Indie Songs to Set the Mood
Listen to the newest Noise Pop picks for you and your partner's listening pleasure, featuring Liars, Future Islands, Beach House, Jessie Ware, and The Weeknd. Note: this episode contains adult language and situations.
We've all thought about this - what to play during that certain time with your loved one (or the one you just met) to set the mood? The right music can really make a good intimate moment better; and bad music can end that moment altogether. So from the soft and sweet to hardcore, we've put together a list of some indie tracks to start your evening, or afternoon, or first thing in the morning off right; no matter what kind of music you're into.
- Jaime's picks:
1. "Headache" -- METZ, METZ
2. "Plaster Casts of Everything" -- Liars, Liars
3. "Come With Me" -- CEO, White Magic
4. "Innh Dahh" -- Matthew Dear, Black City
- Olivia's picks:
5. "Tin Man" -- Future Islands, In Evening Air
6. "15 Step" -- Radiohead, In Rainbows
7. "Zebra" -- Beach House, Teen Dream
8. "BTSTU" -- Jai Paul, single
- Dawson's picks:
9. "Sweet Talk" -- Jessie Ware, Devotion
10. "The Morning" -- The Weeknd, Trilogy
11. "Gaudy Side of Town" -- Gayngs, Relayted
12. "Heartbeats" -- The Knife, Deep Cuts
Also on KQED.org this week ...
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business.
KQED Celebrates the Holidays
Find holiday-related KQED television and radio programming, events, gift ideas, recipes, and other Web-exclusive goodies.