This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
Bonkers for Bingo/The Ballad of Steve McClean
* Bonkers for Bingo - Granny May is the city's newest bingo champion. WordGirl challenge Granny May in a bingo tournament to make sure that she's given up her evil ways. Vocabulary Words: Undefeated, Adore. < br>* The Ballad of Steve McClean - There's a new villain in town: the snazzy, cool and sanitized Steve McClean. Dr. Two-Brains teams-up with WordGirl to defeat Steve McClean, restore order and reclaim his status as the number one villain. Vocabulary Words: Snazzy, Heist.
Sat, Nov 1, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 4, 2014 -- 9:00am
Wed, Nov 5, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 -- 9:00am
Scary with a Side of Butter/Talent Show Tobey
*Scary with a Side of Butter - After telling the tale of the giant evil artichoke, Bampy Botsford sparks a panic throughout the city. Mr. Big uses this opportunity to do, what else, become even richer and more powerful! Will the giant artichoke really show up or will Mr. Big finally find a way to control the minds of citizens? Vocabulary Words: Fable, Artichoke.
* Talent Show Tobey - Becky volunteers to be Scoops' assistant for his magic act in the talent show. But when Tobey tricks WordGirl into performing his poetry at the talent show, she has to find a way to be on stage as Becky and WordGirl at the same time - all while saving the city from Tobey's latest robot. Vocabulary Words: Discombobulated,Essential.
Sun, Nov 2, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 3, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tobey's Tricks and Treats/Escape Wham
* Tobey's Tricks and Treats - After losing the costume contest at school, Tobey sets his Robots on a candy-stealing spree and vows to ruin Halloween. Becky and Violet (in her WordGirl costume) plot to save the holiday...and the city. Vocabulary Words: Eerie, Supernatural.
* Escape Wham - When both Chuck and the Whammer attempt to steal famous, priceless Henry VIII artifacts, WordGirl assumes they're partners in crime. But instead of working together the two villains end up battling each other. Wham! Vocabulary Words: Potential, Boisterous.
Sun, Nov 2, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 3, 2014 -- 1:30am
Tue, Nov 4, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Wed, Nov 5, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 -- 9:00am
Fri, Nov 7, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 8, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wishful Thinking/Lady Redundant Woman Gets The Blues
* Be Careful What You Wish For - Seymour Orlando Smooth is hoodwinking the audience members of his new show "Wishful Thinking." When he tricks Violet and TJ into giving him their money, Becky has had enough. She teams up with TJ to bring Smooth down and save the whole city from being tricked. Vocabulary Words: Gleaming, Hoodwinked.
* Lady Redundant Woman Gets the Blues - Beatrice Bixby is trying to prove a point: she thinks copies are just as good as the original. She helps the character from a painting, Royal Dandy, to become a real life kid and he's the most spoiled child the town has ever seen. WordGirl needs to help Lady Redundant Woman and the city stop his greedy rampage and return the original painting to the museum. Vocabulary Words: Admirer, Greed.
Sun, Nov 2, 2014 -- 1:30am
Have Snob, Will Travel/Tobey's Playground Calamity
* Have Snob, Will Travel - Unable to choose the most valuable items to steal, The Butcher kidnaps Reginald the jeweler and uses him for his knowledge of fine artifacts. Amidst a fence painting contest, Becky must put her paint brush down so that WordGirl can rescue Reginald and stop the Butcher's stealing spree. Vocabulary Words: Formal, Fret.
* Tobey's PlayGround Calamity - Ms. Davis holds a recycling fundraiser contest to raise money for a new playground, which was destroyed by villains over the weekend. It will be dedicated in honor of the winner. Will Becky finally be recognized for her merits over WordGirl?Or will Tobey and his evil robots destroy the city in his quest to win? Vocabulary Words: Dedicate, Calamity.
Sun, Nov 2, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tobey Or Consequences/High Fat Robbery
Tobey or Consequences: While Tobey has a babysitter, WG and Tobey get into a battle of words on a real-live match of the game show "Crash or Pie." Vocabulary Words: Enormous. Bicker. High Fat Robbery: The Butcher is hosting free barbecues as diversions to help him carry out his crimes; WordGirl takes him down, after discovering his meaty powers are neutralized by tofu! Vocabulary Words: Impressive/Diversion.
Mr. Big's Dolls and Dollars/Great Granny May
* Mr. Big's Dolls and Dollars - Everyone in town is obsessed with the new Walk& Talk WordGirl doll. There's just one BIG problem: she misuses and misspells words!
* Great Granny May - After a salon robbery the conniving Granny May is sentenced to house arrest - with her Mom, Great Granny May. Will house arrest and Granny May's doting mother get in the way of her crazy crime sprees?
Tue, Nov 4, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 5, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 8, 2014 -- 9:00am
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 -- 1:30am
High-Five Sandwich/The Robot Problem
* High-Five Sandwich - Chuck has won the prestigious "Sandwich of the Year" competition, but when his story in the Big City Times is overshadowed by the new High Five Sandwich trend that Becky, Scoops and Violet came up with, he goes out in to the city to seek revenge. He won't stop until he figures out who is responsible for this new and trendy "sandwich". Vocabulary Words: Trendy(y), Eager.
* The Robot Problem - At school, Becky's class is learning about how potatoes can be used to generate electricity. This gives Tobey a brilliant idea: potatoes used to fuel robots! But when The Coach steals his idea, WordGirl has to team up with Tobey to defeat the evil potato-fueled robots and save the city! Vocabulary Words: Fuel, Cackle.
Tue, Nov 4, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 8, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 -- 1:30am
Pretty Princess Premiere/Where's Huggy?
* Pretty Princess Premiere - Will Becky be able to attend "The Pretty Princess and Magic Pony" movie premiere or will the Energy Monster foil her chance of seeing Pretty Princess on the silver screen? Vocabulary Words: Anticipate, Premiere.
* Where's Huggy? - Disaster strikes when Bob goes missing. WordGirl tracks him down by making house calls at the evil villains lairs. Vocabulary Words: Rehearse, Shrug.
Tue, Nov 4, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 5, 2014 -- 9:00am
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 7, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 8, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 -- 5:30am
Who Wants Candy?/Chuck's Brother
* Who Wants Candy? - On a field trip to the local candy factory, The Birthday Girl goes on a candy eating spree. WordGirl must find a way to save the city's candy and win back her best friend and field trip buddy, Violet. Vocabulary Words: Awestruck, Mastermind.
* Chuck's Brother - Chuck's successful brother, Brent is in town and being honored for his latest invention... crustless bread! As the city prepares for the celebration, Chuck's envy gets the better of him. Can WordGirl stop Chuck from destroying the precious Golden Sandwich Award? Vocabulary Words: Sibling, Envious.
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 7, 2014 -- 9:00am
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 15, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 16, 2014 -- 1:30am
A Vote for Becky/Class Act
* A Vote for Becky: Mrs. Botsford is running for D.A. and Becky is running for student council president. Tobey decides to run against Becky and uses his robots to distract WordGirl. How will Becky win the election and save the city from total robot destruction?
* Class Act: The Butcher decides that his "wordiability" is getting in the way of his robbing sprees. So he enrolls in an adult education class to learn to articulate. Will the Butcher's new speech skills finally give him the advantage he needs to defeat WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face?
Fri, Nov 7, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 -- 9:00am
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 12, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 15, 2014 -- 9:00am
Sun, Nov 16, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 17, 2014 -- 1:30am
Becky and the Bard/Monkey Robot Showdown
* Becky and the Bard - Violet and Becky compete for the coveted role of Juliet to play opposite the dreamy Hunter Throbheart in Romeo & Juliet. Violet is cast as Juliet while Becky is the understudy. When the Energy Monster captures Violet, Becky must chose between the role of a lifetime and saving her friend. Vocabulary Words: Shimmer, Memorize.
* Monkey Robot Showdown - The city is hosting the Big Checker Championship and Bob has to face off against Tobey's Robot, the Checkmate 3000! When Tobey puts the pressure on to win, his robot snaps and WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face must team up to stop Checkmate from destroying the city. Vocabulary Words: Champion, Vanquish.
Sat, Nov 8, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 -- 9:00am
Wed, Nov 12, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 13, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 16, 2014 -- 9:00am
The Wrong Side of the Law: Part 1/The Wrong Side Of the Law: Part 2
The Wrong Side of the Law: Part 1 - The Birthday Girl steals a priceless collection of Pretty Princess figurines from the jewelry store ("Mine! Mine! MINE!"). In an unexpected turn of events Eileen (a.k.a. the Birthday Girl) charms the Police Commissioner and convinces him that WordGirl is the culprit. Vocabulary Words: Examine, Priceless.
Part 2 - WordGirl is stuck in jail, accused of stealing the priceless collection of Pretty Princess figurines while the villains of the city are running amok. What will happen when WordGirl gets cross-examined by her mom in court? Will WordGirl be able prove her innocence, save the city from chaos, and put the real criminal behind bars? Vocabulary Words: Objection, Trial.
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 12, 2014 -- 9:00am
Thu, Nov 13, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 14, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 15, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 16, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 1/Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 2
* Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 1 - Newsflash: WordGirl is mispronouncing words! Realizing her weakened state, Mr. Big captures WordGirl and plans to set up a mind control ray on the moon. Can the city and the entire planet be saved without her? (To be continued. . . ) Vocabulary Words: Flawless, Dominate.
* Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 2 - Mr. Big has captured WordGirl by exploiting her weakness to Lexonite. He's building a mind control device on the moon to achieve total global domination. WordGirl is forced to battle Mr. Big in outer space but will she be able to save the Earth? Vocabulary Words: Potent, Mission.
Wed, Nov 12, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 13, 2014 -- 9:00am
Fri, Nov 14, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 15, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 16, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 17, 2014 -- 5:30am
Dinner Or Consequences, Part 1/Dinner Or Consequences, Part 2
* Dinner or Consequences: Part 1 - Dr. Two Brains is stealing all the city's milk and using it-with help from the unusually talkative Energy Monster-to superpower his new ray and turn the whole city into cheese! It's up to WordGirl to find the disappearing dairy and stop Dr. Two Brains... even if it means missing her family feast and having to face the consequences. Vocabulary Words: Feast, Consequences.
* Part 2 - Becky has to rely on an old Botsford tradition - the family trial - to convince her family that she vanished from the feast for a good reason. But when the Energy Monster breaks Dr. Two Brains out of jail and the two head over to the Botsfords to take back a powerful invention, will Becky be able to prove her innocence and transform into WordGirl in time to stop two super villains? Vocabulary Words: Vanish, Rely.
Thu, Nov 13, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 14, 2014 -- 9:00am
Mon, Nov 17, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 18, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 22, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 23, 2014 -- 1:30am
Earth Day Girl/A Hero, A Thief, A Store and Its Owner
* Earth Day Girl - When the Birthday Girl learns that the Earth is having a special celebration (on her birthday!) she decides to teach the Earth a lesson. Will WordGirl find a way to stop the Birthday Girl and save Earth Day? Vocabulary Words: Recycle, Excess.
* A Hero, A Thief, A Store and Its Owner - A police officer arrives at the Jewelry Store only to find Reginald, Chuck, Captain Huggy Face, and WordGirl encased in condiment cocoons. He questions everyone, but uncovering the truth from a superhero, a villain, a monkey and a dramatic jewelry store clerk isn't as easy as it sounds. Vocabulary Words: Version, Recollect.
Fri, Nov 14, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 17, 2014 -- 9:00am
Tue, Nov 18, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 19, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 22, 2014 -- 9:00am
Sun, Nov 23, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Nov 24, 2014 -- 1:30am
Opposite Day/Granny's Book Club
* Opposite Day - Becky's Opposite Day Extravaganza is in full swing until the festivities are interrupted by Nocan the Contrarian. The party guests must find a way to send Nocan back to the land of Contraia. Vocabulary Words: Extravaganza, Antonym.
* Granny's Book Club - The Association of Villains is ready to retire Granny May unless she's able to capture WordGirl. She successfully lures WordGirl into a trap by starting a book club. Will WordGirl be able to read between the lines and escape the clutches of Granny May? Vocabulary Words: Feisty, Retire.
Sat, Nov 15, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 18, 2014 -- 9:00am
Wed, Nov 19, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 20, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 23, 2014 -- 9:00am
It's Your Party and I'll Cry if I Want To/Becky's Bad-itude
* It's Your Party and I'll Cry if I Want To - Becky discovers that Violet and Scoops were invited to Katy's birthday party while she wasn't, and she can't help but feel a little left out. When Tobey sends his robots out on a citywide rampage, destroying everything in their path, Becky realizes she might not be the only one who wasn't on Katy's invite list. Can Beck- I mean, WordGirl lift her classmate's robotic spirits before he ruins the birthday party? Vocabulary Words: Rampage, Sensitive.
* Becky's Bad-itude - Not only are Vanilly and Billy a pair of outer space rock 'n roll ninjas, they're the stars of the most popular TV show at Becky's school, and anybody who is anybody is has tickets to their concert. Thanks to Mr. Botsford, Becky has tickets, too - to The Squishy Funbots Rollerama. At the concert, Becky, embarrassed, tries her hardest not to be seen, but when Dr. Two-Brains crashes the Funbots concert, WordGirl must come out of hiding. Can WordGirl stop Two-Brains in his cheesy tracks? And will Becky ever admit that she likes Squishy Funbots, even a little bit? Vocabulary Words: Juvenile, Lack.
Tue, Nov 18, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 19, 2014 -- 9:00am
Thu, Nov 20, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 21, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 22, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 23, 2014 -- 5:30am
First One to Win Wins/A Little Bigger WordGirl
* First One to Win Wins - At the Botsford house, TJ has turned everything into an impossible competition, causing Becky to grow more and more frustrated every time she loses. When the Butcher steals Mrs. Von Hoosinghaus' prize poodle, Becky is eager to suit up as WordGirl and finally claim victory. But is it possible WordGirl might actually lose to the Butcher? Or will she discover that there are more important things than being the winner? Vocabulary Words: Victor, Fume.
* A Little Bigger WordGirl - Uh oh! WordGirl is captured by Dr. Two-Brains. However, just when Two-Brains is about to shrink WordGirl to the size of a mouse, his plan backfires, and WordGirl becomes bigger, not smaller. Though her bigger size allows her to break free from Two-Brains, she quickly realizes that she can no longer control her super powers. Does this mean Two-Brains can finally take control of the city, and WordGirl is helpless to stop him? Vocabulary Words: Elongate, Adjust.
Wed, Nov 19, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 20, 2014 -- 9:00am
Fri, Nov 21, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 22, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 23, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Nov 24, 2014 -- 5:30am
A Few Words from Wordgirl/Ears to You
* A Few Words from Wordgirl - The school is gearing up for Inspiration Day, and since WordGirl's heroic actions always uplift the town's citizens, the Principal asks WordGirl to make the keynote speech at the event. WordGirl agrees but immediately begins to feel the pressure. People are expecting a lot from her speech, and even though she can always be counted on to provide a word's definition, can WordGirl really use her words to inspire people? Vocabulary Words: Dawdle, Inspiration.
* Ears to You - Mr. Big is up to his mind-control tricks once again, this time through the use of some ultra adorable Squishy Bunny Ears. When Becky sees the Ears for sale, she scoffs, "Who wants to wear those?" Turns out, Mr. Botsford does, and as soon as he puts them on, he causes a citywide craze. People start buying up all of Mr. Big's Squishy Bunny Ears. It's BUN-demonium. Can WordGirl figure out Mr. Big's latest trick before the whole town is under his mind control? Vocabulary Words: Original, Laughable.
Thu, Nov 20, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 21, 2014 -- 9:00am
Mon, Nov 24, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Nov 25, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 29, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Nov 30, 2014 -- 1:30am
Kid Math, Part 1/Kid Math, Part 2
* Kid Math, Part 1 - Turns out there's a new kid superhero in Fair City - Kid Math! From the planet Hexagon! And because his is from another planet, he is a little... well... clueless as to how to be a superhero on the planet Earth. He doesn't really understand the whole secret identity thing, and his crime fighting methods are a bit strange. Will Kid Math accidentally let Dr. Two-Brains get away with his plan to turn the entire city into cheese, or even worse, will he reveal WordGirl's real identity? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Kid Math, Part 2 - Becky Botsford (aka WordGirl) is trying to teach Rex (aka Kid Math) what it really means to be a superhero, that it is about protecting the town's citizens, not just defeating villains. And Rex's re education isn't exactly going as planned. Can WordGirl get Kid Math into fighting shape in time to stop Dr. Two-Brains from zapping the entire city with his cheese ray, or will the city she loves become Dr. Two-Brains' next snack? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Fri, Nov 21, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Nov 24, 2014 -- 9:00am
Tue, Nov 25, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Nov 26, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 29, 2014 -- 9:00am
Sun, Nov 30, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Dec 1, 2014 -- 1:30am
El Queso Mysterioso/Putt with Honor
* El Queso Mysterioso - It's the day of the Magical Magicians Convention, and the entire Botsford family is excited to go and see their favorite magician, El Mysterioso, perform live. Everyone except Becky, that is, who would much rather be at the Pretty Princess book signing across the street. But Mr. Botsford emphasizes how important it is that they spend the day as a family. In the middle of the convention, Becky's super hearing picks up the sound of Dr. Two-Brains evil cackle from across the city. What could he be up to? Something criminal, no doubt. Can Becky figure out a way to suit up as WordGirl without missing out on family time and disappointing her father? Vocabulary Words: Illusion, Influence.
* Putt with Honor - TJ Botsford is mere hours away from winning the local mini golf tournament and getting his picture on Patrick Needlemeyer's Miniature Golf Super Universe Wall of Fame (which is only the biggest deal ever) . When Becky catches Eileen cheating - "I have to win because it's my birfday!" - she knows she has to stop her.She can't let TJ lose to Eileen! But what lengths will Becky go to prevent Eileen from winning? Will she go so far as to cheat herself? Vocabulary Words: Concentrate, Tournament.
Sat, Nov 22, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Nov 25, 2014 -- 9:00am
Wed, Nov 26, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Nov 27, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 30, 2014 -- 9:00am
Sonny Days with a Chance of Showers/Seymour....Right After This
SONNY DAYS WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS - Just when meteorologist, Sonny Days, is about to deliver the eagerly-awaited forecast, The Birthday Girl kidnaps him demanding that he announce her birthday on TV. Will WordGirl be able to free Sonny from the clutches of The Birthday Girl? Is it possible that today could be her real birthday? Vocabulary Words: Precipitation, Meteorologist. SEYMOUR-RIGHT AFTER THIS - When Seymour Smooth delays announcing his new show's winning ticket numbers, Becky gets suspicious. While the entire town is captivated by Seymour's exciting show, WordGirl must find a way to stop him and his evil band of robbers. Vocabulary Words: Delay, Captivated.
Tue, Nov 25, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Nov 26, 2014 -- 9:00am
Thu, Nov 27, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Nov 28, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Nov 29, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Nov 30, 2014 -- 5:30am
The Fill-In/Word (Hicc)Up!
THE FILL-IN - The Butcher volunteers to fill in when one of Dr. Two Brains' henchmen, Charlie, goes on vacation. But instead of giving him orders, Dr. Two Brains tries to convince him to team up to create the ultimate ham and cheese duo. It's up to WordGirl to intervene and still find time to go to the Around the Moon dance. Vocabulary Words: Surrender, Temporary. WORD (HICC)UP! - While WordGirl tries to find a remedy for the hiccups, Chuck tries to get his condiment ray fixed by Hal Hardbargain. Can WordGirl stop Chuck's latest crime spree or will her hiccups stop her? And who is this new guy, Hal Hardbargain? Vocabulary Words: Remedy, Glitch.
Wed, Nov 26, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Nov 27, 2014 -- 9:00am
Fri, Nov 28, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Nov 29, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Nov 30, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Dec 1, 2014 -- 5:30am
Leslie Makes It Big/Mouse Brain Take-Over
* Leslie Makes it Big - When Mr. Big gets hauled off to jail, his assistant, Leslie, takes over to carry out their latest evil plan-building the most powerful mind control device ever! Will Mr. Big help WordGirl defeat Leslie, or will Leslie become bigger than Mr. Big? Vocabulary Words: Ridiculous, Assume.
* Mouse Brain Take-over - Just as WordGirl is about to give TJ, the winner of the "WordGirl Synonym Contest," a tour of her secret hide-out, she discovers Dr. Two-Brains' is going on an all-out cheese rampage. This time he's more evil (and more mousy) than ever! Vocabulary Words: Abandon, Dilemma.
Thu, Nov 27, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Nov 28, 2014 -- 9:00am
Mon, Dec 1, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Dec 2, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 6, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Dec 7, 2014 -- 1:30am
Chuck with a Sidekick of Brent/Yarn-4-Gold
CHUCK WITH A SIDEKICK OF BRENT - Once again Chuck teams up with his successful brother, Brent who attempts to organize Chuck's robberies. But when Chuck rebels against the system he sets out to turn the city into a giant sandwich-unless WordGirl can stop him. Vocabulary Words: Accomplish, Schedule. YARN-4-GOLD - WordGirl and Bampy team up to take down the villainous Granny May and stop her newest criminal enterprise-exchanging gold jewelry for one-of-a-kind purple yarn replacements. Vocabulary Words: Rubbish, Swap.
Fri, Nov 28, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Dec 2, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Dec 3, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 7, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Dec 8, 2014 -- 1:30am
Wordgirl and Bobbleboy/Crime in the Key of V
* WordGirl and BobbleBoy - TJ decides to make and sell his own WordGirl bobblehead dolls at all of her crime scenes. Unfortunately, the booming sales distract WordGirl so much that she loses her battle with Chuck! Will the bobblehead dolls put WordGirl out of business? Vocabulary Words: Bobble, Souvenir.
* Crime in the Key of V - Determined to be the best at everything, the villainous Victoria Best sets out to be the best superhero in the city and put WordGirl out of commission for good. When Victoria captures Amazing Rope Guy with her tractor beam eyes will WordGirl have to settle for second best? Vocabulary Words: Exceptional, Meddle.
Sat, Nov 29, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Dec 3, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Dec 4, 2014 -- 1:30am
Where Have All The Villains Gone?/Captain Tangent Returns
* Where Have All the Villians Gone? - Ms. Question comes up with a brilliant plan to get rid of WordGirl: eliminate all of the city's villains so WordGirl is no longer needed. Will Ms. Question be able to keep WordGirl away? Or will a villian-less city need her after all. Vocabulary Words: Eliminate, Entire.
* Captain Tangent Returns - With hopes of having an article published in the Big City Times, Scoops decides to go undercover and become part of Captain Tangent's pirate crew. After leaking Captain Tangent's plans to rob a vessel, will WordGirl make it time to save the day? Vocabulary Words: Vessel, Publish.
Tue, Dec 2, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Dec 4, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Dec 5, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 6, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Dec 7, 2014 -- 5:30am
The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift/Hal The Haggler
* The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift - After being captured by WordGirl and locked safely in a jar on the hottest day of the year, The Energy Monster convinces Eileen to free and feed him so that he is able to continue terrorizing the city and ruin the Summer Winter Carnival. WordGirl must recapture The Energy Monster but will she be able to do so when an angry Eileen turns into The Birthday Girl after her new pet is taken from her? Vocabulary Words: Guzzle, Monstrous. < br />* Hal the Haggler - While doing chores to save money for a new unicorn figurine, WordGirl must stop Granny May from stealing Cleopatra's Bed out of the museum. After a number of attempts, Granny May and WordGirl realize they are both being swindled by Hal. Will WordGirl team up with a villain in order to bring a swindler to justice? Vocabulary Words: Defend, Haggle.
Wed, Dec 3, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Dec 5, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Dec 6, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 7, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Dec 8, 2014 -- 5:30am
The Learnerer/Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam
* The Learnerer - Using his talent to see things once and learn them immediately, The Learnerer is able to steal the giant Santa Tortuga diamond from Ms. Von Hoosinghaus. When WordGirl arrives to save the day, all of her moves are thwarted by The Learnerer, who has been studying her every move. Will she come up with a new move or will The Learnerer get away with the diamond? Vocabulary Words: Suffix, Misjudge.
* Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam - Mr. Big uses a mind control machine to convince an audience that his dinner theater show is a masterpiece worthy of big bucks, when in reality, it's the farthest thing from that. WordGirl must destroy the mind control machine and expose Mr. Big before he is able to empty the audiences' pocketbooks. Vocabulary Words: Embellish, Leery.
Thu, Dec 4, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Dec 8, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Dec 9, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 13, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Dec 14, 2014 -- 1:30am
Wordbot/Mount Rush Here
* Wordbot - In order to get back at WordGirl for destroying his robots, Tobey builds a robot replica of WordGirl named WordBot. When WordBot gets jealous and turns against Tobey, WordGirl and Tobey are forced to team-up in order to defeat WordBot. Vocabulary Words: Devoted, Backfire.
* Mount Rush Here - When all the grown-ups suddenly go missing, the kids take full advantage of an adult-free world. But as it starts to take a toll on them, WordGirl discovers that Mr. Big is using yet another mind control device to make all the adults build a tribute in his honor. WordGirl must destroy the machine and rescue the adults, but can she do it without Mr. Big's help? Vocabulary Words: Advantage,Tribute.
Fri, Dec 5, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Dec 9, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Dec 10, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 14, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Dec 15, 2014 -- 1:30am
Road Rage, Anger, and Fury/By Jove, You've Wrecked My Robots!
*By Jove, You've Wrecked My Robots! - With the hopes of exposing WordGirl's true identity, Tobey takes a game about evil robots to Becky's house. When the game turns out to be a real battle between actual robots, Becky must do what she can to save the city and keep WordGirl's true identity a secret. Vocabulary Words: Savvy, Realize.
* Road Rage, Anger, and Fury - Feeling at the end of her rope and fed up with all of the city's traffic, Lady Redundant Woman creates an army of copies in order to block all of the other cars and get her own carried out of traffic. Can Becky successfully trick her family into believing that a Becky balloon is actually her so that WordGirl can get out into traffic to defeat Lady Redundant Woman? Vocabulary Words: Obstacle, Rant.
Sat, Dec 6, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Dec 10, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 -- 1:30am
The Meaty Dimension/The Case of the Copied Mrs. Botsford
* The Meaty Dimension - The Butcher discovers the portal where all of his meat is stored and concocts a plan to trap Huggy and WordGirl so that he can take over the city. Will WordGirl and Huggy be able to outsmart the butcher and get rid of his meat portal for good? Vocabulary Words: Portal, Overpower.
* The Case of the Copied Mrs. Botsford - LRW has made copies of all the important city officials and has sent them out into the city to do all of her dirty work. A copy of Mrs. Botsford has robbed the bank sending the real Mrs. Botsford to run from the police. Will WordGirl be able to prove her mom innocent? Vocabulary Words: Grip, Convince.
Tue, Dec 9, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 13, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Dec 14, 2014 -- 5:30am
The Good, The Bad, and the Chucky/Granny's Pet Plan
* The Good, the Bad, and the Chucky - Chuck is finally fulfilling his dream and selling grilled cheese sandwiches out of the back of his station wagon - a totally legitimate, non-villainous plan. But when Dr. Two-Brains smells cheese, he can't resist. Will Chuck be able to pursue his dream or will it be foiled by Dr. Two-Brains? Vocabulary Words: Pursue, Yearn.
* Granny's Pet Plan - It seems as though Granny May has given up a life of crime to knit cute little scarves for pets. But when everyone in the city begins to misplace their things, will WordGirl be able to figure out if people are really misplacing things or if someone else is responsible? Vocabulary Words: Accessory, Misplace(d).
Wed, Dec 10, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Dec 13, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 14, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Dec 15, 2014 -- 5:30am
Don't Mess with the Best/Peanut Butter Battles
* Don't Mess with the Best - Since Victoria Best couldn't outdo WordGirl at being a superhero she decides to become the cities' best villain. Using her magic recorder, she steals all the villains' weapons and lures WordGirl to the bank. Will WordGirl be able to stop her or will Victoria be the one villain who takes down WordGirl once and for all? Vocabulary Words: Defeat, Unstoppable.
* Peanut Butter Battles - Chuck adds a new condiment to his arsenal - peanut butter! The highly sticky substance envelops its victims in a giant ball of peanut butter. Since Huggy has to roll a peanut butter covered WordGirl around town, will she be able to stop him? Vocabulary Words: Envelop, Hinder.
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Dec 15, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Dec 16, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 20, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Dec 21, 2014 -- 1:30am
Plain Old Mischief Makers/House Arrest
* Plain Old Mischief Makers - When best friends Big Left Hand Guy and InvisiBill risk losing their super villain status, they decide to pull off their biggest heist to date. Can WordGirl stop this determined duo who always manage to escape her at the last minute? Vocabulary Words: Diminish, Declare.
* House Arrest - While Chuck's jail cell is being painted, he's put under house arrest at the Botsford's. Becky is stuck spending more time waiting on Chuck rather than fighting the other villains. Vocabulary Words: Release, Rowdy.
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Dec 16, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Dec 17, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 21, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Dec 22, 2014 -- 1:30am
Monkey Business/Say It Again, Eileen
* Monkey Business - After a battle, WordGirl accidentally leaves Captain Huggy Face behind (again). So he spends the day doing all of his favorite things. When an overzealous Chuck strikes, it's up to Captain Huggy Face to single-handedly save the day. Vocabulary Words: Recall, Zeal.
* Say It Again, Eileen - Eileen won't stop copying Becky - and it's driving Becky nuts! Can WordGirl stop Eileen from transforming into the Birthday Girl before the bake sale (and Becky's treasured crumpets) are ruined? Vocabulary Words: Stymie, Guidance.
Sat, Dec 13, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Dec 17, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Dec 18, 2014 -- 1:30am
Day at the Museum/Best Fan Club Meeting Ever
* Day at the Museum - Scoops takes Becky, Bob, and Violet to the museum to find inspiration for his news story for The Big City Times. When they hear a rumor about a haunted treasure, the team goes on a search - with The Butcher right behind! Can Scoops, Becky, Bob, and Violet find the treasure, evade The Butcher, and do it all in time for Scoops to keep his deadline? Vocabulary Words: Rumor, Deadline.
* Best Fan Club Meeting Ever - TJ plans a meeting to divulge a secret about WordGirl to International WordGirl Fan Club members. However, when Tobey finds out that a secret about his love/nemesis will be revealed, he crashes the meeting with an eavesdropping robot and threatens to destroy the clubhouse. WordGirl has to spring into action to save the clubhouse and her fans! Vocabulary Words: Divulge, Eavesdrop.
Tue, Dec 16, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Dec 18, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Dec 19, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 20, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Dec 21, 2014 -- 5:30am
Who's Your Granny?/Win A Day with Wordgirl
* Who's Your Granny? - Granny May decides to become more notorious by committing bigger crimes involving crazy contraptions. Meanwhile, Becky is frustrated that she does not appear in any yearbook photos since she always has to escape to fight crime as WordGirl. Will Becky/WordGirl ever be able to get her photo in the yearbook and find time to interact with the new, hi-tech Granny May? Vocabulary Words: Interact, Contraption.
Wed, Dec 17, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Dec 19, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Dec 20, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 21, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Dec 22, 2014 -- 5:30am
A World Without WordGirl, Part 1/A World Without WordGirl, Part 2
A WORLD WITHOUT WORDGIRL, PART 1 - When Becky's most amazing birthday party ever gets interrupted one too many times by citizens in need of WordGirl's assistance, she wishes on her birthday candle for a WordGirl-free world. After they're blown out, she realizes her wish has come true. What has she done?! Vocabulary Words: Obligation, Antsy.
A WORLD WITHOUT WORDGIRL, PART 2 - After making a wish for a WordGirl-free world, Becky realizes it has come true. Not only does WordGirl not exist, but Chuck is now the King and has the new city following all sorts of strange rules. Will Becky find the last piece of enchanted birthday cake so that she can wish for the return of WordGirl and make things go back to how they were before? Vocabulary Words: Enchanted, Unusual.
Thu, Dec 18, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Dec 22, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Dec 23, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 27, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sun, Dec 28, 2014 -- 1:30am
Mon, Dec 29, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Tue, Dec 30, 2014 -- 5:30am
The Rise of Miss Power, Part 1/The Rise of Miss Power, Part 2
* Part 1 - There's a new super hero in town! Miss Power has come to earth from outer space along with her sidekick,Captain Giggle Cheeks. WordGirl is excited for Miss Power to teach her everything she knows. But is Miss Power really a super hero? Or could she be a super villain? Vocabulary Words: Harsh, Vigor, Encourage, Ploy.
* Part 2 - Besides using her super strength and super speed to defeat villains, Miss Power has another secret weapon: using mean words against others. WordGirl would rather not use her words harshly...but after giving it a shot, she feels empowered. Soon,everyone starts wondering "what has gotten into WordGirl?" And the Botsford's are beginning to wonder "What has gotten into Becky?" Vocabulary Words: Harsh, Vigor, Encourage, Ploy.
Fri, Dec 19, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Dec 23, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Dec 24, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 28, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Mon, Dec 29, 2014 -- 1:30am
The Rise Of Miss Power, Part 3/the Rise Of Miss Power, Part 4
* Part 3 - Miss Power has taken the bullying thing way too far and WordGirl doesn't like being associated with such a mean person. But when WordGirl tries to stand up to Miss Power,she gets belittled and stripped of her super hero star. Dejected and sulking, Becky goes home to her family. But Miss Power is there to take Mrs. Botsford away! Will WordGirl be able to save her mom and defeat Miss Power without sinking to her level? Vocabulary Words: Harsh, Vigor, Encourage, Ploy.
* Part 4 - WordGirl needs to come up with a plan to save her mom and get rid of Miss Power, fast! Huggy decides to share with her a pamphlet full of secret battle moves from her home planet: Lexicon. Will these moves be enough to save the city from Miss Power? Vocabulary Words: Harsh, Vigor, Encourage, Ploy.
Sat, Dec 20, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Dec 24, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Thu, Dec 25, 2014 -- 1:30am
Who Wants To Get Rid Of Wordgirl?/The Talented Mr. Birg
* Who Wants to Get Rid of WordGirl? - Seymour Smooth has brought some of WordGirl's biggest villain enemies together to play a game of, Who Wants to Get Rid of WordGirl? Will his strategy of using them to ultimately defeat WordGirl work? Or will he find himself outsmarted by our hero? Vocabulary Words: Strategy, Giddy.
* The Talented Mr. Birg - When Scoops writes an article about all the times WordGirl has been tricked and captured by villains, she goes off to prove him wrong. And when someone who looks just like Mr. Big claims to be a Mr. Birg, WordGirl is convinced he's lying, and refuses to be tricked again. But when Mr. Birg proves to be telling the truth, will WordGirl look foolish in front of her fans again, or is Mr. Big actually behind this? Vocabulary Words: Employee, Doppelganger.
Tue, Dec 23, 2014 -- 5:30am
Thu, Dec 25, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fri, Dec 26, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sat, Dec 27, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Sun, Dec 28, 2014 -- 5:30am
One Last Sandwich/Caper Or Plastic
* One Last Sandwich - While Becky and her mom set out to build a new bookcase that will hold all of Becky's books, The Whammer convinces Chuck to commit one last crime with him before he retires. Will they be able to work as a team and pull off the ultimate sandwich heist? Vocabulary Words: Final, Pacify.
* Caper or Plastic - While Becky is busy thinking about what she wants to be when she grows up, Hal Hardbargain is busy trying to get WordGirl to help him get his bag blaster back from the infamous and mysterious Masked Bagger. Will WordGirl be able to figure out the Masked Bagger's true identity? Vocabulary Words: Muffled, Flashback.
Wed, Dec 24, 2014 -- 5:30am
Fri, Dec 26, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Sat, Dec 27, 2014 -- 1:30am
Sun, Dec 28, 2014 -- 11:30pm
Mon, Dec 29, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tell Her What She's Won/Victoria Is The Best...Wordgirl?
* Tell Her What She's Won - A jealous Seymour Smooth has kidnapped Beau Handsome, the host of everyone's favorite game show, "May I Have a Word?" When he starts stealing money from innocent contestants, WordGirl makes an appearance. Will she be able to rescue Beau and come up with a game plan to put Seymour back where he belongs-behind bars? Vocabulary Words: Bombard, Emcee.
* Victoria is the Best.. . WordGirl? - When Scoops snaps a picture of Victoria Best suspiciously appearing after WordGirl has disappeared, he believes he has finally figured out who the real WordGirl is! Victoria is thrilled to be called WordGirl, the BEST superhero in the city. Will WordGirl be able to prove that Victoria is actually fibbing without giving away WordGirl's actual secret identity? Vocabulary Words: Fib, Mistaken.
Thu, Dec 25, 2014 -- 5:30am
Mon, Dec 29, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Tue, Dec 30, 2014 -- 1:30am
Of Two Minds/Yes Monkey
* Of Two Minds - It looks as though Dr. Two Brains has given up his cheese-stealing ways and decided to go straight. It's true, he's not stealing cheese anymore because he's discovered a giant cheese asteroid and has used his cheese seizer to redirect its path straight towards Earth! Will WordGirl convince him to change his mind in time to save Earth from being covered in cheese? Vocabulary Words: Waver, Vast.
* Yes Monkey - When Leslie resigns as Mr. Big's assistant, he goes out in search of a new one. Captain Huggy Face gets the job and Mr. Big uses mind control to make sure Huggy obeys his every order. When WordGirl sees that Huggy is on Mr. Big's team, she can't help but feel betrayed. So WordGirl teams up with a new sidekick, Leslie, to get her old one back. Vocabulary Words: Trance, Resign.
Fri, Dec 26, 2014 -- 5:30am
Tue, Dec 30, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Wed, Dec 31, 2014 -- 1:30am
Dr. Two Brains, Mr. Cheese/Kitty Cat Criminals
* Dr. Two Brains, Mr. Cheese - Fed up with his henchmen, Dr. Two Brains begins the search for a new sidekick. He's thrilled to find Mr. Cheese, who seems to be perfect for the job, but soon regrets the decision as Mr. Cheese takes control and makes Dr. Two Brains HIS sidekick! Will Dr. Two Brains agree to take orders from a tiny, evil mouse? Will WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face stop the evil pair before it's too late? Vocabulary Words: Command, Location/Locate.
* Kitty Cat Criminals - When The Butcher and Chuck join forces, they have a surprisingly hard time coming up with a meat-and-sandwich related crime to commit. Stumped, they discover an opportunity to steal feline artifacts and memorabilia, prompting Chuck to bring back his former alter-ego, The Hansome Panther and the Butcher to take on the identity of his former sidekick Lil' Mittens! Will WordGirl be too distracted jazzing up her own costume to outsmart the duo and once again save the day? Vocabulary Words: Ornamental, Feline.
Sat, Dec 27, 2014 -- 5:30am
Wed, Dec 31, 2014 -- 7:30pm
Fortune Crookie/Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime
* Fortune Crookie - When Seymour Smooth's latest show is cancelled, the desperate host must come up with a plan to get some quick cash. Meanwhile, Becky is suspicious when the townspeople start giving their hard-earned money to a mysterious object that claims to know the future. Will WordGirl be able to connect Seymour to the scam and help the townspeople get their money back? Vocabulary Words: Predict, Enthrall.
* Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime - When Becky and Mr. Botsford head into the forest to find an important ingredient for their Bold Botsford Stew they run into trouble! Dr. Two Brains and his henchmen are also searching for Bold Botsford Basil to complete a stolen recipe. Will WordGirl step in to make sure all's fair in the forest? Vocabulary Words: Concoction, Elusive.
Wed, Dec 31, 2014 -- 5:30am
Go Gadget Go/Emergency Plan #999
* Go Gadget Go - TJ and his friend Johnson both think they are WordGirl's #1 fan and they compete to prove it! When WordGirl challenges them to each come up with a new gadget to help her fight crime, Johnson accepts help from Tobey! Will the device made by Johnson and Tobey help WordGirl or will it be another one of Tobey's tricks to try to control her? Vocabulary Words: Brainstorm, Gadget. < br />* Emergency Plan #999 - It's TJ to the rescue!?! When Dr. Two Brains captures Captain Huggy Face and forces WordGirl to remember all 998 of her emergency plans to get him back, WG realizes she needs help. WordGirl calls on her biggest fan, who just happens to be her little brother to help her. When Dr. Two Brains refuses to play fair, however, it becomes a Botsford family effort to save the day! Vocabulary Words: Courageous, Stunt.