Tue, Apr 20, 2010 -- 9:00 AM
Economy on the Rebound?Download audio (MP3)
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress last week that the nation is pulling out of the recession, and that the recovery will last. Three straight months of retail sales gains have brightened the country's economic outlook, but unemployment, particularly in California, remains high. Is the recession over? If so, what does that mean for those struggling to find work and keep their homes?
Host: Michael Krasny
- David Henderson, research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University and associate professor of economics at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California
- Robert Herbst, airline analyst and founder of AirlineFinancials.com
- Sylvia Allegretto, labor economist at the Institute for Research on Labor and Employment at UC Berkeley
- Tamara Keith, business reporter for NPR
- The Economy : Special coverage page from KQED featuring radio stories, videos and more
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.