KQED Public Radio Highlights
Today at 9:00am
Forum discusses what the relocation of the Oakland Raiders means for the Bay Area and how fans are responding to news of the NFL vote.
Here & Now
Today at 11:00am
Kory Stamper is a rock star editor with Merriam-Webster, waging battles over whether "irregardless" is a word, or how the verb "take" should be properly defined. We’ll speak with him.
Today at 4:00pm
Repeats at 6:30pm
Big data can answer big questions. But can data and machine learning algorithms predict when people are going to die?
What's on now?
New Ways to Hear KQED
To get started, use the easy links above. Or inside iTunes Radio search "KQED" and be sure to "add" our station to your personal "My Stations" list for future listening. Visit tunein.com and search for KQED then click the "+" or "follow" button.
Search our audio archives of KQED-produced programs below, and listen to past episodes on your computer or take them with you on your iPod.
Radio Technical Issues
As we become aware of technical problems originating from KQED Radio, we will list them here.
We are aware that some Comcast/Xfinity customers have lost access to local radio stations in the upper 900 channels, particularly KQED 88.5 Public Radio on channel 960. Comcast has begun another system-wide upgrade of their equipment. It is our understanding that late last year some Xfinity customers received notices along with their bills that, in […]
To view previous issues and how they were resolved, go to our Radio Technical Issues page.
KQED airs some of the best programs from independent radio producers and public radio networks around the world including: America Abroad, Hearing Voices, and Radiolab.
View airtimes on upcoming specials
Daily news and a weekly newsmagazine, produced by KQED in partnership with stations statewide.
Cy Musiker and David Wiegand on the hottest tickets and shows in Northern California.
KQED's live call-in program presents wide-ranging discussions and in-depth interviews.
KQED's local news program reporting on the latest happenings in Northern California.
Our series of daily listener commentaries since 1991.
NPR Hourly News
The California Report
- Another California City Loses Out on NFL as Raiders Head to Las Vegas
- State Lawmakers Slam Trump Administration 'Blackmail' of Sanctuary Cities
- California's Sanctuary Cities Could Lose Millions in Federal Grants
- Lawmakers Look to California Retirement Funds to Protest Trump
- Gov. Jerry Brown Pushes President Trump to Invest in Infrastructure
- Violence Breaks Out at Trump Rally in Politically Divided Orange County
- Divided Big Sur Counting on Trail to Reconnect the Community
- Lawmakers Unveil Bill to Limit Cash Bail in California
- What Would Singer-Payer Health Care Look Like in California?