Wed, Jun 30, 2010 -- 9:00 AM
Long-term Jobless BenefitsDownload audio (MP3)
According to the State Department of Employment Development, over 200,000 Californians are at risk of losing their extended unemployment benefits just as both chambers of Congress consider measures to preserve the extended benefits through November.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Jeffrey Jones, assistant director and research fellow at the Hoover Institution specializing in welfare policy, workforce investment policy and American values and culture
- Loree Levy, deputy director for the Public Affairs Branch of the California Employment Development Department
- Marie, unemployed Californian whose benefits will end at the beginning of August
- Michael Bernick, attorney with the Sedgwick Law Firm in San Francisco, research fellow at the Milken Institute and former director of the California Employment Development Department
- Tom Abate, staff writer covering economics for The San Francisco Chronicle
- California Employment Development Department : at CA.gov
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.