This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
Mr. Big's Colossal Mini-Golf/The Young and the Meatless
* The Young and the Meatless: Romantic sparks fly when the Butcher meets Lady Redundant Woman's copy Dupey. Will Lady Redundant Woman allow a union between one of her copies and the meat-wielding villain? Vocabulary Words: Duplicate, Interruption.
* Mr. Big's Mini-Golf: There's a new villain in town, Guy Rich, he's a super rich evil businessman. Everyone is impressed by Guy - everyone except Mr. Big. Mr. Big schemes to win back the spotlight by building a Colossal Mini Golf Course. But what will happen when he puts his fellow evil villains under mind control? Vocabulary Words: Colossal, Scoff.
Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Oct 24, 2016 -- 5:30am
Who Is Ms. Question?/Lunch Lady Chuck
* Who Is Ms. Question? - Is asking question a superpower? The Coach certainly doesn't think so when he eliminates Ms. Question from Villain School. When lightning strikes, WordGirl is going to have to dodge more than just questions in order to stop her. Vocabulary Words: Inquire, Hilarious.
* Lunch Lady Chuck - Rather than spend his time in jail, Chuck is recruited to serve in the cafeteria at Becky's school. Chuck wows the students with superb sandwiches but things turn ugly when people request non-sandwich related lunches. Irritated by the lack of sandwich appreciation, Chuck returns to his evil ways forcing WordGirl to bring him to justice. Vocabulary Words: Disorderly, Famished.
Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 5:30am
Wed, Oct 26, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 1:30am
News Girl/Diorama Drama: The Scene of the Crime
* News Girl - There's a new girl in school, and though Becky wants to do her best to make Rose feel welcome, the new arrival may spell trouble for WordGirl. Rose fancies herself the town's greatest kid reporter (which really irks Scoops), and she makes uncovering WordGirl's real identity her first big assignment. When the Energy Monster breaks lose, WordGirl must not only figure out how to contain the Monster, but how to avoid a snooping Rose. Vocabulary Words: Expose, Details.
* Diorama Drama: The Scene of the Crime - The Diorama Bonzana Extravaganza has the whole school - and especially Violet - excited to create their own unique diorama. Becky, however, is dreading the event. While she might have a way with words, art is not her strong suit. She doesn't want to be embarrassed by a sub par project, so she does everything in her power to procrastinate, even letting herself get tangled up in the Amazing (and completely inept) Rope Guy's latest scheme. Vocabulary Words: Confront, Diorama.
Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 1:30am
Fri, Nov 18, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 23, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 24, 2016 -- 1:30am
Two Brains Quartet/Big's Big Bounce
* Two Brains Quartet - For the city's centennial celebration the Mayor promises to unveil its 100 year old cheese wheel to the winner of the Barbershop Quartet Competition. Both the Botsford family and Dr. Two Brains are assembling talented groups. Will Dr. Two Brains be able to sing his way to victory and run away with the city's oldest and most valuable cheese? Vocabulary Words: Melodious, Quartet.
* Big's Big Bounce - Becky and Bob join the City Scout Troop only to discover Mr. Big is the Guest Troop Leader. He vows to motivate Troop 865 to sell the most Scholastic Crunch Granola Bars in order to win the world famous Mega-Jump Trampoline. Vocabulary Words: Boost, Tempting.
Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 5:30am
Becky and the Bard/Monkey Robot Showdown
* Becky and the Bard - Violet and Becky compete for the coveted role of Juliet to play opposite the dreamy Hunter Throbheart in Romeo & Juliet. Violet is cast as Juliet while Becky is the understudy. When the Energy Monster captures Violet, Becky must chose between the role of a lifetime and saving her friend. Vocabulary Words: Shimmer, Memorize.
* Monkey Robot Showdown - The city is hosting the Big Checker Championship and Bob has to face off against Tobey's Robot, the Checkmate 3000! When Tobey puts the pressure on to win, his robot snaps and WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face must team up to stop Checkmate from destroying the city. Vocabulary Words: Champion, Vanquish.
Mon, Oct 24, 2016 -- 1:30am
Tim Botsford: Neighborhood Assistant/Set Sail for the Bake Sale
Tim Botsford: Neighborhood Assistant - Mr. Botsford, Becky, and Bob are walking through the park when they hear Pete the Porcupine crying for help. Becky is confident she can climb the tree to save Pete, but Mr. Botsford is convinced that she needs his help and protection. Hurt that Becky refuses his help, Tim becomes the Neighborhood Assistant, determined to help anyone who needs it (or doesn't). Can WordGirl save the city from Chuck's sandwich-making schemes AND keep Mr. Botsford from interfering? Vocabulary Words: Prevent, Assistant. Set Sail for the Bake Sale - When Becky finds out there's a Pretty Princess on Roller Skates show, she has to see it. She decides that the debate club should use the money from their bake sale to buy tickets instead of buying new podiums. But when Nocan the Contrarian sets out to steal all the granola bars from the bake sale, WordGirl springs into action! Will the debate team get their new podiums, Pretty Princess tickets, or nothing at all? Vocabulary Words: Distant, Transport.
Tue, Oct 25, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 29, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Oct 30, 2016 -- 1:30am
Opposite Day/Granny's Book Club
* Opposite Day - Becky's Opposite Day Extravaganza is in full swing until the festivities are interrupted by Nocan the Contrarian. The party guests must find a way to send Nocan back to the land of Contraia. Vocabulary Words: Extravaganza, Antonym.
* Granny's Book Club - The Association of Villains is ready to retire Granny May unless she's able to capture WordGirl. She successfully lures WordGirl into a trap by starting a book club. Will WordGirl be able to read between the lines and escape the clutches of Granny May? Vocabulary Words: Feisty, Retire.
Tue, Oct 25, 2016 -- 5:30am
Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Oct 28, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Oct 29, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Oct 30, 2016 -- 5:30am
Nocan The Contrarian/Meat My Dad
* Nocan The Contrarian - Mr. Botsford wins the role of "Mayor for the Day" just as WordGirl's newest villain Nocan the Contrarian lands ashore. When Mr. Botsford says "down" he says "up"! When WordGirl says "attack" he says "defend" followed by a barbaric yelp. WordGirl has to find his weakness in order to restore the city to normalcy. Vocabulary Words: Contrary, Exquisite
* Meat My Dad - When the Butcher's Dad "Kid Potato" appears on the scene, they unite to create the ultimate supervillain team: "Meat and Potatoes!" Quality father-son time gets on the Butcher's nerves, but somehow they still find a way to break the law. Vocabulary Words: Nemesis, Badger.
Wed, Oct 26, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 30, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Oct 31, 2016 -- 1:30am
Wham Up/Seeds of Doubt
* Wham Up - The Whammer is on a mission to become WordGirl's new sidekick. When he whams Captain Huggy Face into outer space WordGirl must find a way to rescue Huggy and put the Whammer back in the slammer. Vocabulary Words: Assist, Blunder.
* Seeds of Doubt - Ms. Question is scheming to steal the world-famous statue of the Ponderer in order to update her lair but she has to get past Joe the Guard. Ms. Question spreads seeds of doubt on Joe's bagel and throughout the museum so she can distract Joe and steal the statue. Can WordGirl defeat Ms. Question's seeds of doubt and save the statue? Vocabulary Words: Doubt, Refresh.
Wed, Oct 26, 2016 -- 5:30am
Fri, Oct 28, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Oct 29, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Oct 30, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Oct 31, 2016 -- 5:30am
The Best of the Best/Art's Parts
The Best of the Best - After TJ tells Becky all about his new friend Victor, she has a sneaking suspicion that he's related to the boastful Victoria Best. Turns out she's right - and now both Bests are spending the day at the Botsfords. As Becky tries to get along with Victoria, Victor makes a devious plan to not only best his sister, but to take away WordGirl's superpowers! Can WordGirl find a way to stop the bragging Bests and get back her powers? Vocabulary Words: Ancient, Twist. Art's Parts - When someone starts stealing every piece of art in the city, Becky sees just another crime - but Violet sees a downright awful tragedy. Although Becky has a hard time putting the importance of art into words, she's determined to catch this thief and put the art back where it belongs. Can she catch the villain in the act, or will all the creativity be sucked out of the city? Vocabulary Words: Evasive, Linger.
Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 5:30am
Mon, Oct 31, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 1, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 5, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 6, 2016 -- 1:30am
Seize The Cheese/Ms. Question's Riddle Rampage!
* Seize the Cheese - It's a beautiful Fall day and Mr. and Mrs. Botsford drag Becky and TJ away from their video game to enjoy a family hike. Dr. Two-Brains is also outside apple picking with his henchmen -- of course his plans involve seizing cheese, as well. Will Becky be able to sneak away from her family and become WordGirl to save the city's cheese? Vocabulary Words: Seize, Savor.
* Ms. Question's Riddle Rampage! - On their way to the beach, the Botsford family gets stuck in traffic - Ms. Question has put up a toll that citizens must answer a riddle to get through, otherwise, they'll be stranded! Will WordGirl be able to defeat Ms. Question by answering her most difficult riddle? Vocabulary Words: Stranded, Puzzled.
Fri, Oct 28, 2016 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 1, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 2, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 6, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 7, 2016 -- 1:30am
Oh What A Tangled Knot You Tie, Amazing Rope Guy/Kid Action News
* Oh What A Tangled Knot You Tie, Amazing Rope Guy - As a villain, the Amazing Rope Guy is not so amazing. He discovers that his true talent is mimicking others. When he goes on a crime spree impersonating all of the villains of the city WordGirl must find a way to end his career as an imposter. Vocabulary Words: Imposter, Untangle.
* Kid Action News - This just in: Becky, Scoops, and Violet won a chance to host Kids Action News at Noon. While covering a story of the largest grilled cheese sandwich, WordGirl swoops in to stop Chuck and Dr. Two Brains from snagging the sandwich. WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face team up again to save the sandwich, the city, and the news hour. Vocabulary Words: Tantalizing, United.
Sat, Oct 29, 2016 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 2, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 3, 2016 -- 1:30am
Tobey Or Consequences/High Fat Robbery
Tobey or Consequences: While Tobey has a babysitter, WG and Tobey get into a battle of words on a real-live match of the game show "Crash or Pie." Vocabulary Words: Enormous. Bicker. High Fat Robbery: The Butcher is hosting free barbecues as diversions to help him carry out his crimes; WordGirl takes him down, after discovering his meaty powers are neutralized by tofu! Vocabulary Words: Impressive/Diversion.
Tue, Nov 1, 2016 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 3, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 4, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 5, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 6, 2016 -- 5:30am
You Can't Crush City Hall/Two Brain Highway
Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy is threatening to smush City Hall with his giant sandwich press... unless WordGirl can guess his secret code-word in time! WordGirl must track down Dr. 2-Brains after he escapes from the Prison Warden's life-size maze, the same week there just happens to be lots of rare cheese to steal from events around town.
Wed, Nov 2, 2016 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 4, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 5, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 6, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 7, 2016 -- 5:30am
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1/Rhyme and Reason, Part 2
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1 - Rhyme and Reason, a new villainous duo, arrive in the city for a crime spree. But when WordGirl goes to put a stop to them, she finds that these scoundrels aren't on the same page - resulting in some of the strangest crimes she's ever seen. As WordGirl chases the quarreling villains around town, she realizes one of her own friendships is in jeopardy, too! Can WordGirl save her friendship AND her city? Vocabulary Words: Harmony, Resolve. Rhyme and Reason, Part 2 - Heroes, villains, and narrators alike are feeling down. WordGirl can't muster the enthusiasm to battle Tobey's robots, and Rhyme is lost without Reason. In order to stop these ridiculous (and destructive) crimes, WordGirl decides to get the villains back together and making sense. But once their back together, will Rhyme and Reason be too powerful to stop? Vocabulary Words: Forlorn, Chaos.
Thu, Nov 3, 2016 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 7, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 8, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 12, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 13, 2016 -- 1:30am
Tobey's Tricks and Treats/Escape Wham
* Tobey's Tricks and Treats - After losing the costume contest at school, Tobey sets his Robots on a candy-stealing spree and vows to ruin Halloween. Becky and Violet (in her WordGirl costume) plot to save the holiday...and the city. Vocabulary Words: Eerie, Supernatural.
* Escape Wham - When both Chuck and the Whammer attempt to steal famous, priceless Henry VIII artifacts, WordGirl assumes they're partners in crime. But instead of working together the two villains end up battling each other. Wham! Vocabulary Words: Potential, Boisterous.
Fri, Nov 4, 2016 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 8, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 13, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 14, 2016 -- 1:30am
Coupon Madness/When Life Gives You Potatoes....
Coupon Madness - Granny May goes on a crime spree by using her coupons printing-press to get things for free... WordGirl has to track her down and foil her plan. When Life Gives You Potatoes. . . Dr 2-Brains has escaped from prison again! WordGirl must find him before he perfects his latest weapon... a ray that can turn gold into cheese. (Luckily, so far, he's only succeeded in turning gold into potato salad.)
Sat, Nov 5, 2016 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 -- 1:30am
Jerky Jerk/Becky's Birthday
JERKY JERK: When Becky/WG's class takes a trip to the local museum, she must stop the Butcher from stealing their famous artifact: the ancient Beef Jerky of Supreme Power. Vocabulary Words: Clumsy/Supreme. BECKY'S BIRTHDAY: WG/Becky battles an expanding Energy Monster while her parents plan a surprise birthday party for Becky. Vocabulary Words: Appetite/Expand.
Tue, Nov 8, 2016 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 11, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 12, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 13, 2016 -- 5:30am
Chuck!/Down with Word Up
CHUCK!: Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy tries to steal gold instead of sandwiches, which is confusing to everyone else. WG must decide which is a bigger threat to the city - Chuck's crimes, or Mr. Botsford's strange-smelling traditional family recipe. DOWN WITH WORD UP: The clever villain Granny May tricks the townspeople to turn against WordGirl - providing a cover for her latest crime spree. WordGirl must save the town and turn public opinion back to her side.
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 11, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 12, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 13, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 14, 2016 -- 5:30am
Hello New Year, Goodbye Moon/Art in the Park
* Hello New Year, Goodbye Moon - It's New Years Eve! While the Botsfords celebrate with the greatest party ever, Dr. Two Brains is planning to turn the moon into cheese. Will the new year begin with Two Brains acting on his resolution to feast on a cheesy moon, or will WordGirl be able to stop him in time? Vocabulary Words: Massive, Resolution.
* Art in the Dark - Becky agrees to help out Violet with her poetry/painting/music performance. Meanwhile, Mr. Big has turned into a self-help guru, touting a good kind of mind control. Can Becky help out her best friend while finding out the truth behind Mr. Big's big ruse? Vocabulary Words: Performance, Ruse.
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 14, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 20, 2016 -- 1:30am
It's Your Party and I'll Cry if I Want To/Becky's Bad-itude
* It's Your Party and I'll Cry if I Want To - Becky discovers that Violet and Scoops were invited to Katy's birthday party while she wasn't, and she can't help but feel a little left out. When Tobey sends his robots out on a citywide rampage, destroying everything in their path, Becky realizes she might not be the only one who wasn't on Katy's invite list. Can Beck- I mean, WordGirl lift her classmate's robotic spirits before he ruins the birthday party? Vocabulary Words: Rampage, Sensitive.
* Becky's Bad-itude - Not only are Vanilly and Billy a pair of outer space rock 'n roll ninjas, they're the stars of the most popular TV show at Becky's school, and anybody who is anybody is has tickets to their concert. Thanks to Mr. Botsford, Becky has tickets, too - to The Squishy Funbots Rollerama. At the concert, Becky, embarrassed, tries her hardest not to be seen, but when Dr. Two-Brains crashes the Funbots concert, WordGirl must come out of hiding. Can WordGirl stop Two-Brains in his cheesy tracks? And will Becky ever admit that she likes Squishy Funbots, even a little bit? Vocabulary Words: Juvenile, Lack.
Fri, Nov 11, 2016 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 16, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 20, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 21, 2016 -- 1:30am
First One to Win Wins/A Little Bigger WordGirl
* First One to Win Wins - At the Botsford house, TJ has turned everything into an impossible competition, causing Becky to grow more and more frustrated every time she loses. When the Butcher steals Mrs. Von Hoosinghaus' prize poodle, Becky is eager to suit up as WordGirl and finally claim victory. But is it possible WordGirl might actually lose to the Butcher? Or will she discover that there are more important things than being the winner? Vocabulary Words: Victor, Fume.
* A Little Bigger WordGirl - Uh oh! WordGirl is captured by Dr. Two-Brains. However, just when Two-Brains is about to shrink WordGirl to the size of a mouse, his plan backfires, and WordGirl becomes bigger, not smaller. Though her bigger size allows her to break free from Two-Brains, she quickly realizes that she can no longer control her super powers. Does this mean Two-Brains can finally take control of the city, and WordGirl is helpless to stop him? Vocabulary Words: Elongate, Adjust.
Sat, Nov 12, 2016 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 16, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 17, 2016 -- 1:30am
A Curious Case of Curiosity/There's No V In Team
* A Curious Case of Curiousity - When Mrs. Botsford gets zapped by Ms. Question's Curiosity Field Creator, she cannot help but bombard Becky and TJ with a string of endless questions. Will WordGirl be able to stop Ms. Question before she turns not only her mother, but the whole city into a bunch of relentless question-askers or will she find herself incurably curious, too? Vocabulary Words: Privacy, Interrogate.
* There's No V in Team - We all know how Victoria Best deals with losing, right? Not very well. So when Becky causes Victoria to publically lose the City Quiz Bowl Championship, Victoria hatches a plan to take back the title and reclaim her place at #1, no matter the cost. Will WordGirl get the trophy back to its rightful owners? Will she finally teach Victoria Best what it means to be a good sport?Okay, maybe that second part is asking a little too much. Vocabulary Words: Swipe, Triumph.
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 17, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 18, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 20, 2016 -- 5:30am
Sparkling Clean/The Smile Collector
* Sparkling Clean - It's the day of the Pretty Princess Power Hour Marathon, and Becky is anxiously waiting for it to begin when Mrs. Botsford tells her that she cannot watch any TV until she finishes her chores. Becky decides to use her WordGirl superpowers not to complete her chores, but to hide the mess, and she discovers that her lack of responsibility may not only disappoint her parents, but Pretty Princess herself. Vocabulary Words: Shirk, Unruly.
* The Smile Collector - Violet is selling drawings to the public in exchange for smiles, and Becky, her best friend in the world, has promised to help her with her new business. However, when Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy causes trouble near Violet's art stand, Becky feels torn between her duties as a friend and her duties as the city's #1 superhero. Will WordGirl sacrifice her relationship with Violet to stop Chuck or will she keep her word to her friend, letting the super villain win? Vocabulary Words: Unique, Repulsive.
Wed, Nov 16, 2016 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 18, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 20, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 21, 2016 -- 5:30am
My Dad, My Teacher, My Dad, My Teacher/Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! So?
* My Dad, My Teacher, My Dad, My Teacher - Mr. Botsford gets a job as Becky's substitute teacher, and even though Becky's classmates love the change, Becky feels picked on by her father, er, teacher? After a tough day at school, WordGirl must stop The Butcher and his father Kid Potato from robbing the bank, and she realizes she isn't the only one feeling frustrated by a parent. Can WordGirl figure out how to stop the crime and repair The Butcher and Kid Potato's relationship... or at least just stop the crime? Vocabulary Words: Faculty, Expect.
*Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! So? - Becky is having trouble finding anyone to play Pretty Princess Magic Pony with now that Violet only wants to play the latest card game, Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! Go!, with TJ, and elementary schoolers aren't the only one who enjoy the game. Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy has a plan to steal the rarest Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! Go! card from a local shop. Can WordGirl stop Chuck in time? And more importantly, will she ever understand how to play this new game? Vocabulary Words: Absorbed, Include.
Thu, Nov 17, 2016 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 21, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 22, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 27, 2016 -- 1:30am
Backyard Camping/The Power of Whamship
* Backyard Camping - Becky, Violet and TJ want to try their hand at roughing it in the great outdoors, so they set up a tent in the Botsford backyard. Though TJ spends the night trying to frighten the girls with his best ghost stories, the night gets really scary when the Energy Monster breaks loose, making Violet confront her fear of the dark and WordGirl her fear of - spiders? Vocabulary Words: Portable, Farfetched.
* The Power of Whamship - It's a day at the beach for both superheroes and super villains. However, while Becky and Bob bicker over how to properly build a sand castle, The Whammer and Invisi-Bill form a new (crime-filled) friendship at the Villian School Barbeque. Can this friendship be the key to finally defeating WordGirl and Huggy, or will our superheroes resolve their differences in time to stop the crime spree? Vocabulary Words: Collaborate, Solo.
Fri, Nov 18, 2016 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 22, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 23, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 27, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 28, 2016 -- 1:30am
A Few Words from Wordgirl/Ears to You
* A Few Words from Wordgirl - The school is gearing up for Inspiration Day, and since WordGirl's heroic actions always uplift the town's citizens, the Principal asks WordGirl to make the keynote speech at the event. WordGirl agrees but immediately begins to feel the pressure. People are expecting a lot from her speech, and even though she can always be counted on to provide a word's definition, can WordGirl really use her words to inspire people? Vocabulary Words: Dawdle, Inspiration.
* Ears to You - Mr. Big is up to his mind-control tricks once again, this time through the use of some ultra adorable Squishy Bunny Ears. When Becky sees the Ears for sale, she scoffs, "Who wants to wear those?" Turns out, Mr. Botsford does, and as soon as he puts them on, he causes a citywide craze. People start buying up all of Mr. Big's Squishy Bunny Ears. It's BUN-demonium. Can WordGirl figure out Mr. Big's latest trick before the whole town is under his mind control? Vocabulary Words: Original, Laughable.
Tue, Nov 22, 2016 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 24, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 25, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 26, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 27, 2016 -- 5:30am
Accordion Tradition/Can't Touch This
* Accordion Tradition - When Becky inherits Mrs. Botsford's old accordion, she discovers she comes from a long line of stellar female accordion players. At first, Becky is excited about learning an instrument, but she quickly realizes that she, well... isn't very good. She is pretty terrible actually. But her practice session gets cut short by Granny May who, with the help of the stolen Magnifying Diamond, is cracking safes all around the city. Can WordGirl defeat Granny May and still get in enough accordion practice to make Mrs. Botsford proud? Vocabulary Words: Hesitate, Select.
* Can't Touch This - The Botsfords are out enjoying a family hike through the woods. The sounds of leaves rustling, birds chirping and TJ and Becky's incessant arguing fill the air. TJ won't keep his hands off of Becky's things, and she is getting fed up. When the Botsfords stumble across WordGirl's secret spaceship hideout, TJ immediately runs inside, eager to play with all the cool gadgets inside. As Becky is rushing to get her family out of the hideout, she hears the Whammer whamming trees close by. If he discovers her hideout, WordGirl will really be in trouble! But how can she defeat the Whammer and monitor TJ at the same time? Vocabulary Words: Property, Tinker.
Wed, Nov 23, 2016 -- 5:30am
Sat, Nov 26, 2016 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 27, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 28, 2016 -- 5:30am
El Queso Mysterioso/Putt with Honor
* El Queso Mysterioso - It's the day of the Magical Magicians Convention, and the entire Botsford family is excited to go and see their favorite magician, El Mysterioso, perform live. Everyone except Becky, that is, who would much rather be at the Pretty Princess book signing across the street. But Mr. Botsford emphasizes how important it is that they spend the day as a family. In the middle of the convention, Becky's super hearing picks up the sound of Dr. Two-Brains evil cackle from across the city. What could he be up to? Something criminal, no doubt. Can Becky figure out a way to suit up as WordGirl without missing out on family time and disappointing her father? Vocabulary Words: Illusion, Influence.
* Putt with Honor - TJ Botsford is mere hours away from winning the local mini golf tournament and getting his picture on Patrick Needlemeyer's Miniature Golf Super Universe Wall of Fame (which is only the biggest deal ever) . When Becky catches Eileen cheating - "I have to win because it's my birfday!" - she knows she has to stop her.She can't let TJ lose to Eileen! But what lengths will Becky go to prevent Eileen from winning? Will she go so far as to cheat herself? Vocabulary Words: Concentrate, Tournament.
Thu, Nov 24, 2016 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 28, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 29, 2016 -- 1:30am
Wed, Nov 30, 2016 -- 5:30am
Guess Who's Coming to Thanksgiving Dinner/Judging Butcher
* Guess Who's Coming to Thanksgiving Dinner - After an unfortunate turn of events at the grocery store, Tobey and his mother become the guests of honor at the Botsford's Thanksgiving dinner. Becky is less than thrilled to be sharing a table with her one of her secret nemeses, and Tobey would rather be spending Thanksgiving with WordGirl (little does he know he is!) When Tobey unleashes his Pilgrim-themed robots on the city, can Becky find a way to defeat him without being missed when Mrs. Botsford carves the turkey? Vocabulary Words: Grateful, Reluctant.
* Judging Butcher - Becky's best friend Violet may be great at drawing and painting, but when it comes to singing, well, let's just say it isn't her forte. But when Violet tells Becky that she is going to audition for The City's Got Too Much Talent, Becky doesn't have the heart to tell her it isn't a good idea. To make things even worse, the show has a new judge - The Butcher! Instead of slinging sausages at WordGirl and Huggy, the Butcher is running eager contestants through a verbal meat grinder. Can Becky stop Violet from auditioning without hurting her feelings? Vocabulary Words: Appreciate, Lyrics.
Fri, Nov 25, 2016 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 29, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 29, 2016 -- 11:30pm
Wed, Nov 30, 2016 -- 1:30am
Kid Math, Part 1/Kid Math, Part 2
* Kid Math, Part 1 - Turns out there's a new kid superhero in Fair City - Kid Math! From the planet Hexagon! And because his is from another planet, he is a little... well... clueless as to how to be a superhero on the planet Earth. He doesn't really understand the whole secret identity thing, and his crime fighting methods are a bit strange. Will Kid Math accidentally let Dr. Two-Brains get away with his plan to turn the entire city into cheese, or even worse, will he reveal WordGirl's real identity? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Kid Math, Part 2 - Becky Botsford (aka WordGirl) is trying to teach Rex (aka Kid Math) what it really means to be a superhero, that it is about protecting the town's citizens, not just defeating villains. And Rex's re education isn't exactly going as planned. Can WordGirl get Kid Math into fighting shape in time to stop Dr. Two-Brains from zapping the entire city with his cheese ray, or will the city she loves become Dr. Two-Brains' next snack? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Sat, Nov 26, 2016 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 30, 2016 -- 7:30pm
Royally Framed/Wordgirl Vs. Tobey Vs. The Dentist
* Royally Framed - Lady Redundant Woman is at the museum copying famous works of art when she becomes distracted and accidentally copies the Royal Dandy, bringing him to life... again. Royal Dandy's first priority is to make himself some mates, so he steals items from the museum and hands them out around town as gifts. When WordGirl confronts him, Royal Dandy pins the crime on her. Now the whole town thinks WordGirl is a thief! How will WordGirl outsmart the Royal Dandy and save her reputation? Vocabulary Words: Vain, Knickknack. < br>* WordGirl vs. Tobey vs. The Dentist - TJ, Becky and Bob are spending the afternoon with the coolest person in town - the dentist! Every kid loves their time with Dr. Clocktormocktor, except Tobey, who comes storming out of the exam room, adamant that there is no way he has a cavity. He tries to console himself with a delicious candy bar, but one bite sends him reeling in pain. Cradling his jaw, Tobey orders his robots to destroy the candy factory, which he sees as the cause of his pain, and since Becky (aka WordGirl) is stuck in a dentist's chair, this just might be one crime Tobey gets away with... Vocabulary Words: Appointment, Cavity.
Tue, Nov 29, 2016 -- 5:30am
Becky Knows Best/As Something As Something
Becky Knows Best - TJ entered himself in the school writing contest, and Becky is thrilled. After all, she has only won, like, a bajillion times! Only problem is that TJ doesn't want Becky's help. He wants to do it alone. Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy is facing a similar problem. His brother, Brent, has struck up a new friendship with Ms. Question and won't heed Chuck's warnings that Ms. Question is a no-good villain. But is Chuck right? Is Ms. Question up to something? And will he (and WordGirl) figure it out before it's too late? Vocabulary Words: Compatible, Certain. As Something as Something - It's the first official Botsford family De-Clutter Day, and Becky is having a hard time parting with some of her old things. She has so many memories attached to them! Mrs. Botsford on the other hand has no trouble parting with even some of the more valuable things, eager to bring them down to the new game show "As Something As Something" hosted by everyone's favorite villain, Seymour Smooth. Will WordGirl stop Seymour before he steals people's most prized possessions, or will she find herself tricked by him, too? Vocabulary Words: Clutter, Simile.