Keith Laidlaw is a writer for KQED Arts & Culture and our political discussion site You Decide. He also works as a freelance writer and editor for Chow.com and SF Weekly, among others.
He moved to San Francisco in April 2007, having spent the previous 11 years living in London. His jobs there included stints with UK Esquire, Britain's leading music title NME, and The Independent newspaper's Sunday magazine supplement. He has also worked in radio production, book publishing, and -- for a few dreary months he rarely mentions on his resume -- local government.
Keith writes two blogs, and you can find links to these, and to much more of his work, at his website here.
Related Blog Articles
- Making Sense of SF
- Nneka Is Here To Save Us All
- Lymbyc Systym: More Fun than Your Sofa
- Curiously Arbitrary Music Awards 2009
- Home is Where The Rural Alberta Advantage Are
- The Golden Girls: The Christmas Episodes
- Is Apple Eating Itself?
- Yo La Tengo's Unpopular Populism
- A Timeless Classic You've Never Heard Of
- The Most Serene Republic's State of Distress
- SFBC Bike-In Movies
- The Amazing Vivian Girls Time Machine
- Wavves of White Noise
- Kronos Quartet on Grass
- Bowling for San Francisco
- When Service Is Just Another Word for Screw
- Blonde Redhead: Business as Unusual
- SF Music Venues Against ABC
- Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band
- No More Tears
- Loch Lomond: Trumpets for Paper Children
- New Year, Old Records
- Special Delivery from Glasvegas
- Best and Worst Music of 2008
- Bill Drummond: 17
- The Late, Late Shows
- David Holmes: The Holy Pictures
- Of Great and Mortal Men: 43 Songs for 43 U.S. Presidencies
- Awake, My Soul / Help Me To Sing
- 31Knots: Worried Well
- Record Keeping
- The Accidental: There Were Wolves
- Music + Advertising = Wrong
- The Blank Tapes: Daydreams
- Caribou: "She's the One"
- Headlights: Some Racing, Some Stopping
- The Heavenly States: Delayer
- British Sea Power: Do You Like Rock Music?
- American Music Club: The Golden Age
- Black Kids, Cool Kids: What's in a name?
- Los Campesinos! cause a twee bit of trouble
- Covered Up
- Tokyo Police Club: Meet the Geek Squad
- Adele's Cute Accent
- Don't Look Back
- St. Vincent: What Saint Ain't
- Smog Goes Solo
Also on KQED.org this week ...
KQED Summer Fun Adventures
This summer, KQED is partnering with tons of fun places in the Bay Area offering exciting adventures and special savings when you show your MemberCard.
San Francisco Opera on KQED
Get your front row seat at one of the leading opera companies in the world! Shot in brilliant HD, the fifth season of San Francisco Opera's acclaimed series brings you four spectacular productions performed by world-class singers.