KQED Public Radio Highlights
Today at 10:00am
Jaron Lanier is an Internet visionary and pioneer in the development of virtual reality. We'll talk to him about surveillance, privacy, income inequality and other issues raised in his latest book, "Who Owns the Future?"
Today at 1:00pm
Repeats at 7pm
Host Terry Gross speaks with film director and writer Wes Anderson. His new film is the comedy, "The Grand Budapest Hotel," set in the 1930s in an elegant hotel in a fictional Eastern European city on the verge of war.
Today at 4:00pm
Repeats at 6:30pm
Coffee, chocolate and energy drinks all have one thing in common: caffeine. The show looks at how companies profit from America's favorite drug-addiction.
Here & Now
Today at 11:00am
The show looks at a previously unpublished story by Jack Kerouac that pays tribute to friends killed in World War II.
What's on now?
Search our audio archives of KQED-produced programs below, and listen to past episodes on your computer or take them with you on your iPod.
KQED airs some of the best programs from independent radio producers and public radio networks around the world including: America Abroad, Hearing Voices, and Radiolab.
View airtimes on upcoming specials
Daily news and a weekly newsmagazine, produced by KQED in partnership with stations statewide.
Cy Musiker and David Wiegand on the hottest tickets and shows in Northern California.
KQED's live call-in program presents wide-ranging discussions and in-depth interviews.
KQED's local news program reporting on the latest happenings in Northern California.
Our series of daily listener commentaries since 1991.
NPR Hourly News
- San Francisco Firefighters Mopping Up Massive Mission Bay Blaze
- New Jersey to Shut Down Tesla Sales Outlets in Garden State
- East Palo Alto’s Biggest Landlord Opposes Proposed Tenant Protection Law
- Google Glass Hits Speed Bump Over Privacy, Distracted Driving Concerns
The California Report
- Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris and Lawmakers Introduce Bills to Fight Truancy 'Crisis'
- Restoring a River Habitat Outside of San Diego
- President Obama Signs Proclamation to Protect Coast Near Point Arena
- California Democrats Rally Base and Face Transition at Convention
- Ukrainians in Los Angeles React to Russian Occupation of Crimea