Thu, Apr 26, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
99 Percent Solution?Download audio (MP3)
The Wells Fargo shareholders' meeting in San Francisco was the site of a demonstration this week, with hundreds of activists calling out issues of executive pay, tax rates and foreclosure policies. But the protest was significant for another reason: it was the debut of "99% Power," a nascent coalition of various local and national groups hoping to inspire a nation into political action. How does this new group differ from the Occupy movement?
Host: Michael Krasny
- Father Richard Smith, reverend at The Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist located in San Francisco's Mission District
- Joseph Grundfest, former commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission, senior faculty member at the Rock Center for Corporate Governance and Franke professor of law and business at Stanford Law School
- Kevin Fagan, reporter for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Maria Poblet, executive director of Just Cause, a Bay Area organization focusing on economic justice issues
- Rebecca Tarbotton, executive director of the Rainforest Action Network and one of the leading national spokespeople for 99% Power
- Protesters Descend on Wells Fargo, 24 Arrested : from KQED News
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.