Fri, Aug 21, 2009 -- 10:00 AM
Street EatsDownload audio (MP3)
We take to the streets to find out what mobile food vendors are dishing up in the Bay Area. From creme brulee carts and escargot on a stick to taco stands and tamales, street food is becoming more and more popular. We preview upcoming street food festivals in San Francisco and Oakland, and welcome listeners' "pavement cuisine" picks.
Host: Dave Iverson
- Anya Fernald, founder of the Eat Real Festival
- Eric Hill, founder of Shuga Hill Catering, a Bay Area soul food on wheels catering business
- John Birdsall, online food editor for SF Weekly
- Kristin Hoppe, nutrition consultant and natural chef for the Sexy Soup Cart
- Laurent Katgely, chef and owner of Chez Spencer and Spencer on the Go, a French 'taco truck'
- Shelly Garza, general manager of Rising Sun Entrepreneurs which works to help street vendors and caterers set up their businesses