. Two Brains captures Captain Huggy Face and forces WordGirl to remember all 998 of her emergency plans to get him back, WG realizes she needs help. WordGirl calls on her biggest fan, who just happens to be her little brother to help her. When Dr. Two Brains refuses to play fair, however, it becomes a Botsford family effort to save the day! Vocabulary Words: Courageous, Stunt.
Wed, Oct 7, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 11, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Oct 12, 2015 -- 1:30am
My Dad, My Teacher, My Dad, My Teacher/Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! So?
* My Dad, My Teacher, My Dad, My Teacher - Mr. Botsford gets a job as Becky's substitute teacher, and even though Becky's classmates love the change, Becky feels picked on by her father, er, teacher? After a tough day at school, WordGirl must stop The Butcher and his father Kid Potato from robbing the bank, and she realizes she isn't the only one feeling frustrated by a parent. Can WordGirl figure out how to stop the crime and repair The Butcher and Kid Potato's relationship... or at least just stop the crime? Vocabulary Words: Faculty, Expect.
*Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! So? - Becky is having trouble finding anyone to play Pretty Princess Magic Pony with now that Violet only wants to play the latest card game, Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! Go!, with TJ, and elementary schoolers aren't the only one who enjoy the game. Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy has a plan to steal the rarest Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! Go! card from a local shop. Can WordGirl stop Chuck in time? And more importantly, will she ever understand how to play this new game? Vocabulary Words: Absorbed, Include.
Wed, Oct 7, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Oct 9, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Oct 10, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 11, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Oct 12, 2015 -- 5:30am
Invasion of the Bunny Lovers, Part 1/Invasion of the Bunny Lovers, Part 2
*Part 1 - Mr. Big and Dr. Two Brains team up to create a plan to control the minds of everyone in the city.Their plan seems to be working and turning everyone into zombies! Scoops is on the scene to get the story, but will he get the surprise of his life when he sees Becky turn into WordGirl to save him from the evil mind control? Vocabulary Words: Delightful, Innovative.
* Part 2 - Mr. Big and Dr. Two Brains have managed to turn the enitre town into mind controlled zombies - everyone except for Scoops and WordGirl! Now that Scoops knows Becky's big secret will he write the biggest story of his career? Or will he help his friend outsmart the villains before they take their mind control scheme and take over the whole world??? Vocabulary Words:Confidential, Global.
Thu, Oct 8, 2015 -- 1:30am
A Curious Case of Curiosity/There's No V In Team
* A Curious Case of Curiousity - When Mrs. Botsford gets zapped by Ms. Question's Curiosity Field Creator, she cannot help but bombard Becky and TJ with a string of endless questions. Will WordGirl be able to stop Ms. Question before she turns not only her mother, but the whole city into a bunch of relentless question-askers or will she find herself incurably curious, too? Vocabulary Words: Privacy, Interrogate.
* There's No V in Team - We all know how Victoria Best deals with losing, right? Not very well. So when Becky causes Victoria to publically lose the City Quiz Bowl Championship, Victoria hatches a plan to take back the title and reclaim her place at #1, no matter the cost. Will WordGirl get the trophy back to its rightful owners? Will she finally teach Victoria Best what it means to be a good sport?Okay, maybe that second part is asking a little too much. Vocabulary Words: Swipe, Triumph.
Thu, Oct 8, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Oct 12, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Oct 13, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 17, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sparkling Clean/The Smile Collector
* Sparkling Clean - It's the day of the Pretty Princess Power Hour Marathon, and Becky is anxiously waiting for it to begin when Mrs. Botsford tells her that she cannot watch any TV until she finishes her chores. Becky decides to use her WordGirl superpowers not to complete her chores, but to hide the mess, and she discovers that her lack of responsibility may not only disappoint her parents, but Pretty Princess herself. Vocabulary Words: Shirk, Unruly.
* The Smile Collector - Violet is selling drawings to the public in exchange for smiles, and Becky, her best friend in the world, has promised to help her with her new business. However, when Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy causes trouble near Violet's art stand, Becky feels torn between her duties as a friend and her duties as the city's #1 superhero. Will WordGirl sacrifice her relationship with Violet to stop Chuck or will she keep her word to her friend, letting the super villain win? Vocabulary Words: Unique, Repulsive.
Fri, Oct 9, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 10, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Oct 11, 2015 -- 5:30am
Backyard Camping/The Power of Whamship
* Backyard Camping - Becky, Violet and TJ want to try their hand at roughing it in the great outdoors, so they set up a tent in the Botsford backyard. Though TJ spends the night trying to frighten the girls with his best ghost stories, the night gets really scary when the Energy Monster breaks loose, making Violet confront her fear of the dark and WordGirl her fear of - spiders? Vocabulary Words: Portable, Farfetched.
* The Power of Whamship - It's a day at the beach for both superheroes and super villains. However, while Becky and Bob bicker over how to properly build a sand castle, The Whammer and Invisi-Bill form a new (crime-filled) friendship at the Villian School Barbeque. Can this friendship be the key to finally defeating WordGirl and Huggy, or will our superheroes resolve their differences in time to stop the crime spree? Vocabulary Words: Collaborate, Solo.
Fri, Oct 9, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Oct 13, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Oct 14, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Oct 19, 2015 -- 1:30am
News Girl/Diorama Drama: The Scene of the Crime
* News Girl - There's a new girl in school, and though Becky wants to do her best to make Rose feel welcome, the new arrival may spell trouble for WordGirl. Rose fancies herself the town's greatest kid reporter (which really irks Scoops), and she makes uncovering WordGirl's real identity her first big assignment. When the Energy Monster breaks lose, WordGirl must not only figure out how to contain the Monster, but how to avoid a snooping Rose. Vocabulary Words: Expose, Details.
* Diorama Drama: The Scene of the Crime - The Diorama Bonzana Extravaganza has the whole school - and especially Violet - excited to create their own unique diorama. Becky, however, is dreading the event. While she might have a way with words, art is not her strong suit. She doesn't want to be embarrassed by a sub par project, so she does everything in her power to procrastinate, even letting herself get tangled up in the Amazing (and completely inept) Rope Guy's latest scheme. Vocabulary Words: Confront, Diorama.
Sat, Oct 10, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Oct 14, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Oct 15, 2015 -- 1:30am
Fortune Crookie/Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime
* Fortune Crookie - When Seymour Smooth's latest show is cancelled, the desperate host must come up with a plan to get some quick cash. Meanwhile, Becky is suspicious when the townspeople start giving their hard-earned money to a mysterious object that claims to know the future. Will WordGirl be able to connect Seymour to the scam and help the townspeople get their money back? Vocabulary Words: Predict, Enthrall.
* Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime - When Becky and Mr. Botsford head into the forest to find an important ingredient for their Bold Botsford Stew they run into trouble! Dr. Two Brains and his henchmen are also searching for Bold Botsford Basil to complete a stolen recipe. Will WordGirl step in to make sure all's fair in the forest? Vocabulary Words: Concoction, Elusive.
Sun, Oct 11, 2015 -- 1:30am
A Few Words from Wordgirl/Ears to You
* A Few Words from Wordgirl - The school is gearing up for Inspiration Day, and since WordGirl's heroic actions always uplift the town's citizens, the Principal asks WordGirl to make the keynote speech at the event. WordGirl agrees but immediately begins to feel the pressure. People are expecting a lot from her speech, and even though she can always be counted on to provide a word's definition, can WordGirl really use her words to inspire people? Vocabulary Words: Dawdle, Inspiration.
* Ears to You - Mr. Big is up to his mind-control tricks once again, this time through the use of some ultra adorable Squishy Bunny Ears. When Becky sees the Ears for sale, she scoffs, "Who wants to wear those?" Turns out, Mr. Botsford does, and as soon as he puts them on, he causes a citywide craze. People start buying up all of Mr. Big's Squishy Bunny Ears. It's BUN-demonium. Can WordGirl figure out Mr. Big's latest trick before the whole town is under his mind control? Vocabulary Words: Original, Laughable.
Tue, Oct 13, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Oct 15, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Oct 16, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 17, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 -- 5:30am
Guess Who's Coming to Thanksgiving Dinner/Judging Butcher
* Guess Who's Coming to Thanksgiving Dinner - After an unfortunate turn of events at the grocery store, Tobey and his mother become the guests of honor at the Botsford's Thanksgiving dinner. Becky is less than thrilled to be sharing a table with her one of her secret nemeses, and Tobey would rather be spending Thanksgiving with WordGirl (little does he know he is!) When Tobey unleashes his Pilgrim-themed robots on the city, can Becky find a way to defeat him without being missed when Mrs. Botsford carves the turkey? Vocabulary Words: Grateful, Reluctant.
* Judging Butcher - Becky's best friend Violet may be great at drawing and painting, but when it comes to singing, well, let's just say it isn't her forte. But when Violet tells Becky that she is going to audition for The City's Got Too Much Talent, Becky doesn't have the heart to tell her it isn't a good idea. To make things even worse, the show has a new judge - The Butcher! Instead of slinging sausages at WordGirl and Huggy, the Butcher is running eager contestants through a verbal meat grinder. Can Becky stop Violet from auditioning without hurting her feelings? Vocabulary Words: Appreciate, Lyrics.
Wed, Oct 14, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Oct 16, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Oct 17, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Oct 19, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 24, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Wed, Nov 25, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 27, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 27, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sat, Nov 28, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 28, 2015 -- 5:30am
Sun, Nov 29, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Accordion Tradition/Can't Touch This
* Accordion Tradition - When Becky inherits Mrs. Botsford's old accordion, she discovers she comes from a long line of stellar female accordion players. At first, Becky is excited about learning an instrument, but she quickly realizes that she, well... isn't very good. She is pretty terrible actually. But her practice session gets cut short by Granny May who, with the help of the stolen Magnifying Diamond, is cracking safes all around the city. Can WordGirl defeat Granny May and still get in enough accordion practice to make Mrs. Botsford proud? Vocabulary Words: Hesitate, Select.
* Can't Touch This - The Botsfords are out enjoying a family hike through the woods. The sounds of leaves rustling, birds chirping and TJ and Becky's incessant arguing fill the air. TJ won't keep his hands off of Becky's things, and she is getting fed up. When the Botsfords stumble across WordGirl's secret spaceship hideout, TJ immediately runs inside, eager to play with all the cool gadgets inside. As Becky is rushing to get her family out of the hideout, she hears the Whammer whamming trees close by. If he discovers her hideout, WordGirl will really be in trouble! But how can she defeat the Whammer and monitor TJ at the same time? Vocabulary Words: Property, Tinker.
Thu, Oct 15, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Oct 19, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Oct 20, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 24, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Oct 25, 2015 -- 1:30am
El Queso Mysterioso/Putt with Honor
* El Queso Mysterioso - It's the day of the Magical Magicians Convention, and the entire Botsford family is excited to go and see their favorite magician, El Mysterioso, perform live. Everyone except Becky, that is, who would much rather be at the Pretty Princess book signing across the street. But Mr. Botsford emphasizes how important it is that they spend the day as a family. In the middle of the convention, Becky's super hearing picks up the sound of Dr. Two-Brains evil cackle from across the city. What could he be up to? Something criminal, no doubt. Can Becky figure out a way to suit up as WordGirl without missing out on family time and disappointing her father? Vocabulary Words: Illusion, Influence.
* Putt with Honor - TJ Botsford is mere hours away from winning the local mini golf tournament and getting his picture on Patrick Needlemeyer's Miniature Golf Super Universe Wall of Fame (which is only the biggest deal ever) . When Becky catches Eileen cheating - "I have to win because it's my birfday!" - she knows she has to stop her.She can't let TJ lose to Eileen! But what lengths will Becky go to prevent Eileen from winning? Will she go so far as to cheat herself? Vocabulary Words: Concentrate, Tournament.
Fri, Oct 16, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Oct 20, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Oct 21, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 25, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Oct 26, 2015 -- 1:30am
Kid Math, Part 1/Kid Math, Part 2
* Kid Math, Part 1 - Turns out there's a new kid superhero in Fair City - Kid Math! From the planet Hexagon! And because his is from another planet, he is a little... well... clueless as to how to be a superhero on the planet Earth. He doesn't really understand the whole secret identity thing, and his crime fighting methods are a bit strange. Will Kid Math accidentally let Dr. Two-Brains get away with his plan to turn the entire city into cheese, or even worse, will he reveal WordGirl's real identity? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Kid Math, Part 2 - Becky Botsford (aka WordGirl) is trying to teach Rex (aka Kid Math) what it really means to be a superhero, that it is about protecting the town's citizens, not just defeating villains. And Rex's re education isn't exactly going as planned. Can WordGirl get Kid Math into fighting shape in time to stop Dr. Two-Brains from zapping the entire city with his cheese ray, or will the city she loves become Dr. Two-Brains' next snack? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Sat, Oct 17, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Oct 21, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Oct 22, 2015 -- 1:30am
Royally Framed/Wordgirl Vs. Tobey Vs. The Dentist
* Royally Framed - Lady Redundant Woman is at the museum copying famous works of art when she becomes distracted and accidentally copies the Royal Dandy, bringing him to life... again. Royal Dandy's first priority is to make himself some mates, so he steals items from the museum and hands them out around town as gifts. When WordGirl confronts him, Royal Dandy pins the crime on her. Now the whole town thinks WordGirl is a thief! How will WordGirl outsmart the Royal Dandy and save her reputation? Vocabulary Words: Vain, Knickknack. < br>* WordGirl vs. Tobey vs. The Dentist - TJ, Becky and Bob are spending the afternoon with the coolest person in town - the dentist! Every kid loves their time with Dr. Clocktormocktor, except Tobey, who comes storming out of the exam room, adamant that there is no way he has a cavity. He tries to console himself with a delicious candy bar, but one bite sends him reeling in pain. Cradling his jaw, Tobey orders his robots to destroy the candy factory, which he sees as the cause of his pain, and since Becky (aka WordGirl) is stuck in a dentist's chair, this just might be one crime Tobey gets away with... Vocabulary Words: Appointment, Cavity.
Tue, Oct 20, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Oct 22, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Oct 23, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 24, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Oct 25, 2015 -- 5:30am
Becky Knows Best/As Something As Something
Becky Knows Best - TJ entered himself in the school writing contest, and Becky is thrilled. After all, she has only won, like, a bajillion times! Only problem is that TJ doesn't want Becky's help. He wants to do it alone. Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy is facing a similar problem. His brother, Brent, has struck up a new friendship with Ms. Question and won't heed Chuck's warnings that Ms. Question is a no-good villain. But is Chuck right? Is Ms. Question up to something? And will he (and WordGirl) figure it out before it's too late? Vocabulary Words: Compatible, Certain. As Something as Something - It's the first official Botsford family De-Clutter Day, and Becky is having a hard time parting with some of her old things. She has so many memories attached to them! Mrs. Botsford on the other hand has no trouble parting with even some of the more valuable things, eager to bring them down to the new game show "As Something As Something" hosted by everyone's favorite villain, Seymour Smooth. Will WordGirl stop Seymour before he steals people's most prized possessions, or will she find herself tricked by him, too? Vocabulary Words: Clutter, Simile.
Wed, Oct 21, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Oct 23, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Oct 24, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 25, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Oct 26, 2015 -- 5:30am
The Ordinary, Extraordinary Botsfords/The Penny, the Pony, and the Pirate
The Ordinary, Extraordinary Botsfords - Becky's class at school is having fun with their family tree projects and discovering the extraordinary accomplishments of their ancestors. Unfortunately, the most extraordinary Botsford family member that Becky found was a paint inspector whose job was to literally watch paint dry. However, when the Butcher breaks out of jail, Becky realizes that her ordinary, human family possesses special powers of their own. Vocabulary Words: Remarkable, Ordinar. The Penny, the Pony, and the Pirate - While normally the "Pretty Princess Magic Pony Power Hour" can be described as out-of-this-world amazing, the latest special episode was... awful, and Violet and Becky just can't figure out why. As if this disappointment isn't bad enough, Becky must attend the Rare Penny Exhibit with Mr. Botsford and TJ, which Becky is certain will be equally as uneventful as the Pretty Princess episode... that is, until Captain Tangent attempts to rob the Exhibit of all its doubloons. Vocabulary Words: Attend, Rare.
Thu, Oct 22, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Oct 26, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 31, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 1, 2015 -- 1:30am
Pineapple of My Eye/Big Baby
Pineapple of My Eye - It's the 129th Annual Botsford Family BBQ, and tradition decrees that any Botsford 10-years-of-age must prepare a bowl of pineapple pistachio coleslaw in order to earn their apron. That means this year, it's Becky's turn to prepare this (very elaborate) coleslaw. It's an important rite of passage, and Becky is struggling to get the recipe just right. To make it even worse, Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy is on a mission to rid the city of pineapples, the main ingredient in Becky's coleslaw. Can WordGirl stop him in time, or will she end the day apron-less? Vocabulary Words: Eureka, Eradicate. Big Baby - Pretty Princess has released a limited edition Magic Sparkle Wand, and Becky Botsford really, really, really wants it. Mrs. Botsford tells her that if she wants the wand, she has to earn the money for it, so Becky gets a job plant sitting for her neighbor. The job seems easy enough, until Mr. Big begins his latest mind control scheme, which involves a ray that can turn anything - person, dog or beluga whale - into an adorable, baby version of itself. It's WordGirl to the rescue! But will Mr. Big cause Becky to neglect her plant-sitting duties and miss out on that Pretty Princess Wand? Vocabulary Words: Hire, Hydrate/Dehydrate.
Fri, Oct 23, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Oct 28, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 1, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 2, 2015 -- 1:30am
Staycation - The Botsford Family is excited for their big, tropical vacation. A week of relaxation is very much needed, especially for a tired WordGirl! However, their plans get ruined when a big snowstorm cancels their flight. Mr. Botsford decides they're going to make the best of it by having a tropical(ish) vacation inside their own house! But that vacation gets put in jeopardy, too, when Mr. Big unveils his latest mind control scheme, causing Becky's vacation to become anything but relaxing. Vocabulary Words: Balmy, Frigid. Dr. No-Voice - Dr. Two-Brains went out for a night of Villain Karaoke, and now his voice is hoarse, which is a big problem for a villain who loves to talk. Since he can't just stop committing crimes, Dr. Two-Brains hires an actor to serve as his voice in the meantime. Now, WordGirl has Dr. Two-Brains, his henchman and his voice actor to defeat, and to make matters worse, Becky has really hurt TJ's feelings. But how can she take the time to make things right with her brother when there's a crime spree to stop?! Vocabulary Words: Hoarse, Modify.
Sat, Oct 24, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Oct 28, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Oct 29, 2015 -- 1:30am
Tobey's Tricks and Treats/Escape Wham
* Tobey's Tricks and Treats - After losing the costume contest at school, Tobey sets his Robots on a candy-stealing spree and vows to ruin Halloween. Becky and Violet (in her WordGirl costume) plot to save the holiday...and the city. Vocabulary Words: Eerie, Supernatural.
* Escape Wham - When both Chuck and the Whammer attempt to steal famous, priceless Henry VIII artifacts, WordGirl assumes they're partners in crime. But instead of working together the two villains end up battling each other. Wham! Vocabulary Words: Potential, Boisterous.
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Oct 29, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Oct 30, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 31, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 1, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 3, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Wed, Nov 4, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 6, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 7, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 8, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 9, 2015 -- 5:30am
What Would Wordgirl Do/Granny's Corner
What Would WordGirl Do - Becky, Bob, TJ and Johnson are spending the day at the city water park... right after Mrs. Botsford finishes her seemingly unending list of errands. As the kids follow Mrs. Botsford to the bank, the grocery, everywhere but the water park, TJ and Johnson amuse themselves by imagining what WordGirl would do if a villain were to suddenly appear. Little do they know, their crime fighting knowledge will be put to the test when they finally arrive at the park. Vocabulary Words: Amuse, Errand. Granny's Corner - Granny May is the star of her own advice show called "Granny's Corner", and though her advice sounds innocent enough, it has a way of inciting chaos around the city. WordGirl knows Granny May is up to something (she always is), but how can a couple of pieces of bad advice be criminal? Vocabulary Words: Suggest, Pester.
Wed, Oct 28, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Oct 30, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Oct 31, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 1, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 2, 2015 -- 5:30am
Trustworthy Tobey/The Tooth Hurts
Trustworthy Tobey - Becky is returning a very, very large stack of books to the library, and - oh no! - she is one book short, which means she can't rent the latest in the Princess Triana series. Suddenly, she remembers that she loaned that book to Tobey. Becky shifts the blame to Tobey, who insists he returned the book to Becky days ago. The librarian believes Becky, and Tobey, hurt at being called irresponsible, sends his robots out to destroy the library. Will WordGirl stop the robots, or will her beloved library be crushed? Vocabulary Words: Trustworthy, Shipshape. The Tooth Hurts - Scoops is going to be absent from school for a few days (for reasons he wants to keep private), and he asks Becky to take over the Daily Rag while he is gone. While Scoops is gone, Becky makes the story behind his absence front-page news. Scoops is mortified - now everyone in the school knows his embarrassing secret! Scoops wants to make Becky feel as crummy as he did, but would he really go so far as to reveal WordGirl's secret identity? Vocabulary Words: Absent, Mortify/Mortified.
Thu, Oct 29, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 2, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 3, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 7, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 8, 2015 -- 1:30am
A Sticky Situation/Eight Legs Vs. Two-Brains
A Sticky Situation - Somehow a broken figurine leads to WordGirl and TJ becoming glued together, back-to-back. Though TJ can't think of anything better than spending time with his favorite superhero, WordGirl is desperate to get unstuck. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much time to figure out a solution. Granny May is on a crime spree! Will WordGirl find her way out of this sticky situation in time to stop Granny or will TJ weigh her down? Vocabulary Words: Adhesive, Precious. Eight Legs vs. Two-Brains - Unfortunately for Becky, it's her turn to take home the class pet - a hairy, scary, crawly tarantula named Shaggy. Though she is afraid of the spider, it's her responsibility to care for him, which means when Dr. Two-Brains reveals his latest cheesy crime, Shaggy comes along for the ride. Will WordGirl's fear of the spider get in her way, or will she find a way to overcome her phobia? Vocabulary Words: Volunteer, Habitat.
Fri, Oct 30, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 3, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 4, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 8, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 9, 2015 -- 1:30am
Time-Out with Two-Brains/Dr. Wordgirl-Brains
Time-Out with Two-Brains - Unfortunately for Becky, it's her turn to take home the class pet - a hairy, scary, crawly tarantula named Shaggy. Though she is afraid of the spider, it's her responsibility to care for him, which means when Dr. Two-Brains reveals his latest cheesy crime, Shaggy comes along for the ride. Will WordGirl's fear of the spider get in her way, or will she find a way to overcome her phobia? Vocabulary Words: Volunteer, Habitat. Dr. WordGirl-Brains - When Dr. Two-Brains realizes his vault of cheese is going to expire, he decides the only way to save his beloved cheese is to freeze time. WordGirl and Captain Huggyface start to enjoy the extra hours of relaxation, until they find out the city could be frozen forever! Can our dynamic duo put a stop to Dr. Two-Brains and before his pause is permanent? Vocabulary Words: Expire, Pause.
Sat, Oct 31, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 4, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 5, 2015 -- 1:30am
Tim Botsford: Neighborhood Assistant/Set Sail for the Bake Sale
Tim Botsford: Neighborhood Assistant - Mr. Botsford, Becky, and Bob are walking through the park when they hear Pete the Porcupine crying for help. Becky is confident she can climb the tree to save Pete, but Mr. Botsford is convinced that she needs his help and protection. Hurt that Becky refuses his help, Tim becomes the Neighborhood Assistant, determined to help anyone who needs it (or doesn't). Can WordGirl save the city from Chuck's sandwich-making schemes AND keep Mr. Botsford from interfering? Vocabulary Words: Prevent, Assistant. Set Sail for the Bake Sale - When Becky finds out there's a Pretty Princess on Roller Skates show, she has to see it. She decides that the debate club should use the money from their bake sale to buy tickets instead of buying new podiums. But when Nocan the Contrarian sets out to steal all the granola bars from the bake sale, WordGirl springs into action! Will the debate team get their new podiums, Pretty Princess tickets, or nothing at all? Vocabulary Words: Distant, Transport.
Tue, Nov 3, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 5, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 6, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 7, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 8, 2015 -- 5:30am
The Best of the Best/Art's Parts
The Best of the Best - After TJ tells Becky all about his new friend Victor, she has a sneaking suspicion that he's related to the boastful Victoria Best. Turns out she's right - and now both Bests are spending the day at the Botsfords. As Becky tries to get along with Victoria, Victor makes a devious plan to not only best his sister, but to take away WordGirl's superpowers! Can WordGirl find a way to stop the bragging Bests and get back her powers? Vocabulary Words: Ancient, Twist. Art's Parts - When someone starts stealing every piece of art in the city, Becky sees just another crime - but Violet sees a downright awful tragedy. Although Becky has a hard time putting the importance of art into words, she's determined to catch this thief and put the art back where it belongs. Can she catch the villain in the act, or will all the creativity be sucked out of the city? Vocabulary Words: Evasive, Linger.
Thu, Nov 5, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 9, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 10, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 14, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 15, 2015 -- 1:30am
Patch Game/Girls Day Out Throws Chuck
Patch Game - The city is giving away a Key to the City to whichever City Scout can earn the most skill patches in a single day. Even though WordGirl has won dozens of Keys, ordinary Becky Botsford hasn't won any. Becky wants to win the Key to show that there is more to her than just super speed and super strength. Trouble is, Tobey also wants to win the Key. So badly in fact, he uses his robot to cheat and earn skill patches for him. Will Becky resist using her super powers and compete honestly or will her desire to win get the better of her? Vocabulary Words: Award, Eventually. Girls' Day Out Throws Chuck - Mrs. Botsford is treating Becky, Bob and Violet to a relaxing day at a spa far, far away - so far, that Becky's super hearing can't pick up any sounds from the city. Becky thinks this is great; WordGirl deserves a day off! But timing could not be worse when Chuck decides to go on a crime spree. Will Chuck finally get away with his crimes and WordGirl return to a city covered in ketchup? Vocabulary Words: Tranquil, Haven.
Fri, Nov 6, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 10, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 11, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 15, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 16, 2015 -- 1:30am
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1/Rhyme and Reason, Part 2
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1 - Rhyme and Reason, a new villainous duo, arrive in the city for a crime spree. But when WordGirl goes to put a stop to them, she finds that these scoundrels aren't on the same page - resulting in some of the strangest crimes she's ever seen. As WordGirl chases the quarreling villains around town, she realizes one of her own friendships is in jeopardy, too! Can WordGirl save her friendship AND her city? Vocabulary Words: Harmony, Resolve. Rhyme and Reason, Part 2 - Heroes, villains, and narrators alike are feeling down. WordGirl can't muster the enthusiasm to battle Tobey's robots, and Rhyme is lost without Reason. In order to stop these ridiculous (and destructive) crimes, WordGirl decides to get the villains back together and making sense. But once their back together, will Rhyme and Reason be too powerful to stop? Vocabulary Words: Forlorn, Chaos.
Sat, Nov 7, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 11, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 12, 2015 -- 1:30am
World's Best Dad/The Good Old, Bad Old Days
World's Best Dad - When Becky orders a gigantic book of world records, she decides it's time to help her dad break one. Unfortunately, Victoria Best finds out about their plan and decides she should be the world record holder, not Mr. Botsford. After being bested by Victoria again and again, Becky comes up with a brand new record - one that isn't even in the record book! Will Mr. Botsford beat Victoria fair and square, or will she find a way to take the prize? Vocabulary Words: Attempt, Combine/Combination. The Good Old, Bad Old Days - Becky and Scoops are ready to start working on their school project when the Butcher charges past them. After Becky finds out that he's up to no good, WordGirl is on the case - but the Butcher has changed his usual routine, and leaves WordGirl in the dust! WordGirl discovers that the Butcher's new moves came from a book about how to defeat super heroes. Can WordGirl take back the book and defeat the Butcher before it's too late? Vocabulary Words: Hazy, Reminisce.
Tue, Nov 10, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 12, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 13, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 14, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 15, 2015 -- 5:30am
A Better Mousetrap: Part 1/A Better Mousetrap: Part 2
* A Better Mousetrap: Part 1 - On the latest episode of "Getting the Scoop with Scoops," Scoops interviews WordGirl, reminiscing about her victorious adventures defeating Dr. Two Brains. Humiliated and worried about his villainous reputation, Dr. Two Brains hijacks the television studio with a Goop Ray to give WordGirl her final interview.
* A Better Mousetrap: Part 2 - In an attempt to maintain his dignity, Dr. Two Brains' takes over Scoops' talk show. He shows footage of himself defeating WordGirl, butt isn't long before WordGirl seizes the opportunity to turn the tides, and the cameras, restoring order to the show.
Wed, Nov 11, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 13, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 14, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 15, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 16, 2015 -- 5:30am
Sonny Days with a Chance of Showers/Seymour....Right After This
SONNY DAYS WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS - Just when meteorologist, Sonny Days, is about to deliver the eagerly-awaited forecast, The Birthday Girl kidnaps him demanding that he announce her birthday on TV. Will WordGirl be able to free Sonny from the clutches of The Birthday Girl? Is it possible that today could be her real birthday? Vocabulary Words: Precipitation, Meteorologist. SEYMOUR-RIGHT AFTER THIS - When Seymour Smooth delays announcing his new show's winning ticket numbers, Becky gets suspicious. While the entire town is captivated by Seymour's exciting show, WordGirl must find a way to stop him and his evil band of robbers. Vocabulary Words: Delay, Captivated.
Thu, Nov 12, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 16, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 17, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 21, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 22, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Fill-In/Word (Hicc)Up!
THE FILL-IN - The Butcher volunteers to fill in when one of Dr. Two Brains' henchmen, Charlie, goes on vacation. But instead of giving him orders, Dr. Two Brains tries to convince him to team up to create the ultimate ham and cheese duo. It's up to WordGirl to intervene and still find time to go to the Around the Moon dance. Vocabulary Words: Surrender, Temporary. WORD (HICC)UP! - While WordGirl tries to find a remedy for the hiccups, Chuck tries to get his condiment ray fixed by Hal Hardbargain. Can WordGirl stop Chuck's latest crime spree or will her hiccups stop her? And who is this new guy, Hal Hardbargain? Vocabulary Words: Remedy, Glitch.
Fri, Nov 13, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 17, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 18, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 22, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 23, 2015 -- 1:30am
Leslie Makes It Big/Mouse Brain Take-Over
* Leslie Makes it Big - When Mr. Big gets hauled off to jail, his assistant, Leslie, takes over to carry out their latest evil plan-building the most powerful mind control device ever! Will Mr. Big help WordGirl defeat Leslie, or will Leslie become bigger than Mr. Big? Vocabulary Words: Ridiculous, Assume.
* Mouse Brain Take-over - Just as WordGirl is about to give TJ, the winner of the "WordGirl Synonym Contest," a tour of her secret hide-out, she discovers Dr. Two-Brains' is going on an all-out cheese rampage. This time he's more evil (and more mousy) than ever! Vocabulary Words: Abandon, Dilemma.
Sat, Nov 14, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 18, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 19, 2015 -- 1:30am
Chuck with a Sidekick of Brent/Yarn-4-Gold
CHUCK WITH A SIDEKICK OF BRENT - Once again Chuck teams up with his successful brother, Brent who attempts to organize Chuck's robberies. But when Chuck rebels against the system he sets out to turn the city into a giant sandwich-unless WordGirl can stop him. Vocabulary Words: Accomplish, Schedule. YARN-4-GOLD - WordGirl and Bampy team up to take down the villainous Granny May and stop her newest criminal enterprise-exchanging gold jewelry for one-of-a-kind purple yarn replacements. Vocabulary Words: Rubbish, Swap.
Tue, Nov 17, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 19, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 20, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 21, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 22, 2015 -- 5:30am
Whammer Anniversary/Rat Trap
WHAMMER ANNIVERSARY - Mr. and Mrs. Bots ford leave Becky to babysit TJ so they can celebrate their anniversary at a local ice cream parlor. When the Whammed can't get the sundae he orders he starts whamming. Becky has to find a way to save her parents, babysit TJ, and keep her secret identity intact. Vocabulary Words: Glimpse, Occasion. RAT TRAP - After an anonymous source tips off Word Girl, Dr. Two Brains smells a rat and his name is Hal Hard bargain! In order to get revenge, he forces Hal to create the ultimate weapon, a ray that turns superheroes into cheese! Vocabulary Words: Confiscate, Whiz.
Wed, Nov 18, 2015 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 20, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 21, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 22, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 23, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wordgirl and Bobbleboy/Crime in the Key of V
* WordGirl and BobbleBoy - TJ decides to make and sell his own WordGirl bobblehead dolls at all of her crime scenes. Unfortunately, the booming sales distract WordGirl so much that she loses her battle with Chuck! Will the bobblehead dolls put WordGirl out of business? Vocabulary Words: Bobble, Souvenir.
* Crime in the Key of V - Determined to be the best at everything, the villainous Victoria Best sets out to be the best superhero in the city and put WordGirl out of commission for good. When Victoria captures Amazing Rope Guy with her tractor beam eyes will WordGirl have to settle for second best? Vocabulary Words: Exceptional, Meddle.
Thu, Nov 19, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 23, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 24, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 28, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 29, 2015 -- 1:30am
Where Have All The Villains Gone?/Captain Tangent Returns
* Where Have All the Villians Gone? - Ms. Question comes up with a brilliant plan to get rid of WordGirl: eliminate all of the city's villains so WordGirl is no longer needed. Will Ms. Question be able to keep WordGirl away? Or will a villian-less city need her after all. Vocabulary Words: Eliminate, Entire.
* Captain Tangent Returns - With hopes of having an article published in the Big City Times, Scoops decides to go undercover and become part of Captain Tangent's pirate crew. After leaking Captain Tangent's plans to rob a vessel, will WordGirl make it time to save the day? Vocabulary Words: Vessel, Publish.
Fri, Nov 20, 2015 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 24, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 25, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 29, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 1:30am
Have Snob, Will Travel/Tobey's Playground Calamity
* Have Snob, Will Travel - Unable to choose the most valuable items to steal, The Butcher kidnaps Reginald the jeweler and uses him for his knowledge of fine artifacts. Amidst a fence painting contest, Becky must put her paint brush down so that WordGirl can rescue Reginald and stop the Butcher's stealing spree. Vocabulary Words: Formal, Fret.
* Tobey's PlayGround Calamity - Ms. Davis holds a recycling fundraiser contest to raise money for a new playground, which was destroyed by villains over the weekend. It will be dedicated in honor of the winner. Will Becky finally be recognized for her merits over WordGirl?Or will Tobey and his evil robots destroy the city in his quest to win? Vocabulary Words: Dedicate, Calamity.
Sat, Nov 21, 2015 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 25, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 26, 2015 -- 1:30am
The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift/Hal The Haggler
* The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift - After being captured by WordGirl and locked safely in a jar on the hottest day of the year, The Energy Monster convinces Eileen to free and feed him so that he is able to continue terrorizing the city and ruin the Summer Winter Carnival. WordGirl must recapture The Energy Monster but will she be able to do so when an angry Eileen turns into The Birthday Girl after her new pet is taken from her? Vocabulary Words: Guzzle, Monstrous. < br />* Hal the Haggler - While doing chores to save money for a new unicorn figurine, WordGirl must stop Granny May from stealing Cleopatra's Bed out of the museum. After a number of attempts, Granny May and WordGirl realize they are both being swindled by Hal. Will WordGirl team up with a villain in order to bring a swindler to justice? Vocabulary Words: Defend, Haggle.
Tue, Nov 24, 2015 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 26, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 27, 2015 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 28, 2015 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 29, 2015 -- 5:30am
The Learnerer/Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam
* The Learnerer - Using his talent to see things once and learn them immediately, The Learnerer is able to steal the giant Santa Tortuga diamond from Ms. Von Hoosinghaus. When WordGirl arrives to save the day, all of her moves are thwarted by The Learnerer, who has been studying her every move. Will she come up with a new move or will The Learnerer get away with the diamond? Vocabulary Words: Suffix, Misjudge.
* Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam - Mr. Big uses a mind control machine to convince an audience that his dinner theater show is a masterpiece worthy of big bucks, when in reality, it's the farthest thing from that. WordGirl must destroy the mind control machine and expose Mr. Big before he is able to empty the audiences' pocketbooks. Vocabulary Words: Embellish, Leery.
Thu, Nov 26, 2015 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 7:30pm
Wordbot/Mount Rush Here
* Wordbot - In order to get back at WordGirl for destroying his robots, Tobey builds a robot replica of WordGirl named WordBot. When WordBot gets jealous and turns against Tobey, WordGirl and Tobey are forced to team-up in order to defeat WordBot. Vocabulary Words: Devoted, Backfire.
* Mount Rush Here - When all the grown-ups suddenly go missing, the kids take full advantage of an adult-free world. But as it starts to take a toll on them, WordGirl discovers that Mr. Big is using yet another mind control device to make all the adults build a tribute in his honor. WordGirl must destroy the machine and rescue the adults, but can she do it without Mr. Big's help? Vocabulary Words: Advantage,Tribute.
Fri, Nov 27, 2015 -- 5:30am