KQED Public Radio Highlights
Today at 10:00am
Historian Jared Farmer's book "Trees in Paradise" tells the story of California through four main characters: the majestic redwood, the glamorous palm, the fragrant eucalyptus, and the colorful citrus tree.
Today at 1:00pm
Repeats at 7pm
Brigid Schulte discusses her new book, "Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time," which looks at how employers and the government have dealt with working parents who need time for their children.
Today at 9:30am
Russia continued to tighten its control of the Crimean peninsula on Monday, with pro-Russian forces taking over a naval base that had been blockaded by Ukrainian troops. We'll analyze the latest developments in Ukraine with Georgetown University professor Angela Stent.
Today at 4:00pm
Repeats at 6:30pm
We usually think of fashion advertisements as billboards and glossy magazine spreads. The show looks at how a growing number of fashion companies are now using short films to promote their brand.
What's on now?
Search our audio archives of KQED-produced programs below, and listen to past episodes on your computer or take them with you on your iPod.
KQED airs some of the best programs from independent radio producers and public radio networks around the world including: America Abroad, Hearing Voices, and Radiolab.
View airtimes on upcoming specials
Daily news and a weekly newsmagazine, produced by KQED in partnership with stations statewide.
Cy Musiker and David Wiegand on the hottest tickets and shows in Northern California.
KQED's live call-in program presents wide-ranging discussions and in-depth interviews.
KQED's local news program reporting on the latest happenings in Northern California.
Our series of daily listener commentaries since 1991.
NPR Hourly News
- Parents Can’t Get Enough of Their Phones, Even During Meals With Kids
- President Obama Adds Mendocino Site to California Coastal National Monument
- 6.8 Quake Shakes Northern California Coast; No Tsunami Threat
- Brown Tussles With Fracking Foes at State Convention
The California Report
- Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris and Lawmakers Introduce Bills to Fight Truancy "Crisis"
- Restoring a River Habitat Outside of San Diego
- President Obama Signs Proclamation to Protect Coast Near Point Arena
- California Democrats Rally Base and Face Transition at Convention
- Ukrainians in Los Angeles React to Russian Occupation of Crimea