Mark Taylor is Senior Interactive Producer for Arts and Culture at KQED. He is the editor of KQED's daily Arts & Culture blog. Taylor created, shoots and edits Gallery Crawl, KQED's monthly video podcast of the coolest art in the Bay Area's most exciting galleries. Taylor is also the creator and senior producer of The Writers' Block, KQED's weekly reading series.
Mark Taylor has worked in independent film since 1989: at Film Forum in New York; two seasons at P.O.V., the PBS independent documentary series; producing a documentary for The Discovery Channel; and as Festival Director/Exhibition Coordinator for Film Arts Foundation in San Francisco.
Taylor is also an experimental filmmaker and visual artist, recently receiving an MFA from California College of the Arts. His work has been screened and exhibited in festivals, galleries and museums around the globe. His film, Lesson 9, was purchased for broadcast by the BBC, England. His artist books have been collected by the Library of Congress, New York Public Library, the San Francisco Legion of Honor's Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts, Stanford University and the New York Museum of Modern Art, among others.
Visit Mark Taylor's website at emptypictures.net.
Related Blog Articles
- Priced Out: Saying Good-bye to the Myth of San Francisco
- Outside In: Jonathan Runcio at Romer Young Gallery
- Joe Goode's 'Hush' Is All About Sound
- Almodovar Gives Us Something to Get 'Excited' About
- Making History Sexy at the SF LGBT International Film Festival
- A Cornucopia of Queerness at the 2013 LGBT Film Fest
- After the After-Party: California College of the Arts 2013 MFA Show
- Telling Time with Christian Marclay's 'The Clock'
- Changing the World with 'Fury' and Art
- 'Falling Apart' Gracefully with Joe Goode
- 'Vito' Power: Queer Activism at the 36th SF Int'l LGBT Film Fest
- Debauchery and David Lynch: SFAI's 2012 MFA Exhibition
- Noise Pop Film Festival Celebrates Chaos and Creativity
- Noise Pop 20: An Interview with The Dodos' Meric Long
- Tales of the City at A.C.T.
- Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child
- Frameline34: Through Candy-Colored Glasses
- NIAD: Rare and Unreleased
- Not Quite Hollywood
- How Michael Jackson Taught Me to Dance
- Of Time and the City
- How About You
- Let the Right One In
- Art of Democracy: War and Empire
- What We Do Is Secret
- In Search of a Midnight Kiss
- Full Grown Men
- Technical Difficulties
- Pina Bausch: Ten Chi
- Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten
- King Corn
- Siouxsie: Mantaray
- The Darwin Awards
- One to Another (Chacun sa nuit)
- Manufactured Landscapes
- Joe Goode Performance Group: Humansville
- SF Independent Film Festival
- Absolute Wilson
- 3 Needles
- A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints
- The Science of Sleep
- Heading South
- House of Sand/The Descent
- Whisky at the SF Jewish Film Festival
- Who Killed the Electric Car?
- Army of Shadows
- Rampo Noir
- Sketches of Frank Gehry
- Art School Confidential
- Friends With Money
- The Devil and Daniel Johnston
Related Podcasts and Programs
Also on KQED.org this week ...
KQED Summer Fun Adventures
This summer, KQED is partnering with tons of fun places in the Bay Area offering exciting adventures and special savings when you show your MemberCard.
KQED's Hot Summer Days and Night Guide
Our critics pick for the season's best concerts, books, movies, outdoor plays, visual arts and more.