KQED Public Radio Highlights
This American Life
Today at 12:00pm
Repeats at 9:00pm
Stories of people going to extreme measures to demonstrate their feelings. Elna Baker makes a questionable trip to Africa, while a man in Florida commits a series of disturbing acts in the name of love. Ira goes to a high school to talk to kids before a dance.
Today at 2:00pm
Repeats at midnight
Once a kid is born, their genetic fate is pretty much sealed. Or is it? This hour, we put nature and nurture on a collision course and discover how outside forces can find a way inside us, shaping not just our hearts and minds, but the basic biological blueprint that we pass on to future generations.
Today at 4:00pm
We know that America was built on the idea of protecting religious liberty... But what happens when religious groups take advantage of these special freedoms to make money, skirt rules, or hurt children?
Tune in for KQED's series of daily listener commentaries. Or...submit your own!
What's on now?
New Ways to Hear KQED
To get started, use the easy links above. Or inside iTunes Radio search "KQED" and be sure to "add" our station to your personal "My Stations" list for future listening. Visit tunein.com and search for KQED then click the "+" or "follow" button.
Search our audio archives of KQED-produced programs below, and listen to past episodes on your computer or take them with you on your iPod.
Radio Technical Issues
As we become aware of technical problems originating from KQED Radio, we will list them here.
We are aware that some Comcast/Xfinity customers have lost access to local radio stations in the upper 900 channels, particularly KQED 88.5 Public Radio on channel 960. Comcast has begun another system-wide upgrade of their equipment. It is our understanding that late last year some Xfinity customers received notices along with their bills that, in […]
To view previous issues and how they were resolved, go to our Radio Technical Issues page.
KQED airs some of the best programs from independent radio producers and public radio networks around the world including: America Abroad, Hearing Voices, and Radiolab.
View airtimes on upcoming specials
Daily news and a weekly newsmagazine, produced by KQED in partnership with stations statewide.
Cy Musiker and David Wiegand on the hottest tickets and shows in Northern California.
KQED's live call-in program presents wide-ranging discussions and in-depth interviews.
KQED's local news program reporting on the latest happenings in Northern California.
Our series of daily listener commentaries since 1991.
NPR Hourly News
The California Report
- Santa Cruz Police Say ICE Misled on Immigration Enforcement
- Cal State Warns Students to Call Campus Police if ICE Approaches
- Focus Is on Immigration at Religious Education Congress
- Trump Looms Large as California GOP Convention Opens
- Tulare Residents Call for Town Hall from Rep. Devin Nunes
- Oroville Residents Vent About Emergency Response at Community Forum
- San Jose Residents Return Home Demanding Answers on Flood Warning
- Sen. Harris Worried DACA Protections Won't Last
- Fear of Deportation Leading California Dreamers to Avoid Aid Application
- Undocumented Parents Who Help Children Enter U.S. Could Face Deportation
- After Introduction of New Bill, Nurses Rally for Universal Health Care
- Legislation Pushes Schools to Test for Lead in Drinking Water